Pages:
Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 83. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
I am very disappointed that not even NXT is now Open Source anymore. BCNext would probably turn in his grave. Even NEM is now a more decentralized option than NXT.

I am considering to fork away with an 1.11.5 node on the hard fork block and contribute to mantain the original chain. Or directly to start a clean fork based on a snapshot, to avoid all the hassles. Jelurida is risking that NXT will also have its "Bitcoin Cash" drama.

What is that, according to you: https://bitbucket.org/Jelurida/nxt/src? Nxt is and always was opens source, same will be with Ardor, when it will go live.
Activity: 560
Merit: 261

Added code to disable trading or transferring of assets that will be migrated
to Ardor after the Ardor Genesis Snapshot, and delete open ask/bid orders for
them at that time. Currently such assets and their ids are:

ARDR: 12422608354438203866
Bitswift: 12034575542068240440
Janus: 4348103880042995903
JanusXT: 14572747084550678873
ComJNSXT: 13363533560620557665

When will Ardor Genesis Snapshot take place?
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
I am very disappointed that not even NXT is now Open Source anymore. BCNext would probably turn in his grave. Even NEM is now a more decentralized option than NXT.

I am considering to fork away with an 1.11.5 node on the hard fork block and contribute to mantain the original chain. Or directly to start a clean fork based on a snapshot, to avoid all the hassles. Jelurida is risking that NXT will also have its "Bitcoin Cash" drama.

I agree, decentralisation is the top priority, otherwise crypto has no point.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist

legendary
v1.11.6 is now released https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=13853.0

Changelog:
IMPORTANT LICENSING CHANGE:

The Nxt software is now distributed under the Jelurida Public License (JPL)
version 1.0 for the Nxt Public Blockchain Platform. The full text of the JPL
is in the LICENSE.txt file (use JPL-NRS.pdf for a printable version).

The client UI remains under the MIT license.

This release is a mandatory upgrade. A hard fork will be scheduled at the
Ardor Genesis Snapshot block, expected to be set some time after the end of
the IGNIS token sale. At that time, nodes running 1.11.5 or older will be left
on a fork.

Added IGNIS Token Sale page. See https://www.jelurida.com/ico for latest token
sale terms and schedule.

Added support for the Changelly cryptocurrency exchange.

Added code to disable trading or transferring of assets that will be migrated
to Ardor after the Ardor Genesis Snapshot, and delete open ask/bid orders for
them at that time. Currently such assets and their ids are:

ARDR: 12422608354438203866
Bitswift: 12034575542068240440
Janus: 4348103880042995903
JanusXT: 14572747084550678873
ComJNSXT: 13363533560620557665

Added support for printing a "paper wallet" when creating a new account and
from the account details modal.

Added a custom installer panel that allows to: shutdown NXT server if it is
running; remove existing installation; customize conf/nxt.properties by
choosing from a fixed set of settings.

The pre-defined installer settings are taken from property files under
conf/examples. The installer makes sure no settings are in conflict.

Added password recovery tool for brute forcing partially forgotten or mistyped
passphrases. Use the passwordRecovery.sh or passwordRecovery.bat script to run,
after first setting the known password text fragments and guesses dictionary in
nxt.properties. See nxt-default.properties for configuration details.

Added ability to display a custom warning message on the login screen,
configurable as nxt.customLoginWarning.

Added active shufflings notification in the header bar.

Added image loading progress bar to the lock screen.

Performance optimizations when under higher transaction load.

Monetary System UI improvements and bugfixes.

API gzip filter is now automatically enabled for open API nodes, unless
explicitly disabled in nxt.enableAPIServerGZIPFilter.

Support running Nxt as a Windows service.

Updated mobile app to latest Cordova Android platform.

Added IntelliJ IDE project files to folder ./ide/intellij/project, developers
working on the source code should copy the content of folder
./ide/intellij/project to the root folder of the project and open the project
from inside IntelliJ using File-Open for the project root folder.
The IntelliJ project is pre-configured with the necessary dependencies to build
and run the Java source code.
To copy the IntelliJ files to the project root folder, open a command prompt
at the project root folder and issue the following command:
Windows: xcopy /e/k/s/h ide\intellij\project .
Linux: cp -r ide/intellij/project/. .

Updated H2 to version 1.4.196, bouncy castle to 1.57, and jetty to 9.3.20.
Delete the old lib folder first if unpacking on top.
legendary
hello, does anybody know if poloniex will allow users the  ignis token for holding the coin on exchange or is it only for those forging.
ive coins on exchange and in wallet.

It's not yet confirmed, that some exchange will help with Ignis distribution. Last year main exchanges helped with ARDR asset distribution, so probably they will help also with Ignis distribution. But, anyway, the safest place to keep your funds is your own wallet you control. Official NxtNRS client could be downloaded from www.nxt.org/download
Activity: 560
Merit: 261
hello, does anybody know if poloniex will allow users the  ignis token for holding the coin on exchange or is it only for those forging.

I remembered you can get it even if it is in poloniex.
But I recommend you ask it on https://nxtforum.org/
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Activity: 378
Guys I don't understand what you talking about but just want to ask a question.
Do you think Nxt is going to break new record as price?  Grin

Ardor will for sure Wink

ardor will up again ?

I believe so. It hasn't been launched yet, still in testing.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Ardor will for sure Wink

ardor will up again ?
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Many things are explained by Lior Yaffe, one of the core devs interview: http://neocashradio.com/blog/nxt-ardor-ignis-ico-explained-interview-lior-yaffe-jelurida/

thanks for sharing. Quoted from the article:
Once the sale has elapsed or completed any remaining unsold IGNIS combined with 500 million more will be distributed to those addresses holding NXT at a rate of about 0.5 IGNIS per NXT. So even if a NXT holder did not participate in the ICO they would still receive IGNIS.

so it is possible that NXT holders who did not participate in the ICO will receive IGNIS at a rate of larger than 0.5 IGNIS per NXT.
legendary
Many things are explained by Lior Yaffe, one of the core devs interview: http://neocashradio.com/blog/nxt-ardor-ignis-ico-explained-interview-lior-yaffe-jelurida/
Activity: 396
In case you didn't know...

https://www.nxter.org/nxt-news-july-2017-iv/

You can subscribe to the weekly Ardor + Nxt news here: https://nxter.org/newsletters + follow that https://twitter.com/Nxter_org
Activity: 378

Ardor will for sure Wink
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
legendary
Barrabas, can't help you, really, if you read and can't understand what you read. And yes, do not waste your time here, please.
legendary
Merit: 1000
martismartis, I don't understand you, really. "The team" has not even pretended, since they announced the creation of Jelurida, a private (theirs) entirely for-profit company, for it to be anything but a wait to exploit, for their own benefit, the NEXT/ARDOR network. That bold expression of unmitigated greed, I have to give it to them, has always been in the open. From the very beginning of the scheme that was the announcement of Ardor. I am not going to waste my time digging posts of over a year ago stating, openly and clearly, that, after IGNIS, they would sell the childchains for profit and, when asked, they responded that the benefit for Ardor holders was the forging fees. After that and very recently, they have come with this other concept of "bundlers", which is a variation of the same thing and will be paid the same way. You prefer to believe that child chains will be free, hey, great, do so. You will find out soon enough.

We will also find out that this whole enchilada simply doesn't work and that it is, in reality, a poor man's copy of the Ethereum system -not protocol, system-. Because, as you know, anyone can launch his/her own token on top of Ethereum on a do-it-yourself basis. Cannot possibly be simpler. So what is it again that those child chains bring to the table? Nothing but a -by comparison- minimally supported network that will be clogged and hacked the moment anything moving any significant amount of money/traffic is put through it... if someone is crazy enough to try when they can do it in Ethereum, which is already stress tested (to the limit of clogging itself) and that has been implemented by projects moving millions of transactions and dollars. And that is still the crypto world ONLY, not any private organization, be it financial, commercial or any other kind in the real world. So count that, again, as what it is: A scheme to get quite a few million dollars in the pockets of "The Team", nothing else.

But I am not going to insist in the obvious points already stated many times. It won't work with the convinced, like yourself, and the rest that value their money have already enough information in this and other threads. Just to clarify one more time, "child chains" is an euphemism for "tokens", nothing else. And despite claims to the contrary, it remains to be seen the level of capacity and security that they can offer for, as the team confesses openly in your quoted test, they have no idea as to the amount of resources they will require, pruning or no pruning -which is another thing that would require quite a bit of an explanation to convince anyone with brains that it will offer the same level of security that the real thing-. But that will be for another thread or post and I am not even remotely interested in questioning something that will doom itself in real usage in a very short period of time.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I saw specific details of Ignis before ICO, but there was no specific time
legendary
Barrabas, yes you are fudding. Here si some information for you, taken from https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-blockchain-platform-design :

6. Implementation phases
The full roll-out of the Nxt 2.0 / Ardor design will not happen all in a single step, but as common in large software projects is planned to be implemented in several phases.

A. First, a system consisting of the forging chain and a few hard-coded child chains will be created. This has already been achieved on the public Ardor testnet, and a production launch is planned for Q3 2017. Each child chain is using its own native token, and child chain transactions are bundled in ChildChainBlock transactions on the forging chain. However, while future pruning of these transactions is possible, it is not yet implemented. As the system is just starting and total transaction count in the first few months after launch will be low, pruning is not yet really needed. Snapshot calculation and propagation are also not implemented, and since there is no pruning, all nodes store all child chain data in this phase.

B. Next, pruning, snapshot calculation, and snapshot propagation will be implemented. This functionality is expected to be on testnet in Q4 2017, and pushed to production in 2018. It will be then possible to prune child chain transactions, even retroactively those already submitted in phase A, because they are created as prunable by design. Each node will be storing the transactions of only the child chains the node owner is interested in, with archival nodes providing the service of making old transactions available for download by others. Child chain creation will still be a manual process.

C. Full automation of the child chain creation lifecycle. Users will be able to create their own child chains, without depending on the Jelurida development team. At this stage, we will have much better understanding of the actual needs of child chain creators, the resources a child chain consumes and parameters it needs defined, and thus will be able to automate the process by adding the required transaction types to make it all self-serve.

D. Advanced concepts of the so-called "transparent forging" design can be put in place, allowing reduction of block times and increase of transaction processing throughput based on prediction of next forger, penalty for forgers missing their turn to forge, sending of transactions directly to the forging hub of the next forger, and so on. Many of those potential improvements are only needed when there is a demand for high transaction processing capacity, but this demand can be satisfied only after the scalability and bloat reduction features have been provided by the prunable child chain design in the previous phases.

Take a look at the point C bolded part. How Jelurida will sell child chains? Do you have another information? Bring it on or stop fudding.
legendary
Merit: 1000
For you everything is FUD. Think whatever you must, I could care less. Big money is what everyone on the planet -every enterprise able to sell it- charges those who purchase it, any kind of tech for private use. Thousand of multi-billion companies do that, everything from games to spreadsheets and everything in between. So these regrettably greedy individuals will get potentially tens, hundreds of millions of dollars. What does it matter if they charge 5, 50, 500, or 5 mill? it will depend on what the markets are willing to pay for it.

The point, once again, is that you, the holder of NXT/Ardor/Ignis, you get NOTHING and they get it all. On your shoulders. Not only because you have supported this project purchasing the coins/tokens and forging to strengthen the network, but because you continue being the backbone of the side products (or child chains) that they sell, FOR THEMSELVES, on the side. It is beyond greedy, beyond unethical, beyond description. Only total idiots hoping for this to add value to their coins will support this. The overwhelming majority of anyone with a smidget of brains will put their efforts and their money in support of any of the many projects already in existence -and many more to come- that will FAIRLY distribute their future profits, ALL their future profits, in a manner that is ethical and FAIR.

But you know that very well already. So do the ones that, like you, will continue on the boat. Well, you all deserve what's coming to you. Don't expect any sympathies. 
Pages:
Jump to: