Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 135. (Read 66187 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Guys what you think about Bitfree Cash (BFC)? Someone call it's Ponzi scam, but profit from mining for now very good.

Well I searched and searched and couldn't find it on the announcements page. So I decided to google it and found a link but when I click it I get some error saying I don't have the rights to access that thread. Its looks like it was either removed due to a potential ponzi scheme like you said or there is some other link that I can't find.

Post the official ANN and I will take a look. The issue is that if its indeed a ponzi, its a waste of time to mine since no exchange will list it. In my opinion stay away from any Ponzi schemes, it gives crypto a bad name and its the reason why the 2018 bear market started when bitcoinnnect went under.
official ANN https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bfc-bitfree-cash-gpu-mining-cpow-compound-revenue-5209540
all information in there. welcome to our tele as well

Looks bad to me. To much premine (2.1 mil coins?) if the information from your ANN is correct.
However, if I go to their website, it's a different story: only 105.000 coins are premined and if you sum up the coins then ~4 mil is missing... So what are the correct numbers?

BFC is listed on MXC with high volume and f2pool for mining, I don't know if this means anything.  I've been looking at it over the past couple days and its seems too good.

you need to get 300 coins staked to get full mining rewards (otherwise you get only 30% coins mined) - ingenious way to get your money upfront.... 1 will pass
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
Guys what you think about Bitfree Cash (BFC)? Someone call it's Ponzi scam, but profit from mining for now very good.

Well I searched and searched and couldn't find it on the announcements page. So I decided to google it and found a link but when I click it I get some error saying I don't have the rights to access that thread. Its looks like it was either removed due to a potential ponzi scheme like you said or there is some other link that I can't find.

Post the official ANN and I will take a look. The issue is that if its indeed a ponzi, its a waste of time to mine since no exchange will list it. In my opinion stay away from any Ponzi schemes, it gives crypto a bad name and its the reason why the 2018 bear market started when bitcoinnnect went under.
official ANN https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bfc-bitfree-cash-gpu-mining-cpow-compound-revenue-5209540

Looks bad to me. To much premine (2.1 mil coins?) if the information from your ANN is correct.
However, if I go to their website, it's a different story: only 105.000 coins are premined and if you sum up the coins then ~4 mil is missing... So what are the correct numbers?

BFC is listed on MXC with high volume and f2pool for mining, I don't know if this means anything.  I've been looking at it over the past couple days and its seems too good.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Because it is bad,just your typical chinese ponzie crypto scheme.You cant even mine it without injecting some of your cash in it.Thier last coin(bbc)had a similar faith,devs just forked away all gpu miners and allow only for people to buy hash from their "bank"

Never knew this happened.

I guess the reason they get away with doing this is because mining profitability right now is so bad that they figure that if they can show decent profitability for GPU miners that they will buy their coins just to power up their rigs again.

Later there are alot of scams going around. A few ponzi's out there not including the defunct PlusToken and there are tons of these "crypto trading signal groups" which have people paying $500/month to get a message when to buy or sell BTCUSD. Most of those never end up working out and the group operator ends up running away with everyone's funds.

Hopefully 2020 will be a better year for crypto in general, we will see what the halving will have in store for us.

scams are not just in crypto coins/tokens.. exchanges can be like shitcoins too-running away with money, basically in its essence is where you all put your money in one central place.

well.. when the general sentiment is BTC and innovative projects and also other projects are not scammy and will change the world or any industry = BUBBLE

and then BTC is king and alts are scams = BEAR market

and then finally BTC is also a scam = this is where the bottom is LOL Wink
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Because it is bad,just your typical chinese ponzie crypto scheme.You cant even mine it without injecting some of your cash in it.Thier last coin(bbc)had a similar faith,devs just forked away all gpu miners and allow only for people to buy hash from their "bank"

Never knew this happened.

I guess the reason they get away with doing this is because mining profitability right now is so bad that they figure that if they can show decent profitability for GPU miners that they will buy their coins just to power up their rigs again.

Later there are alot of scams going around. A few ponzi's out there not including the defunct PlusToken and there are tons of these "crypto trading signal groups" which have people paying $500/month to get a message when to buy or sell BTCUSD. Most of those never end up working out and the group operator ends up running away with everyone's funds.

Hopefully 2020 will be a better year for crypto in general, we will see what the halving will have in store for us.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Has anyone noticed any improvements with quad channel RAM vs dual channel for mining RandomX?  I thought it might help, but it doesn't seem to make any difference on my first gen threadripper.

yeah my 1920x  seems to stay around 6000   with 11,12,13,14,15,16 threads 2 or 4 sticks of ram

but I underclock with eco it runs fairly cool and does not pull a ton of power. 

but frankly  the 1st gen is merely okay.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Has anyone noticed any improvements with quad channel RAM vs dual channel for mining RandomX?  I thought it might help, but it doesn't seem to make any difference on my first gen threadripper.
to be honest, not a smart move. the best way would be to pick a reliable and profitable chain instead of targetalessly ramming
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I just had a personal friend ask me about vechain....  something about it being big on product/clone identification or something or other...... he seems to think it might be something.... but this is the first I have heard of it.

anyone have any insight?

I have invested in Vechain for awhile now and I think its a good long term hold because its has a very good platform and many partnerships and customers already. Its also a on reliable exchanges, staking token and no mining. I keep my VETs on their Android wallet.

https://vechaininsider.com/partnerships/a-complete-list-of-vechain-partnerships/

No shilling here... just responding to Jared.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I just had a personal friend ask me about vechain....  something about it being big on product/clone identification or something or other...... he seems to think it might be something.... but this is the first I have heard of it.

anyone have any insight?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I have found affinity helps mostly in dual-thread CPU's;  since the two threads of the same core (people often mistake them as independent cores) share the same cache space;  its necessary to make sure you aren't trying to cross talk between them or major speed bumps happen..

yeah i tried it with a ryzen 9 3900x not much different with or without.  but the reduced threads to 23 vs 24

does allow for using the pc to do most any other task. this is a decent algo i am making a bit of profit so far.

putting those Ryzens on Verus mining yields much better than XMR Random X

https://luckpool.net/verus/connect.html
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

I have found affinity helps mostly in dual-thread CPU's;  since the two threads of the same core (people often mistake them as independent cores) share the same cache space;  its necessary to make sure you aren't trying to cross talk between them or major speed bumps happen..

yeah i tried it with a ryzen 9 3900x not much different with or without.  but the reduced threads to 23 vs 24

does allow for using the pc to do most any other task. this is a decent algo i am making a bit of profit so far.
legendary

I have found affinity helps mostly in dual-thread CPU's;  since the two threads of the same core (people often mistake them as independent cores) share the same cache space;  its necessary to make sure you aren't trying to cross talk between them or major speed bumps happen..
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
legendary
Yeah, if my D8P rig does not sell;  I need to find a new purpose for it....

I guess I could try plugging it into RandomX....   What seems to be the algo used with Nvidia nowadays?
Some equihash variants, C29 (C31 for more powerful versions) and MTP are yielding a little something. But it's not brilliant.

Vega64 on RandomX anyone tried it?

Im not sure how much memory speed becomes a playing factor with the Vegas....  It basically comes down to clock cycles the way RandomX is organized, and parallel threads have a cache space issue (from how my understanding sees it)....

As for the other algos; thanks for the heads up.    I kinda figured it was along those lines.

I might just get an R606 and put it on the lottery instead......
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Anyone know if there was an ice age delay for the Instabul hardfork that happened a few days ago? Seems like the block times are still >15-16 seconds or so. The ice age usually gets delayed with every hard-fork since the POS is a while away.

Looking at the block time charts,
https://etherscan.io/chart/blocktime

It looks like the block times are still growing and there was no steep drop when the hard-fork happened. And if you look at the previous 2 hard-fork they caused a huge drop in block times.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Yeah, if my D8P rig does not sell;  I need to find a new purpose for it....

I guess I could try plugging it into RandomX....   What seems to be the algo used with Nvidia nowadays?
Some equihash variants, C29 (C31 for more powerful versions) and MTP are yielding a little something. But it's not brilliant.

Vega64 on RandomX anyone tried it?
Pointless.
Jump to: