Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 8. (Read 66172 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 10
I have a 5950x doing nothing might is well try it out.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
whether its slower or not is not as relevant as to which is currently more profitable.

I assumed it would be slower than x16r, obviously that was incorrect. Anyway the bump in profitability is due to
the price increase. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Activity: 703
Merit: 272

It's X16r+cryptonight so it's very slow. Estimates don't look impressive compared to x16r.
Price recently stepped up, maybe a pump.

well.. here's how my 3950X is doing

whether its slower or not is not as relevant as to which is currently more profitable.

It's X16r+cryptonight so it's very slow. Estimates don't look impressive compared to x16r.
Price recently stepped up, maybe a pump.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Anyone here mining on that pool where Bitfinex used a $24 Million dollar transaction fee?

https://etherscan.io/block/13307440

From what I understand this has something to do with Defi and how there were some changes after EIP1559. I really don't think this was some money laundering attempt where someone basically uses a high fee and then pretends to give it to a miner and instead just mines it themselves.

Seems this was the only transaction that resulted in such a high fee. Very surprised that they allowed a gas limit of over 30,000,000. You would think there would be some type of guard against this type of issues from happening. Either way, i dont think Bitfinex will be insolvent due to this since they make tons of transaction fees alone.

i think that was returned, as it should I guess.  pretty insane mistake to make...
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I'm talking about Raptoreum (RTM).

3900X making 6$/day

have to check that out
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
I'm talking about Raptoreum (RTM).

3900X making 6$/day
Small CPU mining boom going on now and nobody is talking about it in here? =)
Top Ryzens are making nice money...

What are they mining?  What coin and what miners?

So, where are people talking about it, or is this just a troll?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Anyone here mining on that pool where Bitfinex used a $24 Million dollar transaction fee?

https://etherscan.io/block/13307440

From what I understand this has something to do with Defi and how there were some changes after EIP1559. I really don't think this was some money laundering attempt where someone basically uses a high fee and then pretends to give it to a miner and instead just mines it themselves.

Seems this was the only transaction that resulted in such a high fee. Very surprised that they allowed a gas limit of over 30,000,000. You would think there would be some type of guard against this type of issues from happening. Either way, i dont think Bitfinex will be insolvent due to this since they make tons of transaction fees alone.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10

What are they mining?  What coin and what miners?
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
What would you charge someone to cover the cost of running a GPU mining rig at your place?

This fee should cover basic maintenance, upkeep and profit switching, cost for management software (HiveOS, Awesome Miner, etc).

And should this fee include electricity or would you make that a separate fee?

I'm not looking to do this on a large scale, just running a rig or two for a friend that is pretty computer illiterate, and doesn't have the space to do it himself.

Okay a lot of ways

he provides the rig
you do everything else

split the coins

do the math on the idea above.

It would favor you since eth is very profitable .

You could do

30-70
40-60

50-50. we do this with the big mine but it has tons of sha 256 which make less per watt then the gpus.

60-40
70-30

40-60 is likely fair.

40% for you and 60% for him

I know you know how to do the math. I am not  sure how cheap the power is for you.

I actually did this with a buddy of mine.   I had replaced a bunch of gpus with more efficient gpus (replaced 1080ti with 3060ti) because i was at max power usage in my loft.  popped the main breaker a few times. Roll Eyes

So i had extra gpus that wheren't being used.  So i made a deal with a buddy of mine, he supplied the power and place for a few gpus (these were completely paid of a few couple years ago), and in return we split the eth (50-50) that the miner produced.

worked well until the heat got to much for his wife.

Activity: 558
Merit: 194
I really like your initial suggestion and that keeps things simple.

Thanks!
legendary
What would you charge someone to cover the cost of running a GPU mining rig at your place?

This fee should cover basic maintenance, upkeep and profit switching, cost for management software (HiveOS, Awesome Miner, etc).

I'm not looking to do this on a large scale, just running a rig or two for a friend that is pretty computer illiterate, and doesn't have the space to do it himself.

Okay a lot of ways

he provides the rig
you do everything else

split the coins

do the math on the idea above.

It would favor you since eth is very profitable .

You could do

30-70
40-60

50-50. we do this with the big mine but it has tons of sha 256 which make less per watt then the gpus.

60-40
70-30

40-60 is likely fair.

40% for you and 60% for him

I know you know how to do the math. I am not  sure how cheap the power is for you.

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
If I had to rank all the ASIC companies I used in the past I would do it like this

1) Spondoolies
2) Avalon
3) Gridseed
4) Bitmain
5) KnCMiner
6) CoinTerra

Keep in mind, 4 of those no longer exist.

The Spondoolies had the best build quality. It was pretty much military grade. I think its why they didn't make it. Because they couldn't keep up with Bitmains cheaper build quality and price. I remember back in 2015 when there was a price war with the SP20 and the Antminer S5. They basically had to sell the SP20 at a loss due to Bitmains price cut.
legendary
philipma1957 - how would you rank BTC miner companies?

1. Bitmain
2. Whatsminer
3. Innosilicon
4. Avalon
5 the rest...?

Thanks in advance

They all are good or bad or indifferent.

I have used all of them with mixed results.

I do prefer Avalon since they stick to only sha 256.
Activity: 287
Merit: 100
philipma1957 - how would you rank BTC miner companies?

1. Bitmain
2. Whatsminer
3. Innosilicon
4. Avalon
5 the rest...?

Thanks in advance
legendary
The EVGA queue from last November just hit with a 3090 gaming card for $1900.

Is it worth it?

yes and if you dont want buy it and sell it to me.

Pages:
Jump to: