Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 243. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Sup NXTers I have a syncronized supernet wallet on my laptop, is there a way to install the NXT without downloading the blockchain again? What files should I copy over the NXT folder?
Regards

That data is stored in the nxt_db folder.
If your Supernet wallet also has such a folder, you can use that Smiley
legendary
Merit: 1001
Sup NXTers I have a syncronized supernet wallet on my laptop, is there a way to install the NXT without downloading the blockchain again? What files should I copy over the NXT folder?
Regards
Activity: 558
Merit: 500

Yes, it's the same and should start with NXT- (so something like NXT-KTVK-UYXK-W5YK-8C48E) form.
The public key issue will be resolved soon because we're going to make it optional.
In principle it forced you to announce your public key, but it also makes it much harder for new users to get started...

This site should be helpful in activating that account, by the way: http://jnxt.org/key/

Thanks. That site got it working. Maybe it should be in the OP?

Don't know if this is mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but I've spotted another potential issue from a new user standpoint.  When I went to sign into the wallet with my passphrase, I had a small typo and ended up accidentally creating an entirely new wallet.  This wasn't immediately obvious (especially as I was expecting the passphrase to be rejected if I entered it incorrectly.

If I understand how your brain wallet system works, perhaps it's impossible to avoid this. Unfortunately it's definitely going to lead to people accidentally creating new wallets and then either failing to notice (if zero balance) and potentially sending new funds to the wrong address, or freaking out because they think their funds have vanished or been stolen because they're signed into a different wallet.  

This isn't intended as a complaint, but as an attempt to help. I work teaching computers and technology to non-technical people and so am always trying to look at technology I'm using from their viewpoint so I can be a better teacher, so stuff like this leaps out at me.  

Edit:  One other thing - I get prompted to update to the new version but then it fails to connect to the update server.
legendary

Hi. I bought some NXT on Bittrex but have no way of withdrawing it.

I installed the client and created an account. I have a public key but I've tried that as well as the account number/ID as the receiving address and Bittrex gives me an error that the address is invalid no matter what I put in the address field.

Any help would be appreciated...

If you post your NXT address and public key here, you'll probably get some NXT, so you don't have to use your public key at Bittrex anymore. Maybe that'll make it easier.

Is the address the same as the account ID? There's no mention of an address anywhere in the client and I tried both versions of the ID (formatted with and without hyphens) at Bittrex with no results.  Is  the idea that the ID/address(?) doesn't work until "activated" by a one-time pairing with the public key during a transaction?

Yes, it's the same and should start with NXT- (so something like NXT-KTVK-UYXK-W5YK-8C48E) form.
The public key issue will be resolved soon because we're going to make it optional.
In principle it forced you to announce your public key, but it also makes it much harder for new users to get started...

This site should be helpful in activating that account, by the way: http://jnxt.org/key/

I installed the client and created an account. I have a public key but I've tried that as well as the account number/ID as the receiving address and Bittrex gives me an error that the address is invalid no matter what I put in the address field.

If you post your NXT address and public key here, you'll probably get some NXT, so you don't have to use your public key at Bittrex anymore. Maybe that'll make it easier.

Is the address the same as the account ID? There's no mention of an address anywhere in the client and I tried both versions of the ID (formatted with and without hyphens) at Bittrex with no results.  Is  the idea that the ID/address(?) doesn't work until "activated" by a one-time pairing with the public key during a transaction?
Activity: 574
This came up a few pages back, Bittrex doesn't seem to the facility to input the public key.

Post the details here or use the faucets in the op to get through the first step  Smiley
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

legendary
Mandatory upgrade to version 1.4.5

Update your version before block 330000!

NRS 1.4.5
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-4-5/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 1.4.5

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.4.5.zip

sha256:

9292e785c394cb951fc7bf26160137a00896e59764439455abca0da580bb5758  nxt-client-1.4.5.zip

Change log:

Enable Monetary System at block 330000. This is a hard fork, therefore everybody
should upgrade to 1.4.5 or later before that.

If upgrading from 1.3.x, read the 1.4.0e and later changelogs for the important
changes and new features introduced in the 1.4 series.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=Q6Qi
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
legendary
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
How to send AM ?
legendary
NEW RELEASE NRS 1.4.4e

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-4-4e/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 1.4.4e

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.4.4e.zip

sha256:

fc89bda24de220f173e8b6f88553b51c2eff444b6134a51d79872636003b289d  nxt-client-1.4.4e.zip

Change log:

Improvements and bugfixes in the UI of Monetary System, dividend payments, and
account leasing.

Added contacts export/import feature.

Restrict currency exchange offer sell and buy supply not to exceed total sell
and buy limit.

This release will force a rescan on testnet only, deleting blocks after

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=B+iy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Activity: 225
Merit: 72
In fastnxt.com exchanger you can quickly buy and sell NXT at actual courses.
Directions of an exchange:
PM USD, EGOPAY USD, Bitcoin-> NXT
NXT->PM USD, EGOPAY USD, Bitcoin
Site fastnxt.com
Soon we plan to add other payment systems.

The partner program of 0.2% from the operations involved with the user. 
Link fastnxt.com/exchange/ref/

On the basis of an exchanger services are realized:

Faucet
fastnxt.com/faucet/

Notice E-mail
fastnxt.com/notification/

Also you can enclose NXT in service development in more detail than fastnxt.com/forinvestors/

If you have offers or questions write on support @ fastnxt.com

Excuse for my English.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Problem solved, my mistake, my apologies.

No problem. It is a little funky that you only see a bid order placement, which reduces your NXT.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
Problem solved, my mistake, my apologies.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
Unfortunately, Cryptsy has a reputation for having long withdrawl times occasionally. They can be quite long.

Have you raised a ticket with them?

Coins were visible in wallet under 'recent transactions", I said, nothing wrong with cryptsy this time, I guess.

Hmm... do they appear in a blockexplorer correctly? Like nxtreporting.com.

I checked https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_blocks and my transaction number is; 13164190461936491771
Looks okay, I would say. wallet says ; coins arrived, but they were never added to my total nxt. Very strange, I think.

Hmm... that is very strange. But, the block explorers show the same thing. They show the transaction but don't show it in the accounts balance. I wonder if it is on a fork?

I opened a topic here. But nobody answering anymore. https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/txid/
You might want to go over to NXT forum and start a thread there. That's where the primary Dev, JonLuc hangs out.

legendary
Unfortunately, Cryptsy has a reputation for having long withdrawl times occasionally. They can be quite long.

Coins were visible in wallet under 'recent transactions", I said, nothing wrong with cryptsy this time, I guess.

I checked https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_blocks and my transaction number is; 13164190461936491771
Looks okay, I would say. wallet says ; coins arrived, but they were never added to my total nxt. Very strange, I think.

Hmm... that is very strange. But, the block explorers show the same thing. They show the transaction but don't show it in the accounts balance. I wonder if it is on a fork?

You might want to go over to NXT forum and start a thread there. That's where the primary Dev, JonLuc hangs out.
Activity: 574

Hmm... can you post:

What operating system
Browser

you use.

Maybe a screenshot of the dashboard in your wallet?
legendary
Hi, trying to get started with NXT here. I bought some on Bittrex but there was no option to fill in my public key. Any tips on that would be appreciated!

Do you have a Nxt account set up and ready to go?

If so, use a faucet listed in the OP to do the public key part. Then you'll be set to move the Nxt from Bittrex.

I have everything set up. The faucet is a pain tho, you have to go through that about 30 (!!) times and then wait till sunday for payout. I'm not going through that.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out here (send me 1 NXT, I'll send it back when I get my Bittrex transaction, including 2 NXT for the transaction fees) that'd be much appreciated!!

Sent you some NXT.
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
Hi, trying to get started with NXT here. I bought some on Bittrex but there was no option to fill in my public key. Any tips on that would be appreciated!

Do you have a Nxt account set up and ready to go?

If so, use a faucet listed in the OP to do the public key part. Then you'll be set to move the Nxt from Bittrex.

I have everything set up. The faucet is a pain tho, you have to go through that about 30 (!!) times and then wait till sunday for payout. I'm not going through that.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out here (send me 1 NXT, I'll send it back when I get my Bittrex transaction, including 2 NXT for the transaction fees) that'd be much appreciated!!

Sure, what is your NXT id and public key. (No need to return the NXT).

Thank you VERY much! I sent you a PM. Great to be able to get started =D

Edit: thanks, got it!!
Jump to: