Pages:
Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 11. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
This coin is one of the top shitcoin in crypto, Price almost down from 2$ to 0.25$.
Activity: 196
I'm a total pos newbie but I was expecting something like 0.1% annual interest or so.  Shocked

Are you serious?  0.1% annual interest ?
Who did you even get into crypto if all you are looking for is  0.1% annual interest ?

Yeah, you would get higher return if you would leave your money on the bank
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
I'm a total pos newbie but I was expecting something like 0.1% annual interest or so.  Shocked

Are you serious?  0.1% annual interest ?
Who did you even get into crypto if all you are looking for is  0.1% annual interest ?
Activity: 69
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

Thanks for this thorough update.
Nxt was the original proof of stake coin, and is considered by some to be the realization of blockchain 2.0 – an improved version of Bitcoin built with Java.
It has lost its luster over the years, and other blockchain 2.0 technologies have stolen its limelight, but it is still a powerful and unique blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
If you are interested in offline staking solutions and a comparison between some of them (TPoS, LPoS and DPoS)

here is an article my brother wrote about StakeNets / XSN solution (trustless with merchant):

https://medium.com/stakenet/cold-staking-tpos-vs-lpos-vs-dpos-ebeef4f71c48

he's comparing with NXTs LPoS (leased) and BTSs DPoS (delegated) ... might be interesting for NXT holders as well Smiley
I think the main difference lies in the incentive system to form large pools or not.

- In DPoS, there is only delegated staking, no "individual" staking of non-delegates is possible. This has some advantages - mainly the stability of the validator set, which is crucial in PoS systems - but also disadvantages. As all "staking power" is in the delegates (which are like forging pools/merchants), a cooperation of 50% of the delegates could be fatal. Also there's the risk of the blockchain "stopping" when less than 66% of the delegates are online.
- LPoS makes delegated staking non-trustless, as the payout is not automatic. The sense behind that is that pools should not become too large, and people should worry about to whom they "lease" their staking coins. The disadvantages are obvious: The pool operator could run away with the coins (although in NXT/WAVES system this isn't really dangerous atm because the forging rewards are small).
- TPoS makes delegated staking trustless, by automating payouts. The advantage is that the merchant cannot run away with the minting rewards. However, this has also a backside: the incentive to form large pools ("merchants") "staking" with most of the coins is bigger, because one hasn't to worry about trusting a particular node. The larger the pools become, the more "oligopolic" the network becomes, and thus the higher the vulnerability to stake-51%/N@S attacks. XSN mitigates that by requiring a static IP for every "stake contract", but this could be a weak protection in the context of IPv6.

As a conclusion: I slightly prefer TPoS over both other solutions (NXT's LPoS coming second, and DPoS third because of its vulnerability to social engineering) but the "large pool problem" continues to worry me.
Activity: 600
Merit: 500
Nxt-kit developer
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
If nxt reach the ATH again, we will have a profit of 800%.
It could impossible because all has gone, NXT was pumped and then dumped all. I bought it at price 13k sat and thank i sold all of my NXT at that price after IGNIS snapshot event  Smiley This time all Alt was rising up except NXT  Undecided
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
4$/1 ardor could be the next milestone of this coin ,
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
If nxt reach the ATH again, we will have a profit of 800%.
Activity: 225
Merit: 72
Updates 2018

Ignis Asset Reporting Run
https://www.ardor.world/ignis_reporting/

Ardor Coin Exchange Rates
https://www.ardor.world/en/ardor_coin_exchange_rates/

Update http://Ardor.World  😎
1. Get Balance Nxt in BTC, USD
2. Get Balance Ardor, Ignis, Bitswift, AEUR in BTC, USD
Activity: 420
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
Of all the startup platforms in Europe at the moment, none are as fast-growing or international in scope as SCALE11 at CEBIT. Jelurida is pleased to announce that we will be on stage & have a booth within the Blockchain zone of the conference.
Activity: 77
The market is driven by speculation and what people think about coins, and at the moment most people do not like nxt, so what I'm asking is a future implementation that is being applied to increase demand and technology adoption to turn prices up.

Trading with emotions isnt always in our best interest. Fear and doubts too are worse. With a clear mind, you will get a clear picture of the future. Selling is often regreted with time. Why did I sell and made such a loss? Why did i sell and made such a little profit? Etc. Patience is always the best, difficult but the best.
Activity: 18
you should add a textbox in the client where you can read stuff like that Smiley Just a suggestion. Can't be reading NXT forums all days and people are wasting people's time asking these stuff Smiley If it was for some quick release I didn't say anything!
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
The market is driven by speculation and what people think about coins, and at the moment most people do not like nxt, so what I'm asking is a future implementation that is being applied to increase demand and technology adoption to turn prices up.
Activity: 406
Merit: 121
This coin is one of the top shitcoin in crypto, Price almost down from 2$ to 0.25$. Team is not intrested in development, only giving free airdrops.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 364
True, but imo it reflects badly on a small player like NXT.

Agreed. I don't like it either but it seems to be price you have to pay. Most people in crypto know nothing about the ideals behind it and then scream bloody murder when they get scammed. Maybe we need to find some middle ground between a centralized instance and letting the scammers get away.
Pages:
Jump to: