Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 371. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

I'm really happy with how this project has evolved, not only in the code, but the community beginning to grow around it.

Remember it is people such as yourself that will make this successful: by believing in it, using it, and bringing other people in on the vision of a brighter future that we can all create together.

Viz.

I probably missed this on the thread somewhere, but what are your plans for a community central hub?  Is there a coinshieldtalk.org in the plans, or a subreddit?  Sorry if I am missing something obvious here.

Also, what plans do you have for bringing more people onboard the development team?  I don't know that one primary coder is that sustainable for a project this size.

Do you plan to have a public review period of all the code you have developed?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
IMJim,

Everyday my friend. This has turned into a very large project since the pre-launch with all of the suggestions and my decision to implement them [among other features I had ideas for, but not the time]. I'm really happy with how this project has evolved, not only in the code, but the community beginning to grow around it.

Remember it is people such as yourself that will make this successful: by believing in it, using it, and bringing other people in on the vision of a brighter future that we can all create together.

Viz.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
If everything you have been posting is true brother, it will soon be all of us thanking you!  Sounds like you have been coding like a crazy man for some weeks now!

Cool that you are posting consistent updates as you progress, that is a highly missed factor in most coin threads:-)
legendary
Currently in final stages of Core Development.

Suffered slight operating system issues [enough for a bug to be created that was not there] that I did not rule out as the issue until later in debugging. This slowed things, but now I am back on track. Currently, everything works. The only coding left for me to do is adding RPC commands, Add some Security rules to Unified Time, and Update Synchronized Checkpoints.

A big Thanks to Everyone for their patience and support!
Viz.
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Looks like CoinShield is going to have plenty to do looking back at July.......no shortage of coin detritus that will surely be in need clean-up!
How many Coins were released in July? I count 76 ... (https://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar) I wouldn't be surprise if the real number is 100+.  
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Soft fire makes sweet malt
Support
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Can't wait... nuff said.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Looks like CoinShield is going to have plenty to do looking back at July.......no shortage of coin detritus that will surely be in need clean-up!

For SURE!  Unbelievable how much crap has been coming out!!
Activity: 309
legendary
Component 1 - Complete. [Time Released Distribution]
I had to redesign the Fractional Excess / Fractional Rewarding System, it is now a True Time Released Rewarding System. My results from the past ~4 days are as follows:

target supply after 282 minutes = 17772.603791
actual supply after 282 minutes = 17657
supply percentage 99.349539 %

target supply after 1182 minutes = 74461.202504
actual supply after 1182 minutes = 74460
supply percentage 99.998385 %

target supply after 3810 minutes = 239709.230035
actual supply after 3810 minutes = 239666
supply percentage 99.981966 %

target supply after 5716 minutes = 359295.084881
actual supply after 5716 minutes = 359271
supply percentage 99.993297 %

Component 2 - Complete. [Upgrade Private Keys to 571 bit]
What a headache, but finally resolved. We are moving forward at quite a nice pace.

A] Sign Message using 571 Bit Private Key - Done
B] Encrypt Wallet - Done [but using aes_256] this will be upgraded in time away from EVP Key in Open SSL. Reason for staying at 256 aes is this is the maximum EVP_CIPHER size possible. To upgrade, I will need to write my own password based encryption using SK512/SK1024. This will be a post-launch update.

edit: currently resolving small issues in script.cpp/script.h from the 571 bit upgrade [OP_EQUALVERIFY] is where I have isolated the issue, but it could continue.
update: looks like problem is resolved... time will tell.

Component 3 - In Process. [UTM Rules, Solo Miners]
Now onto setting up UTM seed node rules, and building a getblocktemplate client [for miners]. Bitslapper is currently in final stages of developing GPU kernal. Keep posted for final updates before testnet launch

~Viz

edits: updated status on components 1 and 2, added more time data for component 1. re-posted for subscribers. added A and B below component 2
Activity: 309
Thank you for the updates, nice work, looking forward to supporting this.
legendary
Update [Almost There...]:

1. Finalizing Fractional Rewarding / Fractional Excess - Getting equations tuned to within 1% margin of error, still lingering around 1.5% [keep in mind it can take at least 12 hours to stray this far]. Currently in my present test that I just started [~102 minutes ago], we are at 0.5% inflation, I'll keep everyone posted of results.
2. Finalizing Private Keys - Curve Group above 256 bit doesn't work with current private/public key code. Re-coding to have 571 bit private key [still in process of getting to work]
3. Unified Time Testing - Not fully tested [but operational as far as test results show], will get to testing fully when first 2 components are complete.

All other components have been verified / fixed from private testing. As soon as these three components are finished and tested, we will be ready for public testing. In that I will release a testnet only client, for everyone to verify. Once all issues are resolved [external GPU/CPU miners included] from public testing, the launch date will be set [most likely 4 days after public testing] and time-locked binaries will be released.

Thank You,
~Viz

edit: added item #3, added to item #1
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Yes, I do stand corrected

Solid work. My respect for you has just shot up immeasurably. I've made my point, I'll rest my case.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Launch date?
After testing and the CL miner is complete.  Private testing is underway now.
We will give at least a 4 day notice, so please subscribe to this thread and keep checking. We are hoping to launch before the end of the month, however it all depends how testing goes. So far Videlicet is making progress thanks to everyone who is helping test. Keep up the great work. Public testing is next.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Launch date?
After testing and the CL miner is complete.  Private testing is underway now.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Activity: 329
Can I mine this coin with GPU? If can, where can I find the miner?

If i read right,  the miner will be released on the coins launch.

The GPU miner will be released as soon as it is done being coded. BitSlapper is currently coding it for the community. :-)

Can you tell us if there will be Nvidia support re: GPU miner?...thanks....this looks like good work, signed up/in follwing all the way!

Hi, I'm coding the GPU miner.

I'm currently working on the AMD version of it. Once it's fully tested and ready for public use then I'd be happy to look into integrating NVIDIA support.

I currently own many different AMD cards but no NVIDIA ones. I might be able to borrow a 650 ti from a friend, or sell a couple of R9 270's, once I'm ready to look into it.

If there are any experienced CUDA developers, or anyone with good programming skills, that would be interested in helping then you should contact Videlicet.
just post here...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Can I mine this coin with GPU? If can, where can I find the miner?

If i read right,  the miner will be released on the coins launch.

The GPU miner will be released as soon as it is done being coded. BitSlapper is currently coding it for the community. :-)

Can you tell us if there will be Nvidia support re: GPU miner?...thanks....this looks like good work, signed up/in follwing all the way!

Hi, I'm coding the GPU miner.

I'm currently working on the AMD version of it. Once it's fully tested and ready for public use then I'd be happy to look into integrating NVIDIA support.

I currently own many different AMD cards but no NVIDIA ones. I might be able to borrow a 650 ti from a friend, or sell a couple of R9 270's, once I'm ready to look into it.

If there are any experienced CUDA developers, or anyone with good programming skills, that would be interested in helping then you should contact Videlicet.
legendary
It was a shitcoin yes, because the developer didn't expend the effort required to make a worthwhile coin, we have.

Why do you persist in embarrassing yourself? “the developer didn't expend the effort required to make a worthwhile coin” - that's completely bogus. You have no means of demonstrating the accuracy of that conjecture, let alone its relevance. The choice of fabrication hints strongly at narrow-minded, thoughtless intolerance.

Great programming skills, dangerously weak elsewhere. You should start to challenge your prejudices before they start to challenge you.

Despondently,

Graham

Yes, I do stand corrected [I was wondering if anyone would catch this]. I noticed the weakness of my conjecture after doing more reading after my posted assumption.

edit: and from my findings, the deletecoin developer had a few friends develop the coin while they were layed off, so he was not the actual programmer. Here is his post

Thanks Graham,
~Viz
Jump to: