Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 108. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
FYI Coin Telegraph said they would add us to their page if we agree to retweet their news
http://cointelegraph.com/category/altcoin_catalog

I will try to retweet news I feel is relevant to Anoncoin holders
Activity: 182
What is the meaning of "three of five chain myriad" , please?
Activity: 158

@meeh,   any sleep these days?

Yes actually Grin So I'll get back soon, just need to be awaken enough :p

I've also almost made ready a critical hardfork patch in case we'll get more attacks. Just a bit more sleep and it's done Smiley

Looking forward to the new (auxPoW three of five chain myriad) patch!

Hopefully this will correct the mining difficulty stuck Cryptsy transactions issues!

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinTeam/status/519818208719962114
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Sorry, I'm not a techy person so I really can't answer that with any degree of certainty, but I would believe Gunzeons answer above my comment could perhaps shed some light on the problem?
Now I see. There wasn't any block mined since yesterday. Didn't I said already that ANC needs PoW/PoS instead of PoW to stop this crap happening?  Smiley Especially if we want it to be able to work on I2P smoothly.

AFAIK auxpow is to be implemented with the next hard fork, should solve the problem.

Yeah and they're also implementing an auxPoW of either three or five chains myriad.  Which should help to add even more redundancy.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Sorry, I'm not a techy person so I really can't answer that with any degree of certainty, but I would believe Gunzeons answer above my comment could perhaps shed some light on the problem?
Now I see. There wasn't any block mined since yesterday. Didn't I said already that ANC needs PoW/PoS instead of PoW to stop this crap happening?  Smiley Especially if we want it to be able to work on I2P smoothly.

AFAIK auxpow is to be implemented with the next hard fork, should solve the problem.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Moon?
One week left until testnet! The future looks bright for ANC  Smiley
It is bright indeed but I still can't synchronize my wallet. I restarted the wallet and it shows "No block source available" now. What's wrong with this 252049 block?

One week left until testnet! The future looks bright for ANC  Smiley
It is bright indeed but I still can't synchronize my wallet. I restarted the wallet and it shows "No block source available" now. What's wrong with this 252049 block?
Moon?
One week left until testnet! The future looks bright for ANC  Smiley

Activity: 73
There's a new king in the streets
I'm sorry if this is a really noob question, I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else and I am brand new to ANC...

I can provide a layman's explanation; ANC is being mined by high capacity multipools in a hit and run fashion; they mine a few blocks with a lot of capacity then once the difficulty has adapted they move on to another coin, leaving a relative few miners to solve a high difficulty block.

Patience is required until this block is solved and the difficulty adapts again. ie: http://ancblockchain.com/chain/Anoncoin
I'm running v0.8.5.6-g87bdacc-beta anoncoin-qt and blockchain is stuck at 252049. 7 active connections, synchronizing with network already about a hour or more.
Activity: 72
I'm sorry if this is a really noob question, I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else and I am brand new to ANC...

I just purchased quite a lot of ANC tonight on CEX as a future investment and immediately withdrew them to a different wallet. The wallet did receive a confirmation that the transaction was received, but it has been something like 5 or 6 hours without a single confirmation. I tried to check the blockchain for my transaction / address and it is not found, it also looks like there has not been a block found since sometime yesterday - it has been stuck at block 252049 for a long time now...

Is this normal to have such long gaps? Is something now working correctly with either the network, blockchain, my transaction, wallet, transaction, etc?

How long do most blocks usually take, this seems a bit ridiculous that my transaction has been stuck like this for so long!? Although looking at the blockchain, it appears that most blocks are usually 1-5 minutes (not hours or days!)

If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
There have been problems recently with the hash rate going up and down by large factors when multipools join and leave. This is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch to the KGW algorithm that sets the difficulty. In fact, given that we are burning through 10 second blocks again, the current hash rate is likely from a multipool. About a month ago the hash rate was only a few GH/s.

If you find out the answer, please let us know. If this is a result of solo miners with scrypt asics, I don't know how you will ever find out who is responsible.

Stop playing that Multipool card, look at the stats retard, AnonCoin is UNDER Litecoin at the moment on Coinwarz chart (nr:21) but the hashrate is still +18GH/s.
No multipools target a coin that is under LiteCoin cause then no one would use a Multipool, think ffs you mindless drone!

I answered your question earlier but you must not have tried to put in the effort to understand.  Instead you choose to mock and ridicule our community for not giving you an answer. Clearly the answer you are seeking is MULTIPOOLS, as I stated earlier!  

Notice anything interesting with these blocks?
                                                                                DIFFICULTY
251908   2014-10-07 13:33:55   1   5 ANC                   586.036
251907   2014-10-07 13:33:30   1   5 ANC                   585.19
251906   2014-10-07 13:32:52   1   5 ANC                   580.332
251905   2014-10-07 13:32:16   13 128.3448 ANC      767.213
251904   2014-10-07 10:25:58   1   5 ANC                  761.069
251903   2014-10-07 10:25:49   1   5 ANC                   696.092
251902   2014-10-07 10:25:46   1   5 ANC                   694.871
251901   2014-10-07 10:25:18   1   5 ANC                   693.458

It took 3 HOURS for the anoncoin miners to mine a block of difficulty 767.  The next minute it took SECONDS to mine blocks of difficulty 580, 585, etc etc. BECAUSE MULTIPOOLS HAVE SWITCHED ONTO THE COIN.

This is not rocket science.
Activity: 249
Been reading through this thread and interested in Anoncoin, apologies if it has been answered before.

I have seen that Zerocoin has an issue with its proof/transaction sizes which will cause significant blockchain bloat. This would cause scalability/adoption issues in the future.

Has Anoncoin done anything to rectify this issue?
Yes. This has been rectified, there will be no bloat to the blockchain. The proofs are stored off the blockchain in a separate database that will be deleted periodically. You can read more about this here

Zerocoin
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Been reading through this thread and interested in Anoncoin, apologies if it has been answered before.

I have seen that Zerocoin has an issue with its proof/transaction sizes which will cause significant blockchain bloat. This would cause scalability/adoption issues in the future.

Hi, sry if I'm wrong, but I think this is answer for your question.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8867500
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Activity: 70
There have been problems recently with the hash rate going up and down by large factors when multipools join and leave. This is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch to the KGW algorithm that sets the difficulty. In fact, given that we are burning through 10 second blocks again, the current hash rate is likely from a multipool. About a month ago the hash rate was only a few GH/s.

If you find out the answer, please let us know. If this is a result of solo miners with scrypt asics, I don't know how you will ever find out who is responsible.

Stop playing that Multipool card, look at the stats retard, AnonCoin is UNDER Litecoin at the moment on Coinwarz chart (nr:21) but the hashrate is still +18GH/s.
No multipools target a coin that is under LiteCoin cause then no one would use a Multipool, think ffs you mindless drone!
Activity: 70
I am assuming they are private pools or a large private mining group.

If they were public pools, I am sure they would want to advertise in this thread.

It is scary that one group controls that much of the mining capacity.

It is frustrating that this question and the stuck transaction (cryptsy) issue continues to be ignored. Perhaps all focus is on Zerocoin right now and the devs are not overly concerned with either of these issues

Hey its just 95%+ of hashrate it wont damage AnonCoin in the long run will it Roll Eyes
I did PM Meeh, he had no answer and he also refused to answer the simple question "where do you mine yourself at the moment"..

Well the most anonymous way to acquire an anonymous cryptocurrency would be solo mining via Tor.  I'd imagine the network has quite a few large solo-miners.  Maybe someone could start watching the block explorer for the IP address associated with new blocks.  Then seeing if the IP addresses correspond with Tor public gateways.  Or if the IP addresses associated with new blocks can be linked to anywhere else.  The dev's did say they were planning on soon changing from Scrypt to a three of five auxPoW chains myriad.  While meeh did say he'd have an important announcement for us soon.

Do anyone know 1 TOR pool!?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Well the most anonymous way to acquire an anonymous cryptocurrency would be solo mining via Tor.  I'd imagine the network has quite a few large solo-miners.  Maybe someone could start watching the block explorer for the IP address associated with new blocks.  Then seeing if the IP addresses correspond with Tor public gateways.  Or if the IP addresses associated with new blocks can be linked to anywhere else.  The dev's did say they were planning on soon changing from Scrypt to a three of five auxPoW chains myriad.  While meeh did say he'd have an important announcement for us soon.
s/TOR/I2P/
Activity: 249

I know about that list if you look at my previous posts im asking where the other 95-96% of the hashrate is because you only find a few % on
those pools on that list combined.
No one seems to know or want to provide an answer to that question..
What other pools are there out there, is AnonCoin 95%:ed by chinese datacenters or!?

Jump to: