Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 37. (Read 35276 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
Seems to be a copy of Chinese brand mining mobo http://www.onda.cn/MotherBoard.aspx
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Does this run well on win10 pro?

Yes, works perfectly with Win 10 Pro or any other Win 10 edition.

Does it ship with a USB or disk for drivers or anything or does windows just find it all itself
Activity: 248
Merit: 8

Yes, works perfectly with Win 10 Pro or any other Win 10 edition.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
That is what I use, but this motherboard hasn't shipped yet. As soon as I get one I'll be testing it and posting results.

That would be great. I'm interested to know about compatibility with both windows and some of the linux mining operating systems
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
That is what I use, but this motherboard hasn't shipped yet. As soon as I get one I'll be testing it and posting results (well, for complete results I'll have to find 8 GPUs, I hope I can get them!)
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Wow.  I think this solution is much better than obtaining a Motherboard and getting a bunch of risers.  Clean up all the cable mess and the problems with loose risers.
Man, I'm excited, hope they deliver in a reasonable time.

Now to find some gpus... Smiley

All current orders will be shipped out at the end of January or beginning of February. We will also send an email confirmation before to everybody and ask if they wish to add some other items and save on shipping. We will add all kinds of mining accessories and PSUs to our website in the new week.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
We ordered one as well. Now to figure out a case/frame for it..... hopefully the measurements will be shared with us soon.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Site says DDR4L support but will this RAM work: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232146 ? Newegg has DDR3/DDR3L but only DDR4.

Yes, that RAM will work, it is DDR4 SO DIMM actually.
We will update the website next week and add RAM, SSD'd, PSU'S, Cables, IP PDU's, Risers , High power Delta fans and more mining accessories. At better prices than newegg Smiley
I ordered a few and will probably order more next week along with RAM when I get my payout.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Man, I'm excited, hope they deliver in a reasonable time.

Now to find some gpus... Smiley
Great, going to consider this for a shit load of Rigs. Ty.

Great. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Activity: 433
Merit: 254
Great, going to consider this for a shit load of Rigs. Ty.
I guess there won't be any trouble using this with ethOS or linux ?

Works fine with linux. I am using it with HIVE OS off a 16GB USB3 memory stick. Works like a charm  Smiley
Activity: 433
Merit: 254
I guess there won't be any trouble using this with ethOS or linux ?
Site says DDR4L support but will this RAM work: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232146 ? Newegg has DDR3/DDR3L but only DDR4.

Yes, that RAM will work, it is DDR4 SO DIMM actually.
We will update the website next week and add RAM, SSD'd, PSU'S, Cables, IP PDU's, Risers , High power Delta fans and more mining accessories. At better prices than newegg Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
1 year warranty, pretty good considering what you usually get. They accept payment with crypto not bad either.

How does it work for PSU (you can use server ones, what about ATX ones ?) ? how do you "start" the system ?

You can use both server PSU or ATX. The board itself does not have an ATX 24 pin connector, it is powered by 2X regular 6 PIN connectors, the same kind that you power your GPU and all the mining PSUs use. The motherboard automatically start once power is connected. So you can start it just by switching the PSU on. You can change those settings from the BIOS if you want and you can connect a regular computer power switch to it. Both ways OK.
Activity: 224
CryptoLearner
1 year warranty, pretty good considering what you usually get. They accept payment with crypto not bad either.

How does it work for PSU (you can use server ones, what about ATX ones ?) ? how do you "start" the system ?
Activity: 168
Asked for discount and got $10 off.
Pages:
Jump to: