Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 29. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Are things disappearing from the site?  The ATX PSU is gone, as well as one of the mobos. 

Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Hi octominer - quick question regarding chassis/motherboard and server psu.

Server PSU will use 2x 6 pin for motherboard and remaining 8 x 6 pin for gpu's. How will the chassis fans be powered?
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
@octominer Can we please get an update about shipment date for orders made until now? Thank you.

Hi! Currently date is still the same as stated before, all orders of the current batch will be sent out between February 5th and 8th. Smiley
Activity: 2
@octominer Can we please get an update about shipment date for orders made until now? Thank you.
Activity: 25
I bought their mobo ,ram, ssd and psu. So far I've managed to buy 5 zotac 1070 minis, I have 3 more available to me by tomorrow to make it 8. I am wondering if their PSU would be able to handle the 8 1070 minis? it says its 1200w on 110v, and that's what I am going to be using. If not, what would you guys recommend doing? That case looks nice btw, but I am also worried about the space for the psus, if I need 2 of them they might not fit in.

Let me know what you guys think
Activity: 106
No, I've been mining on and off since 2012. I still use ribbon cables on one of my rigs and they work great, fyi.
The 1080TI loves more power, and the gain in hashrate on core intensive algorithms from running with full OC at 120% far outweighs the additional power cost, unless you're paying over $0.30/kwh. Undervolting *is* used by the eth mining community, and those mining memory intensive algorithms, but that's quite frankly a complete waste on a 1080ti...its a core beast.

Not sure if y’all are new to mining but undervolting is not considered crippling the card in mining when you have power usuage to consider. Also, are you sure 300 watts on each 1080ti is accurate, nor,ally it’s like, 180 to 200 watts.
Finally, I’ve never seen a build where a card with 2 connectors on top weren’t run off a single pcie using a splitter from pcie to two 6+2 plug, that’s how all 46 of my 1070ti are wired, of course I’m not running at 300watts a card.

In the reddit post about octomimer mobo, they guy from company posted a link to the 1080ti models they were testing 8 of and he was supposed to temperature results. I know he said since the board uses mobile cpu and ram, it only draw like 40 watts so almost all your 2200 watts is available for cards. Hope that helps
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Looks interesting, i see many good feedback ... buy soon
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Hey guys,

I'm going "all in" with this board (memory, SSD, mobo, chassis, PSU), but I know I can't just go buying GPUs left and right as it appears that there will be a tight fit depending on what I get.

Looking at the messages here, I need to go for "2 slot" and "no backplate".  Does anyone here know an optimal card that fits those parameters?  I would like to go all 1080tis (as I find them), but it appears that might not work as they tend to be "fatter" cards.

Check the manufacters card website ie Zotac 1080ti, Gigabyte 1080ti whatever and then check the specifications it will give you the dimensions and you can see if it will fit with the octominer boards
Hey guys,

I'm going "all in" with this board (memory, SSD, mobo, chassis, PSU), but I know I can't just go buying GPUs left and right as it appears that there will be a tight fit depending on what I get.

Looking at the messages here, I need to go for "2 slot" and "no backplate".  Does anyone here know an optimal card that fits those parameters?  I would like to go all 1080tis (as I find them), but it appears that might not work as they tend to be "fatter" cards.
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
I'm uterly concerned about heating. Is there any review out there yet?
Activity: 74
Each of my 1080Ti's run at 300W, but that includes the water pump.  Without it, I think it would push close to 250W peak at stock settings.
Activity: 12
Not sure if y’all are new to mining but undervolting is not considered crippling the card in mining when you have power usuage to consider. Also, are you sure 300 watts on each 1080ti is accurate, nor,ally it’s like, 180 to 200 watts.
Finally, I’ve never seen a build where a card with 2 connectors on top weren’t run off a single pcie using a splitter from pcie to two 6+2 plug, that’s how all 46 of my 1070ti are wired, of course I’m not running at 300watts a card.

In the reddit post about octomimer mobo, they guy from company posted a link to the 1080ti models they were testing 8 of and he was supposed to temperature results. I know he said since the board uses mobile cpu and ram, it only draw like 40 watts so almost all your 2200 watts is available for cards. Hope that helps
Activity: 106
Unless you cripple the 1080TI by powerlimiting, there is no way 2200w will handle 8 cards.
My 1080tis are pulling ~300w each while mining with a decent overclock. Even on default settings they'll still spike well over 200...

So, I put in an order for the mobo, the box, and the server style PSU.  I noticed that it's 2200 watts (240v), but only 10 6-pins.

I have plans for this to power 8 1080tis (once I find them).  All 1080tis together is just 1600 watts on neoscrypt, well below the 2200 watt maximum, but it only comes with 8 usable 6 pins, since the board itself needs 2 to power on.

Anyone know what I should do in this situation?

I found a 6 pin to two 6+2 pins adaptor/splitter that should work, but that seems awfully dangerous. 

Anyone have any idea how best to use the server PSU with a host of 1080tis?
Activity: 1
Is there still stock left on this batch of boards?
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
So, I put in an order for the mobo, the box, and the server style PSU.  I noticed that it's 2200 watts (240v), but only 10 6-pins.

I have plans for this to power 8 1080tis (once I find them).  All 1080tis together is just 1600 watts on neoscrypt, well below the 2200 watt maximum, but it only comes with 8 usable 6 pins, since the board itself needs 2 to power on.

I found a 6 pin to two 6+2 pins adaptor/splitter that should work, but that seems awfully dangerous.  

I think you will need to use multiple PSUs if you're going to run 8 GPUs that each require 2 PCIE connectors. I know of breakout boards that support 16 PCIE connectors, but you would need 18 in all. The real issue is what gauge the PCEIE cables are. If they are 18 gauge then you don't want to consider splitters, but if you have heavier duty cables it's a possibility.

Yeah the x7/x8 breakout boards are perfect = 24/32 connectors! But only if the delta psu is ever in stock again Cry

PCIE 8pin spec is 150W, so depending on the card, if you run <75% PL you *might* be ok with a splitter but personally I'd prefer to avoid finding out the hard way, especially with a 1080ti!

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
So, I put in an order for the mobo, the box, and the server style PSU.  I noticed that it's 2200 watts (240v), but only 10 6-pins.

I have plans for this to power 8 1080tis (once I find them).  All 1080tis together is just 1600 watts on neoscrypt, well below the 2200 watt maximum, but it only comes with 8 usable 6 pins, since the board itself needs 2 to power on.

I think you will need to use multiple PSUs if you're going to run 8 GPUs that each require 2 PCIE connectors. I know of breakout boards that support 16 PCIE connectors, but you would need 18 in all. The real issue is what gauge the PCEIE cables are. If they are 18 gauge then you don't want to consider splitters, but if you have heavier duty cables it's a possibility.
Activity: 74

Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Hi Octominer,

What is the deal with 90+ Gold certification on PSU? Can't you get real 80+ certification instead?

Wow, I didn't even realize it wasn't the real deal until I saw your message.  That's pretty scammy.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt I guess they want to indicate it is over 90% efficient rather than scam the official certification… @octominer has been very good to deal with so I'm sure will clarify
Pages:
Jump to: