Pages:
Author

Topic: NiceHash multi-algorithm SOLO mining pool [BTC/LTC/DASH blocks found!] - page 3. (Read 48684 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Thank you very much for the answer, @jonnybravo0311
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I can't answer questions specific to that hardware, however, I can answer your question about the message.  When you see the message "Stratum from pool 0 detected new block", that is just the mining software letting you know a new block was added to the chain.  This is completely normal, and completely expected.  Behind the scenes, when the pool notices a block was found, it sends out new work to miners to work on.

From your screenshot, I see a 7.3% HW error rate.  That's exceptionally high for any miner.  Not sure if that's the cause of the red light you're seeing... you'd have to check to see if any documentation is available about your miner to determine what the light means.
Activity: 34
Hello,

Anyone could help me, please?

So, I have this little USB miner called FutureBit MoonLander and I am trying to mine solo at NiceHash. I set up this in my .bat file

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3333 -u ADDRESS.WORKER -p 1,d=8 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=144

After 10, maybe 20 minutes I got red light from my miner and "Stratum from pool 0 detected new block" communicates. What am I doing wrong?

https://s22.postimg.org/d3c2a7dsh/IMG_3383.jpg
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Ah ok, thx for your excellent answer  Smiley
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Those statistics are meaningless, except to give you visual reassurance that the miner is working.  In pooled mining, every miner is compensated based upon the work the miner submits.  In variable diff, the pool determines how "difficult" the shares it will accept from the miner are.  It bases this on figuring out how many shares the miner is submitting in a given time frame, and adjusts it according to how many shares the pool wants to accept in that same time frame.

Let's take BTC mining as an example.  A pool wants to get six shares a minute, which translates into expecting to receive one share every 10 seconds.  You have an S9, which hashes at 13TH/s.  You can calculate how many diff 1 shares that miner expects to solve per second based on the following formula:
Code:
hash rate / 2^32 * difficulty
So, for our S9 at 13TH/s, we can see that it expects to solve 3026.8 diff 1 shares per second.  That's considerably higher than what the pool wants to track, so to compensate, it adjusts the difficulty of the share it will accept from the miner.  As difficulty increases, the number of shares solved per second decreases.  To get to our target value of 0.1 shares per second, we simply solve for difficulty in the above formula:
Code:
13000000000000 / 2^32 * diff = 0.1
In this case, the diff would be adjusted to 30268.  This way, every time the miner successfully solves a share of that difficulty or better, the pool records the miner having submitted a share.  The pool will typically constantly adjust that value based upon how many shares the miner actually has submitted during the time period.  If it has gotten more shares than expected, it will increase the difficulty.  If it has gotten fewer, it will decrease it.

All of that data is collected, and when some miner finally does submit a share that actually solves a block, then the pool calculates how to distribute the block reward amongst the miners.  That distribution is based on whatever payout mechanism the pool employs.

That's all well and good for pooled mining, but when you're solo mining, none of it matters.  You can submit a trillion shares and not find a block.  Or, you could submit just a single share and that one solves a block.  No matter how many shares you submit, the only one that will ever matter is the one that solves the block.  When that occurs, the pool will distribute the reward.  Either the pool generates the reward to its own address, then pays out later, or more likely the case in solo mining, the reward is distributed to you as the coinbase transaction.

The values you're seeing in the screenshot you shared are there purely for you.  It's a reassurance that your miner is working by providing a visualization of things.  In the screenshot, the pool has assigned a difficulty of 8 to your worker, and that worker is submitting 15.87 solutions per second.  None of that means anything to the pool, or to the network, or even to your miner.  Only if the miner submits a share that solves a block will you receive anything for your work.
When solo mining diff means absolutely nothing.  You either submit a share that solves a block, or you do not.  The only reason diff even exists is for your gratification.  It allows you to visually see that your miner is actually doing something.  As a human, what makes you think something is working properly... this:
Code:
share accepted 129ccced5 Diff 14/9
share accepted 213cdfes6 Diff 23/9
share accepted 522hsues2 Diff 188/9

or a completely blank screen?
You mean the usability or action/reaction of a program, I mean not the output from the miner rather the output from the webinterface:
Is this Diff-Col obsolete? Hmm
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
When solo mining diff means absolutely nothing.  You either submit a share that solves a block, or you do not.  The only reason diff even exists is for your gratification.  It allows you to visually see that your miner is actually doing something.  As a human, what makes you think something is working properly... this:
Code:
share accepted 129ccced5 Diff 14/9
share accepted 213cdfes6 Diff 23/9
share accepted 522hsues2 Diff 188/9

or a completely blank screen?
A question: can anybody explain the var-diff on nicehash.com? Is a high diff better for rewards? In other words, 20H/s on diff 16 are better than 15H/s on diff 8? It is clearly that 20 are better than 15 but with diff 16, is it much more, equal 2x20 ... or so?

values are only examples.
Activity: 23
Hye all. I just want to know if my miner is only got k/h, how much my percentage to earning block of bitcoin.

Thanks
You've got a better chance of stepping in fresh dinosaur crap while being struck by lightning.

So did you mean what im doing is useless right.

Not really useless, but a low-chance high-bet lottery Smiley
LOL... ok, I'll actually do the math Smiley. Since the question was expressed in hash rate of kh/s, I'll give the median value of 500:
Code:
diff * 2^32 / hash / 86400 = number of days to solve block
241227200229 * 2^32 / 500000 / 86400 = 23982938330.768488675555556
That means you've got about a 1 in 23,982,938,331 chance of finding a block in a day (i.e. 0.0000000041696% chance).  You have a significantly better chance of winning the US Powerball lottery (1 in 292,000,000) than you do of finding a block.

Random luck stats...

Chance of being struck by lightning in a year: 1 in 960,000
Chance of being struck by lightning twice in your life: 1 in 9,000,000
Chance of getting a hole in one: 1 in 5,000
Chance of winning an Olympic medal: 1 in 662,000
Chance of stepping in fresh dinosaur crap: 0 Smiley

Thanks mate. Just now i can see what u talk about it
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hye all. I just want to know if my miner is only got k/h, how much my percentage to earning block of bitcoin.

Thanks
You've got a better chance of stepping in fresh dinosaur crap while being struck by lightning.

LOL... ok, I'll actually do the math Smiley. Since the question was expressed in hash rate of kh/s, I'll give the median value of 500:
Code:
diff * 2^32 / hash / 86400 = number of days to solve block
241227200229 * 2^32 / 500000 / 86400 = 23982938330.768488675555556
That means you've got about a 1 in 23,982,938,331 chance of finding a block in a day (i.e. 0.0000000041696% chance).  You have a significantly better chance of winning the US Powerball lottery (1 in 292,000,000) than you do of finding a block.

Random luck stats...

Chance of being struck by lightning in a year: 1 in 960,000
Chance of being struck by lightning twice in your life: 1 in 9,000,000
Chance of getting a hole in one: 1 in 5,000
Chance of winning an Olympic medal: 1 in 662,000
Chance of stepping in fresh dinosaur crap: 0 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

Thanks

Thats an interesting and probably quite accurate way to put it.
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com

Thanks

Thanks

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

Thanks

Thanks
Activity: 26
Hello,

Congratulations to 19cFnWQcdRSW4rgqoTm7nSd9nU1NH1QBWs on the 14th block on NiceHash Solo Bitcoin pool. That makes the first 25 -> 12.5 BTC post-halving block for our Solo pool.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

Hi, how can i mine nicehash solo bitcoin

The NiceHash FAQ has some information on getting started with Solo Mining - https://solo.nicehash.com/faq.htm
Activity: 3
Hello,

Congratulations to 19cFnWQcdRSW4rgqoTm7nSd9nU1NH1QBWs on the 14th block on NiceHash Solo Bitcoin pool. That makes the first 25 -> 12.5 BTC post-halving block for our Solo pool.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

Hi, how can i mine nicehash solo bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 885
NiceHash.com
Hello,

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Hi, Im new user trying solo.nicehash minning. I have a question: If I connect my antminers to solo.nicehash, but I dont buy a ticket lottery, the blocks founds with my antminer are lost?

Lottery tickets, bought at https://www.nicehash.com are not related to your mining with physical hardware. If you buy a ticket at https://www.nicehash.com you're essentially renting hashing power in the background - and this hashing power is directed to the Solo Pool (https://solo.nicehash.com/). If you connect your AntMiners directly to https://solo.nicehash.com/, then you don't have to buy any Tickets (because you already have hashing power from your AntMiners).

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

So, when I was minning here https://solo.nicehash.com/bitcoin/user/15aYxwiVPmHv6BHWqr2JM72RhAfFV8Lcaf.htm you can see in week, when I was minning Sunday 2am to 11am, my antminer said block founds...

Look here

you have to be active to see your stats..

what was the best share on your worker?
are you renting gear or your own machines?

I own machines, I connect now only s3 antminer for see my stats. Can you see?

15aYxwiVPmHv6BHWqr2JM72RhAfFV8Lcaf   10.3T   12.7T   10.4T   1.43T   1.23T   1,578,476,653.46

best share isnt high enough to have made a block.. so it must have been a glitch in the firmware.
i know my s7 says i find blocks when i mine peercoin.. when i dont.

Activity: 8
Hi, Im new user trying solo.nicehash minning. I have a question: If I connect my antminers to solo.nicehash, but I dont buy a ticket lottery, the blocks founds with my antminer are lost?

Lottery tickets, bought at https://www.nicehash.com are not related to your mining with physical hardware. If you buy a ticket at https://www.nicehash.com you're essentially renting hashing power in the background - and this hashing power is directed to the Solo Pool (https://solo.nicehash.com/). If you connect your AntMiners directly to https://solo.nicehash.com/, then you don't have to buy any Tickets (because you already have hashing power from your AntMiners).

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

So, when I was minning here https://solo.nicehash.com/bitcoin/user/15aYxwiVPmHv6BHWqr2JM72RhAfFV8Lcaf.htm you can see in week, when I was minning Sunday 2am to 11am, my antminer said block founds...

Look here

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2hx6rh5.jpg

you have to be active to see your stats..

what was the best share on your worker?
are you renting gear or your own machines?

I own machines, I connect now only s3 antminer for see my stats. Can you see?
Pages:
Jump to: