Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 134. (Read 66187 times)

Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Been really sick  cold/flu whatever.

My wife was so sick  her cold/flu is now pneumonia.  She is in the hospital due  to come home  today.

She did get better they gave her antibiotics via intravenous.

My local hospital has 284 beds  the nurses were telling me 215 of the 284 beds  have people with

cold/flu/pneumonia symptoms  kind of frightening  to think of those numbers.

Makes me think gpus/asics/cryptocoins are not that important.

I was on nicehash  today  and read this

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/cuckaroom-algorithm-to-support-grin-hard-fork

"Cuckaroom algorithm to support Grin hard fork!

Dear NiceHash buyers!

To support the Grin hard fork, we are introducing the new algorithm on our hash-power marketplace. Cuckaroom is (a new Grin algorithm) now available and you can already start with placing orders!

UPDATE: Grin fork is now LIVE! Cancel your Grincuckarod orders and replace them with Cuckaroom orders as soon as possible!

Announcements regarding the NiceHash Miner and NHOS to support this hard fork will be published in the separate press release. "

I would not mind  setting up some units  to mine  the new fork.

Does any one have a bat for simplemining os to run a gpu rig to nicehash.

I do not have much time  with my wife in hospital to figure it out.

get well soon Phil and to your wife too

gminer-v1.93

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 33eWrdGqmT52MtaeUce8DV7NvTcUXni7aY.$rigName --pass x --api 3333

Yeah, Phil wish you to get well!

@citronick: for me Bminer works faster, I get 1,75-1,8 G/s with a 1080ti at cockatoo31. However, didn't try cockaroom29 yet... What speed do you get and what GPU?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

My wife was so sick  her cold/flu is now pneumonia.  She is in the hospital due  to come home  today.

My local hospital has 284 beds  the nurses were telling me 215 of the 284 beds  have people with

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/cuckaroom-algorithm-to-support-grin-hard-fork

Dear NiceHash buyers!

To support the Grin hard fork, we are introducing the new algorithm on our hash-power marketplace. Cuckaroom is (a new Grin algorithm) now available and you can already start with placing orders!

UPDATE: Grin fork is now LIVE! Cancel your Grincuckarod orders and replace them with Cuckaroom orders as soon as possible!

Announcements regarding the NiceHash Miner and NHOS to support this hard fork will be published in the separate press release. "

gminer-v1.93

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr.1  --pass x --api 3333

Thank you I will try this out.

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr.1  --pass x --api 3333

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr.2  --pass x --api 3333

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr.3  --pass x --api 3333

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr.4  --pass x --api 3333

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Dear NiceHash buyers!

gminer-v1.93

--algo grin29 --pers auto --server cuckaroom.usa.nicehash.com --port 3382 --user 33eWrdGqmT52MtaeUce8DV7NvTcUXni7aY.$rigName --pass x --api 3333
legendary
Been really sick  cold/flu whatever.

My wife was so sick  her cold/flu is now pneumonia.  She is in the hospital due  to come home  today.

My local hospital has 284 beds  the nurses were telling me 215 of the 284 beds  have people with

cold/flu/pneumonia symptoms  kind of frightening  to think of those numbers.

I was on nicehash  today  and read this

Dear NiceHash buyers!

I would not mind  setting up some units  to mine  the new fork.

I do not have much time  with my wife in hospital to figure it out.
legendary
DOGE is actually pretty good if you consider yourself to be very very patient. If you pull up the DOGEBTC you can see that from time to time it gets these crazy spikes and then completely fades, the last time this happened was Aug 2018 so its due at another pump spike anytime soon.

Its smart holding DOGE because you can sell it for 3-5x times more BTC instead of fiat. The best area to buy long term would be maybe the 15 sat region however who knows if it will ever reach that area.

I would trust DOGE more than buying other alts like XRP which are pegged with too many issues.

yeah if i simply let it accumulate I can do this.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
DOGE is actually pretty good if you consider yourself to be very very patient. If you pull up the DOGEBTC you can see that from time to time it gets these crazy spikes and then completely fades, the last time this happened was Aug 2018 so its due at another pump spike anytime soon.

Its smart holding DOGE because you can sell it for 3-5x times more BTC instead of fiat. The best area to buy long term would be maybe the 15 sat region however who knows if it will ever reach that area.

I would trust DOGE more than buying other alts like XRP which are pegged with too many issues.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Yeah I heat the house up for the winter  with the mining, but the gpus are losing money.

I have mined and converted to Doge so maybe I get lucky down the road.

Good pick DOGE.... with the BTC bump today..... DOGE pushed +18%

I like DOGE - very fast transaction and surprisingly holding up quite well along side BTC.

Every 100k DOGE rounds about 250$ USD - not bad for a meme coin.

Its also listed on Binance with nice reasonable volume.... and 300M marketcap and 50M daily volume.

===

you can put any algo type miner to pools like zergpool, prohashing, mining-dutch and get automatically converted to DOGE - mine and forget
legendary
Yeah I heat the house up for the winter  with the mining, but the gpus are losing money.

I have mined and converted to Doge so maybe I get lucky down the road.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Right now the only GPU we have that's worth mining with is my Radeon VII; everything else is either too close to power costs to be worth it, or not even breaking even at $0.10 kw/h
legendary
I kept 13 x 1080tis running still on whatever coins that makes sense otherwise it falls back to Nicehash DaggerHashimoto. Thats all the GPUs that I will maintain within my reach. My hosted 1ph SHA256 farm at 6c/kw/hr is still in the black so will hangon to that.

@philipma - time for a New Year 2020 thread (no.10) for good luck!

Yeah but I don't know I have the flu at the moment don't feel like doing much of anything.

Maybe later in the week.

I have been mining BCI  and converting it to DOGE.

My goal is to have 1,000,000 in Doge by next year.

https://dogechain.info/address/DCfYTvSUymWJMJUH7ycUz5VedgbdrnRAG1  308k

https://dogechain.info/address/DRCX43MMj1ZsqKiZcyWL7AekBVb1vDCrnv   39k

https://dogechain.info/address/DGW6Zh7chDogZhcU9iZuDn9iMsvKW2Qy8J  130k

477k so far.

Would be nice to see it take off. Roll Eyes

I have 200+1200+570 in sha256 = 1970th

I have 10gh in ltc gear. which also earns doge.

all told I am earning under 12k yearly  but I am earning profit with the btc.

Gpus lose money but let me mine and hold a bit.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I kept 13 x 1080tis running still on whatever coins that makes sense otherwise it falls back to Nicehash DaggerHashimoto. Thats all the GPUs that I will maintain within my reach. My hosted 1ph SHA256 farm at 6c/kw/hr is still in the black so will hangon to that.

@philipma - time for a New Year 2020 thread (no.10) for good luck!
legendary
Anyone back to mining ETH again?

Looking at Whattomine, it looks like profitability increased from 1 penny a day per gpu to a nickel per day per gpu from before the fork. Basically it looks like as soon as the fork hit, many people restarted their rigs and hence why the profitability is still pretty bad.

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

Seems there are tons and tons of unpowered GPUs that are desperate to mine anything as long as it produces a profit. I wonder if we will ever get the days of $1/gpu/day profitability back.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
I just released my mortgages going to sell at the top of the pyramid, lol.  I checked the forums and see all of NurSie's post and I'm out.  If your making a decent return you don't spam it on message boards to attract more miners to lower your profits.

I released my mortgages from f2pool and it will take 1,100 conformations to clear, lol.  That's a long time.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
There have been enough BFC shill posts from NurSie to catch some low hanging fruit. I can't see any funtional reason for the coin to exist. At least Zcash and the plethora of other coins claimed to be something.

This BFC coin just looks like a cash grab and those left with mortgages will be holding useless coin with somebody running off with their fiat.
It's a ponzie scheme, seems that they are popular in China(one plus token for example)
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
There have been enough BFC shill posts from NurSie to catch some low hanging fruit. I can't see any funtional reason for the coin to exist. At least Zcash and the plethora of other coins claimed to be something.

This BFC coin just looks like a cash grab and those left with mortgages will be holding useless coin with somebody running off with their fiat.
You can mortgagee less, I mortgaged one rig.  But I think you guys are right, it doesn't feel right to me.  I could mortgage $20,000 and have my gpus making $90 a day.  Too good to be true.  I'll see if I get i get burned out of my 100 coins.  I calculated it will take around 200 days to make the mortgage back at the current market.

what does 1x 1080ti earn if you mortage coins

lets say I have a rig with 3 1070's 2 1080's 1 1080ti  six cards

it pulls around 1000 watts or 24 kwatts a day.

so 10 cent =  2.40 in power
      5 cent =  1.20 in power

if the rig earns 12 bucks a day with a mortgage

it earns 3.60 a day with no mortgage  that is a profit at 10 cents

so if you mortgage a rig and earn 12 bucks
and dont mortgage 2 rigs and earn 7.20

you are at 19.20 power is 7.20 at 10 cents = 12 a day profit.

on 3 rigs 1 mortgaged and 2 not mortgaged

so if this math is true then a mix of rigs reduces risk of a con.

which means others will be doing this and if it is a con it will break down quickly

I only mortgaged 3 out of my 20 rigs to see what happens.  So far the coin looks good https://www.mxc.com/trade/easy#BFC_USDT.  But I'm with you guys I really don't trust it and will cashout the mortgages soon.  I don't understand the use for the coin, the marketing seems to revolve around mining only.
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
You can mortgagee less, I mortgaged one rig.  But I think you guys are right, it doesn't feel right to me.  I could mortgage $20,000 and have my gpus making $90 a day.  Too good to be true.  I'll see if I get i get burned out of my 100 coins.  I calculated it will take around 200 days to make the mortgage back at the current market.

what does 1x 1080ti earn if you mortage coins

lets say I have a rig with 3 1070's 2 1080's 1 1080ti  six cards

it pulls around 1000 watts or 24 kwatts a day.

so 10 cent =  2.40 in power
      5 cent =  1.20 in power

if the rig earns 12 bucks a day with a mortgage

it earns 3.60 a day with no mortgage  that is a profit at 10 cents

so if you mortgage a rig and earn 12 bucks
and dont mortgage 2 rigs and earn 7.20

you are at 19.20 power is 7.20 at 10 cents = 12 a day profit.

on 3 rigs 1 mortgaged and 2 not mortgaged

so if this math is true then a mix of rigs reduces risk of a con.

which means others will be doing this and if it is a con it will break down quickly
legendary
A little over a day and we should have the ETH fork which should at least temporarily improve profits, according to,
https://etherscan.io/block/countdown/9200000

There is a day and 4 hours to go. With the block time going from 17 seconds to 13 seconds we should instantely get 25% more in profits, so if you got low power rates it should help but for most retail miners in most of the USA it won't make much difference, pretty sure most have their rigs powered off already.

I think unless we get a huge price surge of ETH going into the BTC halving or some ProgPOW algo switch then most likely will sell the rest of my GPUs.

i listed two rigs in the marketplace today.
legendary
A little over a day and we should have the ETH fork which should at least temporarily improve profits, according to,
https://etherscan.io/block/countdown/9200000

There is a day and 4 hours to go. With the block time going from 17 seconds to 13 seconds we should instantely get 25% more in profits, so if you got low power rates it should help but for most retail miners in most of the USA it won't make much difference, pretty sure most have their rigs powered off already.

I think unless we get a huge price surge of ETH going into the BTC halving or some ProgPOW algo switch then most likely will sell the rest of my GPUs.
Jump to: