Pages:
Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 6. (Read 66172 times)

DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20

A dozen is pretty good I got 3.

Hey I got a decent price on 2x 6700xt

and they crash on Phoenix 5.4 ,5.6 ,5.7 with smos

anyone have a way to run amd  6700 xt  using smos for eth of Course

Did you get them running? did you try lolminer?
Just waiting for new 6600, should be quite efficient, got it for 400$.

Also did you get your CPU to mine raptoreum?
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I guess the EVGA queue gravy train has come to a screeching halt for those of us that were using it:

--- cut ---
Update 10/4/2021

Hello,

In an effort to expedite those in queue who are still waiting for a EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series Card, and to be fair to all EVGA customers, we are making a running change:

Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.
Accounts that have already purchased an EVGA 30 series card in the queue system, will be behind those who have not.

Note: B-Stock (RX) or Step-Up 30 Series products will not affect queue positions.

We hope that this update will allow more gamers to get their hands on an EVGA GeForce RTX 30 series card. If there are any questions please contact our support at [email protected].

Thanks
EVGA
--- cut ---

I got about a dozen cards via the queue, will another 5 within minutes of popping.

A dozen is pretty good I got 3.

Hey I got a decent price on 2x 6700xt

and they crash on Phoenix 5.4 ,5.6 ,5.7 with smos

anyone have a way to run amd  6700 xt  using smos for eth of Course
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
I guess the EVGA queue gravy train has come to a screeching halt for those of us that were using it:

--- cut ---
Update 10/4/2021

Hello,

In an effort to expedite those in queue who are still waiting for a EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series Card, and to be fair to all EVGA customers, we are making a running change:

Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.
Accounts that have already purchased an EVGA 30 series card in the queue system, will be behind those who have not.

Note: B-Stock (RX) or Step-Up 30 Series products will not affect queue positions.

We hope that this update will allow more gamers to get their hands on an EVGA GeForce RTX 30 series card. If there are any questions please contact our support at [email protected].

Thanks
EVGA
--- cut ---

I got about a dozen cards via the queue, will another 5 within minutes of popping.
DrX
legendary

that is 2x or more then monero while it lasts

So far the price is holding steady around  $.01 after the big initial spike so mining 500 coins a day  gets you $5.00 which is really good for cpu.

Activity: 150
Merit: 10
So far the price is holding steady around  $.01 after the big initial spike so mining 500 coins a day  gets you $5.00 which is really good for cpu.

Update - I had not overclocked or optimized my ryzen rig.   I optimized my ram - enabling xmp or whatever it is called in your bios so my 3600 ram would run at that speed and I did a retune.  To do that in hive os I had to add "force-tune": true to the flightsheet.   Performance seems a little better but the crazy thing is temps are down from 70 to 40, although still showing 70 in hiveos gui they are showing 40 in the console log of the miner. 

Also of note apparently in hiveos the miner is not using optimized zen3 binaries so performance on the 5950x and other zen3 chips is not as good as it should be - hopefully they will fix it in an update.

https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/cpuminer-missing-zen2-and-zen3-binaries-and-dependency-problems/53204
donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Tried it on another computer, on another house, all good. Must be blocking it somehow, will check later
Downloaded Raptoreum walled but the thing just doesn't sincronize, been at 29 weeks remaining forever. What wallet software you all using?

I used the wallet from their website.  Mac version doesn't appear to work so I then got the windows version.  Sync took ... 14 hours or more
legendary
@crazydane

You have auto-exchange on to BTC? Looks like it would take forever to get payment. Maybe change it to LTC? Just a thought Smiley

@philipma1957

Sorry to here about your bro-in-law. I have some experience of dementia, my grandfathers also has it (Currently 96 years old).
When he was still living home he used to shut down all devices while nobody else was there, just small warning Smiley

Take Care

Yeah he shuts the cameras in the living room and the kitchen and the router which shuts down the ring doorbell.
donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Downloaded Raptoreum walled but the thing just doesn't sincronize, been at 29 weeks remaining forever. What wallet software you all using?
DrX
@crazydane

You have auto-exchange on to BTC? Looks like it would take forever to get payment. Maybe change it to LTC? Just a thought Smiley

@philipma1957

Sorry to here about your bro-in-law. I have some experience of dementia, my grandfathers also has it (Currently 96 years old).
When he was still living home he used to shut down all devices while nobody else was there, just small warning Smiley

Take Care
legendary
  Yeah I floated as a feeler I own 5 or 6 of them .

With my bro-in-law developing the dementia  and only being 71 years old he could need a ton of care and time and energy. So I may want to scale down the mining for a while.  Obviously having just found out how il he is and trying to see what my wife (his sister) and I can do for him is a new and different challenge  then crypto.  I kind of wanted to simply build up the farms/ locations and eventually have 1 or 2 megawatts on gear in 7 locations in NJ and PA.

I am not a kid I am 64 so while I can put in a good six or seven hours of work a day. Doing that and watching my Bro-in-law is really tiring .  I am behind on a lot of things at the moment.

With the bro-in-law in NY 80 miles from us if I babysit him so to speak I need a full Pc setup in his house. with complete access to all the locations all the accounts etc. Since he is demented I can trust him to not fuck with the gear. Driving back and forth to his house from my house is not only a traffic challenge the tolls are 44 dollars each trip. the miles are 180 on a leased car and gas is about 6 gallons.

To make it just a bit worse he is fully functional in every way but his mind  so if I stay in NJ with my wife babysitting him she is in physical danger as they had a fight in which he scratched her arm and twisted her wrist. He was a clerk for 35 years and processed disability claims for federal workers so what he does now is constantly fight for his mail and make phone calls to multiple agencies to try to help him self.  It would be funny as a tv show. Since last friday 52 letters from the IRS have come to his home as he has used the automated service to ask for 2 sets of documents 26 times.

It is an adventure to say the least.  To any and all reading take good care of your brain you do not want to fuck it up.
Full tune is 110 minutes and I don't think it submits any shares while tuning

You were exactly right.  After 110 minutes it started submitting.  This is what I see poolside after roughly 17 hours with a 5950X with about a 17% OC water cooled:

So a little bit below 4 MH/s pool side, which seems consistent with what I see locally:

I have another rig with a 5800 in it and a 3rd one with a 11900K in it.  Both of those are also water cooled.  The 11900K is a power pig through, so it might not be worth having it mine.

Phil, that's a good price for that 3090.  I have a pair of them (3987 ftw3) in my 11900K rig, and they are real work horses for ETH.  Must resists making you an offer.  lol
legendary
yeah i am in NY wont get to rigs til sat.

I listed a new sealed evga 3090 3987 ftw3 just to see if anyone wants to buy it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/feeler-for-nib-sealed-evga-3090-ftw3-5363139

it is their premier air cooled model.

I get it delivered to NJ on thurs can ship it on sat.

asking for offers in the marketplace.

note very small markup.
Figured I'd give it a try on my 5950X.  Miner is still tuning, but after about 20 minutes, this is what I see:

I'm mining to zergpool  How long before I should start seeing stats here:

https://zergpool.com/?address=3PcLZJKm3a9J28RBfbB5mAqyLzusYBN2Wd

I figured that after 20 minutes, I would start seeing something...

Full tune is 110 minutes and I don't think it submits any shares while tuning
Figured I'd give it a try on my 5950X.  Miner is still tuning, but after about 20 minutes, this is what I see:

I'm mining to zergpool  How long before I should start seeing stats here:

https://zergpool.com/?address=3PcLZJKm3a9J28RBfbB5mAqyLzusYBN2Wd

I figured that after 20 minutes, I would start seeing something...
well take while you can 5 a day for 1 cpu is really good.

I do suggest 50-50 or 60-40 or 40-60

as your sell to hodl numbers.

any of them are more then fully selling off monero would be and the hodl could pull a doge down the road.

Phil,

I updated my post with a link to a spreadsheet tracking different cpu performance https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ABYpRGBEOg_OcMdhspS1DfklVjetuUhGca_s3H3gjRI/edit#gid=609370861

good info I gave you 7 merits you will bump up to next level as you are at 10

hey to anyone interested I have a built 3900x rig open board I may sell it.

My issues in life are I have very full plates right now.

My house needs to be fixed up a bit and decluttered with gear.
My poor bro-in-law almost died from heat stroke on July 31 this summer at best he damaged his hippocampus the part of your brain that rules your  short term memories. So I have been doing a lot of health aid duty for him.
I can't leave him alone for more then 2 days as he forgets to eat.
Worse I can't leave my wife his sister with him as they fight and he hurt her a bit.

So basically running:

a farm with 3 partners
a small office with 3 pc's mining
a second office with 18 gpu's
My house with 30 gpu's my first power bill over 1k ever last month
and the ebay sales

along with driving back and forth to care for my bro-in-law is too fucking hard.

Seems to me selling off the 3900x rig maybe 2 of them allows someone to make some $$ on the new algo .

I am going to be home on sat and sun I will post back and figure out if I have 1 or 2 rigs to sell.

Phil,

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.   You may want to wait a bit on pulling your rigs - I just checked RTM's price chart and its down 50% in 3 days - it popped over 100% - if it stays where its at its still profitable. 

any of them are more then fully selling off monero would be and the hodl could pull a doge down the road.

Phil,

I updated my post with a link to a spreadsheet tracking different cpu performance https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ABYpRGBEOg_OcMdhspS1DfklVjetuUhGca_s3H3gjRI/edit#gid=609370861

Thanks Phil!  Also you can make money setting up a smartnode?  It's a way to earn passively - this article covers it - https://medium.com/@cpuzeemon/raptoreum-the-best-way-to-make-money-with-your-cpu-bf9da730290e#adf1

legendary

Phil,

hey to anyone interested I have a built 3900x rig open board I may sell it.

My issues in life are I have very full plates right now.

My house needs to be fixed up a bit and decluttered with gear.
My poor bro-in-law almost died from heat stroke on July 31 this summer at best he damaged his hippocampus the part of your brain that rules your  short term memories. So I have been doing a lot of health aid duty for him.
I can't leave him alone for more then 2 days as he forgets to eat.
Worse I can't leave my wife his sister with him as they fight and he hurt her a bit.

So basically running:

a farm with 3 partners
a small office with 3 pc's mining
a second office with 18 gpu's
My house with 30 gpu's my first power bill over 1k ever last month
and the ebay sales

along with driving back and forth to care for my bro-in-law is too fucking hard.

Seems to me selling off the 3900x rig maybe 2 of them allows someone to make some $$ on the new algo .

I am going to be home on sat and sun I will post back and figure out if I have 1 or 2 rigs to sell.
Pages:
Jump to: