Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 18. (Read 66187 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
@philipma1957 Which miner you use for Doge? How is hashrate/payrate from different Nvidia models? Wattage like ETH?And what wallet to use? Till yet i use NH.
oh some google, think you use a L3 or Wink

L3+ mine at viabtc

oh speaking of doge newegg is taking doge and discount 10%

https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/21-1127/index.html?
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
@philipma1957 Which miner you use for Doge? How is hashrate/payrate from different Nvidia models? Wattage like ETH?And what wallet to use? Till yet i use NH.
oh some google, think you use a L3 or Wink
legendary
From the looks of things people either got liquidated trading on margin or futures or they basically bought all their coins at $56K. Looking at crypto twitter and bitcointalk it seems everybody wants to buy the dip now, however they are out of funds to do so.

I think we will hold $30K today because its a weekend and most likely its scared retail which is selling right now, however the OI is so low that I don't think there is any more people left to sell really.

If it goes closer to $25K or so, then the people that bought the breakout at $19.5K will most likely be looking to get out at break-even however that is far away at the moment. Should be an interesting week. Wonder if it'll be easier to get GPUs.

I am using some of my doge earnings to make descending  buy ladders all the way down to 18k
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
From the looks of things people either got liquidated trading on margin or futures or they basically bought all their coins at $56K. Looking at crypto twitter and bitcointalk it seems everybody wants to buy the dip now, however they are out of funds to do so.

I think we will hold $30K today because its a weekend and most likely its scared retail which is selling right now, however the OI is so low that I don't think there is any more people left to sell really.

If it goes closer to $25K or so, then the people that bought the breakout at $19.5K will most likely be looking to get out at break-even however that is far away at the moment. Should be an interesting week. Wonder if it'll be easier to get GPUs.
legendary
I remember back in late 2014 and early 2015 I was looking for Bitcoin ASICs. There was an individual that was selling some Antminer S3. From what I recall they were like $300-$500 (can't exactly remember).

I contacted the guy and wanted to buy them for like $100 and he said no. Then I remember there was a day, maybe first week of January 2015 when BTC had a huge crash. Like I think it was the lowest low ever since. I decided to contact him again and this time I jokingly offered $50 each and to my surprise the guy said "yes" and wanted to meet immediately. I assumed he wouldn't show up however I decided to meet him somewhere public anyways. To my surprise he showed up, took my $50 per S3 and we parted ways. Shortly after that day the profitaiblity of BTC mining went up and BTC was never that low again. Well I think there was a day in middle of 2015 when it broke $200 on Bitfinex to like $150 but it quickly corrected and went higher.

Feel bad for that guy because most likely he never ROI'd on those S3's. No idea if he was hodling the BTCs mined or just market selling everyday for fiat.

Yep you always have to hold back some cash just in case of a crash.

Right now doge is helping me as it is still over 30 cents and I mine round 10k-12k coins a month

we mined 364 coins yesterday of which 91 are mine at 30 cents this is 27 dollars a day or 810 a month

last year the doge was 32 a month 4 ways split 8 bucks month  or 27 cents a day.

27 dollars a day  vs 27 cents  a day is still good.

So doge carries all my fiat needs for mining.
legendary
I remember back in late 2014 and early 2015 I was looking for Bitcoin ASICs. There was an individual that was selling some Antminer S3. From what I recall they were like $300-$500 (can't exactly remember).

I contacted the guy and wanted to buy them for like $100 and he said no. Then I remember there was a day, maybe first week of January 2015 when BTC had a huge crash. Like I think it was the lowest low ever since. I decided to contact him again and this time I jokingly offered $50 each and to my surprise the guy said "yes" and wanted to meet immediately. I assumed he wouldn't show up however I decided to meet him somewhere public anyways. To my surprise he showed up, took my $50 per S3 and we parted ways. Shortly after that day the profitaiblity of BTC mining went up and BTC was never that low again. Well I think there was a day in middle of 2015 when it broke $200 on Bitfinex to like $150 but it quickly corrected and went higher.

Feel bad for that guy because most likely he never ROI'd on those S3's. No idea if he was hodling the BTCs mined or just market selling everyday for fiat.
legendary
I have a feeling that in the next few weeks it will be easier and easier to get GPUs. The mining profitability has been reduced significantly and many people already assume we are in the bear market, so most likely people won't be buying any more GPUs.

Its hard to say that will happen. We might get a rally into the $50K and then trade sideways for the next year or so. OR we might go down further into the $20K area if all his energy FUD keeps being announced and Elon and Musk keep posting negative views on BTC and crypto in general.

I would say its 50/50 we topped. Hope you guys took some partial profits along the way.

IT could rally or maybe meander about. The current price per mh is good 0.0851 cents is a good profit number

a 3080 burns 6-7 kwatts a day  it earn $8.51 a day

so>

5 cent cost.      35 cents.   8.51 - .35 = 8.16 daily 2978 yearly
10 cent cost.     70 cents   8.51 - .70 = 7.81 daily 2850 yearly
15 cent cost.    1.05.       8.51 - 1.05 = 7.36 daily 2686 yearly
20 cent cost.    1.40.       8.51 - 1.40 = 7.11 daily 2595 yearly
25 cent cost.    1.75.       8.51 - 1.75 = 6.76 daily 2467 yearly

in all the above cases a 3080 earns over 2400 in a year

if earnings drop to  4 cents a mh  things become glum

at current price a 3080 card is worth 1500 or more not 2500 or more

ebay sellers still asking 2300 or more eon buy it now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154458971581?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203462284888?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114821078961?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234018602038?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304003294407?

5 lowest buy it now for evga 3080 on ebay all in the 2350 to 2450
legendary
I have a feeling that in the next few weeks it will be easier and easier to get GPUs. The mining profitability has been reduced significantly and many people already assume we are in the bear market, so most likely people won't be buying any more GPUs.

Its hard to say that will happen. We might get a rally into the $50K and then trade sideways for the next year or so. OR we might go down further into the $20K area if all his energy FUD keeps being announced and Elon and Musk keep posting negative views on BTC and crypto in general.

I would say its 50/50 we topped. Hope you guys took some partial profits along the way.
Activity: 115
Merit: 16
I would love to today!  I actually have a few dollars in the account that I could go ahead and pick one up if I did win!!  I will be sad if I make it to 50 tried with nothing. 

A few weeks ago I alluded to buying a lego set for my son, that I knew I would be going up against bots for.  The bots clean out lego supply in minutes, and then you find all the legos on ebay for 3x the price the next day (sound familiar?)

So they released a special R2-D2 set, 2300 pieces, and I made sure I was online, card in hand, ready to go at midnight when it released.  As soon as it hit midnight, the site slowed to a crawl.  Everything was super slow in responding.  I managed to get my order in, and paid for, and as soon as that was done (now 12:03am) the site said you could "backorder" the kit.  3 minutes after that, the site declared them sold out.  I couldn't believe, and didn't believe it, until the package was on my doorstep.  It was a bit of a rush fighting for it!  I hope to feel that rush on a graphics card someday LOL

legendary
right?  I didn't even realize I had it.  I built that computer 4 years ago, and a co-worker just gave me a list of stuff to buy.  I didn't know anything about mining, I just needed it for work stuff.  The fan on my PSU died last week, and when I cracked the case open to replace it, I was like "hey, I have a video card in here!!" I had to scroll scroll scroll way down the list on whattomine.com to find it, but lo and behold, I can get 5 MH/s on Ravencoin with it LOL. 

Your luck has changed you are hitting the shuffle today.
right?  I didn't even realize I had it.  I built that computer 4 years ago, and a co-worker just gave me a list of stuff to buy.  I didn't know anything about mining, I just needed it for work stuff.  The fan on my PSU died last week, and when I cracked the case open to replace it, I was like "hey, I have a video card in here!!" I had to scroll scroll scroll way down the list on whattomine.com to find it, but lo and behold, I can get 5 MH/s on Ravencoin with it LOL. 

Activity: 478
Merit: 125
I think we're going to start seeing hard drives next on the Shuffle.  Those are the latest-and-greatest-missing-from-shelves item. 

Side note, I realized I have a "barely a gpu" gpu in my desktop at home - a 1050 ti.  It's now adding 7 or 8 Ravencoins to my tiny stash each day. 

Bout time it got put to work! lol
legendary
a good shuffle a lot of 3080 cards
I think we're going to start seeing hard drives next on the Shuffle.  Those are the latest-and-greatest-missing-from-shelves item. 

Side note, I realized I have a "barely a gpu" gpu in my desktop at home - a 1050 ti.  It's now adding 7 or 8 Ravencoins to my tiny stash each day. 
legendary
So the 3060 gear is grinding away at 36-37 mh and 104 watts

Moved it up to Clifton farm as it will get too hot in the house.

The gpu room is wonderful not that hot and not that loud.

We will be adding 2 rigs next week

a 2x 3090 rig  this is  close to 225 mh
and a 2x 3070 , 1x 3080. about 212 mh

that will be 437mh

We have 3x 30 amp 240 volt circuits this will allow for about 12k-13k
we will be adding 3x 30 amp 240 volt circuits this will boost to 24k-26k

We can go to 50k down the road.

This room may be mixed with our L3+ if the asic room gets too hot this summer. we are doing 115k in that room.

Biggest issue is lack of gpus and high priced asics.

Yesterday no shuffles
I have a  suspicion that newegg is turning over to LHR nvidia gear. So be careful about  winning and buying a nvidia gpu.

What else
I have 2 Alienware pcs coming from dell with 3060ti's due June 1 and June 7 > not sure if this will be nerfed or 1 good 1 bad
I have 1 omen pc coming from Best Buy  with 3060ti due may 27 > I think this will be a full hasher
I have 1 hp pavilion coming from hp.com with a 3060ti due June 10 > not sure if this will be nerfed

So 240mh or maybe a lot less.
legendary
okay lolminer 129 and the nerfed 3060 have been improved from 25 mh to 37 mh

SMOS

At

core
ram

watts

gives me 36mh. cool and quiet

watts can drop to
100 and hash drops to 34

it has become an okay card

SimpleMining images update and new naming:
- From now every new image contains a unique ordinal number in file name for better image identification and for troubleshooting purposes. This uniqe number is also visible in dashboard in rig details as addition to kernel version after hash character - only for images containing such number)
- All actual images (stable, beta and few other for advanced users) are standardized with all latest changes (faster AMD driver loading during startup / fixed blank screen on NVIDIA rig running with default email / fixed entering emergency mode after startup in some rare causes)
- SM-i001-5.4.105-1-a20.40-n460.56 - official stable image with all AMD and NVIDIA GPUs support (except AMD RX 6700)
- SM-i002-5.4.107-6-a20.40-n465.24.02 - beta support for AMD RX 6700)
Below images are available only via Advanced Commands as reflashOS command:
- SM-i003-5.4.105-1-a20.30-n460.56 (for users that needs older AMD libraries 20.30 for some reasons)
- SM-i004-5.4.105-1-a18.20-n430.40 (for users that needs older AMD library 18.20 or NVIDIA driver 430.40 for some reasons)
- SM-i005-5.4.105-1-a20.30-n460.56-Radeon-VII (boost for Radeon VII with even 105 MH)
- SM-i006-5.4.107-6-a20.40-n460.39-RTX3060 (unlock hashrate for NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPUs with lolMiner 1.29)
legendary
Be careful with those screen shots Phil. I just had my SIM card ported and my email/coinbase account passwords reset. Coinbase's default 2FA authentication goes to your phone and your email is security is also garbage if its 2FA is also your phone. I guess they upgraded my coinbase (which was basically unused) to coinbase pro and I guess that gave them instant access to all crypto on the account.  Drained my bank account to coinbase and transferred it out to their address in less than 30 minutes...

coinbase can use yubikeys now. and trezors can be configured as yubikeys as backup.

highly recommended. nothing moves off exchange without the yubikey.

yeah I have an unopened trezor model t maybe I will do that.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Be careful with those screen shots Phil. I just had my SIM card ported and my email/coinbase account passwords reset. Coinbase's default 2FA authentication goes to your phone and your email is security is also garbage if its 2FA is also your phone. I guess they upgraded my coinbase (which was basically unused) to coinbase pro and I guess that gave them instant access to all crypto on the account.  Drained my bank account to coinbase and transferred it out to their address in less than 30 minutes...

coinbase can use yubikeys now. and trezors can be configured as yubikeys as backup.

highly recommended. nothing moves off exchange without the yubikey.

ok LOL.  I have along ways to go then before I need to worry about moving anything around
 ;-)

legendary
At what dollar amount, or (any) coin amount, do you guys typically offload your earnings to a cold storage device? 

okay lets say you have,

1) hard wallet

2) coinbase

3) paypal

4) bank account

the hard wallet is not linked to anything

it should have 50% or more of your crypto holdings.

2,3,4 can be mixed any which way.

so if the crypto funds are 10000usd

5000usd of coin in a hard wallet

5000usd mixed coins and cash at paypal coinbase bank

obvious you could have more exchanges then coinbase.

the numbers are a suggestion and could vary.

Pages:
Jump to: