Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 420. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Guys:

The Bitcoin Foundation has put up some highlight photos from the Conference so check them out on:
http://bitcoin2014.com/

You can play 'spot the NXT' for a while.....

(And on the whole debate issue: lets leave it for another forum. I'm not gonna get into the game of attacking other NXT'ers on this forum because of personal beliefs, so if anyone wants to debate anything, take it to the politics+society or off-topic sections and maybe I'll find time to join in. On Uniqueorn and his argumentative ways: I've had some serious arguments with him over the last months on several topics, but I've noticed that he is chilling out a bit, so don't get on his case for it, please. He's doing some seriously good work for NXT, and that is really the only point I'm concerned about here.)

Oh, god, not voting, please. I've survived 2 rounds of the voting debate, and I really can't handle a third......

Lets think about nodes, network infrastructure and Economic Clustering instead....

I agree that he's doing good work.  But I don't believe we should market Nxt as this big solution to GW.  It will backfire.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Also... Nxt Arbitrary Messages are not encrypted by default. And visible to everyone if you know where to look   Shocked

Encryption is implemented in the client and I believe Offspring is the only Client so far with it up and running.

Encryption will be added in the next update of NRS/Wesleys client (according to Wesley)  Grin
If anyone was wondering if we would get Alias Transfer or Digitial Goods Store, Wesley has said they are being implemented together.

Which makes sense  Grin

https://nxtforum.org/alias-system/alias-transfer/msg29224#msg29224
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Guys:

The Bitcoin Foundation has put up some highlight photos from the Conference so check them out on:
http://bitcoin2014.com/

You can play 'spot the NXT' for a while.....

(And on the whole debate issue: lets leave it for another forum. I'm not gonna get into the game of attacking other NXT'ers on this forum because of personal beliefs, so if anyone wants to debate anything, take it to the politics+society or off-topic sections and maybe I'll find time to join in. On Uniqueorn and his argumentative ways: I've had some serious arguments with him over the last months on several topics, but I've noticed that he is chilling out a bit, so don't get on his case for it, please. He's doing some seriously good work for NXT, and that is really the only point I'm concerned about here.)

Oh, god, not voting, please. I've survived 2 rounds of the voting debate, and I really can't handle a third......

Lets think about nodes, network infrastructure and Economic Clustering instead....
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
AKA jefdiesel

it is to our community what abortion is to the establishment left and right. Cheesy

Okay, whatever works for you.

Can you think of a more divisive issue?

voting
Activity: 145
The volume on Bter has decreased a lot...
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
F**ck this derailing.

Let's go back to NXT!

Please forgive me...  but I just need a 'Heads Up'...  after you're done with the whole GW deal are you also gonna try to convince us that abortion is NOT murder???   Undecided

Nobody said that taking the Blue Pill didn't have its benefits...   Roll Eyes

Abortion is terrible, why you gotta bring that up?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I'm against global warming
and you should be too  Kiss

Now let's move back to topic.

Have you seen this fancy new explorer?

http://nextblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange
Havnt checked the accuracy of the data yet, but that certainly is what people want to use.

Nice.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1205
1) Yes, I predicted this and this is why I was so against it, people like to window shop. People like to know that everyone sees the same stuff and that they can then predict what will happen. This is what drives a speculators brain, especially daytraders. I think a hidden list and at least being able to search for the names/tickers you want would be a good compromise.
I agree, the asset list needs to be in the client! But I guess Jean-Luc and Wesley are working hard on a solution.

However, if this thread starts to turn into another debate about the GW issue, I will happily start deleting posts from both sides.

+1
No one coming to this thread wants to read this.

Take it outside.

I beg to differ.  I always find it very entertaining when I stumble upon random drama in threads  Cheesy

I don't see any drama though. I have responded respectfully with a insight that very few are aware of.
Please read up on who Frank Luntz is, then read the leaked memo, then read up on how the rhetoric and arguments surrounding climate change changed because of it and then see that Luntz himself accept climate change.
He did the same thing with Estate tax, first most americans were for it, then he told them to call it "death tax" and say so and so and suddenly everyone was against it.

He is a marketing / propaganda genius. Read his book "Words that work"

Yeah, because saying skeptics can't understand 5th grade science and just read tabloids is SOO respectful.  

And I fully except that the climate is changing.  It has for millions of years.  I'm just anti-initiation of force.  If you GW alarmists want to plant a bunch of trees to try and make things better, go for it.  Just don't ever try and shove some mandatory carbon tax down my throat and I'll be happy.  Smiley

Well this will be my concluded remarks on this as I frankly do not care.

1) The emissions that we are responsible for is mainly methane and Co2. Once you understand how these work in the atmosphere and then understand the basics of sunrays, the rest is self-explanatory. Which is why this was predicted a century ago. So obviously *any* person who rejects the *SCIENCE* behind climate change, simply do not grasp or comprehend 5th grade science. It is not my opinion, it is not an insult, it just is. As a independent fact of our Universe. Just like anyone who wants to claim that 5+5 = 332.87 simply do not understand 1st grade math.

2) As the memo *proves* the rhetoric that is regurgitated by climate skeptics come from the bs the Bush administration fed the tabloids. This is well documented and perhaps one of the most insightful modern studies on propaganda.

3) Natural climate change vs man driven is two very different things. The first takes place over millions of years, slooooooowly so that all life has time to adapt. It's when shit hapens so fast that there is literally zero evolution taking place, that species suffer. For instance Titan boa (biggest snake to ever have existed). It could crush the largest crocodiles ever (size of trucks). If you had suddenly placed it in a cold climate overnight, it would die instantly and the specie would go extinct. However if the temperature drops over the course of millions of year, they simply adapt and shrink. Which they did.
This is the problem our own specie aswell as several other innocent ones are suffering from today. We do not have time to adapt and so we get fucked instead.

4) I have never ever argued for any sort of policy in any of my climate change debates. So no idea why you bring that up. Do we *have* to deal with it somehow? Of course. Am I arguing for one way or the other? No. It would be a gigantic discussion. Which leads me to my conclusion...

Whether or not you accept science and whether or not you give a fuck about the environement, you should still be able to see what I've been arguing for over and over: THIS IS A GREAT MARKETING OPPOURTUNITY. The NXT community already having such a initiative on the exchange can give headlines. Especially given the fact that PoS is so green compared to Bitcoin.
This is a marketing oppourtunity above all else in the context of NXT

If you want to talk about it in terms of Nxt marketing, I think it's a mistake.  If you want to promote it to other people that believe in anthropogenic GW than go for it, but I think you're underestimating the amount of 'people that don't understand 5th grade science' in the bitcoin community.  If you guys think our little debates are bad, try talking about GW on a grand marketing scale for Nxt and watch what happens...
Activity: 182
NXT.org

Now that is a beauty!
Thanks for the link Achim!

It worries me a bit that the total number of asset trades per day have been going down since the 11th may...

Did the deletion of the asset list in the NRS client maybe have an effect on it?

I think it boils down to 2 issues:

1) Yes, I predicted this and this is why I was so against it, people like to window shop. People like to know that everyone sees the same stuff and that they can then predict what will happen. This is what drives a speculators brain, especially daytraders. I think a hidden list and at least being able to search for the names/tickers you want would be a good compromise.

2) Like all things new: they lose their excitement after awhile if nothing big happens. NXTs major problem is still sadly distribution. We simply do not have a huge community because such a gigantic sum is held up in a tiny percentage of owners. Not a lot of guys = not a lot of speculation = not a lot of assets being listed.
legendary
Activity: 1225

Now that is a beauty!

It worries me a bit that the total number of asset trades per day have been going down since the 11th may...

Did the deletion of the asset list in the NRS client maybe have an effect on it?
Activity: 182
NXT.org

Take it outside.

I beg to differ.  I always find it very entertaining when I stumble upon random drama in threads  Cheesy

I don't see any drama though. I have responded respectfully with a insight that very few are aware of.
Please read up on who Frank Luntz is, then read the leaked memo, then read up on how the rhetoric and arguments surrounding climate change changed because of it and then see that Luntz himself accept climate change.
He did the same thing with Estate tax, first most americans were for it, then he told them to call it "death tax" and say so and so and suddenly everyone was against it.

Yeah, because saying skeptics can't understand 5th grade science and just read tabloids is SOO respectful.  

And I fully except that the climate is changing.  It has for millions of years.  I'm just anti-initiation of force.  If you GW alarmists want to plant a bunch of trees to try and make things better, go for it.  Just don't ever try and shove some mandatory carbon tax down my throat and I'll be happy.  Smiley

Well this will be my concluded remarks on this as I frankly do not care.

1) The emissions that we are responsible for is mainly methane and Co2. Once you understand how these work in the atmosphere and then understand the basics of sunrays, the rest is self-explanatory. Which is why this was predicted a century ago. So obviously *any* person who rejects the *SCIENCE* behind climate change, simply do not grasp or comprehend 5th grade science. It is not my opinion, it is not an insult, it just is. As a independent fact of our Universe. Just like anyone who wants to claim that 5+5 = 332.87 simply do not understand 1st grade math.

2) As the memo *proves* the rhetoric that is regurgitated by climate skeptics come from the bs the Bush administration fed the tabloids. This is well documented and perhaps one of the most insightful modern studies on propaganda.

3) Natural climate change vs man driven is two very different things. The first takes place over millions of years, slooooooowly so that all life has time to adapt. It's when shit hapens so fast that there is literally zero evolution taking place, that species suffer. For instance Titan boa (biggest snake to ever have existed). It could crush the largest crocodiles ever (size of trucks). If you had suddenly placed it in a cold climate overnight, it would die instantly and the specie would go extinct. However if the temperature drops over the course of millions of year, they simply adapt and shrink. Which they did.
This is the problem our own specie aswell as several other innocent ones are suffering from today. We do not have time to adapt and so we get fucked instead.

4) I have never ever argued for any sort of policy in any of my climate change debates. So no idea why you bring that up. Do we *have* to deal with it somehow? Of course. Am I arguing for one way or the other? No. It would be a gigantic discussion. Which leads me to my conclusion...

Whether or not you accept science and whether or not you give a fuck about the environement, you should still be able to see what I've been arguing for over and over: THIS IS A GREAT MARKETING OPPOURTUNITY. The NXT community already having such a initiative on the exchange can give headlines. Especially given the fact that PoS is so green compared to Bitcoin.
This is a marketing oppourtunity above all else in the context of NXT
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

Now that is a beauty!
legendary
Activity: 1225
Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I'm against global warming
and you should be too  Kiss

Now let's move back to topic.

I just want to point out that this thread is about Nxt, and not just about one single Asset that one person put out there.

It's up to people whether to buy it or not, or to support it or not.

However, if this thread starts to turn into another debate about the GW issue, I will happily start deleting posts from both sides.

Frankly, I do not care about on which side of the fence people are, and I am going to be indiscriminate about keeping this thread on topic if it gets out of hand.
Experience teaches that this discussion only very seldomly leads to anything constructive, but tends to gravitate towards mindless "yes", "no" and "you're an idiot" comments.
That's sad, but it's apparently how it is.

Feel free to continue the discussion in another thread, and let's get back to Nxt.  Smiley

Sorry you're uncomfortable.

Edit: Nxt is awesome!

Take it outside.

I beg to differ.  I always find it very entertaining when I stumble upon random drama in threads  Cheesy

Edit: Why don't you ask the CEO of Overstock if he is interested in paying a carbon tax?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
I just want to point out that this thread is about Nxt, and not just about one single Asset that one person put out there.

It's up to people whether to buy it or not, or to support it or not.

Frankly, I do not care about on which side of the fence people are, and I am going to be indiscriminate about keeping this thread on topic if it gets out of hand.
Experience teaches that this discussion only very seldomly leads to anything constructive, but tends to gravitate towards mindless "yes", "no" and "you're an idiot" comments.
That's sad, but it's apparently how it is.

Feel free to continue the discussion in another thread, and let's get back to Nxt.  Smiley

Jump to: