Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 419. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
DRK having a bad day.
NXT #4.
Nice.

Holy Sh*t!  Nice!  We're getting closer and closer to the top!   Grin

Market capitalization is not that important, look at the volume...

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Apparently....

Another painful news;

Mintpal:
The DRK/BTC market is currently frozen because of fork issues, we will bring the market back when the issues have been fully resolved.

Poleniex too. Suspicion is they are trying to stop the dumping... all cloaks and daggers stuff right now  Cheesy

Apparently there was one intended fork and multiple unplanned ones.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Apparently....

Another painful news;

Mintpal:
The DRK/BTC market is currently frozen because of fork issues, we will bring the market back when the issues have been fully resolved.

Poleniex too. Suspicion is they are trying to stop the dumping... all cloaks and daggers stuff right now  Cheesy
legendary
DRK having a bad day.
NXT #4.
Nice.

Yup. #3 is not a stretch. Litecoin will take some unseating. And it's cryptoland, so anything can happen at any point.
But that move was a triumph of fundamentals over hype, so I hope the same will keep happening.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
DRK having a bad day.
NXT #4.
Nice.

DRK having a bad day.
NXT #4.
Nice.

Dammit, beat me to it   Wink

+1  Grin
legendary
DRK having a bad day.
NXT #4.
Nice.
Slogan idea* : NXT tries to clean up the pollution that NXT causes.  Just like BP oil  Cheesy

* -  indicates sarcasm

Edit: now I'm trolling... just a little   Grin

Leaving the various in and outs of the GW debate to one side:
There is no way we could market NXT as "a big solution" to any sort of environmental issue.
Its a big fracking planet, and NXT's power consumption (and therefore power generation need) is miniscule in comparison to, well, lots of stuff. Like certain other crypto-surrencies for example.

The point of any decent carbon-offset scheme is more like simply picking up the rubbish after a party.
NXT burns coal/oil to get electricity, NXT plants some trees to make up for it. It's as simple as that.

Our marketing point on this can only be : NXT tries to clean up the pollution that NXT causes.

Then go ahead and market that asset as such.  But DON'T market NXT that way.  What you just effectively said, is that Nxt causes pollution....

You are unquestionably just trolling.
Who has ever even remotely suggested that we would market NXT as a solution to GW? WTF?
Bitcoin uses ridiiculous amounts of electricity, NXT does not. So NXT = greener alternative.
There are already a ton of articles on Bitcoin and it's role in emissions. This is something that is being written about.

His quote was "NXT tries to clean up the pollution that NXT causes".  I'm just pointing out that you might want to re-think that slogan.  You can easily mistake that as "NXT causes pollution".  That's all I'm saying.  I'm fully aware that electricity, in most cases, causes pollution (depending on how you define pollution obviously).  You guys really don't respect peoples intelligence (at least regarding people with differing opinions) much, it's obvious.

Sorry if I got the wrongful impression that you wanted to market Nxt as a GW solution, and sorry if I wrongfully assumed you were in favor of carbon taxes, it's just that usually seems to be the ultimate goal with most environmentalists... But like I previously said, if you guys just want to plant a bunch of trees and try to peacefully change people's minds, go for it.  I have nooo problems with you, and I respect the work you guys are putting into Nxt.  Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
yup...do you want me to go thru all of it ?

"completely" not "complete"

Would be nice! Smiley
Activity: 854
yup...do you want me to go thru all of it ?

"completely" not "complete"
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Can someone read this and give some feedback please?

http://cryptorating.org/nxt/
NXT is one of the very few cryptocurrencies that has a completely different codebase to Bitcoin. It has came a long way from simple node and webclient software to a offer a range of stable and incredibly feature rich clients. Several second generation features have already been implemented as well as a fully working asset exchange(stock exchange).
It currently ranks in the top 5 of all crypto market caps and this is no coincidence.

My take on yr opening line, Twin.

I could go thru the rest of it over the next day or 2, if you like.

Thanks. Better now?

NXT is one of the very few cryptocurrencies that has a completely different codebase to Bitcoin. It has came a long way from simple node and webclient software to offer a range of stable and incredibly feature rich clients. Several second generation features have already been implemented as well as a fully working asset exchange(stock exchange).
It currently ranks in the top 5 of all crypto market caps and this is no coincidence.

My take on yr opening line, Twin.

I could go thru the rest of it over the next day or 2, if you like.
Activity: 182
NXT.org

There is no way we could market NXT as "a big solution" to any sort of environmental issue.
Its a big fracking planet, and NXT's power consumption (and therefore power generation need) is miniscule in comparison to, well, lots of stuff. Like certain other crypto-surrencies for example.

The point of any decent carbon-offset scheme is more like simply picking up the rubbish after a party.
NXT burns coal/oil to get electricity, NXT plants some trees to make up for it. It's as simple as that.

Our marketing point on this can only be : NXT tries to clean up the pollution that NXT causes.

Then go ahead and market that asset as such.  But DON'T market NXT that way.  What you just effectively said, is that Nxt causes pollution....

You are unquestionably just trolling.
Who has ever even remotely suggested that we would market NXT as a solution to GW? WTF?
Bitcoin uses ridiiculous amounts of electricity, NXT does not. So NXT = greener alternative.
There are already a ton of articles on Bitcoin and it's role in emissions. This is something that is being written about.

Where do you think the electricity comes from?
Unless you're on wind, hydro or nuclear, using electricity causes pollution.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

TXTCoinNow added to my humble Asset Exchange Listing, since they are our partners are the PayExpo 2014  Grin Grin

PayExpo 2014 Nxt put up alongside Barclays and not another crypto in sight  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Good work Nxters  Grin Grin

More info on PayExpo >>>> https://nxtforum.org/payexpo-%28london-june-11-12-2014%29/

Asset Exchange Listing >>> https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-62/asset-exchange-ipos-launch-day-listings!/
Guys:

The Bitcoin Foundation has put up some highlight photos from the Conference so check them out on:
http://bitcoin2014.com/

You can play 'spot the NXT' for a while.....

(And on the whole debate issue: lets leave it for another forum. I'm not gonna get into the game of attacking other NXT'ers on this forum because of personal beliefs, so if anyone wants to debate anything, take it to the politics+society or off-topic sections and maybe I'll find time to join in. On Uniqueorn and his argumentative ways: I've had some serious arguments with him over the last months on several topics, but I've noticed that he is chilling out a bit, so don't get on his case for it, please. He's doing some seriously good work for NXT, and that is really the only point I'm concerned about here.)

Oh, god, not voting, please. I've survived 2 rounds of the voting debate, and I really can't handle a third......

Lets think about nodes, network infrastructure and Economic Clustering instead....

I agree that he's doing good work.  But I don't believe we should market Nxt as this big solution to GW.  It will backfire.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Watermelons?

Environmentalists are called watermelons because they are green on the outside but red on this inside.

Thx, slightly confusing, that was.
So, commie, basically ?

Yes, and I would also say just generally aggressive people.  Have you taken a look at Uniqueorn?  I mean, I appreciate his marketing for Nxt, but seriously hostile guy when it comes to disagreeing with him on GW.

oh wow. ive talked to him quite a bit. i didn't even know he was one of "those" guys. Roll Eyes

Yup. I am one of those who read peer reviewed studies and meta-studies instead of tabloids.
Infact the book I recommended to you on our last skype chat by Frank Luntz is fitting here Smiley
Frank Luntz was the guy who basically kick-started the entire "climate skepticism" debate for the Bush administration and is the root of most of the terminology and argumentative tactics by these so called "skeptics" (people who don't understand 5th grade science).
Here is actually Luntz' leaked memo itself that was *the* driving force behind this rhetoric: http://www.motherjones.com/files/LuntzResearch_environment.pdf
A little more context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz#Global_warming

Luntz is undoubtably one of the greatest propagandaists since Goebbels of nazi-Germany.  So eventhough I think Luntz has done irreversible damage to our world simply due to his talent, I can't help but admire it at the same time.
And Luntz being the sharp mind that he is has also, of course, accepted climate science as every other thinking individual who has reviewed the scientific literature.

I don't want to cause any bad blood between us Anon136, as I think we can work well together on projects, but when someone calls me "one of those guys", I want to put shit straight.

If you want to "put shit strait" you might consider putting an argument or two in your post Cheesy. The first sentence is an appeal to authority followed by an association fallacy. Then the rest of it is another association fallacy.

But we should respect several peoples wishes and not do this here. There is actually a thread for debate on this topic on this forum. Let me know if you leave a post there.
Jump to: