Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 13. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Received the news from telegram this morning.  Hope this is well taken care off.
Just wondering, the hackers won't be able to do transaction without a private key of yours right?

Nope, it should be all resolved now and shouldn't happen again.  I'm keeping tabs on the stolen ETH, eventually it will be moved to an exchange or some other traceable location.  It wasn't a lot, but it's the principle that matters.  They hacked us and stole what didn't belong to them.  There will be justice in the form of their ass being violated while I sing Elton John's Can You Feel the Love Tonight...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Received the news from telegram this morning.  Hope this is well taken care off.
Just wondering, the hackers won't be able to do transaction without a private key of yours right?
ok.  good to hear.  So the pool server software is ok and not compromised or file timestamps changed for the code? So this was one back door, could there be others or you got them  all plugged up?

Everything is running fine now, even was able to change the ID so that when you receive a payment it will say Noobpool instead of just the wallet address.  And I did find the issue and fixed it.  Doesn't look like there are any other vulnerabilities.  The good thing is that the software is set to start sending out payments as soon as we find a block, so that will keep any thief from being able to get much if any if they somehow found another way to hack us.  I've also setup alerts so if there are any unauthorized transactions I'll be alerted right away on my phone, which is always with me.  Since they do a test transaction first of 0 eth, then start to take money several minutes later it will give me enough time to protect any eth in the account.  But I doubt that will be an issue again anyway.

And as a final measure of safety, I'll move any excess eth to a secure wallet on another system then I can move it back when it's needed, until i'm confident that we are safe from more attacks.

I'm not giving up on finding who did it though, they only got about $100 worth of ETH, there has to be some IP fingerprint somewhere and when I find it and track them down, I'll go to their house and rape them.  Literally.  They steal from me it becomes prison rules.
Activity: 58
ok.  good to hear.  So the pool server software is ok and not compromised or file timestamps changed for the code? So this was one back door, could there be others or you got them  all plugged up?
I'm working on this, I've only known about it for about 2 hours.  I'm checking logs, changed passwords, and am trying to figure out how and if this can happen again.  

I do not know if it is related, but claymore miner is giving me this error:
ETH:: No new jobs were received for 10 mins - something is wrong with the pool (or check -ejobtimeout and -djobtimeout options), disconnect.

Yes, that was related.  It's fixed now, I believe I've also plugged the hole that allowed the eth to be stolen.  To test it I sent some eth to the pool account.
I'm working on this, I've only known about it for about 2 hours.  I'm checking logs, changed passwords, and am trying to figure out how and if this can happen again.  

I do not know if it is related, but claymore miner is giving me this error:
ETH:: No new jobs were received for 10 mins - something is wrong with the pool (or check -ejobtimeout and -djobtimeout options), disconnect.
I'm working on this, I've only known about it for about 2 hours.  I'm checking logs, changed passwords, and am trying to figure out how and if this can happen again. 
Have you taken other precautions against other future occurances?  How'd they get in?  Could it happen again?  Worse thing is if this is a test attack and they attack right after a block is hit.

Interesting how you can trace the transactions and now they're sitting in a new wallet.

Someday a programmer will create a database of "bad" wallets and the crimes committed that could eventually lead to an individual.
Activity: 13
Sorry. Don't mean to be a dick, but what do you mean there were a lot of compromised accounts? Whose? Where? I mean how did the main account get hacked and how can miners  be sure it won't happen again?

I know that you are basically doing this for free at this point, so I don't have much room to complain, but I think we need a little more info to be sure that this is under control and we aren't wasting our hashing power.

Thanks
Apparently there were a lot of compromised accounts and somehow our main account was one of them, early this morning someone cleaned out our account, however there was only about .6 ETH stolen.  I have since reset our account password and was forced to restart the node.  Everything is fine now and if needed, I'll use my own eth to replace what was stolen.  This does not effect any miners and you're pending amounts are safe. 
That's a really good question.  The pool does have a 0% fee and I don't know the address it was sent to, how, or why it was done.  No one has access to the account except for me and I was still sleeping at the time it happened.  I'm going to look into this.
Apparently Telegram is used more for one person to send out information.  I could create a group for others to be able to talk as well but that would involve inviting everyone who wants to join, one at a time.  That would be a pain.

You can put on the site the link to the invitation. So who wants to join the chat have only to click on the invitation link.
Apparently Telegram is used more for one person to send out information.  I could create a group for others to be able to talk as well but that would involve inviting everyone who wants to join, one at a time.  That would be a pain.
agree, that would be a pain to add so many noobpool members around the world into telegram. We'll just treat it as a platform for special or important announcement from noobpool.
The telegram is a nice addition. Noobpool, your plan for using telegram is for one way communication for announcement and news sharing? Or you plan to make it interactive group?

I'm new to telegram, but I want it to be an open group for others to talk.  Although I am very important and all, I think everyone should be able to talk.  Smiley

Could someone help test and see if it's set correctly?
Nope, At least I can't talk in the group. Looks like you have created a channel and I don't know if it's even possible to have a conversation in a channel.  Huh

Same here, looks like noobpool telegram setting is set is announcement channel, others won't be able to chat and response in the telegram, we are at the receiving end only. Noobpool is there some setting you can change?

Like I said, i'm new to Telegram.  I'll see what I can do to fix it.
The telegram is a nice addition. Noobpool, your plan for using telegram is for one way communication for announcement and news sharing? Or you plan to make it interactive group?

I'm new to telegram, but I want it to be an open group for others to talk.  Although I am very important and all, I think everyone should be able to talk.  Smiley

Nope, At least I can't talk in the group. Looks like you have created a channel and I don't know if it's even possible to have a conversation in a channel.  Huh

Same here, looks like noobpool telegram setting is set as announcement channel, others won't be able to chat and response in the telegram, we are at the receiving end only. Noobpool is there some setting you can change?

I can't find the app, can you post the link, please?

I'm using PoolWatch from Google play store. And key in the json api plugin you get from noobpool
Really it depends on what GPU you are using AMD or Nvidia.  

Ethminer is good with Nvidia and i'm using 0.11.0rc which boosts Nvidia GTX 1060's specially designed for when the new 1060 mining card comes out.

Here's your bat file, optimized for NVIDIA GPU's not AMD.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer --farm-recheck 1000 -U -F http://noobpool.com:8888/0x(ether address)/  --cuda-parallel-hash 4.

the -U is for Nvidia only.  works well.

recheck 1000 polls the server every second.  i think 200 is too often versus new block data discovery.  Statistically blocks don't update quick enough to poll 200.  now that is a different story if you are using a proxy server then it's required to be 200.
Pages:
Jump to: