Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 121. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
To avoid the traffic snooping, you can use TOR or I2P as proxy with your Bitcoin-QT wallet. No need of Anoncoin to do that!

And here you claimed to be a concerned ANC-holder.

If you think the TOR and I2P properties of ANC are unnecessary, and you think zerocoin is so deeply flawed, what exactly is it you want ANC to be. A barebones coin without properties? Would that be satisfying?

Haul your sorry ass back to DRK, this is just embarrassing, but apparently bitcoin is more than adequately anonymous so perhaps you should just sell your scamcoins as well.
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
We were talking about the bitcoin blockchain. In itself, the blockchain does not contain any personal informations (ip address, personal address...).

Again you totally miss the point but I guess that's what you're paid for. Of course the public blockchain does not contain this information, but do you seriously not think that private copies of the blockchain with as much identifying information as possible for each address are not being produced by 3rd parties?

Read my posts correctly. You are spirited to discredit you.
This is why I wrote: As long as the person does not identify himself to any other third party (exchange, online shop...), the bitcoin blockchain is completely anonymous. (Added: online shop for you then)

I'm spirited to discredit me? I'm not sure what you mean? Sounds like I caught you making false claims and now you're in full on damage control mode.

The bottom line is if your traffic is snooped using clearnet you WILL run the risk of leaking your identity.

Since you love quotes of yourself, here is the false statement you made again:

This is why I wrote: As long as the person does not identify himself to any other third party (exchange, online shop...), the bitcoin blockchain is completely anonymous. (Added: online shop for you then)

Simply incorrect.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
There's a new king in the streets
We were talking about the bitcoin blockchain. In itself, the blockchain does not contain any personal informations (ip address, personal address...).

Again you totally miss the point but I guess that's what you're paid for. Of course the public blockchain does not contain this information, but do you seriously not think that private copies of the blockchain with as much identifying information as possible for each address are not being produced by 3rd parties?

Read my posts correctly. You are spirited to discredit you.

depends where your transaction is relayed from, but over time, on clearnet, data gathering nodes will map the source of your transactions as being a particular IP, believe it, the randomness means that one of your transactions will divulge to one of these nodes your IP, sooner or later, go and look in your own debug.log and see how many IPs are in it, it's called Big Data these days.

1) Bitcoin can be used with full anonymity if a person follows basic common sense. A bitcoin address is not linked to any person except when its transactions can be connected to a person. For 99% of users bitcoin is adequate in so far as anonymity. Other anonymity add ons like tor are of questionable value.

I don't think this is true at all with just common sense. The block chain is easily data mined and it will not take very long for a serious investigator to find a link with a transaction.

As long as the person does not identify himself to any other third party (exchange...), the bitcoin blockchain is completely anonymous.

This is totally false. There are many ways which the bitcoin blockchain is not anonymous, especially to a service provider, NSA, or potentially other 3rd parties through the leak of one's IP address / snooping of traffic. I'm surprised you weren't aware of this? Makes one wonder about your other assumptions!

In regards to the leaking of IPs, a VPN could help but you still have to worry about the anonymity of the VPN itself. Likewise TOR and I2P help as well which were one of the first major advantages ANC has had over vanilla coins. My personal preference is to use a trusted VPN to connect to tor/i2p allowing for an extra layer of anonymity.

IP address leaks aside, as mentioned there is also concern of being linked to a blockchain address when making a purchase or any other coin transfer where you may disclose an identity. This is the primary reason why zerocoin is so essential to ANC as it masks the transfer through the blockchain preventing identities from being matched to wallet addresses. This cannot be done with bitcoin and why alternatives like zcANC are clearly needed.
1) Bitcoin can be used with full anonymity if a person follows basic common sense. A bitcoin address is not linked to any person except when its transactions can be connected to a person. For 99% of users bitcoin is adequate in so far as anonymity. Other anonymity add ons like tor are of questionable value.

I don't think this is true at all with just common sense. The block chain is easily data mined and it will not take very long for a serious investigator to find a link with a transaction.

As long as the person does not identify himself to any other third party (exchange...), the bitcoin blockchain is completely anonymous.

Or other person that can identify him, or reveals his IP address at the same time or using an address, or uses the an address to buy something that is sent to his home e.t.c

reveals his IP address at the same time
If I send you 1 BTC wallet to wallet, this is impossible for you to get my IP address. (using the blockchain)

uses the an address to buy something that is sent to his home

No, IP addresses are not stored in the blockchain.

oh, who's he ?

But Gavin Andreson indeed notes that

Unless you are very careful in the way you use Bitcoin (and you have the technical know-how to use it with other anonymizing technologies like Tor or i2p), you should assume that a persistent, motivated attacker will be able to associate your IP address with your bitcoin transactions.
Pay them no attention. Put them on ignore and take your information instead from the anoncoin wiki where all important things that is to know about anoncoin is listed.

People have the right to make their own opinion. We are not in a dictatorship. In addition, you have no valid arguments. It makes me wonder who are the real trolls here.

Since it's inception Anoncoin has coveted integration of Zerocoin and that is why many of us are here - bar none I imagine - which means including you.

Now, you are also boxing Bitcoin's corner as well I see, and that is commendable, but let me ask you some questions Mr rsa_ufo ?
( for the benefit of the audience ... )

- Do you believe an rsa-3072 is adequate for unbreakable encryption ?
    - If so, how "long" until it is cracked ?
 - Is not true that an rsa_ufo of length of ~45kb == 13*3500 able to provide trustless encryption, albeit slower, but as good as rsa-3072 ?
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

Or other person that can identify him, or reveals his IP address at the same time or using an address, or uses the an address to buy something that is sent to his home e.t.c
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
For people new to this discussion let me clarify something. There are a number of bothersome trolls in this thread at the moment doing their best to twist and turn every scrap of information about the upcoming implementation of zerocoin into something sinister and flawed.

These trolls allegations have been answered and refuted a number of times now, but still they persist in their effort to make new people uncertain about the worth of zerocoin. Specifically they are: btcseller2b, btcseller3c and rsa-ufo-attack.

Pay them no attention. Put them on ignore and take your information instead from the anoncoin wiki where all important things that is to know about anoncoin is listed.

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

Some people can be anonymous, but most will not be able too. It's just too easy to fuck up.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
We've made some progress on the wiki article Anonymity of cryptocurrencies, but is still needs some work. Who is up for a challenge?

Is a noob of any use?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Gnosis, when can we expect the next round of commits?  I'm looking forward to seeing your most recent work.
There is a big mistake with your probability and timespan to broke the 13 RSA keys. You take in consideration that the attacker will do only one attack per key. If the attacker do multiple attacks on the 13 keys at the same time, the timespan to broke them decrease considerably.

For someone who clearly doesn't understand probability you sure have a lot to say. I'd recommend if you don't believe in ZC go find a different coin to invest in or possibly contribute something useful to this project. I doubt the latter as you're obviously here to post pre-written wall-of-text talking points by someone who funds you. It's kind of weak trolling. You may have been more convincing if you wrote less and didn't post with the name "rsa_ufo_attack" LOL
Activity: 249
We've made some progress on the wiki article Anonymity of cryptocurrencies, but is still needs some work. Who is up for a challenge?
More infos: http://blog.agilebits.com/2014/04/01/large-even-prime-number-discovered/

read down a bit my friend:

What to trust in this article says:

This article was posted on April 1, 2014. The claim that an even prime number other than two has been found is bogus. The notion of odd and even holds for all integers, no matter how large. The fictitious University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople is the creation of the real Peter Schickele. The fictitious mathematician Paul Forester is my resurrection of the great 20th century mathematician, Pál Erdős. Everything else here is actually meant to be reliable information. Including those bits that are un-ee-cue in all the world.

Joke's on you !!! so be careful or you'll become laughing stock !
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Anoncoin's Zerocoin protocol is by far the most difficulty anonymous transaction technique to implement.  It's not a matter of using 'big' words to try and confuse people.  It's very complex and that's why no one else has managed to date to implement Zerocoin.  Although if implemented successfully it will offer by far the most anonymous transaction technique.
Activity: 182
Can you ellaborate how you concluded the chance of factorization of a single UFO by an extremely powerful attacker is ~20%? To me a probability only makes sense if you take the variable time into account. How can a powerful attacker have a ~20% chance of factorization spending either 1 day or 1 year of computing power trying to factorize the number?

Okay, you're right. Pick any timespan you want, say, one year. A powerful attacker would be one that can find factors by ECM up to 768 bits and factor numbers up to 2048 bits by GNFS in one year. Such an attacker would then have a ~20% chance of factoring any one of those UFOs in that timespan. Assuming the capacity does not change, in 13 years, the attacker would have had a 1 in a billion chance of factoring all of them, because the attacker would have had enough time to be able to try all 13 in that time. Does that make sense?

Again, I should point out that this attacker would be far beyond what even the NSA is likely to be able to do for decades.

If in 10 years we are worried about someone breaking the all of the UFOs is it possible to upgrade the ZC implementation to use a new larger set of UFOs?

Yes, with a software upgrade (a hard fork). The new software would require that all newly minted zerocoins use the new UFO set. We give everyone, say, a one year deadline to mint all zerocoins in the old UFO set back into ANC (obviously it should be announced repeatedly, in as many places online as possible), and after that year, zerocoins can only be spent from the new UFO set.

Was going to stay out of this bickering but something is definitely rotten here.

A lot of anonymous coins are coming out.
Most of the newer ones are both 'trustless' and do not involve introducing new variables that could serve as back doors.

So many people here are trying to force others to trust Anoncoin and Zerocoin. I do not trust it. I do not trust the pushy people trying to confuse others with big words. It looks like a tag team wrestling show. A lot of fake arguments to sell tickets.

Some expert needs to look into this and find out what is going on. And by expert I don't mean the bs experts on this thread.

Welcome to the forum.... if you are genuinely interested and not like some others who are new here.

Actually the opposite is true.  Shrill posters are attempting to force us to not trust in ANC/ZC in spite of the fact that they are not reading the readily available info, and in spite of contradicting themselves while searching for potential weak points to exploit in what seem to be childishly repetitive arguments.

Mostly we have let them harp on the points they have chosen, until the have enough rope to hang themselves, and then we show how they are wrong/misinformed/lying.

Most of us here who have been posting for a year or more have read what's out there... many have contributed in fact, as they are able. 

The trolls therefore seem to be focused on the new arrivals and those with casual interest in ANC.  First they argued against holding the posting of code until ZC is live on the main net; then they tried to harp on the missed deadlines; they have attacked devs directly; now they are trying to exploit a slightly complicated implementing of the method of blind encryption the devs have chosen to create the anonymous mixing of coins.

Stick around all who are interested.  All will be made clear very soon, and then all the fakes and fakers will be forced to sit down and shut up.  Personally, I'm looking forward to that.

I am too!!!!
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
Can you ellaborate how you concluded the chance of factorization of a single UFO by an extremely powerful attacker is ~20%? To me a probability only makes sense if you take the variable time into account. How can a powerful attacker have a ~20% chance of factorization spending either 1 day or 1 year of computing power trying to factorize the number?

Okay, you're right. Pick any timespan you want, say, one year. A powerful attacker would be one that can find factors by ECM up to 768 bits and factor numbers up to 2048 bits by GNFS in one year. Such an attacker would then have a ~20% chance of factoring any one of those UFOs in that timespan. Assuming the capacity does not change, in 13 years, the attacker would have had a 1 in a billion chance of factoring all of them, because the attacker would have had enough time to be able to try all 13 in that time. Does that make sense?

Again, I should point out that this attacker would be far beyond what even the NSA is likely to be able to do for decades.

If in 10 years we are worried about someone breaking the all of the UFOs is it possible to upgrade the ZC implementation to use a new larger set of UFOs?

Yes, with a software upgrade (a hard fork). The new software would require that all newly minted zerocoins use the new UFO set. We give everyone, say, a one year deadline to mint all zerocoins in the old UFO set back into ANC (obviously it should be announced repeatedly, in as many places online as possible), and after that year, zerocoins can only be spent from the new UFO set.

Was going to stay out of this bickering but something is definitely rotten here.

Most of the newer ones are both 'trustless' and do not involve introducing new variables that could serve as back doors.

So many people here are trying to force others to trust Anoncoin and Zerocoin. I do not trust it. I do not trust the pushy people trying to confuse others with big words. It looks like a tag team wrestling show. A lot of fake arguments to sell tickets.

Some expert needs to look into this and find out what is going on. And by expert I don't mean the bs experts on this thread.

Welcome to the forum.... if you are genuinely interested and not like some others who are new here.

Actually the opposite is true.  Shrill posters are attempting to force us to not trust in ANC/ZC in spite of the fact that they are not reading the readily available info, and in spite of contradicting themselves while searching for potential weak points to exploit in what seem to be childishly repetitive arguments.

Mostly we have let them harp on the points they have chosen, until the have enough rope to hang themselves, and then we show how they are wrong/misinformed/lying.

Most of us here who have been posting for a year or more have read what's out there... many have contributed in fact, as they are able. 

The trolls therefore seem to be focused on the new arrivals and those with casual interest in ANC.  First they argued against holding the posting of code until ZC is live on the main net; then they tried to harp on the missed deadlines; they have attacked devs directly; now they are trying to exploit a slightly complicated implementing of the method of blind encryption the devs have chosen to create the anonymous mixing of coins.

Stick around all who are interested.  All will be made clear very soon, and then all the fakes and fakers will be forced to sit down and shut up.  Personally, I'm looking forward to that.
Activity: 954
ludenaprotocol.io

Great, it seems you already know where not to invest; it's half the problem solved.
Now you only need to figure out what anonymous coin is right for you. Feel free to PM me for a 101 introduction and some investment tips; i can help you !

Activity: 336
I do not trust it. I do not trust the pushy people trying to confuse others with big words. It looks like a tag team wrestling show. A lot of fake arguments to sell tickets.

Oh god, another day-old trolling account.  :/
Jump to: