Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 9. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
On another note, pool server just crashed.  main web page is working, but no access to workers data or pool

Yep. Mine thrown off the pool and can't re-connect.
Activity: 58
that's correct.  Uncle block payments is a plus.  that's the profit in other pools.  An uncle is a late confirmation, but it's still a confirmation so you get residual credit..

On another note, pool server just crashed.  main web page is working, but no access to workers data or pool
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
And it was an uncle of a block.  Talk about pulling teeth. Tongue Shocked

Yeah, was a rough week for noobpool.  Things should be better now.  Uncles are such a low % chance to get, and we get one on our 3rd block, and at 175% variance. 

Guys, can you explain me what an uncle block is and why it payd us only 3.75 eth?

(I am happy  Cheesy I just managed to overclock the nvidia 1070s: under linux isn't a simple task...)

An uncle block is kinda like a stale or orphaned block that you would see in some other currencies like bitcoin except with Ethereum you still get paid some.  The normal rate for uncle bocks is about 3%, so the fact that we found one on our 3rd block is just really bad luck.  I'm sure someone could explain it better.  Some pools don't pay for uncle blocks, but that seems really unfair and would cause a lot of people to stop mining if it were on a small pool.  On big pools you might not notice it. 
Activity: 28
And it was an uncle of a block.  Talk about pulling teeth. Tongue Shocked

Yeah, was a rough week for noobpool.  Things should be better now.  Uncles are such a low % chance to get, and we get one on our 3rd block, and at 175% variance.  

Guys, can you explain me what an uncle block is and why it paid us only 3.75 eth?

(I am happy  Cheesy I just managed to overclock the nvidia 1070s: under linux isn't a simple task...)
Finally, let's get the bad luck outta our way!

noobpool, just want to ask, for example, for a new block, if I started mining for a day, then I temporary quit the mining session, and I played PC games for a couple of hours, while I played PC games noobpool hit a jackpot solving a block, will I also get paid for the previous 1 day mining work that I contributed?

Yep, you still get paid for the work you did, you don't have to be mining when we hit a block to get your payout as long as the amount you mined is enough for you to reach the payout threshold. 

And on a positive note, I almost have the email notifications working.  I'm so close I can taste it, just something isn't exactly right.  I know it's gonna be something simple, like a port number in a config file..
Finally, let's get the bad luck outta our way!

noobpool, just want to ask, for example, for a new block, if I started mining for a day, then I temporary quit the mining session, and I played PC games for a couple of hours, while I played PC games noobpool hit a jackpot solving a block, will I also get paid for the previous 1 day mining work that I contributed?

Yeah, was a rough week for noobpool.  Things should be better now.  Uncles are such a low % chance to get, and we get one on our 3rd block, and at 175% variance. 
looks like 174% was the magic number, we finally found a block!

I don't have to cut off my face and eat it afterall.  On the downside, it was an uncle.  But at least we are passed that block and looking for better luck on the next.
Activity: 16
looks like 174% was the magic number, we finally found a block!
167% of unluck Cheesy

Yep, maybe the next one we'll find at like 5% to make up for it.  

If we don't hit it by 200% I'll eat my own face.  I'll cut it off and eat it.  I'll upload the video to youtube.
Activity: 291
Merit: 155
167% of unluck Cheesy
Nope.  Theoretically you could be unlucky for some time.  the pendulum swings in both directions  We hit the first two blocks relatively quickly so now we get to experience the other side of the curve.  It's like watching the average hash power go up and down.  I'm mining on one card at 19MH but it swings from 11MH unlucky mining to 28MH lucky mining.  It's still mining at the same hash power it just depends on what the random number generator discovers.

This is a marathon and not a sprint.  We have good hashpower now and should be finding them much sooner than this.  Just give it time. The pendulum will swing back to the lucky side.

Watching your GPU find a share is an amplified version of finding the block.  You'll see minutes go by sometime on one GPU and nothing found, then a "nonce" appears out of nowhere.  Then you see it find two in a row.  Same thing with us finding a block.
Is there an upper cap to the round variance???
148% and still no block.  Okay, if we don't hit it by 151% I'm going to binge watch all the twilight movies in order and keep watching them until we hit the block.  Please god let us mine that block soon.
Current round variance is 152% so looks like it's time for:  Grin

Please make it stop.  It's killing me, and not in a turn me into a vampire kinda way...  

Another update, watching New Moon now.  Oh god it's boring..  I want to stab myself in the eyes.  But this bottle of wine helps a little.
148% and still no block.  Okay, if we don't hit it by 151% I'm going to binge watch all the twilight movies in order and keep watching them until we hit the block.  Please god let us mine that block soon.

Update:

The pain begins... 
Hey, just joined the pool from New Zealand and pointed a few rigs at this pool, if it works out I might bring all of my rigs over, should be another 900mhs on top of the 330 I have in the noobpool already. Love the idea of a small pool. Now lets find that next block  Grin

Welcome, our first couple blocks were at a low variance, but this one is being stubborn, up to 140% so far.  Maybe the next will be at like 5-10%.  Smiley
Activity: 1
Hey, just joined the pool from New Zealand and pointed a few rigs at this pool, if it works out I might bring all of my rigs over, should be another 900mhs on top of the 330 I have in the noobpool already. Love the idea of a small pool. Now lets find that next block  Grin
Didn't take a screenshot, just copy/paste

Pool host: noobpool.com
Pool port: 8008
Pool user: 0x4D51E8dD5E719b7ab4e806ecE390259E3b63ff83
Pool pass: #
Algorithm: DaggerHashimoto

Resolving pool host noobpool.com... OK
Establishing connection with proxy... OK
Establishing connection with pool 216.250.117.87:8008... OK
Sending eth_submitLogin... OK
Received authorization result... OK
Sending eth_getWork... OK
Received work... OK: difficulty=0.46565418

Pool verification process is complete. Tested pool is compatible!
Activity: 291
Merit: 155
Are you willing to support nicehash for your pool?

Nicehash is supported, just use Daggerhashmoto as the algorithm. 

yeah i use it on ethermine, but i need some setting from the pool to set up nicehash. Have you tried to set it up? i can't!

I haven't used nicehash before, but the settings for the pool should be the same as the claymore settings I would think.

Hi, i'm still trying to set up nicehash on your pool, but it doesn't work, it seems to be incompatible:

Can you do something about this?

The password has to be #, and the port I believe needs to be 8008.

nope, with 8008 port it says:
Error: Read timed out

Warning: Selected pool did not request min or higher working diff: 0.9 Check FAQ!

Pages:
Jump to: