Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 244. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Hi, trying to get started with NXT here. I bought some on Bittrex but there was no option to fill in my public key. Any tips on that would be appreciated!

Do you have a Nxt account set up and ready to go?

If so, use a faucet listed in the OP to do the public key part. Then you'll be set to move the Nxt from Bittrex.

I have everything set up. The faucet is a pain tho, you have to go through that about 30 (!!) times and then wait till sunday for payout. I'm not going through that.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out here (send me 1 NXT, I'll send it back when I get my Bittrex transaction, including 2 NXT for the transaction fees) that'd be much appreciated!!

Sure, what is your NXT id and public key. (No need to return the NXT).
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
Unfortunately, Cryptsy has a reputation for having long withdrawl times occasionally. They can be quite long.

Have you raised a ticket with them?

Coins were visible in wallet under 'recent transactions", I said, nothing wrong with cryptsy this time, I guess.

Hmm... do they appear in a blockexplorer correctly? Like nxtreporting.com.

I checked https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_blocks and my transaction number is; 13164190461936491771
Looks okay, I would say. wallet says ; coins arrived, but they were never added to my total nxt. Very strange, I think.
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
Hi, trying to get started with NXT here. I bought some on Bittrex but there was no option to fill in my public key. Any tips on that would be appreciated!

If so, use a faucet listed in the OP to do the public key part. Then you'll be set to move the Nxt from Bittrex.

I have everything set up. The faucet is a pain tho, you have to go through that about 30 (!!) times and then wait till sunday for payout. I'm not going through that.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out here (send me 1 NXT, I'll send it back when I get my Bittrex transaction, including 2 NXT for the transaction fees) that'd be much appreciated!!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Also, the public key bit will be made optional in a future release (maybe even the next one).

So there will be fewer problems with public keys.

Unfortunately, Cryptsy has a reputation for having long withdrawl times occasionally. They can be quite long.

Coins were visible in wallet under 'recent transactions", I said, nothing wrong with cryptsy this time, I guess.

Hmm... do they appear in a blockexplorer correctly? Like nxtreporting.com.
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
how we can mine this coin??

BURST is a POC coin built on the NXT Platform. It can be mined.

I'm pretty sure burst is a clone of Nxt, runs its own nodes etc. That's how they managed to implement Automated Transactions. There isn't any direct relationship to Nxt so wouldn't be a suitable if you want exposure to Nxt.

Hashrate.org is the best place, if you have a mining rig, to get Nxt.

Hi,

Sorry, to bother you all, but I have some problem with NXT wallet.
Yesterday, I send 6300NXT from cryptsy to wallet. Coins were visible in wallet under 'recent transactions", but were not added to total.
I uninstalled wallet and downloaded again, and installed wallet1.3.5, now same story, everything fine except the 6299 NXT is not added to my total.
Any idea?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1225
1. It's not really a coin, but more like a token, or a platform even.
2. You can't 'mine' it, it's proof of stake, not proof of work. Transaction fees are rewarded to people that leave their wallets open to help secure the network, it's called 'forging' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nxt#Forging It is possible to lease your amount of NXT to a bigger 'pool'. And with the new 'Monetary System' it will be possible to create Proof of Work currencies on top of the NXT blockchain.

Correct, all Nxt are already in existance, no new coins are being mined.
But you can mine some SHA256 or scrypt coins for Nxt. Just go to hashrate.org and point your miner at one of their servers, they will switch to the most profitable coin, and exchange them for Nxt automatically.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

BURST is a POC coin built on the NXT Platform. It can be mined.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
1. It's not really a coin, but more like a token, or a platform even.
2. You can't 'mine' it, it's proof of stake, not proof of work. Transaction fees are rewarded to people that leave their wallets open to help secure the network, it's called 'forging' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nxt#Forging It is possible to lease your amount of NXT to a bigger 'pool'. And with the new 'Monetary System' it will be possible to create Proof of Work currencies on top of the NXT blockchain.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
I have no idea what a log level is

If I were to guess, I would say he just means: "Please provide more information" Wink
Activity: 217
Part-time Altcoin Developer
Offline signing released, happy if people would play with it.

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=7073.0

Great! I have been waiting this improvement for ages  Cheesy

Wow finally I can sign NXT transactions offline... Good work and thanks  Wink
Activity: 172
I have no idea what a log level is
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Currently stuck on 311687 and I leave it running for awhile and it says "NRS server has exited."

Could you increase log level?
Activity: 172
Currently stuck on 311687 and I leave it running for awhile and it says "NRS server has exited."
Jump to: