Pages:
Author

Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee! - page 6. (Read 19917 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Hit another block today, the new security measures worked and hackers were kept out.  The payments went out.  We are still running behind, but people are getting paid.
Yep, people will see, word will spread about the hard times we had and how we were able to work together and overcome them, and more people will join.  We have a feeling of community and everyone only wants to help everyone else.  Payments will go out every couple days when we find a block and by the end of the month everyone will be paid in full and normal payments going out on time, every time.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Until everyone gets paid your "good faith" is just words. We'll see how it plays out in the end...
Yep, you caught me.  I worked all day, every day to answer questions, help people, and get the pool running smooth just to steal the block reward and send it to my account with over 2 million USD worth of eth.  I'm an evil mastermind!

Other than that dumbshit's stupid response....

Several of the bigger hash miners have asked to forfeit their pending balances to help the pool pay off everyone else.  Now that is loyalty and faith in a pool.

I did raise the minimum payout to 0.25, and since a lot of people don't understand exactly how a pool works and payouts, mathematically it will help me catch up on payments.  After every block I'm going to lower the min back down by 0.05 until we get back to 0.05 min.  I'm also going to add my own funds once we see that the pool is secure from more hacks.  I've worked hard to stop them and have fixed the last vulnerability that was used.
Now the minimum eth has been raised to .25eth for payout.

If I were a scammer running a pool, I would execute my playbook exactly the way you are.
Activity: 58
file a police report.  This involves theft and any ISP cannot hide theft as that makes them accomplices and liable for damages caused by the user.  They must release the information, but it may require some police input.  Also, FBI internet crime database.  You may not be the only victim.  But it takes reporting them to build data on who may be involved.
So we were hacked a while back, I then got together with some experts and we plugged every security hole we could find.  I changed our wallet address, but didn't delete the old one that had been hacked.  Somehow the hacker got in and changed our block reward to go back to the old, hacked wallet.  The new wallet has never had an issue.  I don't know how they managed to change it back to the old one, but it's my fault for not deleting it I guess.  It's deleted now of course.  I also added new security measures to ban any ip that tries to connect to the server through SSH, and that ban list is growing at an alarming rate. 

I don't know why we are being targeted, but I would love to meet the guy.  I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to a hacker with an ip out of San Diego, CA.  If only I could get their ISP to give me his address. 

In one month we grew to 120 miners and average of 11GH/s.  I think that's pretty good.  Of course now it's much lower and I can understand why a lot of people left, mining costs money and if it gets stolen, what's the point.  All I can do is keep trying.
the pool and miners are connecting using http:  instead of stratum+tcp.  So technically, the data is unsecure and more vulnerable to attack.  If that's unsecure, then how is your server pool secured to other nodes?  I suspect a hijack hack on your web data and spoofed ip addresses.  Somehow, your wallet address got swapped when the block passed through. Maybe there is a flaw with the node you connect to in the ether blockchain.  Maybe the node your server connect to is not trusted compared to other nodes.

What about switching up the payment receipt address for each block?

It really sucks because you have a nice pool.  just some thoughts.   I'm no expert.   Time for some experts here to contact you and give you some good tips.  

I bet other pools are jealous you are forming something good, but they may have 2+ years experience and are now taking advantage of your site flaws from what they may have previously experienced.

Don't give up!!!!   More pools benefit network decentralization and reduce centralization.

EDIT:

Thanks for the home page status update.  For anyone out there, I believe this guy is an honorable pool operator.  He has and will makeup for shortages in future block rewards from my previous experience.  So, it may take a little longer, but as the wallet builds, so does the payout.  Hopefully he has it all plugged up by now.  Block finds have been narrowed down to within 2 - 4 days, which is good and getting better.  Sticking with him.

Like I said above, he is a target because he has been doing well for pool miners.  Pool block hits are right on statistical target here.  one block will arrive late and one early, but all work out to a statistical mean block finding average right down the middle.
Yeah I'll be finding a new pool. Thanks for the wonderful introduction to ethereum mining, lol. Guess I should be glad I only lost $20 before I learned my lesson.
And the pool was hacked again.  I can't stop them.  We are being targeted for some reason.  It took them 14 seconds from the time we found the block until they had stole the reward.  The wallet was locked, rpc was not accessible to the internet, and SSH was key + encrypted password which was only accessible from a flash drive sitting on my desk.  I'm doing everything I can to make it hacker proof, but hackers are smarter than me.  If you choose to mine on my pool, don't hold me personally responsible if we are hacked again.  You are aware of the risks.

I can say I'm sorry, but that won't help.  I don't have the money to pay out of pocket for another lost block reward.  Help from anyone to try to stop future attacks would be appreciated.  Just contact me on the website, our telegram chat, or email.  
Activity: 13
Noob here, been mining on np with just my 1060 for the last couple weeks. I'm trying to figure out how how to get eth to coinbase one way or another. I don't understand how all this works and I'm really confused. It says .05387677 for pending balance since the last block was mined a couple days ago. Total Paid has been zero the entire time. How do I get a payout or get this to coinbase some how? I thought it was supposed to do something after it hit .05? I have my address and the private key that goes with it but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do here?
There was a hack a few blocks back. You'll get paid next block that gets mined. Many of us are behind a payment because of the hack and the pool owner is running this at a loss right now to build the pool up.
Noob here, been mining on np with just my 1060 for the last couple weeks. I'm trying to figure out how how to get eth to coinbase one way or another. I don't understand how all this works and I'm really confused. It says .05387677 for pending balance since the last block was mined a couple days ago. Total Paid has been zero the entire time. How do I get a payout or get this to coinbase some how? I thought it was supposed to do something after it hit .05? I have my address and the private key that goes with it but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do here?
email me with your wallet address and I'll see what I can do.
Activity: 350
if i have .049 coins in the pool, but my rig die and i will never mine, can i get the coins?
Once we hit a block it adds the reward to everyone's pending balance, if your balance is over 0.05 you get paid, if it's less it keeps it there until the next block and adds your share again and checks again to see if you have reached the 0.05.

Right now we have around 115 miners and 12GH/s.  Not too bad for a pool that's only a month old.
Activity: 79
I will move my miner in a moment. How do I set up the Min. payout threshold?
Need to find a way to increase our mining pool, maybe bring on someone to help do some marketing.  We find a block every 2 days, but would be nice to get our hash rate up enough to start finding a couple blocks a day.  We have a good group of people, an open chat for everyone to talk and help each other.  It's a good pool.
Still have a bit of catching up to do after being hacked and loosing some eth.  But at least we have hack proofed the server and payments are going out with no issues.  And I'm trying to fund the main account myself to make up for the lost block reward a few blocks back.

But we have a steady amount of miners that hovers around 100, and a hash rate that stays around 9GH, jumps higher when people decide to go nuts with nicehash like they did last night, hit 17GH.
just found a block and received payment.  excellent!!!!!
The pool is in the 9GH range now, so blocks should be coming on a more regular basis.  Also the issues with Nicehash have been resolved so now anyone who wants to use nicehash on our pool can without any problem.

Pool host: noobpool.com
Pool port: 8008
Pool user: Your wallet address
Pool pass: #
Algorithm: DaggerHashimoto

It's that simple.
Pages:
Jump to: