Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 15. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Folks can you help recommend android apps to monitor mining tasks?

Ok after some searching I found the answer. I use json api url from noobpool  and copy paste into eth mining monitor app, it works great.

Another question I have is, I've been mining at noobpool for 5hours, the ETH pending balance is still 0. Is this normal? At least it should show some figure right?
Pending Balance: 0.00000000
Credited coins awaiting payout.
Just so you know I've joined noobpool, and verified my miner status there, my address now exists and captured in your miners stat. Happy mining together!

Folks can you help recommend android apps to monitor mining tasks?
Congrats! I would like to join this noobpool, I should be able to contribute ~31MH/s.
However I'm located in Asia. Any disadvantage of my Asia location for joining noobpool?
Also, I just joined your telegram channel. Hope to get more news there, and now I'm setting up Claymore to point to noobpool.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Since we found our first block last night we've been hovering around the 2.5GH/s mark, which is about a block a week, a little less with good luck.  Smiley
I setup the Telegram chat, the link is at the top left of the website.

Nice addition, just joined.
And thanks for your answers.
I setup the Telegram chat, the link is at the top left of the website.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 0.39567279 eth for me!  Grin Grin Grin

Now that the payment's went out with our first block and our hash rate is up, hopefully it will continue to rise so we can mine blocks a bit faster, 1 every couple days would be nice.  It took about an hour from the time the block was found until it was verified and all payments sent out.

Yes, I can confirm the payment is very very fast   Grin Grin

Noobpool, I have two "noob question" for you:
1) Can you explain me what means the stat "Current variance"?
2) In the help page I noticed you say to use eth-proxy. But it seems to me a windows only program (I am using clayminer under linux at the moment). Am I wrong? Would be better if I'll use it?

The variance number is more like a luck factor.  It goes up as we find shares vs difficulty.  If we mine a block with a low variance payouts are better because we didn't work as hard.  We found the last one at a 30% variance, which is good.  There is another similar pool that's variance has gone to over 115% and they haven't found a block, bad luck.  So they end up finding a lot of shares and no block.  Or something like that.  I'm still a bit confused on how to really explain it.

As for the eth-proxy, just use Claymore, it is more consistent and it's what most people use.  The command line for it is on the home page.
Activity: 58
We found our first block an hour ago and payments are going out.  Congrats to us!

HUGE!!!!   My numbers are much higher than other pools by about 3 times for the amount of time I've been mining.  Gotta keep this up because now that we find one there's probably another one coming soon, statistically speaking.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 0.39567279 eth for me!  Grin Grin Grin

Now that the payment's went out with our first block and our hash rate is up, hopefully it will continue to rise so we can mine blocks a bit faster, 1 every couple days would be nice.  It took about an hour from the time the block was found until it was verified and all payments sent out.

Yes, I can confirm the payment is very very fast   Grin Grin

Noobpool, I have two "noob question" for you:
1) Can you explain me what means the stat "Current variance"?
2) In the help page I noticed you say to use eth-proxy. But it seems to me a windows only program (I am using clayminer under linux at the moment). Am I wrong? Would be better if I'll use it?
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 0.39567279 eth for me!  Grin Grin Grin

Now that the payment's went out with our first block and our hash rate is up, hopefully it will continue to rise so we can mine blocks a bit faster, 1 every couple days would be nice.  It took about an hour from the time the block was found until it was verified and all payments sent out.
We found our first block an hour ago and payments are going out.  Congrats to us!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 0.39567279 eth for me!  Grin Grin Grin
No, I am browsing the page at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
I got a blank page when I open the site,
anyone have same issue?
Can you guys explain me what the stat Current Round Variation means?
Like what you're doing here man I pointed my rig at your pool.  Grin The chat and projections would be a dope idea too, let's mine some eth bois!
-miner ..2480d

Something with my estimated earnings syntax was off, killed the whole stats window, I quickly changed it back to a working version.  Just gotta figure out what I did wrong.  Depending on how drunk I get tonight or how long I'm going to be gone tomorrow, I should get the chat up and running in a day or two.  Probably tomorrow night.
Activity: 4
Like what you're doing here man I pointed my rig at your pool.  Grin The chat and projections would be a dope idea too, let's mine some eth bois!
-miner ..2480d
A telegram chat would be nice and very easy to setup.

I'll look into that, currently working on setting up an ETC node as well, will be etc.noobpool.com and will keep eth at noobpool.com
A telegram chat would be nice and very easy to setup.
Activity: 58
The calculation is simple from the percentage.  I just base that on the 5 ether block payout as a potential, but that number can go up or down slightly as miners join or leave the pool.  Is there any additional payout for 'uncles' found?  That would be an unexpected bonus but I guess we wouldn't know until the block is solved. 
 I know that you recorded work performed even after they leave, which is the right thing to do, but their percentage will decrease over time as the pool continues to mine.  Which was my point.  Why leave when the pool is close to a solution now and instead continue to maintain the percentage or build on it.

I don't base payment on a dollar amount but only on the number of potential coins for deposit.  That is the number i am comparing to large pools and the number that currently could be much higher in this pool.

I still say this is a much better pool for small 1-10 GPU miners vs. Large pools.  This pool can build off this base.
Pages:
Jump to: