Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 36. (Read 35276 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Any updates on compatibility with the AMD 7000 series CPU's and the R9's?

I'm currently running a mix of both but would be interested in this board to simplify setup.

Also, how is power controlled? I see that it does not have a 24pin atx connector located at the solder points on the board so it must pull all the power from the 6pin connectors, I'm wondering how power on/off is accomplished. Personally I'd like to have 2 or 3 24pin atx connectors, even if just to be able to control the power on/off of multiple PSU's without the need for extra adapters or splicing wires.

Hi!

I have not tested it with 7000 series or R9  cards, but I did test it with a AMD HD 6990 and it worked perfectly fine. So I am quite sure the AMD 7000 series and R9 cards work fine too.
Power is delivered via 2X 6 PIN connectors to the motherboard. Once you switch on the power supply then the motherboard will turn on also. No need to splice any extra wires.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Any updates on compatibility with the AMD 7000 series CPU's and the R9's?

I'm currently running a mix of both but would be interested in this board to simplify setup.

Also, how is power controlled? I see that it does not have a 24pin atx connector located at the solder points on the board so it must pull all the power from the 6pin connectors, I'm wondering how power on/off is accomplished. Personally I'd like to have 2 or 3 24pin atx connectors, even if just to be able to control the power on/off of multiple PSU's without the need for extra adapters or splicing wires.
Are there any chassis recommendations for this board?

Cheers,
Andy

We will have the 4U rack mount chassis in the shop soon. It will come with 7X high power delta fans, the fans are loud but have really high airflow and are very efficient at cooling. For testing purposes I switched them out for more quiet ones on the 8X 1060 GTX test rig, temps were around 55-63 before. Now with the quieter fans the temps are 65-72C.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEkYGOBeQcw

Could you add the option to purchase the rack mount with the quieter fans? Interested in picking up the mobo but will wait for a good chassis to come up

May I suggest selling the bulk rack chassis without fan's (maybe as an option)?

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks for the recommendation. We will add it as an option soon, once we get the cases in stock next week.
Activity: 48

Cheers,
Andy

We will have the 4U rack mount chassis in the shop soon. It will come with 7X high power delta fans, the fans are loud but have really high airflow and are very efficient at cooling. For testing purposes I switched them out for more quiet ones on the 8X 1060 GTX test rig, temps were around 55-63 before. Now with the quieter fans the temps are 65-72C.

Could you add the option to purchase the rack mount with the quieter fans? Interested in picking up the mobo but will wait for a good chassis to come up

May I suggest selling the bulk rack chassis without fan's (maybe as an option)?

Cheers,
Andy

I don't know what to discuss. ASRock H81 Pro BTC is worth less than $ 100. No need to book in advance. Came into the store and bought it. You can explain to me the economic feasibility of purchasing the motherboard for $ 200? For mining it is very important to minimize the cost of purchasing equipment. This store does not offer the best conditions.
This includes the CPU and no need to buy 8 risers or frame I think makes up the $100 difference.

Yep, this easily makes up for more than the cost. If you buy a CPU + Cooler + 8 risers, this will easily cost you more than 100USD and you will have a less reliable setup with usb risers and have to do more work to get everything running. Our board comes with the CPU and cooler already installed and there is no need to use risers since our board already has 8 x full size PCIE 16X slots.

When do you have a case available?

I will confirm the case availability in the new week.  Smiley
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
I don't know what to discuss. ASRock H81 Pro BTC is worth less than $ 100. No need to book in advance. Came into the store and bought it. You can explain to me the economic feasibility of purchasing the motherboard for $ 200? For mining it is very important to minimize the cost of purchasing equipment. This store does not offer the best conditions.
This includes the CPU and no need to buy 8 risers or frame I think makes up the $100 difference.

Yep, this easily makes up for more than the cost. If you buy a CPU + Cooler + 8 risers, this will easily cost you more than 100USD and you will have a less reliable setup with usb risers and have to do more work to get everything running. Our board comes with the CPU and cooler already installed and there is no need to use risers since our board already has 8 x full size PCIE 16X slots.

When do you have a case available?

Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
I have one question about this board. Does realy only support this graphics:
AMD 470/480/570/580 or Nvidia P106/P104/1060/1070/1070TI/1080/1080TI
Or we can run in it any GPU(AMD Vega, Nvidia 1050Ti...)?

Yes, it can run with 1050TI also. I have not tested it with a Vega yet but it should work. I will add Vega testing info in a few days.
Just bought one as a test.  On the website you mention thickness of the cards.  Looking to add some 1080ti cards.  Any thoughts as to which ones would work the best/provide the best airflow?

Also, any thoughts on creating a board that has 12/13 GPU capability?  It would be a very long board, but if one could just pop in a bunch of cards and not have to worry about troubleshooting risers, might be worth looking into.

Finally, any 8 gig RAM recommendations with links to order some?

Thanks

I recommend you get 1080ti's that are less than 4CM thick and don't have backplates. The backplate keeps too much heat on the backside of the card and the next card will suck it in with the fan.

We might develop a 12/13 card board later in the year. Thanks for the feedback.  Smiley

4GB and 8GB SO DIMM DDR4 ram sticks will be added to the website later today. We will have the best price on the market  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 53
Just bought one as a test.  On the website you mention thickness of the cards.  Looking to add some 1080ti cards.  Any thoughts as to which ones would work the best/provide the best airflow?

Also, any thoughts on creating a board that has 12/13 GPU capability?  It would be a very long board, but if one could just pop in a bunch of cards and not have to worry about troubleshooting risers, might be worth looking into.

Finally, any 8 gig RAM recommendations with links to order some?

Thanks

Cheers,
Andy

Cheers,
Andy

Yes, we plan to add the option to switch the fans for quieter ones. Currently we are testing multiple types of fans to find which ones are best suitable.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I have one question about this board. Does realy only support this graphics:
AMD 470/480/570/580 or Nvidia P106/P104/1060/1070/1070TI/1080/1080TI
Or we can run in it any GPU(AMD Vega, Nvidia 1050Ti...)?
Activity: 697
Merit: 503

Cheers,
Andy

Cheers,
Andy

Activity: 4

Cheers,
Andy
Ok, board still made by Onda, just slightly different layout.

Board is not made by Onda either.  Grin
Actually most Onda boards are outsourced to professional Motherboard factories, Onda is just a Chinese brand that markets the boards.
Activity: 210
Ok, board still made by Onda, just slightly different layout.
Seems to be a copy of Chinese brand mining mobo http://www.onda.cn/MotherBoard.aspx

Not a copy of Onda boards. If you compare the photos you can easily see that it is a different board design.
Onda boards are otherwise also very popular and in high demand at the moment.
Pages:
Jump to: