Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 27. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 8
We had a tracking number mixup during the shipping process!
Our shipping agent accidentally uploaded wrong tracking numbers into the tracking system and they were emailed to some of our clients. Those numbers are used internally for the shipping agents to track the shipments until they reach DHL. We will send everybody the correct and updated tracking numbers on Monday night/Tuesday morning!
We are currently finishing the packing and shipping for the February batch of motherboards, everything will be sent out by Sunday night.
Thanks again to everyone who made a purchase and sorry for the tracking number mixup!

Just letting everybody know that we are on it and the problem will be solved in a bit. Smiley

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
All of my 1070 tis have a single 8pin connector. The PSU only has x10 6pin. Can I use a 6pin to 8+2 to power my cards? AND after ordering, I noticed the PSU on back order. How long is it going to be on back order? Will it be here when my march shipment of board comes in?

Currently we still have stock of the Server PSU. The ATX PSU is sold out at the moment.
Yes, you can use adapters to get everything working. We actually provide 10x 6PIN to 2x6+2PIN cables for free with the Server PSU.
Activity: 4
hello @Octominer  any update information on the shipping ?? have you shipped already and waiting for the tracking no??

Hi!
All our team is currently working overtime to make sure every order is shipped out before Chinese New Year holiday starts and DHL stops working. All orders from the February batch will be shipped out by Sunday, we are currently half way through the shipping process and have shipped out half of the orders. Tracking numbers will be mass emailed to everybody on Monday.

can you replay to sxott72 question please i wanna know that too Smiley
hello @Octominer  any update information on the shipping ?? have you shipped already and waiting for the tracking no??

Hi!
All our team is currently working overtime to make sure every order is shipped out before Chinese New Year holiday starts and DHL stops working. All orders from the February batch will be shipped out by Sunday, we are currently half way through the shipping process and have shipped out half of the orders. Tracking numbers will be mass emailed to everybody on Monday.
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
What do you think about the small distance between each card ? i guess its a bad point for air circulation so for temperature.

It's not a problem if you have additional cooling fans pushing some air onto the cards.
For example in the case we have with 7 fans, the GTX 1060 cards with OC all run around 50-65c, depending on the ambient in the room, 65C only if the room is at 32C.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
All of my 1070 tis have a single 8pin connector. The PSU only has x10 6pin. Can I use a 6pin to 8+2 to power my cards? AND after ordering, I noticed the PSU on back order. How long is it going to be on back order? Will it be here when my march shipment of board comes in?

I've bought 6 pin to 8 pin connectors for mine it should be fine as modern cards especially if undervolted won't draw too much power. The PSU would definitely be ready for March batch. The only thing unlikely to come back in stock is the motherboard with the faster processor as they are having trouble purchasing those chips

What do you think about the small distance between each card ? i guess its a bad point for air circulation so for temperature.

It can be tight depending on the card. Air flow is pretty important with this compared to using risers in a more spacious rig. These fans are loud/powerful so they will do the job
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Activity: 28
Nice. Sell it with ram combo and I’m sold. Buying stuff from many different vendors suck, so I like it..

We actually have all the parts on our website, like ram, ssd and PSUs.
Activity: 227
Merit: 101
Nice. Sell it with ram combo and I’m sold. Buying stuff from many different vendors suck, so I like it..
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Hello Octominer
Some small questions
- what is the shipping date of the next batch of motherboards ?
- you sell only the motherboard with intel 3865u processor ?
- I do not see an RJ45 port on the pictures of the 4U RACK CHASSIS !
- Is the power cable length of the Octominer Server PSU so long enough to connect to all the GPUs in the 4U RACK CHASSIS ?
- what is the discount for the purchase of 10 units (MOTHERBOARD / SERVER PSU / RACK CHASSIS / SSD 120 GB / RAM 8 GB) ?

Thank you

This is actually a good question, where the hell is the network port on the 4U chassis?
Supposed to be on the rear side of the case, but can't see it on the pictures.

I suppose owners will need to drill a hole...

Or…?!

Would be neater if it was with the other ports though…
Activity: 31
Hello Octominer
Some small questions
- what is the shipping date of the next batch of motherboards ?
- you sell only the motherboard with intel 3865u processor ?
- I do not see an RJ45 port on the pictures of the 4U RACK CHASSIS !
- Is the power cable length of the Octominer Server PSU so long enough to connect to all the GPUs in the 4U RACK CHASSIS ?
- what is the discount for the purchase of 10 units (MOTHERBOARD / SERVER PSU / RACK CHASSIS / SSD 120 GB / RAM 8 GB) ?

Thank you

This is actually a good question, where the hell is the network port on the 4U chassis?
Supposed to be on the rear side of the case, but can't see it on the pictures.

I suppose owners will need to drill a hole...
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
That's nice you like those boards and risers. Calling the Octominer product a fail is a bit harsh, sure they might not work for your needs but each approach has pros and cons.

I have two riserless rigs (not Octominers but basically the same form factor). I'd recommend nvidia cards with them as they run cooler. Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's (ok hybrids would be awesome but that's going to cost a shitload) but cooling 1060s is no problem with 4 fans extracting heat and 1070s are OK with intake fans and smart heat management around the rigs. I don't miss risers at all on them.

If you are building a bunch of rigs riserless are less hassle too – plug in the cards, ram + ssd, connect fans and you're away.

i agree. i have a riserless 8 card board (not octominers but similar) setup and will never again use risers in a rig. much easier to work on, very stable. cooling is a breeze with 4x140s pushing air at them (open air rig) and its pretty quiet to boot. and depending on slot spacing (it varies per board) cooling 8x1080tis should be doable. mine has 2.5 slot spacing which is a plus, but that means it wont fit in a 4U chassis. but putting 8 monster delta fans in a closed case with a mobo with 2 slot spacing and 8x1080tis could be done (i believe, not seen it done but im sure someone will do it.. love to see that). air flow is king, force enough air through and you can cool most anything. if you can stand the noise of 8x 6000 rpm screamers..

perhaps i will be proven wrong though. whos gonna be the 1st to do it? heh

Activity: 6
Can you please let me know if my order made the feb batch shipment? Still in processing status per octominer.com. order # 16004. Thanks
Activity: 8
@octominer.
I have a question regarding the PCIe x16 slots.  Does this MOB support PCIe 3.0 or only PCIe 2.0?  Your website does not indicate what spec it follows.  By my mistake I originally thought this used the 3955u which is PCIe 3.0 (I have one).  So last night I was looking at the spec for the 3855u processor at the intel site which indicates PCIe 2.0 only for this processor.  The high-end GPU's that require PCI 3.0 are not supported?  A cursory scan of GPU cards seems to indicated many need it, besides the Vega64 FE's.  Please clarify...and hold my order because if this is the case I need to cancel it.

EDIT:  Just wanted to update my post to say that @octominer PM'ed me that the PCIe x16 is only 2.0.  Decided to not cancel the order, still like the product just won't use PCIe 3.0 cards in it.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
This board going to have massive problems with hot cards! Dont forget, the hoter your gpu is the slower it works. So single Sapphiere RX 580 Nitro+ can do 32.5 Mhs with ETH at 70°C it becomes more memory errors and need to be restart or it hangs in windows same problem will be with linux. What happens if one of the this china capacitors are dead? You need to send it back and your miner stops making moneys... =( Sorry Octominer but its fail!

I prefer this mainboards http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=886 and simple 008C Risers which I can change if they are dead it also cost less even with CPU and have 2-3 Years warranty.

That's nice you like those boards and risers. Calling the Octominer product a fail is a bit harsh, sure they might not work for your needs but each approach has pros and cons.

I have two riserless rigs (not Octominers but basically the same form factor). I'd recommend nvidia cards with them as they run cooler. Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's (ok hybrids would be awesome but that's going to cost a shitload) but cooling 1060s is no problem with 4 fans extracting heat and 1070s are OK with intake fans and smart heat management around the rigs. I don't miss risers at all on them.

If you are building a bunch of rigs riserless are less hassle too – plug in the cards, ram + ssd, connect fans and you're away.

Activity: 241
Merit: 100
Well ive started using risers in 2013 and if they are broken or dead just swap them thats all its like only 4$ in 6-12 Months. My Rig run also efficient 180 Mhs at 690 Watt fans goes on only if it reaches 50°C and runs for some seconds. I had close builds and it was suck it was very hot and very very loud you cant have it at home.. In sommer cooling system at 100% all the time and you also need to downgrade them because of overheat and -10 Mhs pro rigs kind of lot of moneys and they still runing at 75°C. Risers from 008C version are good they got 25V capacitors and can hold Vega64 easy without spikes. Well, its only my expierence.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
This board going to have massive problems with hot cards! Dont forget, the hoter your gpu is the slower it works. So single Sapphiere RX 580 Nitro+ can do 32.5 Mhs with ETH at 70°C it becomes more memory errors and need to be restart or it hangs in windows same problem will be with linux. What happens if one of the this china capacitors are dead? You need to send it back and your miner stops making moneys... =( Sorry Octominer but its fail!

I prefer this mainboards http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=886 and simple 008C Risers which I can change if they are dead it also cost less even with CPU and have 2-3 Years warranty.

Your asking for trouble mining at max like that with your cards personally I undervolt and save myself some heat and energy consumption.

Time will tell with these mobos but with high flow fans heat shouldn't be a problem as seen in the videos from octominer.com

The whole concept is to get away from risers which cause all sorts of issues particularly because of poor  quality control in production  
Pages:
Jump to: