Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 151. (Read 66172 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 13
Found this thing on Amazon UK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Codegen-600mm-4U-Rack-Mount/dp/B008IB9TFA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=codegen+4u&qid=1561375860&s=gateway&sr=8-1

How much modding would you think is necessary to accomodate 6 GPUs? It's ATX compatible, if the front bays are removable (looks like they should be) one can just stick 120mm fans in there. I suppose the only thing would be a transversal bar to fix the GPUs at the front (and maybe a second underneath to support them on the risers)?

That looks a lot like the Rosewill case. There is a mining version of it:

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Rackmount-Solution-Building-Ethereum/dp/B074F4CXJX

I use the old 4U Rosewill cases for some of my miners along with custom aluminum frame to support the GPUs and fans (front exhaust). I will try to dig up a link for the guy who makes them.

EDIT:
Here is that link for the drop in bracket for the Rosewill case:

http://spotswoodcomputercases.com/wp/?page_id=9176
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Codegen-600mm-4U-Rack-Mount/dp/B008IB9TFA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=codegen+4u&qid=1561375860&s=gateway&sr=8-1

How much modding would you think is necessary to accomodate 6 GPUs? It's ATX compatible, if the front bays are removable (looks like they should be) one can just stick 120mm fans in there. I suppose the only thing would be a transversal bar to fix the GPUs at the front (and maybe a second underneath to support them on the risers)?

looks like one support bar is there

and you can use a strip of wood for case bottom to hold risers

https://www.lowes.com/pd/3-5-in-x-8-ft-Pine-Wood-Square-Moulding/1000444023

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
No idea if you guys trade on Bitmex but the funding rate for longs is crazy high at 0.28% per 8 hours. Last time it was this high was during the 2017 FOMO rally.

The Dec 2019 futures is at $11500, so a $750 premium while the Sept 2019 futures is $11325, so a $575 premium. People are paying crazy amounts to buy Bitcoin.

So if you are patient you can sell a Sept/Dec futures contract and reap the benefit, just will need to wait until either the contract expires or the premium goes down.
You can also abuse that fact and profit on it,a lot of people are closing out their positions to avoid funding fee so just wait and enter long with high leverage 2-3 minutes before funding(set your buy price on close support wall,they are high chances it will hit it)Depending on the funding rate there are 50-150$ pumps right after

Yes this has been happening for the last month or so. When the long funding rate is very high, usually right before the funding the longs close their position, so price goes down, and right after the funding the shorts close their position to collect the funding and close their trade.

You could trade this with a 80% success rate if you did it on another exchange, however it seems that the market makers know people are doing this and they are trapping traders this way.

I tried this a few times and made some decent money in a few seconds but the last few times I tried it, it didn't work as expected. With the crazy 0.2965% rate we got hitting in about 2 hours, I am pretty sure the strategy will work.

Sell right before 2PM MST, and buy exactly at 2PM MST using either the futures or some other exchange.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
No idea if you guys trade on Bitmex but the funding rate for longs is crazy high at 0.28% per 8 hours. Last time it was this high was during the 2017 FOMO rally.

The Dec 2019 futures is at $11500, so a $750 premium while the Sept 2019 futures is $11325, so a $575 premium. People are paying crazy amounts to buy Bitcoin.

So if you are patient you can sell a Sept/Dec futures contract and reap the benefit, just will need to wait until either the contract expires or the premium goes down.
You can also abuse that fact and profit on it,a lot of people are closing out their positions to avoid funding fee so just wait and enter long with high leverage 2-3 minutes before funding(set your buy price on close support wall,they are high chances it will hit it)Depending on the funding rate there are 50-150$ pumps right after
legendary

legendary
Reminds me of the good ol' internet boom (and burst of the bubble).
A broker I worked with told me about his own indicator: when the same story made the front page of the top three US magazines, it was time to sell it! Grin

I don't think we're anywhere near that yet.

BTC at 20000 in 2017   mining with an s-9  made 45 a day -  1400 watts of power

BTC at 9700 in 2019   mining with an s-9 makes 4.40 - power better yet   mining with an m20s it makes 22.34 a day - 3365 watts of power

we are simply not close to 2017

But we are back to s-9s that turn a profit at 14 cent power

yup.. i think we are not near yet...but take a little profit (just a little..) to celebrate the return of bull market and treat yourselves for enduring that bear market Grin

BTC @ 20k$, ETH @500$ and ill be taking a well deserved holiday Cheesy (Canuck bucks)
sadly i fear we will have dumps all the way up as the "normies" cut their losses from high buy ins last bubble there : / 

and people who mined and bought in the bear market who will think they'll have a second shot at hitting the previous highs (like in 2017).....but what if it turned out to be the new lows or bottom--a price never to be visited again  Grin

As long as we stay over 8k I will do very well.
In a way the delay to get gear helps me not over invest in gear.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
A broker I worked with told me about his own indicator: when the same story made the front page of the top three US magazines, it was time to sell it! Grin

BTC at 9700 in 2019   mining with an s-9 makes 4.40 - power better yet   mining with an m20s it makes 22.34 a day - 3365 watts of power

yup.. i think we are not near yet...but take a little profit (just a little..) to celebrate the return of bull market and treat yourselves for enduring that bear market Grin

BTC @ 20k$, ETH @500$ and ill be taking a well deserved holiday Cheesy (Canuck bucks)
sadly i fear we will have dumps all the way up as the "normies" cut their losses from high buy ins last bubble there : / 

and people who mined and bought in the bear market who will think they'll have a second shot at hitting the previous highs (like in 2017).....but what if it turned out to be the new lows or bottom--a price never to be visited again  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

I watched the market as the volumes went by today.....   a LOT of BTC was transacted...

The next few weeks will be curious for sure.. not to mention the last few days.

LTC still going up;  and Im curious at how the rest of the altcoins are going to fare.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

legendary

legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

On another note, do you know where I can source cheap 4U GPU mining cases in the UK? All I can see out there is either Alibaba-stuff costing a fortune to ship from China or cases that cost £150+. I was hoping to be able to find stuff relatively locally for around £100...

I found a very useful pm or two I got from Willj7 a few months ago Smiley
Those Rosewill cases sure look good. Shame they don't seem to get distributed here in the UK.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Whenever Bitcoin's price is mentioned in the news, it's near a peak or ATH and will fall again. Normies always buy in when they hear its popular and swear off crypto when it drops. When will they learn.

I told everyone I knew with a vested interest in BTC to sell on 19th December 2017. That call was based on observing critical mass in mainstream media. Specifically, a local newspaper (the printed kind) had a half-page ad for a seminar at the local lawn bowling club on; 'what is' / 'how to buy' bitcoin. I knew then that it was only down from there because we were already at the 'tech-illiterate' end of saturation. Or, 'Normies' as you say.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
sold a small amount of BTC to start buying lows;  sold at 9275 on the rise to the first peak of ~9340....  let's see if I was right.  I have a "panic-sell" buy order placed in the 7K range.   Kind-of a hedge.

I didn't want to transfer cash into coinbase.... every bit of crypto I have held in coinbase was gained at no expense of mine, maybe a little effort.... but for the most part, it's all something i can afford to loose....  So selling that initial amount of BTC out of the bankroll hurts;  knowing the eventual price I believe it will end up as.

In the past;  I have always had urges to sell; and ignored them (good self-control) but each urge would have netted me a LOT of profit.

Chose to obey that urge for once on 0.005;  so not an unsubstantial risk, but not substantial either. (using 10% of what I have on coinbase as liquid....)   I have paper wallets that contain unknown amounts as of this point.   I want that to be a future surprise.

contemplating selling my LTC right now....   not sure though TBH.... price could go wither way;  but I have a feeling whales are gonna try and pounce soon.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
For the first time ever while driving Cryptocurrencies were mentioned on the radio.

I drive alot and back in 2017 I would think when BTC broke $10K that they would mention it but it was never meantioned.

Then today while listening they talked about the Facebook coin and how its called Libra and how its a cryptocurrency.

So it seems that this Facebook coin can be the 2019 equivalent of the 2017 Bitcoin futures which pushed BTC close to $20K.

I'm still thinking of many ways to hide from people if BTC goes ape shit..normies always want to buy the top.

Whenever Bitcoin's price is mentioned in the news, it's near a peak or ATH and will fall again. Normies always buy in when they hear its popular and swear off crypto when it drops. When will they learn.
legendary
For the first time ever while driving Cryptocurrencies were mentioned on the radio.

I drive alot and back in 2017 I would think when BTC broke $10K that they would mention it but it was never meantioned.

Then today while listening they talked about the Facebook coin and how its called Libra and how its a cryptocurrency.

So it seems that this Facebook coin can be the 2019 equivalent of the 2017 Bitcoin futures which pushed BTC close to $20K.

I'm still thinking of many ways to hide from people if BTC goes ape shit..normies always want to buy the top.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
I wish the news would at least mention the existence of other cryptos besides bitcoin.
Activity: 72
Merit: 11

I remember Bitcoin being mentioned several times on the radio back when BTC was around 12K to 18K. Usually in news, sometimes in talkshows. Around North Texas.
legendary

Jump to: