Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 12. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
You need to modify the configuration on your main page and help page. 

When using ethminer there are two switches.  the -G you mention is only for AMD based GPUs best performance.
changing the -G to
-U is the configuration for Nvidia GPUs.  I think some NOOBs are confused by this.  This is only for use with ethminer and not with claymore.

Best nvidia GTX 1050/60/70/80 config is as follows

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer --farm-recheck 500 -U -F http://noobpool.com:8888/0x/ --cuda-parallel-hash 4
pause
all in a .bat file running windows 10 and latest drivers

eagleye, for nvidia card 1070, any difference with using ethminer vs claymore?
I'm using claymore currently, avg hash ~26MH/s. If switching to ethminer, any idea how much % jump in hashrate?

Bump up that memory clock speed man! You should be around 30-31mh/s with your 1070. But ethminer and claymore are both pretty identical, especially with the new 9.7 claymore that just came out. Both claymore and ethminer were optimized recently and giving out another 1mh/s or so.

Ditto on metacrypto's comment push up the memory clock speed.  I run 1070s from a few different manufacturers and have them dual mining sia, decred and/or lbry at around 29mh/s for eth (at around a 40 dcri).   The actual values vary by card, but on average I have the card memory clocked up to +400 and power set to 70% limit.  You'll have to see what works for your cards, but for me its a good mix between hashrate and power consumption.
Activity: 58
re 1070.

I'm using 0.11.0rc1 ethminer which was designed for the 1060 new mining GPU graphics card and also works well with performance increase on most 1060's.  I've heard that claymore is good on the 1070.  But you can check with these settings and try it out.  you may need to give the system time.  my hash rate was all over the place but now i'm averaging 19-22 Mh with a 1060  previously i was around 17-19  the longer it runs steady the better it does.  don't know why.

Try it out with the settings above and see if your hashrate improves  i would think you should get a steady 28 to 32 MH on a 1070  Boost the memory clock until it crashes then back it down a notch. Boosting memory speed doesn't do any damage at all.  It either works or it doesn't.   Also, you can probably knock the power down to 60%.  ethereum mining is pure memory intensive.  My old PC with a 1060 is running 100 to 120 watts total including system power.  the card is about 60-75 watts.   I use evga precision for timing, then I shut evga down after the settings take effect and it maintains those settings.  I find having the video software running made my system less stable at high memory speeds.  I have two cards, one runs at +290 on memory which is about 4.1Ghz the other identical card, different pc runs +400 or 4.4Ghz  any higher and they both freeze up.  I"m at 60% power.  only mining ethereum.  not dual mining at the moment.  Though claymore is the way to dual mine and I've read good reviews on the 1070.
Activity: 4

When using ethminer there are two switches.  the -G you mention is only for AMD based GPUs best performance.
changing the -G to
-U is the configuration for Nvidia GPUs.  I think some NOOBs are confused by this.  This is only for use with ethminer and not with claymore.

ethminer --farm-recheck 500 -U -F http://noobpool.com:8888/0x/ --cuda-parallel-hash 4
pause

I'm using claymore currently, avg hash ~26MH/s. If switching to ethminer, any idea how much % jump in hashrate?

Bump up that memory clock speed man! You should be around 30-31mh/s with your 1070. But ethminer and claymore are both pretty identical, especially with the new 9.7 claymore that just came out. Both claymore and ethminer were optimized recently and giving out another 1mh/s or so.
Activity: 28

changing the -G to

pause

When using ethminer there are two switches.  the -G you mention is only for AMD based GPUs best performance.
changing the -G to
-U is the configuration for Nvidia GPUs.  I think some NOOBs are confused by this.  This is only for use with ethminer and not with claymore.

pause

the --farm-recheck at 200 milliseconds is quite low and I find it wasted network traffic.  I find 500 to 1000ms to be sufficient.  it can be increased to 1000 or 2000 which is 1 or 2 seconds check.  1 second check reduces bandwidth slightly minimizing submissions of stale shares"nonce". at 2000 you will get rejected shares in 24 hours.  I haven't at the 1000ms mark.

Statistically, new blocks are not once every second but mostly 10's of seconds so at 500 or 1000 milliseconds you don't miss much of new work.  Going out 2000 milliseconds gives you an accurate hash rate reported by ethminer, but risk rejected blocks.

I"m at 1000 and don't have any rejected blocks
Noobpool - first off, thanks for standing up a quality pool and addressing issues found so quickly.  I jumped in right after the first block was found and am looking forward to mining with this group for a long while.

Second - any chance you've looked at enabling notifications for the pool?  For example inactive miner or new block found email updates?  No idea what goes into doing that or how much effort it is, but thought it would be helpful to those of us in the pool.

Yeah, email notifications are a high priority, just implementing it has been a challenge.  But I'm not giving up on it. 

Excellent, I figured you were on it already but great to hear!

tcsee - thanks for the PoolWatch app suggestion, I'll check it out
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Noobpool - first off, thanks for standing up a quality pool and addressing issues found so quickly.  I jumped in right after the first block was found and am looking forward to mining with this group for a long while.

Second - any chance you've looked at enabling notifications for the pool?  For example inactive miner or new block found email updates?  No idea what goes into doing that or how much effort it is, but thought it would be helpful to those of us in the pool.

Yeah, email notifications are a high priority, just implementing it has been a challenge.  But I'm not giving up on it. 

For your 2nd proposal, you can download an App from Google Play called PoolWatch, and just key in the json API url (which you can obtain from noobpool website by keying in your public address) into this app.
It works wonderful for me to check on my rig run status.

Currently we have a 0% pool fee and pay the transaction fees.  So a lower limit would mean more transactions and more fees that we have to pay.  It's already lower than most pools.  A hash rate of 20MH/s can earn that much in a couple days.  But if others request a lower limit, I'll consider it.

The withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine for me too.

Noobpool, just to let you know, a couple of days ago I opened a topic in the italian section of the forum to promote your pool  Wink
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eth-pool-per-piccoli-minatori-2017164 

Thanks, I'm sure it's good.  I can't read it, but with our hash rate going up all the time, I think all the positive things people have been saying is helping.  You, eagleye, and a few others have helped bring in a lot of miners.  Over 5GH/s now.  Should mine a block about ever 2 days now.  I think we have officially gone from being a small pool to a medium size pool.  I think a block a day would be our sweet spot, still gives time for luck to help miners get better returns yet fast enough that we get payouts daily.  That would be in the 12GH/s range.
Currently we have a 0% pool fee and pay the transaction fees.  So a lower limit would mean more transactions and more fees that we have to pay.  It's already lower than most pools.  A hash rate of 20MH/s can earn that much in a couple days.  But if others request a lower limit, I'll consider it.

The withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine for me too.

Noobpool, just to let you know, a couple of days ago I opened a topic in the italian section of the forum to promote your pool  Wink
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eth-pool-per-piccoli-minatori-2017164 

Thanks, but for now I'll leave it at 0%.  Eventually I'll move it up to 0.25% which will be such a small amount no one will notice anyway, but that won't happen for a while.  That would be 0.0125 eth divided between everyone for a full block, that would basically cover the transaction fees.

And have you noticed, the price of ETH has gone up by around $65USD over the past 2 days.  Hopefully it keeps going up!
I think a withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine and may have a financial reason behind the cost of transactions and the gas fees associated.  Keeps us mining longer.

On another note now would be a good time to remember those addresses who were here early helping you build this pool from the beginning  before everyone else jumps on and to that note, I don't mind if the pool fee goes up 1/4 percent fee to help you defray your expenses.  You deserve it.

Since your at 0% right now you should have an ETH pay address on your main page or bottom of the toolbar asking/reminding for donations for all this effort you put forth.  Donations: 0x....

A generous big miner would mail you a card or two.  I would but I don't have the resources yet.  When I'm built up to 3 to 5 rigs, then I'd send you an extra card.

I agree with eagleye, noobpool deserve some kudos for the real hard work he put in to enable all us.
Eventually when your maintenance costs go high, you shall charge some minor fees.

God, please send noobpool his dream rig  Smiley   We hope God hear this and enable some generous miners to make this wish comes true!

I think a withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine and may have a financial reason behind the cost of transactions and the gas fees associated.  Keeps us mining longer.

On another note now would be a good time to remember those addresses who were here early helping you build this pool from the beginning  before everyone else jumps on and to that note, I don't mind if the pool fee goes up 1/4 percent fee to help you defray your expenses.  You deserve it.

Since your at 0% right now you should have an ETH pay address on your main page or bottom of the toolbar asking/reminding for donations for all this effort you put forth.  Donations: 0x....

A generous big miner would mail you a card or two.  I would but I don't have the resources yet.  When I'm built up to 3 to 5 rigs, then I'd send you an extra card.

In my opinion, lowering the withdrawal limit to 0.03 would attract more people to this pool

Activity: 197
In my opinion, lowering the withdrawal limit to 0.03 would attract more people to this pool
Okay, fixed the glitch with payouts, they should come a bit faster now.  I know 2 hours from the time we found the block until everyone was paid wasn't a big deal, but it's better now. 

I spent so much time working on the pool these last couple days that I didn't mine enough to reach the payout threshold.  How sad is that?  I need to build a dedicated mining rig soon.  Anyone have a bunch of 580's, a good mining MB, powered risers, some ram, a SSD, a couple nice PSU's, and a nice open air case they want to send me?  UPS or FedEx is fine.  Oh, and throw in a 1080 I can use for gaming. 
second block was just found in just under 3 days at 3GH.  So now for more realistic numbers, I am still ahead of other pools by about 2 days.  This will be more profitable.  So, about 30 to 50% more than the big pools.

About an hour and a half to confirm then paid out in under 10 mins.

Would have been sooner but there was a minor glitch in my hacker proofing.  Next block will be faster to mature and payout once found.  But we're at about 4GH now so should be able to pull a block every 2-3 days if we stay at this rate.

Great news indeed! As a newbie I'm so happy earning my first few dollars
second block was just found in just under 3 days at 3GH.  So now for more realistic numbers, I am still ahead of other pools by about 2 days.  This will be more profitable.  So, about 30 to 50% more than the big pools.

Would have been sooner but there was a minor glitch in my hacker proofing.  Next block will be faster to mature and payout once found.  But we're at about 4GH now so should be able to pull a block every 2-3 days if we stay at this rate.

Pages:
Jump to: