Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 15. (Read 66187 times)

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Anyone went to the Miami Bitcoin conference?

Watch these 2 videos...

https://twitter.com/Fredilly/status/1400993824579588096

https://twitter.com/dubskie_/status/1401254519531577353

and tell me that Bitcoin and crypto didn't top back in April?

I think the type of supporters that we have right now, including Saylor is not a good indicator for future growth. Watching that video gives Bitcoin a very bad name and its similar to watching a cult video.

That reminds me of Carlos from Bitconnect.

Wasaa, wasaa, wassup BTC! LOL

https://youtu.be/lCcwn6bGUtU

Comedy gold.  That video never gets old.  I wonder if Carlos cashed out while he could.  ICO price was 17 cents, and I think at the highest BCC was over $400
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
BTC maxers do us no favors.

but what do I know.

On a good news 🗞 note.

My wife finally has an xray result with no lung fluids in them.

She got covid Dec 31, 2019

Was hospitalized Jan 10 to Jan 16 , 2020.

Double pneumonia from ? no covid tests that early.

Took her two months to clear the covid infection say march 2020.

But hacking wet cough and lung fluids never stopped.

She was hospitalized again Oct 2020 unlying cause was found and surgery fixed it.

Lungs still had damage and fluid.

Treatment treatment. Went on a high end exotic steroid St Patrick’s day  march 17th.

it cleared out her lungs and on the sixth chest xray In the last 18 months here lungs are finally clear.

So we will be joining the real world 🌍 and going back out to dinners and parties etc.

End result she has beaten covid-19 with very little lung scarring. And over 97% normal lungs for a 65 year old.

Next covid adventure will be for me as I may need treatment for damage covid caused me.

It feels good to not worry about this shit anymore.

Back to mining
I wont say we are going flat.
I wont say we are dropping more.
I wont say we are going up to the moon.

But I am selling every Doge I mine.
I am selling every eth I mine.
I am selling every Ltc I mine.
I will hodl all the btc I mine.

If we drop a lot I may sell ½ the btc I mine.
I will hodl my btc stack. plus make it grow.

We will know if we are going bear by sept/oct.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

Watch these 2 videos...

I think the type of supporters that we have right now, including Saylor is not a good indicator for future growth. Watching that video gives Bitcoin a very bad name and its similar to watching a cult video.

That reminds me of Carlos from Bitconnect.

Wasaa, wasaa, wassup BTC! LOL

https://youtu.be/lCcwn6bGUtU
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Watch these 2 videos...

legendary
Was thinking about getting a

goldshell LB1 does anyone have a source for 1?
legendary
You obviously can’t make any profits by shorting the futures and longing spot during a bear market. You can actually do the opposite because the futures will be at a discount so you long the future and sell BTC spot. To do this you need to hodl Bitcoin instead of the reverse which is hodling fiat or tether.

Usually in indecisive markets the futures have a little bit of a premium, almost 8-9% a year. Similar to the rate we have going on now.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Anyone looking for other sources of income?  When/if eth goes pos profits will be garbage.  Chia looks bad, I have 205 TB and my plotting is slowing increasing my revenue but its not going to be worth expanding if the network growth continues.  14TB makes $5 a day which is great but I'm assuming that will go down fast.  Defi looks like an avenue no overhead but high risk.  I'm taking the revenue I would use to expand mining and using it for DeFi, pancake swap and I'm learning as I go.

If you have BTC or tether or USD on exchanges you can lend those and get some %'s. Currently the fees aren't the greatest. But if you wait until the market gets more bullish they should improve. Many exchanges like Binance and Gemini allow this.

You can always sell the futures and long the spot if you got any fiat or tether. However pulling up BTC December futures its only 4% while ETH December futures is 5%. So its 7 months and you would get 5% so almost 10% a year, better than a savings account.

With this there is always some form of counterparty risk because you need to leave maybe 25-50% collateral on the exchange to prevent being liquidated if ETH or BTC goes up too fast.

when bear market season is in full blast, all of this will be unprofitable. always look for sources of income outside crypto. if you are lucky crypto can give you enough capital to start something, don't lose it in bear market.

The only earners in bear season are the real low power cost guys.

If a 3080 makes 100mh at 1 cent each it is a dollar a day.

For me I can turn profit at that.  as 250 watts x 24 = 6kwatts at 3 cents = 18 cents the cards makes 82 cents a day.

I am  good to go.

What I can't do is buy cards anymore.

I can see a card drop to 1 cent and mh or 2 cent an mh  still make money with my paid off cards.

But cards are still big $$

3060ti are all over 1000 on ebay
3070.  are over 1200 on ebay
3080 are over 2000 on ebay
3090 are over 2900 on ebay  if we drop to 2 cents an mh this makes 1.50 a day that is 2000 days to pay off

Shuffle is up soon https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

a 3060
a 3070
a few 3080ti I would get one

yeah, i think at peak bear market the ROI (at 82 cents profit)of a 1000$ gpu is over 3 years since 3080 is a 2000$ gpu that makes it 6 years ROI, since 3080 will be competing with more efficient GPUs 4080 or 5080 or AMD variants that 6 years will be 9-10 years ROI....where's metroid? this is his line hehehe

if you hold that profit until bull market(assuming that coin is still alive or will do above 10x), congratulations you made a life changing profit  Wink
legendary
Anyone looking for other sources of income?  When/if eth goes pos profits will be garbage.  Chia looks bad, I have 205 TB and my plotting is slowing increasing my revenue but its not going to be worth expanding if the network growth continues.  14TB makes $5 a day which is great but I'm assuming that will go down fast.  Defi looks like an avenue no overhead but high risk.  I'm taking the revenue I would use to expand mining and using it for DeFi, pancake swap and I'm learning as I go.

If you have BTC or tether or USD on exchanges you can lend those and get some %'s. Currently the fees aren't the greatest. But if you wait until the market gets more bullish they should improve. Many exchanges like Binance and Gemini allow this.

You can always sell the futures and long the spot if you got any fiat or tether. However pulling up BTC December futures its only 4% while ETH December futures is 5%. So its 7 months and you would get 5% so almost 10% a year, better than a savings account.

With this there is always some form of counterparty risk because you need to leave maybe 25-50% collateral on the exchange to prevent being liquidated if ETH or BTC goes up too fast.

when bear market season is in full blast, all of this will be unprofitable. always look for sources of income outside crypto. if you are lucky crypto can give you enough capital to start something, don't lose it in bear market.

The only earners in bear season are the real low power cost guys.

If a 3080 makes 100mh at 1 cent each it is a dollar a day.

For me I can turn profit at that.  as 250 watts x 24 = 6kwatts at 3 cents = 18 cents the cards makes 82 cents a day.

I am  good to go.

What I can't do is buy cards anymore.

I can see a card drop to 1 cent and mh or 2 cent an mh  still make money with my paid off cards.

But cards are still big $$

3060ti are all over 1000 on ebay
3070.  are over 1200 on ebay
3080 are over 2000 on ebay
3090 are over 2900 on ebay  if we drop to 2 cents an mh this makes 1.50 a day that is 2000 days to pay off

Shuffle is up soon https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

a 3060
a 3070
a few 3080ti I would get one
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
Hello folks, i'm looking for server PSUs, breakout boards, and cables that can be used with ASIC miners. Any preferred/reliable sources in the US?

Throwing back a ways, I bought a couple of Corsair 1080Ti Hydro GFX from Phil. They were running great when I powered them off as the market turned bearish. Well fast forward to a few months ago and my wife(!!!) was intrigued with crypto after reading an article in the newspaper about coins and mining. She asked if we could get a miner going. I pulled the 1080Tis out of storage and cranked them up, and they have been mining happily since. They are giving me ~48-49 MH/s each on ethash.

- Zed

I have bought several of the HP 1200 ones off Ebay last couple of months.  Can generally get them for $40-50/each without too much trouble.  Breakout boards with cables also for around $25.  Been using with the L3+'s I have and also on my GPU mining rigs that are using the Rebtech mining board.

By the way phil, got me another L3+ over the weekend.  Not as good a deal as the last two but could not hold out any longer.  So have 3 now.  I may catch you some day.

the l3+ are very likely the best asics ever made. In terms of profit that is.

Oh coinbase is doing doge now. Buy $ 100  or more and they have a giveaway.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059

legendary

Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Hello folks, i'm looking for server PSUs, breakout boards, and cables that can be used with ASIC miners. Any preferred/reliable sources in the US?

Throwing back a ways, I bought a couple of Corsair 1080Ti Hydro GFX from Phil. They were running great when I powered them off as the market turned bearish. Well fast forward to a few months ago and my wife(!!!) was intrigued with crypto after reading an article in the newspaper about coins and mining. She asked if we could get a miner going. I pulled the 1080Tis out of storage and cranked them up, and they have been mining happily since. They are giving me ~48-49 MH/s each on ethash.

- Zed

I have bought several of the HP 1200 ones off Ebay last couple of months.  Can generally get them for $40-50/each without too much trouble.  Breakout boards with cables also for around $25.  Been using with the L3+'s I have and also on my GPU mining rigs that are using the Rebtech mining board.

By the way phil, got me another L3+ over the weekend.  Not as good a deal as the last two but could not hold out any longer.  So have 3 now.  I may catch you some day.
legendary

- Zed
  Those hydro hybrid cards made money for everyone. Grin
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

- Zed
legendary
Anyone looking for other sources of income?  When/if eth goes pos profits will be garbage.  Chia looks bad, I have 205 TB and my plotting is slowing increasing my revenue but its not going to be worth expanding if the network growth continues.  14TB makes $5 a day which is great but I'm assuming that will go down fast.  Defi looks like an avenue no overhead but high risk.  I'm taking the revenue I would use to expand mining and using it for DeFi.

I do have a really solid power deal so I would mine something.

Although I think Eth won't go to POS

Lol, you are right, now Eth 2.0 won't happen until end of 2022.  

I see the reduced fees boosting Eth price a lot.

Maybe back near 4-5k range.  So Mr V is not going to move to 2.0 quickly.

I think the big danger to eth is eventually a lot of asics may get built and that will cut gpu profits.

I have no worries about the 3000 series gpu's until mid 2022 maybe later.

I already regret not buying more  of the 45x 3070 gpus I sourced back on feb 25

I took one and got the other 44 for someone else

I wish I had taken 15 of them and let my client get 30 of them

Activity: 449
Merit: 24
Anyone looking for other sources of income?  When/if eth goes pos profits will be garbage.  Chia looks bad, I have 205 TB and my plotting is slowing increasing my revenue but its not going to be worth expanding if the network growth continues.  14TB makes $5 a day which is great but I'm assuming that will go down fast.  Defi looks like an avenue no overhead but high risk.  I'm taking the revenue I would use to expand mining and using it for DeFi.

Lol, you are right, now Eth 2.0 won't happen until end of 2022.   
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Hi Philip, I have moved about 250m to viabtc.  
Curious to see how many pennies the referral program actually generates... from my side, the total comes to about $200 in 22 days.

so 0.002 x 200 = 40 cents.

let me check to see if it is working

So Newegg shuffle is loaded up with 3080ti's

https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

3080ti's are nerfed for now.

I picked all of them and I would buy 1 mostly for just in case it gets unnerfed down the road.

Shuffle is open now closes in about 3 hours.

I picked them all to but after thinking about it I would only get one of the $1199 ones or the EVGA ftw3.

I have yet to be able to get EVGA's site to load with a working notify sign up button.  Typical Nvidia launch.
legendary
Curious to see how many pennies the referral program actually generates... from my side, the total comes to about $200 in 22 days.

so 0.002 x 200 = 40 cents.

let me check to see if it is working

So Newegg shuffle is loaded up with 3080ti's

https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

3080ti's are nerfed for now.

I picked all of them and I would buy 1 mostly for just in case it gets unnerfed down the road.

Shuffle is open now closes in about 3 hours.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
legendary
Anyone looking for other sources of income?  When/if eth goes pos profits will be garbage.  Chia looks bad, I have 205 TB and my plotting is slowing increasing my revenue but its not going to be worth expanding if the network growth continues.  14TB makes $5 a day which is great but I'm assuming that will go down fast.  Defi looks like an avenue no overhead but high risk.  I'm taking the revenue I would use to expand mining and using it for DeFi.

Pages:
Jump to: