Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 148. (Read 66171 times)

Activity: 610
Merit: 265
Finally the Vegas are on SMOS (Vega version)...

Any suggestions on how to further optimize watts and hash?

8 x Vega64 / 300MHs / 37.xxMHs per card

I can push memory higher to 1100 to achieve 44Mhs per card
but I am worried about overall watts consumed by this rig
currently just under 1300watts.

The Vegas have Samsung memory.
PSU is 2400w Delta.

I haven't experiment with eliovp's auto-mem utility and rxboost.

*** eliovp, tytanick - if you guys are reading this post, please advise.

Curious how the power delivery works for this mobo.

Is it just 8x 6pin input from PSU, then 8x 6pin output from mobo, which goes into a splitter and then into the Vegas?
Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Why don't you mine Monero? It's more profitable for Vegas than ETH. I can give you the configuration for CNR mining with Vegas. ~2300h/s with 1407 core, 1075 memory at 862mV.

I was mining Monero prior to moving the Vega rigs from Windows to VEGA.

With BTC moving up aggressively...... any alts at the moment will have a bad day against BTC in terms of ratio.

Moving my non-SHA256 rigs to Nicehash will boost my BTC accumulation faster, because with mining diff is so high for most of the top coins, I rather give my hash for rent at Nicehash and collect BTC.

Thanks for the CNR settings, I will experiment on the settings this weekend.

I forgot to mention I'm mining Monero on Nicehash Smiley) So I get BTC.
Just experimented Vegas on CNR with same config but with 850mV and it's working stable since 40 hours on 25 Vegas with the new TeamRedMiner v0.5.5.
For amdmemorytweak I'm using: amdmemorytweak --rp 12 --rc 44 --rfc 250 --rrds 3 --rrdl 3 --rcdrd 12 --rcdwr 5 --CL 19 --RAS 28 --REF 15600

whats your clocks settings at? still 1407 core, 1075 memory at 850mV ?
Yes.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Why don't you mine Monero? It's more profitable for Vegas than ETH. I can give you the configuration for CNR mining with Vegas. ~2300h/s with 1407 core, 1075 memory at 862mV.

With BTC moving up aggressively...... any alts at the moment will have a bad day against BTC in terms of ratio.

Moving my non-SHA256 rigs to Nicehash will boost my BTC accumulation faster, because with mining diff is so high for most of the top coins, I rather give my hash for rent at Nicehash and collect BTC.

Just experimented Vegas on CNR with same config but with 850mV and it's working stable since 40 hours on 25 Vegas with the new TeamRedMiner v0.5.5.
For amdmemorytweak I'm using: amdmemorytweak --rp 12 --rc 44 --rfc 250 --rrds 3 --rrdl 3 --rcdrd 12 --rcdwr 5 --CL 19 --RAS 28 --REF 15600

whats your clocks settings at? still 1407 core, 1075 memory at 850mV ?

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Nice setup, I had a rig a few years back that was nothing but 5x R9 290 all sitting in close proximity to one another. Kind of like your setup. And with the bad cooling in the reference design, I assumed that they would all overheat except the card in front but surprisingly they ran pretty well.

This was mining ETH which if I recall used maybe 250 Watts per GPU, so the heat was obviously much higher than yours, I believe it ran at 80C or so. The fans were running crazy loud but they never had any stability problems or overheats ever. The fans also never died on them.

Had to shut the rig down because as the DAG grew the R9 290 gpus started to slow down after each Epoch, eventually it ran less than 15MH/s using similiar wattage as before and I just shut it down.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Any suggestions on how to further optimize watts and hash?

8 x Vega64 / 300MHs / 37.xxMHs per card

I can push memory higher to 1100 to achieve 44Mhs per card
but I am worried about overall watts consumed by this rig
currently just under 1300watts.

The Vegas have Samsung memory.
PSU is 2400w Delta.

I haven't experiment with eliovp's auto-mem utility and rxboost.

*** eliovp, tytanick - if you guys are reading this post, please advise.

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'

Lotta batteries or grid-tie needed for that - but they're pretty close to the BIG wind farm area west of Mojave so there should be plenty of powerline infrastructure nearby.
Arizona would make more sense though - more sunlike more of the year round, 70% is less than what I see in Central Washington!

10-13 mega watts daily is most likely wrong number..

An acre is about 300 panels

Say top of the line it is 400 watts. Older cheap it is 200 watts a panel average panel is 300

So 400 x 300 is  120kwatts hourly x 50 for easy math is 6000 kwatts  hourly

That’s a sunny spot  so use 6 factor.  So 36000 kwatts  which is 36 megawatts a day with top of the line panels

And 18 megawatts a day with cheaper panels.

So spilt to 1 megawatt 24/7/365

Which is 800 kwatts with safety factor of 80%

So if all s17s. 800/2.2 = 360 units   X 50th = 18ph a day.

So. 18000 x 0.000032 =     0.5778     BTC a day

About 6700 a day.

2,430,000 a year

Not that impressed since it was 22,000,000 to build.  Which is 1/3 less after rebate.

14.74 million cost for the solar.  And the miners may be legally rolled into it.

First year 2,430,000 back maybe less due to diff and price moves maybe more.

I used to earn 1 btc a day back in 2012 using 8kwatts  hourly.

Vs 800kwatts hourly to earn 0.5778 coins now.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Lotta batteries or grid-tie needed for that - but they're pretty close to the BIG wind farm area west of Mojave so there should be plenty of powerline infrastructure nearby.
Arizona would make more sense though - more sunlike more of the year round, 70% is less than what I see in Central Washington!
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
it was faulty usb cable thx everyone,sry for spammiing your thread phill Smiley
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Anyone had a problem with gpu that works on 50% core clock instead 100%,in this case instead working on 1600mhz it works on 800?faulty gpu or something else?

at first notion;  it sounds like a damaged gpu; but even a driver can cause this type of problem....  might wanna open up a thread about it....

I had a similar problem, I didn't believe it, but it was a faulty USB cable from the riser...

This is why I make it a habit to replace the whole riser kit.  You never know what part could actually be faulty.
legendary
Bad riser
Bad usb cable
Bad pcie cable
Bad psu
Bad GPUs

Or bad driver.

Can be any of the above.

Its funny you bring up the bad usb cable. Because I had a large amount of risers which were getting issues and basically due to sheer luck I determined it wasn't the risers but it was the USB 3.0 cable.

The cable wasn't bad but what was bad was actually the pins inside the cable. Basically they were very bad quality and when you connected and disconnected them more than 2-3 times in their lifetime, the pins would bend and stay in place and they wouldn't make any contact.

The fix was easy, just take a small paperclip and bend the pins back and they would be functional probably forever. But its pretty crazy how bad the build quality is of some of these chinese products which break when you connect it and disconnect it a few times. This would never happen to any Apple quality USB cable probably after 1000 cycles.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
Bad riser
Bad usb cable
Bad pcie cable
Bad psu
Bad GPUs

Or bad driver.

Can be any of the above.
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
Anyone had a problem with gpu that works on 50% core clock instead 100%,in this case instead working on 1600mhz it works on 800?faulty gpu or something else?

at first notion;  it sounds like a damaged gpu; but even a driver can cause this type of problem....  might wanna open up a thread about it....

I had a similar problem, I didn't believe it, but it was a faulty USB cable from the riser...
legendary

I had this issue before. I think in worst case its a damaged GPU.

Mine issue was either driver related. Basically had to use DDU and reinstall everything from scratch, even MSI Afterburner. This solved the issues.

Another time I had this was when I had a bad riser and it was annoying because it took me forever to diagnose it.

What you should do is put it in a regular x16 slot and run some Game benchmark using the latest AMD drivers with the stock bios and see if you can get it to work at the stock clock, if it fails this... then its a damaged GPU. However its most likely some driver issue or bad riser in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

Activity: 224
Merit: 18
legendary

Yes this was actually introduced during the conference back in May. From what I recall it added fire to the already crazy bull-run we had back in May.

Good that you posted this because at the time, the app was only available to reporters and other testing personnel.  But right now it looks like you can actually use it if you got a iPhone.

Reading the reviews on the app store, they are mostly mixed. Basically people either rate it a 5 or a 1. Will download it and see if its any good and hopefully won't be any issues while trying to actually use it to pay.

Wouldn't just using the Coinbase VISA card accomplish the same thing? Maybe fees higher, and you'd need a physical card, but otherwise isn't it essentially the same?

In my opinion the Coinbase VISA card is/was better than the Spedn because you could spend it anywhere that Visa is accepted and its practically almost everywhere in the world.

Since I am not from the USA, I had a Bitpay Visa card for a few months before it was cancelled by Visa for regulations. The card worked in most places however the fees weren't worth it. 1-2% here or there for small purchases is not bad but it would start to add up. So you were better off just withdrawing your fiat from an exchange into your bank account. Just use your regular visa and let the merchant worry about the fees.

The Spedn will probably eliminate those fees and hopefully the middleman (which is Gemini in this case) won't be charging a huge spread. We won't know until we use it. Might be a game changer, might not.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Wouldn't just using the Coinbase VISA card accomplish the same thing? Maybe fees higher, and you'd need a physical card, but otherwise isn't it essentially the same?

The shift card service was cancelled a month or two ago.

They are most-likely working to form a new scheme for having the service.

I will admit;  the market-rate zero-fee purchases with the original shift card were superb.

I literally lived off mining profits for over a year using it.

I use TenX VISA Debit card - works like a charm....
Jump to: