Pages:
Author

Topic: Offical launch of PhenixCoin.com - page 10. (Read 151407 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 27, 2013, 03:17:51 PM
i logged in from phone to post this link. Was a really hard maneuver so read every word!  Grin

http://bitslammed.com/10-cryptocurrencies-to-keep-you-busy/

cheers

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
July 27, 2013, 12:10:18 PM
I might be 100 before the unocs site is operational. The Phenixcoin dump has already begun and its value has already dropped by 50%.

This launch is a prime example of exactly how not to do things.

Imagine a store advertising everywhere it's GRAND OPENING. Many customers are excited for the event and they flock to the store to wait in long lines to enter the store on its grand opening. Seconds before the store is set to open, someone slaps a message on its doors saying "SORRY! We have to cancel our grand opening, we are not ready!". Does anyone actually believe this company would survive?

This launch was beyond epic fail. You could not fail harder even if you tried.

Some advice for the devs:

If you have a project you are developing, don't even mention the damn thing until it's absolutely done. Don't say "Hey, something big is in the works, stay tuned". There is nothing big until it's done and ready to be used.

You guys may be skilled in your craft of designing websites, coins or whatever but when it comes to marketing your team falls on it's face. Look to add people to your team who can evaluate over the pros and cons of every announcement so they don't end up blowing up in your face.

Last but not least, TIMERS! NEVER EVER USE TIMERS. The timer was a ticking time bomb and was destined for disaster from day 1. People in general love certainty. If you give an exact deadline people expect it to be met. Additionally, people tend to hold on to first impressions. If you make a bad first impression, going forward people will always see your projects in a negative way and it will be difficult for them to change their stance. If you make a positive first impression, going forward people will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt because of that first impression you made was a good one.

Take this as constructive criticism. I don't want to come across as simply just bashing the team. I am heavily invested in this coin as are many others and I want to see this coin succeed. Hopefully this situation was a wake up call and going forward projects can be launched more smoothly and with great success.

Thanks for your contribution.

Behind the scenes this has been discussed and we promise to deliver first, next time.

As you may have noticed some people who were very active in the Phenix community already, joined the crew. This is giving the developers more time for developing, testing and support.
Activity: 462
PXC Research Team
July 27, 2013, 11:48:39 AM
I might be 100 before the unocs site is operational. The Phenixcoin dump has already begun and its value has already dropped by 50%.

Imagine a store advertising everywhere it's GRAND OPENING. Many customers are excited for the event and they flock to the store to wait in long lines to enter the store on its grand opening. Seconds before the store is set to open, someone slaps a message on its doors saying "SORRY! We have to cancel our grand opening, we are not ready!". Does anyone actually believe this company would survive?

If you have a project you are developing, don't even mention the damn thing until it's absolutely done. Don't say "Hey, something big is in the works, stay tuned". There is nothing big until it's done and ready to be used.

You guys may be skilled in your craft of designing websites, coins or whatever but when it comes to marketing your team falls on it's face. Look to add people to your team who can evaluate over the pros and cons of every announcement so they don't end up blowing up in your face.

Last but not least, TIMERS! NEVER EVER USE TIMERS. The timer was a ticking time bomb and was destined for disaster from day 1. People in general love certainty. If you give an exact deadline people expect it to be met. Additionally, people tend to hold on to first impressions. If you make a bad first impression, going forward people will always see your projects in a negative way and it will be difficult for them to change their stance. If you make a positive first impression, going forward people will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt because of that first impression you made was a good one.

Take this as constructive criticism. I don't want to come across as simply just bashing the team. I am heavily invested in this coin as are many others and I want to see this coin succeed. Hopefully this situation was a wake up call and going forward projects can be launched more smoothly and with great success.

You are right that they should have said any word about the project until it was ready to be released. But they are humans and humans do mistakes. Smiley

Join our official forum

http://forum.phenixcoin.com/index.php
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
July 27, 2013, 11:38:03 AM

PXC Research Team
July 27, 2013, 05:41:39 AM
Guys read this LOL. Some people are mistaking it as password stealer.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anyone-know-what-this-is-httpwwwphenixbillcom-238527
legendary
July 26, 2013, 08:00:52 AM
Everything is uber cool and programmers are working day and night to bring projects to us !

Seriously ; we're aware that the block explorer is down, I've asked Iamatrix to take a look at it. He's very busy working on UNOCS Bridge right now though, which has a higher priority.

Poker works fine at my end by the way, could you PM me some details about your problem PicassoRoll ?

I'm not going to give any release date/time on UNOCS Bridge, we made a mistake the first time making promises, a mistake that we won't repeat Smiley

I think we both agree to agree on this, posting almost simultaneously Smiley
legendary
July 26, 2013, 07:59:41 AM
why does it seem like everything is either in private beta or is simply down or not working? the block explorer is down. poker login doesn't work. any ETAs on the private betas like the trading platform and exchange? it just seems like there's so many projects going on along with UNOCS...let's hope it's not vaporware.

I have much faith in this coin and its projects but i have to agree on this.

I understand this.

I remember JohnCar said that UNOCS was an unexpected but welcomed project to work more efficiently, combining forces.
Developing together, for all 3 coins, seting up an infrastructure for it, etc, wasn't in the initial planning.
Since UNOCS and PXC has a small, but growing team, some work had to be suspended until this first UNOCS project is finished.

JohnCar always said they would work at their own pace, following their course and not rush things.

I guess we all agree on that the announcement came to early, the broken counter was a bad idea and open dirs in a test environment is ammo for criticism.

PhenixCoin and UNOCS is a long term project, with more great things coming Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
July 26, 2013, 07:53:11 AM
Everything is uber cool and programmers are working day and night to bring projects to us !

Seriously ; we're aware that the block explorer is down, I've asked Iamatrix to take a look at it. He's very busy working on UNOCS Bridge right now though, which has a higher priority.

Poker works fine at my end by the way, could you PM me some details about your problem PicassoRoll ?

I'm not going to give any release date/time on UNOCS Bridge, we made a mistake the first time making promises, a mistake that we won't repeat Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 26, 2013, 07:29:06 AM
why does it seem like everything is either in private beta or is simply down or not working? the block explorer is down. poker login doesn't work. any ETAs on the private betas like the trading platform and exchange? it just seems like there's so many projects going on along with UNOCS...let's hope it's not vaporware.

Joerii any comments? Cheesy Maybe some more promises that everything is uber cool and programmers are working day and night to bring projects to us at some point (after year or two)
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 26, 2013, 07:19:01 AM

Activity: 8
July 26, 2013, 07:06:39 AM
PXC Research Team
July 26, 2013, 05:39:49 AM
Here is an update on UNOCS by Iamatrix. also present on the site.

Notice - Wrapping up a few items to make sure it is launched to meet Phenix's high standards. We apologize for the delay, we look forward to sharing this resource once it's complete. Thank you for your patience. ~iamatrix
PXC Research Team
July 25, 2013, 09:38:48 AM
People were trolling the announcement site and did some serious attempts to hack it but that was silly because that's all it is.... an announcement site. The sensitive stuff that people can abuse to steal money is on completely different, heavily shielded servers.

That's complete bullshit... tons of blah blah blah... Either you have no clue mister or you are lying like a Swiss watch from Thailand.

I know that even if 100 people would say the same thing you won't believe it. Me and Jeorii are saying the same thing. so we already have two on one.
Activity: 59
July 25, 2013, 09:31:12 AM
And considering the low prices we had the past 12 hours your stupid smile is based on what exactly, please?

Just living by the old adage "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Seems like it is serving me well as I sold quite a bit higher than we are trading now, and because I bought most below 15 life is good Cheesy

BTW how you guys believe anything will go live today? If someone doesn't make the deadline twice what makes you believe they will the 3rd time around? No, sounds more like the final pump to me.

Not to rub it in, but yeah, its easy to look like a genius when you really are one  Cheesy
Activity: 399
July 25, 2013, 07:47:32 AM
People were trolling the announcement site and did some serious attempts to hack it but that was silly because that's all it is.... an announcement site. The sensitive stuff that people can abuse to steal money is on completely different, heavily shielded servers.

That's complete bullshit... tons of blah blah blah... Either you have no clue mister or you are lying like a Swiss watch from Thailand.
legendary
July 25, 2013, 07:39:12 AM
Yes you may Wink

All I can say is that iamatrix is finishing the code and a whole bunch of tech-savy guys are ready to test it. And with test I mean ; try to break it with all our might. It's going to be extremely secure. People were trolling the announcement site and did some serious attempts to hack it but that was silly because that's all it is.... an announcement site. The sensitive stuff that people can abuse to steal money is on completely different, heavily shielded servers.

Iamatrix has many years of experience building these sites, and he's not going to hurry at the expense of security.
PXC Research Team
July 24, 2013, 07:11:18 PM
So does anyone has any NEWS about when the actual UNOCS bridge site is going to be released. Thanks god this time there is no timer to follow. just suspense.

The latest news is that it will be launched when it's ready and secure. It involving people's money and all Wink

May I quote your post to keep the trolls away. After all your are also a part of the team as a forum Admin.
legendary
July 24, 2013, 06:43:04 PM
So does anyone has any NEWS about when the actual UNOCS bridge site is going to be released. Thanks god this time there is no timer to follow. just suspense.

The latest news is that it will be launched when it's ready and secure. It involving people's money and all Wink
PXC Research Team
July 24, 2013, 05:55:34 PM
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
July 24, 2013, 04:17:13 PM
I am a bit disappointed guys

I know iamatrix was up for over 24 hours, guess all devs got tired.
Give it some time Smiley

Will do Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: