Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 301. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

I know, in that case encryption algorithm in white paper is wrong. Nxt never implemented that version. It was changed to ECDH for key exchange and AES for encryption,

Please supply me with correct information, since I do not have access to the beta code.  I will correct the whitepaper.

It's pretty simple.

The key exchange is done with ECDH ( Elliptic curve Diffie–Hellman)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_curve_Diffie%E2%80%93Hellman

This is one of they key property of curve25519. It allows two parties that  both have public–private key pair to agree on a shared secret key.

byte[] dhSharedSecret = new byte[32];
  Curve25519.curve(dhSharedSecret, myPrivateKey, theirPublicKey);

Messages are compressed (zip?) and then encrypted (after hashing the shared secret)  with AES/CBC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_cipher_mode_of_operation#Cipher-block_chaining_.28CBC.29

It was pretty simple code posted on Nxtforum by Drevil
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Once the crypto world learns what is going on with the Nxt tech tree and what has already happened with the decentralized trading multigateway exchange and the asset exchange, its going to flip.

Congrats on all the hard work guys. These next 6 months are going to be amazing and the people that get on the bandwagon now are going to be very happy.

Yeah I can not believe this coin hasn;t already taken off. The AE is amazing as well. I unfortunately am broke and can;t invest much more, but NXT is really the only thing here innovative, active, and real. Aaazing AMAZING work to everyone involved.

Well, it has taken off - the fact that it has occupied the #3 coin market cap position for most of the last few months is testimony to that. However, its the only coin that has the infrastructure and eco-system to overtake Litcoin's market cap in the near future. As Litecoin is also at a near term low, we are looking at probably a 6-8x increase in value to overtake Litecoin in the next 6 months.

This is more than a possibility at this time. Nxt is developing on several fronts, not the least of which is establishing a professional PR and marketing branch to create a presence in main stream media. With Bitcoin primed to bubble again in the next 6 months, the top non-bitcoin coins will have a real chance to ride the wave of enthusiasm and press. No other coin will have such a strategic and structured PR arm ready to ride that wave (or create its own if Bitcoin's next bubble gets delayed).

What a lot of crypto enthusiasts on BitcoinTalk forget is how small this forum (albeit important now) is to the rest of the world. The multigateway, instant transactions, asset exchange and other tech coming quickly down the pipeline will reach far beyond the small world of crypto today.

The great thing is that today - right now - Nxt has so much to offer in the ways of promoting and growing alt coins. The multigateway literally can give this community what it has been begging for - true decentralization, practical free trading, and anonymity. No more Mintpal or Poloniex. Now you can trade your favorite coin for free, privately and quickly.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
1000% ROI Masternode Coin
Once the crypto world learns what is going on with the Nxt tech tree and what has already happened with the decentralized trading multigateway exchange and the asset exchange, its going to flip.

Congrats on all the hard work guys. These next 6 months are going to be amazing and the people that get on the bandwagon now are going to be very happy.

Yeah I can not believe this coin hasn;t already taken off. The AE is amazing as well. I unfortunately am broke and can;t invest much more, but NXT is really the only thing here innovative, active, and real. Aaazing AMAZING work to everyone involved.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

I know, in that case encryption algorithm in white paper is wrong. Nxt never implemented that version. It was changed to ECDH for key exchange and AES for encryption,

Please supply me with correct information, since I do not have access to the beta code.  I will correct the whitepaper.

Can you change the font too? Needs to be more standard.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Please supply me with correct information, since I do not have access to the beta code.  I will correct the whitepaper.

Is the whitepaper versioned to match the NRS?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1736
New person here so bear with me, But what do you guys think is the safest way of purchasing NXT?

BTER.com, secureae.com, multigateway, coinmat all seem secure to me.
Activity: 574
It's up for me.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
is it me or nxt forum is down at the moment?

Down for me too. Hope it is up soon, need to check some stuff soon! #addicted
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

I am looking forward to reading this but the font is a bit screwy and non-standard... Can someone re-PDF it using a different font, please?

I am encouraged to see signs that NXT is maintaining life.
Activity: 253
Merit: 252
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
How do I make a backup of the blockchain from the recommended client?

You don't. What is it that you are trying to do exactly?

I heard the blockchain from the recommended client can sometimes get corrupted, so I want to back it up by making a copy of it. If it gets corrupted I want to delete the old blockchain folders and replace them with the backups. Then I would only have to sync from the point in time that I made a backup.

Backing up the %appdata% NXT folder should suffice I guess.

I heard the blockchain from the recommended client can sometimes get corrupted, so I want to back it up by making a copy of it. If it gets corrupted I want to delete the old blockchain folders and replace them with the backups. Then I would only have to sync from the point in time that I made a backup.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
I had the same issue, just install and use a new version from here: http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

Thanks .. that's the site where I got my original ( current ) wallet from ..
Delete the old version first or does the new version download on top of the old ( current ) one ??

Triff ..

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
I had the same issue, just install and use a new version from here: http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/
Activity: 574
I got this message in PM from a shy Nxter  Grin I'm not up on this (NxtWallet) so could someone answer? This rings a bell as a known bug to me that will be fixed in the next update but there is a work around...

I've got NXT wallet 1.2 and NRS version 1.1.4
When I open the wallet I get the prompt to upgrade as follows ..
"A new version of the client 1.1.6 is available"
When I 'click' OK ..
" The hash of the downloaded update doen not equal the one
supplied by the blockchain .. Aborting update"

The wallet ( as is ) works fine ..
I have NXT under two addresses and they're both forging ..
I've also got NXT on an exchange that I was planning to import to the wallet ..   

Should I just delete and uninstall the NXT wallet from my local computer
and start all over with a 'clean' install of the latest NRS and client ??
( I originally used the 'one click' install client for windows when i first started with NXT )

or

Am I OK to just carry on as I am ??

Jump to: