Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 4. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 155
September 01, 2017, 12:18:04 PM
Last updates on mined blocks is 24/8/2017
now only 2gh/s mining on this pool, everyone is leaving.

Noobpool are you there?
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
September 01, 2017, 10:26:28 AM
What is going on with the pool?

"Server has been brought down for maintenance and to refresh our ETH node. Estimated time is 2 hours. Until then you can mine on our ETC pool at http://etc.noobpool.com You only have to change the address and port number in your mining software."

This is the second time this happends in 24H.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
This new difficulty is really making it hard on smaller pools.  But then again we are stuck on a stubborn block. 
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I think it's simply really. If you mine on the pool consistently and then order nicehash... that isn't pool hopping. But if you only mine when block is found to get round % and then leave, that is called "hopping". I need more popcorn for this thread Cheesy

Been mining for almost 3 weeks now on the noobpool and payouts have been as expected.. working. Thanks N00b!
You are stealing.  A bunch of people complaining now that you've retroactively decided to keep tranascation fees for yourself.  That's equivalent to a 2% hit in payments.   Even your own page still proudly proclaims "Pool always pay full block reward including TX fees and uncle rewards.".   Look at the last few block rewards - no transaction fees paid out!!   What a crock...

Yes, hide in the telegram chat, hide behind your keyboard.  Keep searching for something, anything.  You probably even mine on the pool.  What a pussy.  Yet with all your posts, all your shit talking, the pool keeps growing bigger each day. 
Activity: 7
You are stealing.  A bunch of people complaining now that you've retroactively decided to keep tranascation fees for yourself.  That's equivalent to a 2% hit in payments.   Even your own page still proudly proclaims "Pool always pay full block reward including TX fees and uncle rewards.".   Look at the last few block rewards - no transaction fees paid out!!   What a crock...
What happened to the shit talkers who said they would never be paid?  The ones who said I stole the money myself?  Not much to say these days I guess.  Every person who has ever mined on noobpool.com and hit the 0.05 payout has been paid.  And those who didn't hit the payout, their balances are still there waiting for them to come back and continue mining.
What's the advantage of smaller mining pool vs. larger ones?  I'm assuming it's kinda like solo vs. pool mining, just not as drastic.  i.e. the rewards are bigger, but they happen less often.

I have about 185 MH/s of Eth mining on nanopool now, but thinking about making a switch.  Quite honestly I wanted to try zcash or monero instead, but wouldn't mind trying a smaller pool first.

The advantage is the luck factor, it doesn't make much of a difference with pools like nanopool that find a block every few minutes, but when it takes a day to find a block and you get good luck and find one in an hour, you get paid the same amount as you would have if you would have mined a whole day.  But luck isn't always good, sometimes you hit a bad block and it takes a bit longer.  Our average is at 80% right now, so that's good.

There is also the community, we have a chat channel that always has people in it to help, answer questions, talk to, etc.  You can be one of 37k+ miners, or one of 120 miners.
Activity: 3
What's the advantage of smaller mining pool vs. larger ones?  I'm assuming it's kinda like solo vs. pool mining, just not as drastic.  i.e. the rewards are bigger, but they happen less often.

I have about 185 MH/s of Eth mining on nanopool now, but thinking about making a switch.  Quite honestly I wanted to try zcash or monero instead, but wouldn't mind trying a smaller pool first.
that's fine.  the updated page just looks better.  even though it's simple.  it's ok.  doesn't look negative like before. 

And we are fully caught up from the loss from hackers.  No one lost anything except me.  Now when we find a block it gets credited to the miners and paid out, no more waiting for the next block.

One of our most loyal miners, Alfred was generous enough to help the pool out so we can continue to grow.  We have found around 20 blocks now since switching from our compromised wallet and adding all the extra security and have had no issues at all.
Activity: 58
that's fine.  the updated page just looks better.  even though it's simple.  it's ok.  doesn't look negative like before. 
you should change your main page.    I don't see a problem with pool hopping with large hash power.  in the end long term miners receive steady income and pool hoppers with large hash power help the pool solve blocks quicker.  rental power is the same as pool hopping but in huge massive numbers.  maybe your main page should be changed to remove that statement and since the major block hits I would think you'd be caught up by now on payments with greater than 0.05. 

If you had large pool hoppers, you may find your pool jump to greater than 100GH and blocks found daily which benefits everyone.  This weekend nicehash episode proves that rental and pool hopping is a good thing and helps all in the pool.

Get some more useful information on the main page.  The main page does lead to a negative vibe.

These guys were not pool hoppers, they were regular miners of the pool who wanted to boost it up for a few hours.  Mathematically pool hoppers cheat the system and it's just not going to be allowed.  There is no benefit to everyone if people jump in at the start of a block with 10X the hash power of the entire pool combined, take 90% of the block reward in a short period of time and jump to another pool to let everyone else spend the time to actually solve the block.  There are plenty of articles out that break down the math and show how it is a form of cheating.

I run an honest pool for honest miners.  Once the pool grows big enough, pool hoppers won't make enough of an impact to matter, then I won't bother with them.  But for now it is a problem.

What more information do you want on the main page.  There are links and step by step instructions on how to setup to mine, there is even a video to walk people through it.  It can't get any easier than that.  It's not the prettiest webpage, but it works.
How is he cheating the system?   It's a known approach. This is why no normal pool runs a straight up prop system anymore.  At the end of the day your 'tax', if true, is what's really the theft and I hope someone holds you accountable to that.  

This whole thing has been a big joke.  Why you have 100 people putting hash power against your sever is beyond me.   I guess part of it is that you're catering to the newcomers and unfortunately they are still too inexperienced to understand what they're seeing.

I'd recommend to them to take a meager 1% pool fee in exchange for stable payout, no hacks, no shady business and squeeze what they can out of mining eth before it's all over in a few months...  

How about I recommend you get a life and stop worrying about my business.  Legit miners get paid, cheaters will not.  Look it up, everyone who isn't a pool hopper sees it as cheating the system.  Prop works best for part time miners, noobs, people who don't run 24/7 mining rigs.  So changing up the system to pplns so that pool hoppers don't profit will hurt those that the pool caters to the most.  So I give a fair warning to pool hoppers.  You will not profit using noobpool, it's for real miners, not people trying to cheat the system.

If you don't like it Chiefsmith, don't mine there, it's pretty simple.  If other people think it's shady practice or don't like it for whatever reason, they don't have to mine there either.  PPLNS isn't the only way to stop pool hoppers.  

If pool hoppers were not a problem, pplns wouldn't be popular, so obviously they are a problem and I'm putting a stop to it on my pool and not going to be forced to change the payout system just because of a few people who want to cheat and make a quick buck off the work of others.  

As for the 100 people mining that you call inexperienced, maybe take a closer look.  There are a lot of miners with multiple rigs, I don't think I'd call them inexperienced.  

I'm really tired of arguing this with you and everyone else.  I'm done with this subject.  Bottom line, pool hoppers are not welcome, everyone gets paid, hackers are no longer an issue, I've never cheated, stole, or scammed from anyone.  So you can STFU now and move on.

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.

Not paying users for submitted hash is theft, plain and simple. And your attitude in this thread  says all that needs to be
said about your immaturity and lack of ethics.

Call me what you want, but the pool hoppers have suddenly vanished.  Shocking.  I'm running a prop server and no pool hoppers.

As for the comments about me stealing the hacked reward blocks.  Ugh.  Just go back and track the transactions instead of making stupid accusations.  

No one has bashed us in like 2 days.  Maybe because everyone is getting paid and the server is secure.  

That was fun, a couple guys bought a big bunch of nicehash power for a couple hours last night.  Ended up finding 4 blocks in about 2 hours.  They doubled their money, so it worked out for everyone.  Even hit one block at 10%.  The pool is going great.

You opened your mouth too soon... For a couple of hours you say.... but by your definition of cheaters that you have said that is them right there yet you pay them out + you say everyone is getting paid, so how does that relate to pool hoppers if they are part of the "everyone"

You're something else man Roll Eyes

You sure talk a lot of shit, but then again you can hide behind your computer to do it, so have fun.  I think I remember telling you to fuck off at one point and stay out of my business.  It's good advice.
you should change your main page.    I don't see a problem with pool hopping with large hash power.  in the end long term miners receive steady income and pool hoppers with large hash power help the pool solve blocks quicker.  rental power is the same as pool hopping but in huge massive numbers.  maybe your main page should be changed to remove that statement and since the major block hits I would think you'd be caught up by now on payments with greater than 0.05. 

If you had large pool hoppers, you may find your pool jump to greater than 100GH and blocks found daily which benefits everyone.  This weekend nicehash episode proves that rental and pool hopping is a good thing and helps all in the pool.

Get some more useful information on the main page.  The main page does lead to a negative vibe.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
How is he cheating the system?   It's a known approach. This is why no normal pool runs a straight up prop system anymore.  At the end of the day your 'tax', if true, is what's really the theft and I hope someone holds you accountable to that.  

This whole thing has been a big joke.  Why you have 100 people putting hash power against your sever is beyond me.   I guess part of it is that you're catering to the newcomers and unfortunately they are still too inexperienced to understand what they're seeing.

I'd recommend to them to take a meager 1% pool fee in exchange for stable payout, no hacks, no shady business and squeeze what they can out of mining eth before it's all over in a few months...  

How about I recommend you get a life and stop worrying about my business.  Legit miners get paid, cheaters will not.  Look it up, everyone who isn't a pool hopper sees it as cheating the system.  Prop works best for part time miners, noobs, people who don't run 24/7 mining rigs.  So changing up the system to pplns so that pool hoppers don't profit will hurt those that the pool caters to the most.  So I give a fair warning to pool hoppers.  You will not profit using noobpool, it's for real miners, not people trying to cheat the system.

If you don't like it Chiefsmith, don't mine there, it's pretty simple.  If other people think it's shady practice or don't like it for whatever reason, they don't have to mine there either.  PPLNS isn't the only way to stop pool hoppers.  

If pool hoppers were not a problem, pplns wouldn't be popular, so obviously they are a problem and I'm putting a stop to it on my pool and not going to be forced to change the payout system just because of a few people who want to cheat and make a quick buck off the work of others.  

As for the 100 people mining that you call inexperienced, maybe take a closer look.  There are a lot of miners with multiple rigs, I don't think I'd call them inexperienced.  

I'm really tired of arguing this with you and everyone else.  I'm done with this subject.  Bottom line, pool hoppers are not welcome, everyone gets paid, hackers are no longer an issue, I've never cheated, stole, or scammed from anyone.  So you can STFU now and move on.

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.

Not paying users for submitted hash is theft, plain and simple. And your attitude in this thread  says all that needs to be
said about your immaturity and lack of ethics.

Call me what you want, but the pool hoppers have suddenly vanished.  Shocking.  I'm running a prop server and no pool hoppers.

As for the comments about me stealing the hacked reward blocks.  Ugh.  Just go back and track the transactions instead of making stupid accusations.  

No one has bashed us in like 2 days.  Maybe because everyone is getting paid and the server is secure.  

That was fun, a couple guys bought a big bunch of nicehash power for a couple hours last night.  Ended up finding 4 blocks in about 2 hours.  They doubled their money, so it worked out for everyone.  Even hit one block at 10%.  The pool is going great.

You opened your mouth too soon... For a couple of hours you say.... but by your definition of cheaters that you have said that is them right there yet you pay them out + you say everyone is getting paid, so how does that relate to pool hoppers if they are part of the "everyone"

You're something else man Roll Eyes
That was fun, a couple guys bought a big bunch of nicehash power for a couple hours last night.  Ended up finding 4 blocks in about 2 hours.  They doubled their money, so it worked out for everyone.  Even hit one block at 10%.  The pool is going great.
ok, now we are rockin'.!!!!   That's the fastest next block ever in under an hour.

correction:   now it's two more blocks  and two of them within 10 minutes.  this is screamin'......
just solved another block.  That's 2 days at about 10-15GH.  But jump on board now cuz there's a few large miners who joined and we've jumped over 250GH.  That means we should be solving a block every 3  hours.  Things may start happening quickly now.
New block.  A bit over at 250% but the average is still 4% luckier at 96%.  so it was 4 days at 250% which should be 2 days at 100% with 10GH rate.  but we've doubled the hash rate to 20-25 GH.  So with a 100% statistical average, that's a block a day or less.  Luckier, soon, unlucky maybe 2 days.  these statistical averages are right on target and this long round balanced out the recent blocks found much sooner and earlier.

The pool is bigger than ever, we recovered from our hack issues, have made the pool secure and blocks have been flowing in.  Except for the current one which is being stubborn, but we will get that one soon.
Pages:
Jump to: