Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 13. (Read 66174 times)

Activity: 633
Merit: 267
a lot depends on rig size.

I have spots that must be a two card normal pc.

so the 650 are fine.

hey anyone mining xmr on viabtc.

or on nice hash.

my few xmr rig keep crashing.

what is a stable pool?

or a stable miner.

Try downloading again xmrig and config using their wizard, then run as admin.

https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases
https://xmrig.com/wizard
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

so the 650 are fine.

or on nice hash.

what is a stable pool?

or a stable miner.

I'm trying out an algo switching pool pool-pay.com using xmrig. It seems to be making me a little more than mining straight xmr and so far seems stable.

Payments are in native coins mined or BTC (you decide) and then pool can pay out in LTC, BTC or USD (if you're outside the US).  My Ryzens (1700,2700, 3700x) make me between $1-$2 per day. Only the 3700x is running consistently (by choice, opportunistic mining on my other cpus) so it might be a bit more. Interested in hearing opinions about this pool if you have any to offer.

I can't join it.

I clicked sign up and got this:

Registration is temporarily unavailable! The number of users is limited, so you can leave a request through those support, so that we will notify you (letter marked registration)

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

so the 650 are fine.

or on nice hash.

what is a stable pool?

or a stable miner.

I'm trying out an algo switching pool pool-pay.com using xmrig. It seems to be making me a little more than mining straight xmr and so far seems stable.

Payments are in native coins mined or BTC (you decide) and then pool can pay out in LTC, BTC or USD (if you're outside the US).  My Ryzens (1700,2700, 3700x) make me between $1-$2 per day. Only the 3700x is running consistently (by choice, opportunistic mining on my other cpus) so it might be a bit more. Interested in hearing opinions about this pool if you have any to offer.

legendary

so the 650 are fine.

or on nice hash.

what is a stable pool?

or a stable miner.

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
I don’t have anything against PSUs of 650 watts. However the issue is usually with the amount of connectors with these PSUs. Back in the days when I was starting out with mining I didn’t want to spend too much so I would buy second hand. Many of the PSUs that were generally <700 watts only had a max of 2 PCIe. And being in 2015 with most GPUs (r9 280x) requiring 2 PCIe you couldn’t use them. I used them anyways because I got them cheap like $20. And I would just use 2 of them in a rig and I snipped the CPU connectors and rewired them for a PCIe connection and it ran perfectly fine. Pulled maybe 600 watts with the rated 650 limit and never died.

These days you guys have it easy. Back in the GPU lite coin mining days a 280X GPU pulled around 300 watts from the wall. Now you got GPUs that don’t even use half of that wattage so a 650W PSU sure is doable these days. Especially being platinum grade.

not just the amount of connectors, but also the amount of PSU.

if you are going to use 20,000 watts mining that's 40pcs 650w at ~silver efficiency. compared to 20pcs 1300w psu at ~gold efficiency

anyway as long as mining is small then anything is good enough...or the miner is industrious enough hehe
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I don’t have anything against PSUs of 650 watts. However the issue is usually with the amount of connectors with these PSUs. Back in the days when I was starting out with mining I didn’t want to spend too much so I would buy second hand. Many of the PSUs that were generally <700 watts only had a max of 2 PCIe. And being in 2015 with most GPUs (r9 280x) requiring 2 PCIe you couldn’t use them. I used them anyways because I got them cheap like $20. And I would just use 2 of them in a rig and I snipped the CPU connectors and rewired them for a PCIe connection and it ran perfectly fine. Pulled maybe 600 watts with the rated 650 limit and never died.

These days you guys have it easy. Back in the GPU lite coin mining days a 280X GPU pulled around 300 watts from the wall. Now you got GPUs that don’t even use half of that wattage so a 650W PSU sure is doable these days. Especially being platinum grade.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
LHR cards have landed in today's Newegg shuffle.......
legendary
really good price on a very good seasonic focus psu

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304000784083

98 bucks for a 650 watt platinum psu

this is usually over 120

newegg is selling it.

650 watts? what are you going to do with that weakling?

for me worse case scenario, 1000w will be the lowest psu purchase for me..ideally for me minimum is 1200w.

look at the efficiency curve, anything above 50% load ~300w, that psu will start to degrade to "gold", "silver" and "bronze" efficiency. a 1300w gold psu is 92% efficient at 650W load. so if you put around 350w load in that PSU that is technically in "gold" efficiency category.

I build a lot of 2 card pc's a 2 card 3060ti and or a 2 card 3060 use well under 300 watts.
legendary

this is usually over 120

newegg is selling it.

650 watts? what are you going to do with that weakling?

for me worse case scenario, 1000w will be the lowest psu purchase for me..ideally for me minimum is 1200w.

look at the efficiency curve, anything above 50% load ~300w, that psu will start to degrade to "gold", "silver" and "bronze" efficiency. a 1300w gold psu is 92% efficient at 650W load. so if you put around 350w load in that PSU that is technically in "gold" efficiency category.
legendary

this is usually over 120

newegg is selling it.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Summer doldrums are setting in.  Really surprised we aren't seeing more about China shutting down mining farms in the forums.  We have dropped over 110,000 ghs on eth.

I've got a small farm of 15 cards doing 800mhs on eth.  I'm at 11 cents for power and to Phil's point above I am still making a profit.  

It's been about 1 year since I started back mining.  I had a 1060 6gb in a pre built rig, added a open box 1660ti  late may.  Then built a new rig last June with a 5700xt I got brand new for $346.  Added a 5700 in July I got for $323 brand new.  I really miss newegg and eBay 10% off coupons.

I originally calculated my roi to be about 10-12 months and expected to get about $0.80 to $1 a day in profit on each card.  I started buying more cards in August last year at between $240 and $350 for 5600xt to 5700xt and built a 6 gpu rig that mined from September to January before I expanded it to 8 and converted the amd's into Nvidia's to get to my current 800 mhs.

I really wish I had built a 2nd 8 gpu rig and let it run for the winter months but now that we have hit summer I don't want to add more as it's just to hot to have that many gpu's in my house.

For ease I mine on Nicehash and convert to btc.  I got really lucky in my timing and was able to sell enough btc as it climbed to cover my  equipment costs, electricity and in most cases sell used cards to cover the full costs plus $100 cash on upgrading to Nvidia 3000 series.

I've roi'd on all my cards and the parts for rigs.  I cashed out 50% of earnings each month for the first 4 months of this year and should have sold more than I did in may.  

I think profitability will be enough that I can mine through the summer heat and still pay my electricity with about $400-$1000 left over each month.  In winter I could still mine if we dropped to about $2 revenue per card per day depending on the coin.

I'm taking 1-2 days revenue a month now and DCA into ADA, Tezos and Algorand as a speculation bet on newish coins and POS with actual use cases.

I think I am more sideways than bull or bear right now.

legendary
yeah this is quite a bit different than 2018

we slowly dropped in price from 20k month after month.

but the diff rose in

Jan
Feb
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept

It finally dropped in

Oct.

Logically with the price of btc still high you would think 🤔 the diff would not drop

from a high of 26t to under 17t next jump.

Works for me I get to stack more.

all dropping

LTC
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/litecoin/hashrate-chart

DOGE
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/dogecoin/hashrate-chart

ETH
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/ethereum/hashrate-chart

BTC
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/bitcoin/hashrate-chart

BCH

https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/bitcoincash/hashrate-chart

All of the above are at good money making levels for a 6 cent power miner.

In fact all of the above turn profit at 10 cents.

Anyone thinking this is a bear market may be right.
Anyone  thinking this is a bull market may be right.

Anyone think they don’t know what to call 📞 the market  may be right.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Watching videos that the Chinese mining farms are posting on their Twitter showing them powering off their ASICS. It actually reminds me of how I once had to also shut off my ASICS. It was also sad. Powering off the power bar and saying goodbye to the very last hash.

Wonder what will happen with this huge shutdown. Obviously difficult will adjust but wonder how long until these fairly profitable ASICS find another country to mine in.
legendary
BTC maxers do us no favors.

but what do I know.

On a good news 🗞 note.

My wife finally has an xray result with no lung fluids in them.

She got covid Dec 31, 2019

Was hospitalized Jan 10 to Jan 16 , 2020.

Double pneumonia from ? no covid tests that early.

Took her two months to clear the covid infection say march 2020.

But hacking wet cough and lung fluids never stopped.

She was hospitalized again Oct 2020 unlying cause was found and surgery fixed it.

Lungs still had damage and fluid.

Treatment treatment. Went on a high end exotic steroid St Patrick’s day  march 17th.

it cleared out her lungs and on the sixth chest xray In the last 18 months here lungs are finally clear.

So we will be joining the real world 🌍 and going back out to dinners and parties etc.

End result she has beaten covid-19 with very little lung scarring. And over 97% normal lungs for a 65 year old.

Next covid adventure will be for me as I may need treatment for damage covid caused me.

It feels good to not worry about this shit anymore.

Back to mining
I wont say we are going flat.
I wont say we are dropping more.
I wont say we are going up to the moon.

But I am selling every Doge I mine.
I am selling every eth I mine.
I am selling every Ltc I mine.
I will hodl all the btc I mine.

If we drop a lot I may sell ½ the btc I mine.
I will hodl my btc stack. plus make it grow.

We will know if we are going bear by sept/oct.

I would recommend anyone to have this in their first aid kit. oil of "wild mediterranean" oregano, you may read some good stuff about it but i'd rather share what i've seen and experience.

when I have not optimized my health yet, i drank cold water from the fridge and it upset something or it was the trigger to start wet cough, in the middle of the chest some small nuisance pain, phlegm start to show, sore throat and a slight fever started.

i melted two capsules in my mouth and let the oil move down my throat, immediate comforting warmth in my throat and specially in the middle of the chest(the nuisance minor pain) is starting to improve, the next day no more fever, everything improve and after two days of use i'm back to normal.

now after i optimized my health i can drink cold water in the fridge like a kid. the more healthy I become the more rare i use this oil, only when there is some tingle in throat.

I know someone who got some fungi infection in the tongue, gave him the oil. the next day it cured him, that same person got exposed to people with covid. got a sore throat, i told him to have some oregano oil, he said no because he didn't take it well in the first time LOL laughed hard because i never imagine someone is more scared of oregano than covid haha. i still gave him that, that next day sore throat is gone.

if you can take a low heat chili, then you can take oil of oregano easily. its fragrant actually, foody fragrant but some people really have fucked up their senses with unhealthy living.  
legendary
The amd 6700 is meh but the 6800 is pretty good.

got the 6700XT at 46 mhs @ 113 watts on win10 and phoenix just by undervolting it and playing with clocks via the built in AMD tool, whatever its called. not gonna mess with any bios stuff ive had enough of that with my RX470s

got the 6700XT in the shuffle, its the only thing ive won in it so far.

really want a 3080 or 3080ti. for actual gaming if you can believe it heh. but they would sure would pull mining duty when not gaming.

a good 3080ti like suprim x can beat some 3090 in games...can also beat some 3090 in power consumption LOL.

i still don't like what the 3080 did with the 10gb vram, while the 12gb of 3080ti will suffice for now-should still be 16gb to at least match the 6900xt while the 3090 sits on the throne.

for mining, 3080ti price is much closer to a 3080 than a 3090 and the performance is much much closer to 3090. I would say it is a good buy.
legendary

got the 6700XT at 46 mhs @ 113 watts on win10 and phoenix just by undervolting it and playing with clocks via the built in AMD tool, whatever its called. not gonna mess with any bios stuff ive had enough of that with my RX470s

really want a 3080 or 3080ti. for actual gaming if you can believe it heh. but they would sure would pull mining duty when not gaming.

I am close to that.  but it does drop out often every 2nd or 3rd day

win 10 and nb miner to nicehash
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

legendary
Smos works well for me

i'm fine with windows 7, but i won't recommend it. people should test and try, see if it will work well for them.

can you still even get drivers for modern GPUs for win7?

i know that when i installed an AMD 6700XT with the latest AMD win10 driver on my version 1709 of win10 (yes 4 year old install with updates disabled) it said my OS was too old to support the driver. so even old versions of win10 are not supported by AMD it seems.. so i had to update to win10 20H1 or whatever the latest win10 version was as of a couple months ago.

personally i loved 7 but security wise i would really hesitate to use now it except as a last resort or something.

i'm in green team, nvidia.. so didn't encounter that, i was tempted to get some AMD. at least now I learned that there are issues.

BTW.. AMD infinity cache > nvidia LHR  hehe imagine getting cheap with VRAMs made them successfully LHR'd their cards better than nvidia LOL

no newegg shuffle today.
legendary
Smos works well for me

i'm fine with windows 7, but i won't recommend it. people should test and try, see if it will work well for them.

i know that when i installed an AMD 6700XT with the latest AMD win10 driver on my version 1709 of win10 (yes 4 year old install with updates disabled) it said my OS was too old to support the driver. so even old versions of win10 are not supported by AMD it seems.. so i had to update to win10 20H1 or whatever the latest win10 version was as of a couple months ago.

personally i loved 7 but security wise i would really hesitate to use now it except as a last resort or something.

i'm in green team, nvidia.. so didn't encounter that, i was tempted to get some AMD. at least now I learned that there are issues.

BTW.. AMD infinity cache > nvidia LHR  hehe imagine getting cheap with VRAMs made them successfully LHR'd their cards better than nvidia LOL
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Smos works well for me

i know that when i installed an AMD 6700XT with the latest AMD win10 driver on my version 1709 of win10 (yes 4 year old install with updates disabled) it said my OS was too old to support the driver and the OS didnt see the new card (i had only nvidia 10x0 cards in it at the time).. . so even old versions of win10 are not supported by AMD anymore it seems.. so i had to update to win10 20H1 or whatever the latest win10 version was as of a couple months ago for the AMD driver to install and see the card.

Pages:
Jump to: