Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 209. (Read 1053098 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
Nobl needs to get its act together and get the POS ball rolling!!! Wether it be by fork or a coin exchange.  This silence is slowly but surely killing us
Activity: 691
Merit: 500
I hope this 'quiet' is temporary!!! really do

we have never been accused of being the most vocal group of people. personally i think that being as reserved as much as we are, has become more of  a detriment than being beneficial.

That is because As a whole we are more mature community compared to most coins.

Exactly. It's a good thing in a way, but I agree that it is a negative thing at the moment.

The problem is that we have nothing to talk about. Well I know I don't anyway...

Spot on, I didn't even want to post this as it adds nothing. Wink

it's just a little aggravating, that the children that do nothing more than jump up and down screaming LOOK AT ME!! garner more attention than a level headed community of people.

I think we do need something to draw the community back together and to get people excited again. No idea what though...

When we move to PoS that will bring some momentum back, but we could do with something before then.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

we have never been accused of being the most vocal group of people. personally i think that being as reserved as much as we are, has become more of  a detriment than being beneficial.

Exactly. It's a good thing in a way, but I agree that it is a negative thing at the moment.

The problem is that we have nothing to talk about. Well I know I don't anyway...

it's just a little aggravating, that the children that do nothing more than jump up and down screaming LOOK AT ME!! garner more attention than a level headed community of people.

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Activity: 238

legendary
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver
Official Announcement: We are pulling off our support for several altcoins now.
Based on the orders between August 16-31, 2014, Noblecoin may be delisted along with Darkcoin and Mintcoin.

https://twitter.com/coaex/status/500557780999081984

While I understand you need to make business decisions based on coins with current customers, volume and depth I'm saddened. Here's to hoping you revisit us in a few months once we've got our current projects sorted and they are public knowledge. Good luck and I'm sure we'll keep in touch.

We also hope that it's temporary. Rest assured we will follow the updates closely.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Based on the orders between August 16-31, 2014, Noblecoin may be delisted along with Darkcoin and Mintcoin.

While I understand you need to make business decisions based on coins with current customers, volume and depth I'm saddened. Here's to hoping you revisit us in a few months once we've got our current projects sorted and they are public knowledge. Good luck and I'm sure we'll keep in touch.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

Activity: 165
Pfffft when I bought Noble at 250 I thought it was cheap! Still do!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Promo is difficult with the pending changes.. :s
Anyone else think we need to liven this thread up a bit?
Yes everything needs livening up including bitcoin lol Smiley

Answers on a postcard on what we can do to get more excitement in the Noblecoin thread...
legendary
Yes everything needs livening up including bitcoin lol Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I keep buying noble, just put in a big 6 mill buy order at 12 on cryptsy and some on mintpal at 12, if any wants to give me there coins please do. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I think it is a great step forward to hire the pro's of the business! Smiley Something most coins do not do.
Small update:

Marketplace good to go v2: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com. New cards, bullion still in the works (sorry - tax, legal & costs in Aus.), SSL - double checking products in stock & will enter the external merchant sections next. edit: There are still product/service additions to come to the Marketplace, I just didn't want to leave our Marketplace seeming in limbo.

NobleRoad (OpenBazaar) so far: https://github.com/jlcurby/NobleRoad. The second coins that are getting 10x-15x our vol. & market-cap for promising OpenBazaar (non-blockchain) marketplaces that are ahead of official development (it's in Alpha) release something I'll bite my tongue and fork our own copy with the products/deals (read: I don't believe them).

Steps is next and merchant map/easier access/use. I'm still tied up in related work that will come out. Our Water Project was completed: http://thewaterproject.org/community/projects/kenya/well-repair-in-kenya-4257 and we'll be gearing up for Steps/Round 2. I'll be working this to be funded by the community in a way that doesn't dump ANY NOBL on an exchange for those who are concerned with how fundraising affects price.

PoS as I said hopefully begins in a couple of weeks when our new developer frees up his schedule. If he can't figure it out I'll admit defeat and we'll organise a clean wallet swap to end PoW/miner inflation. All I'm asking now is a little patience, I will give daily updates if necessary to show I'm still here.

Wallet is here still: https://github.com/jlcurby/NobleCoin-wallet-placeholder - will release some compiled versions to toy with if interested. Going to pay for some new developers to join for wallet work.

Team: Within the next few months our team will look like: Protocol (1 paid developer), Wallet (1- 2 paid developers + protocol developers for additions/testing/GUI/features), myself for Noble Marketplace/NobleRoad, Steps & stuff in the works and then also community Ambassadors for promotion/social. Paid can be trusted developers to provide additions when they come about/are proven, I won't be able to continue handling them all. This will be an ongoing overhaul and I'm hoping we have names/faces for everyone involved.

Thanks Rofo. This is the reason I am still buying Noble, some great things to come Smiley
Small update:

Small issue with the website: https://noblemovement.com/ displays a version of https://www.noblemovement.com/ without CSS and an SSL issue. Might be best to just redirect to the www if it's not meant to be used!

Yeah, it has always been like that. Doesn't seem to affect all people...
Jump to: