Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 152. (Read 66174 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
snip
Why are you hodling Doge? Just curious.

Simple

I mine ltc and I get free doge.

So it costs me nothing it is basically free.

So if I hold it the up side is very big with no real downside.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
legendary
Where was this optimism in jan 2017 when eth was 6 $ and btc ~ 600-1k ?

I was expanding my mining at that time.

As I believed it was under priced.

I have gone with many cycles of expansion and contraction. With some consolidation periods.

Right now Eth  is not on my radar.

I am focused on BTC and LTC  with  some grin to LTC conversion. 
Some Raven Hodl
Some BCI staked
Some Doge Hodl.

If you think of 20000 k for btc in dec of 2017 as the max

Diff was 1.4 trill
And the s-9 did 100 watts a th

now diff is  7.4 trill
and the s-17 does 40 watts a th.

so 20k to 9k  is not a true reflection of price.

20k to 42k  would mean we are at the hot ness level of dec 2017.  I don't see us going to that.

but back to 20k  by april of 2020 seems pretty certain.  as the ½ ing pressure will be there.
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
Where was this optimism in jan 2017 when eth was 6 $ and btc ~ 600-1k ?
legendary
I can’t believe you guys really think btc will hit 30k , halving or not that’s crazy even so that’s only a x3  from now

20k  would be a push  once you figure in  the ½ ing.  So to think 20k next april is not a big deal.

30k sustained would be very good if true 1 year from today.

I am pretty sure of the 20k next april

I am not so sure of the 30k sustained next June/July.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I can’t believe you guys really think btc will hit 30k , halving or not that’s crazy even so that’s only a x3  from now

Well hitting $30K is one thing and quite easy to achieve, especially how fast BTC has advanced in the past. However holding and trading above $30K is a different story.

People say that BTC went to $20K, but it actually never hit $20K, in fact it was only above $19K for about 3 days and it was above $18K for 3 days and a few hours. It was above $17K for about 7 days. How many people do you think sold at those prices? Not many.

It seems that after $10K breaks, if it breaks then a retail FOMO rally will start and it might be a repeat of 2017.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I can’t believe you guys really think btc will hit 30k , halving or not that’s crazy even so that’s only a x3  from now

I think 30k is an eventuality. But it will probably take longer than April 2020. Maybe 2022.

I just can't see a cycle term shorter than 4-5 years. Dec 2017 being the peak, Mid-late 2022 should be long enough for greedy hands to forget what was and be blinded by media hype.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
 But I do think we get to 20-30 k before April 2020.

Yeah, I'm not touching my BTC until after the halving.
In fact, I'm dumping alts for it as they have good run-ups.

My biggest burn is holding 20% ZEN earned from a bunch of Z9-mini. I remember throughout 2017 this alt was 0.004 BTC per ZEN.
Right now it's 0.00114 BTC @_@.
legendary
2017  we crested over 1 trillion.
So  do I think we go to 1 trillion maybe by next spring.

I distinctly remember not hitting 1 trill. I recall a high at a touch over 800bn.

I think I saw it on  one site.

Remember that would be every coin and they may have had a longer listing of shit coins.

Edit:

I checked so far I found 813 billion as peak.

Even if you are correct. And we,peaked at 800 billion I think we may not get there as I think Btc peaks next spring over 20k but under 30k

Which if we get to 28k means btc total value would be close to 450 billion.

Still pretty good numbers.

This year may be like 2016 was good but not great.
And next year may be short of 2017.

It you value btc back to 2017 at 20 k and we are at 9.3k

Gear is 2x better so coins drop to 4.65k. But diff is edit 9 to 5 fold so 41k btc right now is the same as 20k btc was.

Add in the 1/2 next year and we need to be close to 82k in btc to match dec 2017.

I do not think it happens. Let me check on my 9 fold number as my memory can suck

This is better

We were are 1.4 trill in dec 2017 we are at 7.4 trill now. So devide the 7.4 by a factor of 2 you get 3.7

So a guy with an s17 finds getting a coin 3.7/1.4 = 2.6 times harder then a guy with an s9 did in dec of 2017. Per th of of hash.

So to be equal to the all time high of 20k we need to be at 52 k

In terms of a miner.  We are at 9.3 k.  Which is why I think we will not reach the heights of profit we were doing in 2017.  But I do think we get to 20-30 k before April 2020.
Activity: 73
Merit: 2
Summer time is upon us here in the PNW. So far only like 2 days of 90f temperature for this month. Still kinda cool at night but its been non stop sunny these past 2 weeks. So far the mild temperatures is letting me run my little farm inside my tent but those days are numbered. The resurgence of crypto has been great. We have recovered past the 2018 bottom point. The price going up has made it more difficult for me to stop mining. I'm actually hoping prices don't go up too fast and stabilize for a longer duration but I will be happy either way. I think crypto is here to stay and feeling high about it.
2017  we crested over 1 trillion.
So  do I think we go to 1 trillion maybe by next spring.

I distinctly remember not hitting 1 trill. I recall a high at a touch over 800bn.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Hmm so ppl expect ltc to go up with the halving?
I think it's mostly baked into the price by now already... But yeah, this might have helped the move we saw thus far. Whether it'll end up making a big difference in the grand scheme of things?... Meh.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Hmm so ppl expect ltc to go up with the halving?
I have been stocking up on Veil since the first day i.e. Jan 2nd. Got a sizable stack now but the damn thing still won't fly. I'm just gonna play the long-term game with that one, the staking is just too good to ignore once you've got a decent amount.
legendary
Only the top coins are doing well, I'm holding a lot of low cap coins from mining that are completely dead or nearly worthless.

Surprised at grin but I still expect it to go back under 30k satoshis again.

I have been cashing grin into ltc .  I finally am at the point that I should have held all the grin rather then buy the LTC.  But I am more confident in LTC than grin.

So I will continue to convert my grin into LTC and then hold.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
Only the top coins are doing well, I'm holding a lot of low cap coins from mining that are completely dead or nearly worthless.

Surprised at grin but I still expect it to go back under 30k satoshis again.
There are a lot more coins now however, which means that either they will all (or many) go up less than in 2017 to reach the same mkt cap... Or many useless coins and tokens will just not rise... And die off.
legendary
grin is pushing 5.95 usd.

nice
...and above $6 now. I wanted to say "finally" too, lol Grin

Good run in crypto in general lately. BTC has broken 9K ("it's over 9000!!"), which hopefully means we're up for more upside.

Phil, you've called a few good selling points in the past... what is your opinion on this run?

It will be good.

Not as good as 2017, but good.

right now  all coins are about 250 billion

2017  we crested over 1 trillion.

So  do I think we go to 1 trillion maybe by next spring.

we have 2 major ½ ing LTC in 2 months  then BTC in 10 mobntjs
grin is pushing 5.95 usd.

nice
...and above $6 now. I wanted to say "finally" too, lol Grin

Good run in crypto in general lately. BTC has broken 9K ("it's over 9000!!"), which hopefully means we're up for more upside.

Phil, you've called a few good selling points in the past... what is your opinion on this run?
Jump to: