Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 11. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Are you willing to support nicehash for your pool?

Nicehash is supported, just use Daggerhashmoto as the algorithm. 

yeah i use it on ethermine, but i need some setting from the pool to set up nicehash. Have you tried to set it up? i can't!

I haven't used nicehash before, but the settings for the pool should be the same as the claymore settings I would think.
HA!  Funny you should ask.

Based on statistics, we hit the first block at 30% variance but the pool was running for several weeks below 500MH. Small hash rate and you have a better chance at hitting in the low percentage but it takes longer.   Then we hit the second block at 53% variance and over 1 GH in 2 days.   Now, I'm taking the curve and estimating to about 75%-80% any moment now for the next block.  As we get closer to 100% variance after each round with more hash power quicker we will hit the block.  Let's see how close I am.  Notice the variance is climbing much faster now with higher hash power.  

We were both wrong, at almost 90% now and still no block.  Today sometime?
Noobpool, take a look at this:
https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/21618/what-is-the-exploit-behind-paritys-multisig-wallet-from-2017-07-19

Maybe it is related to the hacker attack we had in the past days.

For all of you, guys: it's safer to use wallet created with geth or myetherwallet.com

I don't use Parity, but it was similar.  I won't go into details, don't need to give anyone any ideas how to hack us.  If I explain what it was and how I fixed it someone might figure out another way. 
Activity: 291
Merit: 155

yeah i use it on ethermine, but i need some setting from the pool to set up nicehash. Have you tried to set it up? i can't!

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
poloniex, cionbase, gdax, bitstamp.  one each everywhere, but maintain my own wallets on the pcs.  exchanges for small amounts and moving it around.

also changelly converts directly from one coin wallet to another wallet without exchange use.

Activity: 13
Guys, which crypto to crypto exchange will you recommend? I was looking at Poloniex, but I want to explore more options...

Honestly, I just pulled everything out of polo. Here's the primary reason: their deposit contracts on both eth and etc are wonky. Under stress, they don't seem to allocate enough gas to smaller transactions. So, for example, last week I had to keep mining etc to get to the threshold where their contract would allocate enough gas to get the transaction through to my actual account (in this case I think it was 9 etc). I have had the same thing happen with eth. And, I have had similar issues on the withdrawal side. TLDR: You get your money eventually, but it may take some time and frustration. (never did get an answer to any ticket raised about this either).

I use gemini to convert straight to fiat if I need to (it's US based and regulated in NY), but I don't think they are available outside the US or in every US state.

For alts like etc, I've switched to bittrex even though they have higher fees and a basically unusable interface (if you are trying to trade).

I was with polo for a long time trading, but the recent issues make me too nervous to keep any money there. So, I'm just not trading and only mining. So, user interface is not that important to me now.
Activity: 28
Noobpool, take a look at this:
https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/21618/what-is-the-exploit-behind-paritys-multisig-wallet-from-2017-07-19

Maybe it is related to the hacker attack we had in the past days.

For all of you, guys: it's safer to use wallet created with geth or myetherwallet.com

Small hash rate and you have a better chance at hitting in the low percentage

Why?  Huh
Guys, which crypto to crypto exchange will you recommend? I was looking at Poloniex, but I want to explore more options...
Activity: 291
Merit: 155
Lets see, it's about 8:30pm here, so I'm guessing sometime around 3am when I'm sound asleep so my phone will go off and wake me, then I'll have to get up and make sure all payments went out, so that will be about an hour or so of lost sleep.. 

Based on statistics, we hit the first block at 30% variance but the pool was running for several weeks below 500MH. Small hash rate and you have a better chance at hitting in the low percentage but it takes longer.   Then we hit the second block at 53% variance and over 1 GH in 2 days.   Now, I'm taking the curve and estimating to about 75%-80% any moment now for the next block.  As we get closer to 100% variance after each round with more hash power quicker we will hit the block.  Let's see how close I am.  Notice the variance is climbing much faster now with higher hash power.  
Eagleye, thanks for the sharing.
Any ideas when likely we are going to solve another block?
Which indicator do we look at to predict and calculate the estimated time needed to solve a block? Barring the luck factor.
The web page hash rate is an average hash rate based only on blocks submitted.  The number is accurate.  Statistics says you will sometimes find blocks quicker, thus increasing your average hash rate and then sometimes you find fewer block reducing the average, but your GPUs run at the same speed for the same data.  This data at NOOBPOOL is the same with other pools I've experienced.

Later when the pool designer has time and programs charts you will be able to see your hashrate fluctuation and averages over time. 
SO maybe another calculation on the miner statistic page could be a 6hr, 12hr and 24hr hashrate average.  Maybe that's easy to  do.
The longer the average the closer to your true hash power.  3 hrs can give you the variances you are seeing.  Like this morning I had a 3hr hash rate of 25 on a 18-20GPU.  that's the luck of mining.  then it's down 6 hours later to 15 but i'm still mining at 18MH reported by ethminer.

Your computer tells you your true real time mining hash power.  The pool only tells you your hash power based on successful submissions and a calculation based on difficulty of mining the block.

Also, I like having my own wallet.  I've got it setup on a different computer.  A little slow to download the 40GB data file but I have control over my wallet and multiple addresses if I wanted to.  Any money in an exchange has no protection or guarantees.  You or they lose your key or a market crash takes out the exchange and your coins could be gone.

Just look at the warnings they have with bitcoin that you should keep your own private key to your funds offline Aug. 1 in case something bad happens and your exchange loses your coins.

Once in the wallet, I can quickly send coins to an exchange to do whatever I want and I can quickly get them back out or converted to other coins and into my own private wallets. 
My only wait from payment is waiting for my wallet to download and update the blockchain with the transactions and voila they appear in my wallet after payment.  I also find it easy to backup the wallet key and very easy to move to a new computer when needed.
The hash rate on the website is an average, it takes a while before it shows your full rate.

Payments have been going out on time after every block is found.  Everyone seems to be getting them in their wallet within moments of the payment sent.  As far as the exchanges, I don't know.  Most exchanges say to always send your ETH to a wallet first then send to them, but that's probably because of high transaction fees and when you mine on big pools you get a lot of little transactions because they mine blocks so fast, but here we find a block every few days so the transactions won't be a lot of little ones.  I don't think it will be a problem.
Activity: 16
And I will join with 240 mh/s, are the payments to the exchanges up to date?
If I give an address from P***iex, K***en will arrive there.
noobpool, I look at the stat from noobpool web, my hash is only showing:
Hashrate (rough, short average) = ~18MH
Hashrate (accurate, long average) = ~22MH

However my local start.dat window is consistently showing 25 to 26MH/s
I OC memory up, I was able to get 31MH stable for 5minutes, but I don't see my hashrate stat at noobpool web get updated. Later I switch back to default mem clock for better stability.

So regarding the stat at noobpool web, may I know anything wrong with that hashrate? Any reason it doesn't reflect what I see at my local machine?
Activity: 16
guys, thanks for the input about numping memory speed. Will experiment it right away.
If using claymore, bumping the power to 70% utilization, is it using this switch -ethi 7? I read somewhere the default is 80% power intensity

Mine is Asus strix 1070, already an OC version, but I guess the memory isn't OC'ed.

Suggest you use MSI Afterburner (or similar OC utility) to set the environment and tweak the cards.  This lets you change the settings while Claymore is actively mining which makes you see relatively instant results to what you're adjusting.  There are several articles or videos online that show how to make the modifications, but in short, just keep bumping up the memory clock speed by 100 until you see the miner or graphics driver crash, then back it down to the last stable setting.  For the power, you'll typically see hashrate drop before the card crashes, but do a similar approach.  start at 100 and back the power limit down by 5 or 10% until you find a good mix of power and hashrate.  70% seems to be pretty successful for 1070s but will depend on the card.

the ethi switch may result in something similar, but I've not tried it so can't comment. 
guys, thanks for the input about numping memory speed. Will experiment it right away.
If using claymore, bumping the power to 70% utilization, is it using this switch -ethi 7? I read somewhere the default is 80% power intensity

Mine is Asus strix 1070, already an OC version, but I guess the memory isn't OC'ed.
Pages:
Jump to: