Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 14. (Read 66174 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Phil, or anyone else, what do you use for an OS?  Is HiveOS decent?  I have a small form factor computer I grabbed off ebay, currently plugged one card into it (via pcie extender) and installed hiveos.  Its an AMD card (my only one) and it seems like a giant pain in the ass to administer. hash rate seems to fluctuate for no reason at all and its hardly set and forget.  Should I just install windows? 

Smos works well for me

i'm fine with windows 7, but i won't recommend it. people should test and try, see if it will work well for them.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil, or anyone else, what do you use for an OS?  Is HiveOS decent?  I have a small form factor computer I grabbed off ebay, currently plugged one card into it (via pcie extender) and installed hiveos.  Its an AMD card (my only one) and it seems like a giant pain in the ass to administer. hash rate seems to fluctuate for no reason at all and its hardly set and forget.  Should I just install windows? 

Smos works well for me
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Anyone selling short?  I know i'm a broken record but you could save yourself a lot of pain if we are following the normal pattern we are in for a bear market.  I started mining in late 2016, if I was smart i would have hedged in 2018.  No reasons for your income to fall, you can take a lot of risk off the table for a small price.

a bear market inside a bull market that can flip anytime this year or the start of the real bear market hehe

cross post:

we need the bull run to top next year, like the end of 2022. these folks keep on dreaming of bear market.

a good "fake beginning of bear market" will shake out a good bunch of them hehehe  Grin

History does have a way of repeating itself, and I'm willing to bet there were plenty of 'bear-market deniers' back in 2018 too.

how about a bear market "simulation" inside a bull market? people lose money in a bull market too  Wink

are we in a bear market simulation?...that's the question  Cheesy
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Yes I think its smart to set weekly DCA buys given whatever the price is at. Because due to volatility you can DCA at a better price than just buying everything at $30K. Its quite possible we might go back to the $20K area however I don't think it will be that easy just by buying at $20K and expecting it to take off.

Everybody will want to buy bitcoin at $20K because its the ultimate support since it was the top in 2017. So most likely what will happen is we will either go to like $22K and go up or go to $20K, stay there for a few days or weeks and then it'll break and head lower into like $15-18K setting off a bunch of stops and we will likely bottom somewhere there.

The 200 Weekly moving average has been a good indicator actually. Predicted the low in 2015,2018 and 2020. And it currently sits at $13K but every week its value increases.
legendary
Anyone selling short?  I know i'm a broken record but you could save yourself a lot of pain if we are following the normal pattern we are in for a bear market.  I started mining in late 2016, if I was smart i would have hedged in 2018.  No reasons for your income to fall, you can take a lot of risk off the table for a small price.

Now is not the time to short. The time to short was back when we were >$50K or so or when ETH was >$3500 or so. With the El Salvador news and everything I think we might go to the ~$50K area one more time and that's when most people will exit just in case $64K was the top, if it wasn't the top and we go higher most people will rebuy higher >$64K rather than risk it going back down to like $15K.

If you look at the 2012,2014,2017 tops, usually the market gives you an out at the 0.50 and 0.618 fibinocci level from the ATH to the low before the bounce. Plus there are tons of people who are bag holding at $56K and $48K, so either of those might be the higher low before we rest the $30K area again.

well assuming we do not take off and rally like mad we are now at 37800

I am still stacking my btc.
I also have a descending buy ladder down   31031,30030,...,21021
and a weekly dca for btc

but I am selling all eth as it comes in
and I am selling all doge as it comes in
and I am selling all ltc as it comes in

I am holding some ltc  but I am not stacking it.

my monthly income has dropped over 50%

Still okay due to the sales of doge,ltc,eth

So stacking btc
and hodl ltc is okay to do

We have a lot of spare power cheap and we hope we may get some gpus at msrp soon.

as a 3060ti at 399 would be worth buying
legendary
Anyone selling short?  I know i'm a broken record but you could save yourself a lot of pain if we are following the normal pattern we are in for a bear market.  I started mining in late 2016, if I was smart i would have hedged in 2018.  No reasons for your income to fall, you can take a lot of risk off the table for a small price.

Now is not the time to short. The time to short was back when we were >$50K or so or when ETH was >$3500 or so. With the El Salvador news and everything I think we might go to the ~$50K area one more time and that's when most people will exit just in case $64K was the top, if it wasn't the top and we go higher most people will rebuy higher >$64K rather than risk it going back down to like $15K.

If you look at the 2012,2014,2017 tops, usually the market gives you an out at the 0.50 and 0.618 fibinocci level from the ATH to the low before the bounce. Plus there are tons of people who are bag holding at $56K and $48K, so either of those might be the higher low before we rest the $30K area again.
legendary

Looks bearish.

I am selling all mined coins other than btc.  still stacking btc.

Note there is money on the table if you play it right.

https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

ten minutes left
 on the shuffle
legendary

Looks bearish.

I am selling all mined coins other than btc.  still stacking btc.

Note there is money on the table if you play it right.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
Anyone selling short?  I know i'm a broken record but you could save yourself a lot of pain if we are following the normal pattern we are in for a bear market.  I started mining in late 2016, if I was smart i would have hedged in 2018.  No reasons for your income to fall, you can take a lot of risk off the table for a small price.
legendary
Back then most coins were like that. They usually copied Bitcoin and were no premine however the devs usually wanted something out of it. So there was shady stuff going on like a launched coin which had tons of blocks already on its chain or the coin only had a cpu miner initially but the Devs had a secret GPU miner which they used to mine some blocks.

Then when it hit the exchange it either peaked at the launch or it peaked sometime that week and was mostly to get more BTC. Not too many projects were legit. There is even speculation that lite coin was similar. The Dev had a secret GPU miner but only released a CPU miner at the time and was mining at an advantage.

I heard that about litecoin

If you study the mechanics of BTC LTC and DOGE I could see anyone working with or with out each other.  But they do have a synergy

and allow for easier circulation of $$value

I am not a fan of btc maxers or pos pushers. But I do see a few hundred pow coins being able to coexist and fill various services as the true solution to coins in general.

People that complain about POW burning power simply do not understand how governments of the world are failing to use mining as an incentive to burn green power for their farms.

It is tiring to try to explain how governments of the world are subsidizing coal and oil over solar and wind. At the cost of human life.

If you think I am wrong go breath in a tailpipe on a gas car or a smokestack on a coal electric plant.

At the moment the sun puts out 50x the power on the planet in sunlight than we burn in oil and coal.

We should be hoarding the oil and coal and using the sunlight .  Just in case the sun drops its light and power unexpectedly .

But no we burn the oil and coal and go du tu dut on our merry way.

Musk and his buds are attempting to show they can control the value of pow coins so we need to be aware that they are not in our best interests.
legendary
Back then most coins were like that. They usually copied Bitcoin and were no premine however the devs usually wanted something out of it. So there was shady stuff going on like a launched coin which had tons of blocks already on its chain or the coin only had a cpu miner initially but the Devs had a secret GPU miner which they used to mine some blocks.

Then when it hit the exchange it either peaked at the launch or it peaked sometime that week and was mostly to get more BTC. Not too many projects were legit. There is even speculation that lite coin was similar. The Dev had a secret GPU miner but only released a CPU miner at the time and was mining at an advantage.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
I forget but some developers shipped me a free.fgpa to mine max coin.

I mined a few hundred coins they had the bs exchange.  I stopped it was a waste of time.

Bitcoin interest was a hybrid mine and stake coin a waste.of time.

I pivoted 20000 bci coins into doge and did the doge.hodl

Worked much better.

My l3+ are still whaling doge and ltc.

They have become the best asics I ever owned.

Doge may well go to huge numbers. We mine 9000-10000 a month
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Glad to hear your wife is doing better Phil.

Today that Max Keizer guy (the sailor looking fella in the videos I posted above) went on another rant on some interview and basically took out a $10 bill and ripped it to shreds saying the US dollar is going to zero and to buy Bitcoin.

I wonder if any of you guys were around but he actually released a coin called Maxcoin back in 2014. I remember because I switched from mining Doge to Maxcoin for a little while because it was more profitable. It had its own special algo and I still remember how to estimate the hashrate compared to lite coin mining. Basically multiple your hashrate by 1000 and divide by half. So if you got 500khs mining lite coin with an r9 270x you would get 250MHs mining Maxcoin.

And to sell Maxcoin you had to use a special exchange called, mcxnow. And I remember that exchange had a troll box and it was the first troll box I’ve ever spent sometime in. It’s crazy how it’s been 7 years since then and feels like yesterday.

I use to listen to Max Keiser's podcast "The truth about markets".  He is a long time hard money guy like Peter Schiff. On his podcast he mentioned he was releasing a new coin, which is what got me started mining and to register on Bitcointalk. I remember the first launch failed and on the relaunch there was only a CPU miner available, which had to be compiled from source and only solo mining was available. Once it got listed on an exchange it pumped to over $1 and dumped, never to recover. Like 99.9% of the shitcoin ninja launches from back then, nothing more than a BTC money grab.
legendary
Glad to hear your wife is doing better Phil.

Today that Max Keizer guy (the sailor looking fella in the videos I posted above) went on another rant on some interview and basically took out a $10 bill and ripped it to shreds saying the US dollar is going to zero and to buy Bitcoin.

I wonder if any of you guys were around but he actually released a coin called Maxcoin back in 2014. I remember because I switched from mining Doge to Maxcoin for a little while because it was more profitable. It had its own special algo and I still remember how to estimate the hashrate compared to lite coin mining. Basically multiple your hashrate by 1000 and divide by half. So if you got 500khs mining lite coin with an r9 270x you would get 250MHs mining Maxcoin.

And to sell Maxcoin you had to use a special exchange called, mcxnow. And I remember that exchange had a troll box and it was the first troll box I’ve ever spent sometime in. It’s crazy how it’s been 7 years since then and feels like yesterday.
legendary
Awesome to hear that the wife is finally better!  Go out and celebrate but still be cautious please.

Going to a barbecue for Fourth of July .
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Awesome to hear that the wife is finally better!  Go out and celebrate but still be cautious please.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
glad to hear the wife is doing well! and i hope your covid problems are easily treatable.

i had mined a bunch of eth for about the last year and mainly just sat on it. unloaded a good chunk of it for fiat near enough that recent high to be happy and basically now just trade it for btc as i mine it.
legendary
Glad to hear your wife is doing well Phil!

Thanks it has been a very long trip back to health for her.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Glad to hear your wife is doing well Phil!
Pages:
Jump to: