Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 4. (Read 66172 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
not sure if coinbase has an upper limit as to how many you can register.
okay I have 2 yubi sticks but only did one.
I will look into doing the second stick right now.
A two second google surfing showed that you can link up to 5 YubiKey tokens to your account.

The only thing I would add to the backup security key is a sealed CSV file + non-combustible paper. Btw, a couple of years ago, I also had a homemade security key on my keychain in one copy (but for a PC) and this gave me a lot of trouble since the password entry option was disabled, (a little nostalgia).

Did second key.

Now back to tracfone to try for my phone number  restoration.

And they said try in another day but I got a direct phone number which should help the wait.

edit number 1:

My 2x pny are now hooked up 93 and 94 = 187 mh the rig pulls 447 watts at the wall.

edit  I gave myself my 4000th merit with an alt , as I wanted to see the 4000 and not get it broken  by some one giving 2 merits  4000 Grin

Your cards run way cooler than mine, here are my cards:

would a 10% drop in power result in a 15C decrease? I will try. My cards are made by Gigabyte, but they say nvidia for some reason.

what did you set your ram to? and are you using simple mining t-rex
I am
simple mining
t-rex intensity of 20
core = -20
ram = 1950
power is 217

I am doing 98.95 mh
I am pulling 216 w each card and 473 watts for the rig.  197.92 mh

temps are 69c and fans are 86%

playing with settings.

I will end up getting 2 more a5000's by Monday.
core of
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
A two second google surfing showed that you can link up to 5 YubiKey tokens to your account.

The only thing I would add to the backup security key is a sealed CSV file + non-combustible paper. Btw, a couple of years ago, I also had a homemade security key on my keychain in one copy (but for a PC) and this gave me a lot of trouble since the password entry option was disabled, (a little nostalgia).

Did second key.

And they said try in another day but I got a direct phone number which should help the wait.

edit number 1:

My 2x pny are now hooked up 93 and 94 = 187 mh the rig pulls 447 watts at the wall.

edit  I gave myself my 4000th merit with an alt , as I wanted to see the 4000 and not get it broken  by some one giving 2 merits  4000 Grin

Your cards run way cooler than mine, here are my cards:

would a 10% drop in power result in a 15C decrease? I will try. My cards are made by Gigabyte, but they say nvidia for some reason.
legendary

Did second key.

edit number 1:

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️

legendary
So two updates.
All funds are safe.

Thanks good to hear

Oh back to mining.

I got 4 PNY a2000 cards on Monday they do 37-38 mh at 66 watts and fan of 70% pretty much the most efficient gpu on the market.

Are you running these on risers or plugged into the motherboard.  Just wondering since they are powered by the pcie slot.
Also, how are the temps for gpu and memory?  I'm assuming these are the 6gb cards.   they have 12gb a2000 cards also, but they're 50% more expensive.

I have three of them ordered with an eta for today, but i haven't received an update for them yet.  Huh

They are in a better quality mobo slot.

they are the 6gb cards

smos does not give a ram temp

the gpu temps are 68 with fan at 70% in an 85f room.

the yubi is better you need the key and can not fake it (we hope)

ive had coinbase protected by yubikeys for years. so far so good. but afaik no one has ever tried to hack it either.

make sure you have at least two set up.. one as a backup if one is lost/dies. you can register several. not sure if coinbase has an upper limit as to how many you can register.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
So two updates.
All funds are safe.

Thanks good to hear

Oh back to mining.

I got 4 PNY a2000 cards on Monday they do 37-38 mh at 66 watts and fan of 70% pretty much the most efficient gpu on the market.

Are you running these on risers or plugged into the motherboard.  Just wondering since they are powered by the pcie slot.
Also, how are the temps for gpu and memory?  I'm assuming these are the 6gb cards.   they have 12gb a2000 cards also, but they're 50% more expensive.

I have three of them ordered with an eta for today, but i haven't received an update for them yet.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

ive had coinbase protected by yubikeys for years. so far so good. but afaik no one has ever tried to hack it either.

make sure you have at least two set up.. one as a backup if one is lost/dies. you can register several. not sure if coinbase has an upper limit as to how many you can register.

legendary
So two updates.
All funds are safe.
the illegally ported cell phone number is not yet returned to me.

One of the nicer women working on tracfones service line told me they had a record number of illegal portings.

I will need to try every other day for up to 2 weeks before I get the number back.
It was wrongly ported on Dec 21 it is now dec 29

I hope to get the number back by Jan 3-5

I have one online account that I can not get into.
I won't mention what it is but the recovery setup if your cell phone number is not accessible is to lock the account for 10-15 business days.

I can still get into this account via phone access ie calling and talking to a person.
This account needs to have info added to it at the beginning of each and every month.
So I will call this account on Jan 3-5 and talk to a rep and add december info to it.

If my cell is not recovered I keep doin this each month until I recover the cell.

I can't begin to explain how angry I am at this particular company for the way they set up security.

Oh back to mining.

Back to  my 36 card order of pny a2000 cards
delays delays delays delays delays
Nov 18
Nov 30
Dec 17
Jan 5
March 7

a really stupid set of delays. but the saving grace is that it is on a CC and the CC has a Pending charge no an actual charge of 20,188

If I choose I can cancel and I am not being required to pay. yeah 20,188 of credit line is frozen but I have other credit sources.

I am getting 2x PNY A5000 cards today.

I will set them up and get back to the thread.
legendary
I had cellphone a for the coinbase password recovery.

I had cellphone b unknown to all with the microsoft auth.

cell phone a was ported
password was changed as cell phone allowed for that

but email and funds need the microsoft auth on cell phone b

after this attack. I went with a different setup for safety and no longer have 35k on coinbase.

I was prepping to pay for

36x pny  a2000
2x pny    a5000
2x 12 card cases
4x pny  a2000

thus funds were on the trigger.

Busy running around and was in New York when hack happened took me 3 1/ hours to get back to my home to recover coinbase.

everyone with coin base should look ar this on their accounts you can see if someone is trying to sign in.

https://www.coinbase.com/settings/account_activity

signout session   web   198.54.133.76   United States   5 days ago
password reset completed   web   198.54.133.76   United States   5 days ago
password reset requested   web   198.54.133.76   United States   5 days ago

signin failure   api   187.11.158.232   Brazil   7 days ago
signin failure   api   187.11.158.232   Brazil   7 days ago

they first came at it from Brazil

and got in from usa

notice the six signouts

each one means they tried guessing the microsoft 6 digit code  2 times as 3 misses lock you out.

so 6 x 2 was 12 shots at 1,000,000 to 1 and by by coins.

the 1,000,000 to one is the random 6 digit microsoft app

given more time they may have grabbed the coins.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Okay first off merry christmas.🎁 and hopefully 🙏 happy new years.

Second off
I am finally getting some pny a2000 gpus this monday
and a few pny a5000 gpus this weds.

the rig will have 4x a2000 and 2x 5000 doing about 360mh

I also am waiting on 36 more a2000 and 3x l7

2021 was a good year. no a great year.

Now the bad news my bro in law is fully demented had a stroke and is diagnosed with dementia. he will not be getting better and may last for five to six years in diminished mental state.

it has been hard for my wife and I since dec 2019 she got sick and took until june 2021 to fully recover from covid. then her bro had the stroke in july 2021. so someone or someone else
 has been sick for just about two years.

I dont wish bad health on anyone it sucks.

and more good news my coinbase account with 35k in it along with my cellphone were hacked.

but I had a second hidden phone with microsoft auth a nd the mofos got nothing.

i have been working to restore the cell that was ported illegally from me.

since dec 21 maybe on the 27th i will get it back.

So make sure you take care of your coins.

I need to thank someone here on this very thread for asking me if I had google auth or mircosoft auth vs sms text

if i did not listen to that person I would have lost 35k.

I am going back to look for the post.
Glad to hear you were able to mitigate the attack. All too often we only hear about the opposite result. For 2FA a hardware security key, like a Yubikey is your best option. Most large exchanges support using a Yubikey directly. If someone has access to your phone or PC they could gain access to your software 2FA authentication account, but a Yubikey requires physical access to use, similar to a hardware wallet and is something a hacker or someone with your phone can't do. It also has an authenticator app to use 2FA on websites that don't support using security keys. The Yubico authenticator app requires the Yubikey to use, so it's safer than using 2FA apps like Google Authenticator or Authy.
legendary
Okay first off merry christmas.🎁 and hopefully 🙏 happy new years.

Second off
I am finally getting some pny a2000 gpus this monday
and a few pny a5000 gpus this weds.

the rig will have 4x a2000 and 2x 5000 doing about 360mh

I also am waiting on 36 more a2000 and 3x l7

2021 was a good year. no a great year.

Now the bad news my bro in law is fully demented had a stroke and is diagnosed with dementia. he will not be getting better and may last for five to six years in diminished mental state.

it has been hard for my wife and I since dec 2019 she got sick and took until june 2021 to fully recover from covid. then her bro had the stroke in july 2021. so someone or someone else
 has been sick for just about two years.

I dont wish bad health on anyone it sucks.

and more good news my coinbase account with 35k in it along with my cellphone were hacked.

but I had a second hidden phone with microsoft auth a nd the mofos got nothing.

i have been working to restore the cell that was ported illegally from me.

since dec 21 maybe on the 27th i will get it back.

So make sure you take care of your coins.

I need to thank someone here on this very thread for asking me if I had google auth or mircosoft auth vs sms text

if i did not listen to that person I would have lost 35k.

I am going back to look for the post.
legendary
Guys, what do you use as a calculator for CPU mining coins?
Raptoreum isn't profitable anymore, would like to be on top of the best ones to switch.

my fallback is monero
donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Guys, what do you use as a calculator for CPU mining coins?
Raptoreum isn't profitable anymore, would like to be on top of the best ones to switch.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Looks like a number of pools in China are having problems.

That makes me feel better, knowing its not just Viabtc,

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/looks-like-some-of-the-big-pools-in-china-are-having-dns-problems-5373202

Did ViaBTC ever start working again?  I moved my miners to F2Pool after they were down for 2 days.

They work fine and were never fully down.

Mine were.  They did zero mining for almost 3 days until I switched pools.
legendary

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/looks-like-some-of-the-big-pools-in-china-are-having-dns-problems-5373202

Did ViaBTC ever start working again?  I moved my miners to F2Pool after they were down for 2 days.

They work fine and were never fully down.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104

legendary
Eth to BTC is very high right now.

I struggle with this question:

1) Mine and hold ETH
2) Mine Eth and buy BTC

I do not need to cash out for electric payments

Easy peasy.

Mine Eth  

convert 1/3 to BTC
convert 1/3 to cash
hodl 1/3 as eth

Personally I do
65% to BTC
30% to cash
  5% to hodl ETH

But my situation is different.

I have partners
I mine BTC
I mine XEC
I mine LTC/DOGE
I mine ETH

All gear is paid off which not the same as fully Roi

And I will be altering my Eth earnings split tonight
I will do
30% BTC
60% Cash
10% Hodl ETH

As you see I do not like ETH as a hodl but since most of my mining earnings are ETH it is easy to switch to the idea of Holding a few eth coins.

Oh I report and pay taxes and I have a very unusual set of circumstances for 2021 tax year and for 2022 tax year. So showing a lot of coin to cash for 2021 and 2022 and even 2023 to 2025.

This works for me, but I would doubt it would be the same for many other people in the USA.

You need to be 64 this year and have a birthday in Jan-Feb-March next year. Plus a shit ton of other factors that most likely works for only a hand full of people.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
Eth to BTC is very high right now.

I struggle with this question:

1) Mine and hold ETH
2) Mine Eth and buy BTC

I do not need to cash out for electric payments
Activity: 378
Merit: 197

Activity: 26
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: