Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 421. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
NXT.org
No one coming to this thread wants to read this.

Take it outside.

I beg to differ.  I always find it very entertaining when I stumble upon random drama in threads  Cheesy

I don't see any drama though. I have responded respectfully with a insight that very few are aware of.
Please read up on who Frank Luntz is, then read the leaked memo, then read up on how the rhetoric and arguments surrounding climate change changed because of it and then see that Luntz himself accept climate change.
He did the same thing with Estate tax, first most americans were for it, then he told them to call it "death tax" and say so and so and suddenly everyone was against it.

He is a marketing / propaganda genius. Read his book "Words that work"
Activity: 168

Take it outside.

I beg to differ.  I always find it very entertaining when I stumble upon random drama in threads  Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Take it outside.

Yup. I am one of those who read peer reviewed studies and meta-studies instead of tabloids.
Infact the book I recommended to you on our last skype chat by Frank Luntz is fitting here Smiley
Frank Luntz was the guy who basically kick-started the entire "climate skepticism" debate for the Bush administration and is the root of most of the terminology and argumentative tactics by these so called "skeptics" (people who don't understand 5th grade science).
Here is actually Luntz' leaked memo itself that was *the* driving force behind this rhetoric: http://www.motherjones.com/files/LuntzResearch_environment.pdf
A little more context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz#Global_warming

Luntz is undoubtably one of the greatest propagandaists since Goebbels of nazi-Germany.  So eventhough I think Luntz has done irreversible damage to our world simply due to his talent, I can't help but admire it at the same time.
And Luntz being the sharp mind that he is has also, of course, accepted climate science as every other thinking individual who has reviewed the scientific literature.

I don't want to cause any bad blood between us Anon136, as I think we can work well together on projects, but when someone calls me "one of those guys", I want to put shit straight.

To be fair to Anon, I was the one who called you out, not him.  And I called you out for being aggressive and hostile, not because of your views on GW which we know won't change.  You seem literally INCAPABLE of having a conversation about it without being condescending and throwing a few insults, and I find most global warming alarmists are the same.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
forging nxt bring only marginal profit if any, at least at the current market activity Cry

Forging is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It provides minimal compensation for the minimal cost associated with protecting the network, thereby benefitting everyone.
I haven't looked into what the numbers would be on greater adoption/price/traffic, though someone else probably has.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
forging nxt bring only marginal profit if any, at least at the current market activity Cry
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Watermelons?
Environmentalists are called watermelons because they are green on the outside but red on this inside.

Well, I cannot think of anything more elegant than a watermelon man Cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aONiEn8NHQA
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I'm coming out, I'm one of "those" guys too. Please don't hate on me  Undecided
Activity: 182
NXT.org
Watermelons?

Environmentalists are called watermelons because they are green on the outside but red on this inside.

Thx, slightly confusing, that was.
So, commie, basically ?

Yes, and I would also say just generally aggressive people.  Have you taken a look at Uniqueorn?  I mean, I appreciate his marketing for Nxt, but seriously hostile guy when it comes to disagreeing with him on GW.

oh wow. ive talked to him quite a bit. i didn't even know he was one of "those" guys. Roll Eyes

Yup. I am one of those who read peer reviewed studies and meta-studies instead of tabloids.
Infact the book I recommended to you on our last skype chat by Frank Luntz is fitting here Smiley
Frank Luntz was the guy who basically kick-started the entire "climate skepticism" debate for the Bush administration and is the root of most of the terminology and argumentative tactics by these so called "skeptics" (people who don't understand 5th grade science).
Here is actually Luntz' leaked memo itself that was *the* driving force behind this rhetoric: http://www.motherjones.com/files/LuntzResearch_environment.pdf
A little more context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz#Global_warming

Luntz is undoubtably one of the greatest propagandaists since Goebbels of nazi-Germany.  So eventhough I think Luntz has done irreversible damage to our world simply due to his talent, I can't help but admire it at the same time.
And Luntz being the sharp mind that he is has also, of course, accepted climate science as every other thinking individual who has reviewed the scientific literature.

I don't want to cause any bad blood between us Anon136, as I think we can work well together on projects, but when someone calls me "one of those guys", I want to put shit straight.

oh wow. ive talked to him quite a bit. i didn't even know he was one of "those" guys. Roll Eyes

Cheesy

it is to our community what abortion is to the establishment left and right. Cheesy

Okay, whatever works for you.

Can you think of a more divisive issue?

I've learned long ago that arguing on topics such as GW or abortion with the opposite minded is pointless.  Minds don't change at our age.

That's simply not true. I always change my position in the face of good arguments. I've done it more times than I can count. Not only that but i'm constantly attacking my own beliefs, relentlessly looking for the tiniest flaw.

The sign of true critical thinking ability and self knowledge.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

it is to our community what abortion is to the establishment left and right. Cheesy

I've learned long ago that arguing on topics such as GW or abortion with the opposite minded is pointless.  Minds don't change at our age.

That's simply not true. I always change my position in the face of good arguments. I've done it more times than I can count. Not only that but i'm constantly attacking my own beliefs, relentlessly looking for the tiniest flaw.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

I've learned long ago that arguing on topics such as GW or abortion with the opposite minded is pointless.  Minds don't change at our age.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Watermelons?

So, commie, basically ?

Yes, and I would also say just generally aggressive people.  Have you taken a look at Uniqueorn?  I mean, I appreciate his marketing for Nxt, but seriously hostile guy when it comes to disagreeing with him on GW.

Seems like an unproductive topic. If you don't like the asset, don't buy it.  I for one appreciate any asset from valued members of our community.

legendary
Watermelons?

So, commie, basically ?

Seems like an unproductive topic. If you don't like the asset, don't buy it.  I for one appreciate any asset from valued members of our community.
legendary
Watermelons?

So, commie, basically ?

Watermelons?

So, commie, basically ?

Watermelons?

Bwahaha!  I hadn't heard that one.  Thanks  Grin
Jump to: