Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 139. (Read 530609 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.

PLEASE dont post commits in Github at least until test-net (or preferably main-net) time. While we have a head start there are other coins that are interested in implementing zerocoin and have multiple developers. The last thing we need is for them to use our commits and launch before we do. We cannot know for sure that these other coins are not working on  RSA UFO as well.

Keep up the great work, but please don't share it (even on a 2 week delay) until we launch.  Once we launch it should be safe to release because our first mover advantage will protect us from the clones

+1

It is fine to wait until full implementation, IMHO.  Your supporters already trust you.  The rest will jump in when you are the only game in town which actually works.  Then it would be fine for you to let all the skeptics see the source.
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
[...]
Thanks for the update! How much funding is needed for you to work full time through the month of October also? Perhaps people here would be interested in pooling some funds together.

Well, the cost of living is high where I live... it would take about US$2750.

Hi Gnosis,do you accept donations by BTC ?

If he believe on anoncoin, he must to accept it as donation, nothing else!

Please go play with yourself elsewhere.  You waste your time here.  Long term supporters understand what's going on, you merely want to sabotage for the benefit of one of the late entry copy cats.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

No need to wait commits. Long term supporters are dumping ANC since weeks and after below post, they will continue...

You don't have any idea about long term supporters^^
Please just spam another Thread with your comments, I don't know what you are doing here if you don't want ANC to succeed ... not in price but in development.

Good try to discredit me. I'm certainly older than you to adopt ANC and I'm still holding a bunch.

I am sorry I didn't want to discredit you, I am sure you are long enough with Anoncoin to know many many of the long time supported and I'm sure you talked with many of them since you state that they will sell : )

That's why I think that you deserve much more trust here in this discussion and that you opinion should count more than before.

Is what I would say when I was a totally different person Smiley
WDL
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
[...]
Thanks for the update! How much funding is needed for you to work full time through the month of October also? Perhaps people here would be interested in pooling some funds together.

If he believe on anoncoin, he must to accept it as donation, nothing else!

Considering the market liquidity,I don't think donation by ANC is a good idea.
WDL
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
[...]

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

No need to wait commits. Long term supporters are dumping ANC since weeks and after below post, they will continue...

Please just spam another Thread with your comments, I don't know what you are doing here if you don't want ANC to succeed ... not in price but in development.

I agree with you that there are still many long term supporters who believe in our great development team.

That being said, I think the concern about other coins copying our work before we are ready to launch is legitimate.

I admire that our team is transparent and believes code should be open source. I just think that we should not publish everything to Github until we are actually ready to launch (beta testnet at the very least).

For what reason should we publish to Github pre launch? If the answer is to solicit feedback from other experienced programmers, I am sure that could be arranged without public release.

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

Other upcoming dates:

September 15: the RSA UFO project ends, participants are rewarded, and the server source is released to our Github.

September 17: the first Zerocoin commits get pushed to our Github (Anoncoin/anoncoin, "zc" branch). As I said before, the public Github will lag 2 weeks behind active development in our private repository; this is to make things more difficult for copycat coins.

I have thought a lot about this. If commits get pushed to Github as planned (before testnet) then I am done with Anoncoin.

Although I admire the honestly and hard work of our dev team I fear all will be lost. Other coins have larger development teams and are capable of copying our work quickly. Zerocoin integration is the only reason why I was interested in ANC.

The previous delays I could deal with fine as I know this project was a difficult one.  I just cant understand the rush to publish commits to Github before launch. Gnosis and Meeh worked so hard on this coin! Why allow others to copy your work so easily?

I really hope our dev team changes their mind on this and quickly.  Please speak up if you agree with me as time is of the essence. We don't want to wait a few more days (when commits to Github begin) and long term supporters start dumping ANC shares because other coins are stealing our work with a plan to launch before us.

I won't mention the names of the "other coins" here but a search of this forum will reveal several working on zerocoin integration now. Once our work is seen in Github, there will be many more
Activity: 420
Moon?

PLEASE dont post commits in Github at least until test-net (or preferably main-net) time. While we have a head start there are other coins that are interested in implementing zerocoin and have multiple developers. The last thing we need is for them to use our commits and launch before we do. We cannot know for sure that these other coins are not working on  RSA UFO as well.

Keep up the great work, but please don't share it (even on a 2 week delay) until we launch.  Once we launch it should be safe to release because our first mover advantage will protect us from the clones

Absolutely agree, there is no point in giving the leeches anything to copy. To go opensource upon launch is enough.
Activity: 149
As I promised two weeks ago, here is an estimate for completion of Zerocoin-in-Anoncoin that I feel has a very high chance of being met (a "hard deadline").

By October 15, I'll have Zerocoin integration in "alpha" state, and on a testnet for anybody to try.

By November 1, I'll have Zerocoin in mainnet, which means you can use the ANC you have now to mint and spend zerocoins. It will still be in "beta", meaning you should pay attention to our website, IRC, and our bitcointalk.org thread for security updates to the wallet and anoncoind; this is especially important if you are a miner or running a relay node.

I realized that I have made deadlines in the past that were not met. I put a lot of thought into the above deadlines and I know that they can be met. Just as a reminder, I'm working full-time on Zerocoin until at least October 1, and possibly after depending on funding.

Other upcoming dates:

September 15: the RSA UFO project ends, participants are rewarded, and the server source is released to our Github.

September 17: the first Zerocoin commits get pushed to our Github (Anoncoin/anoncoin, "zc" branch). As I said before, the public Github will lag 2 weeks behind active development in our private repository; this is to make things more difficult for copycat coins.

Previous updates:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8750399
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8599297

Great work dev and thanks for the info.

Smiley
Activity: 672
why isnt it bittrex and whats the reason for the price to go up so much?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
[...]

Activity: 414
As I promised two weeks ago, here is an estimate for completion of Zerocoin-in-Anoncoin that I feel has a very high chance of being met (a "hard deadline").

By October 15, I'll have Zerocoin integration in "alpha" state, and on a testnet for anybody to try.

By November 1, I'll have Zerocoin in mainnet, which means you can use the ANC you have now to mint and spend zerocoins. It will still be in "beta", meaning you should pay attention to our website, IRC, and our bitcointalk.org thread for security updates to the wallet and anoncoind; this is especially important if you are a miner or running a relay node.

I realized that I have made deadlines in the past that were not met. I put a lot of thought into the above deadlines and I know that they can be met. Just as a reminder, I'm working full-time on Zerocoin until at least October 1, and possibly after depending on funding.

Other upcoming dates:

Previous updates:

Thanks for the update. No worries about the delays from the past. They are expected in crypto. Glad to hear you have more time going forward to dedicate to the project. Let us know how much BTC would allow you to work full time until completion

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Other upcoming dates:

Previous updates:

Is this why the ANC price has been rising steadily these last few days.  I know we've had a few false starts over the last few months, but it doesn't look like ANC currently has any real or solid competitors to implementing Zerocoin so far AFAIK.  The few PnD coins I have seen released recently promising Zerocoin haven't mentioned utilizing RSA UFO's.  And look like they just want to rip ANC's GitHub.

Could be : ) Surely there will be some nice news, but I'd not expect too much by now.  Smiley Giving out expectations is always a delicate thing to do.
So far I don't know of any solid coin that wants to implement it - but the mere strategy of ANC to implement it might not be the reason for the price hike : )

I think it is just a little pump in a sea of pumps.

Once there are solid things released by the ANC Devs and community ... that's a different story, but for now ... we should not get aroused by the higher price^^
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
I'm currently making good progress on Zerocoin. I'm almost finished with adding RSA UFO support to the library, and then I can move onto other aspects of it, such as storage of zerocoins in wallets. I'll give an update on Saturday, September 13 about when I expect Zerocoin to be code complete. If no major problems are discovered, it won't be long before a hard fork where we actually add ZC support to Anoncoin and you all can start using minting and spending zerocoins. Smiley

When I started this project, I wanted to be completely transparent, and so all the commits were done in a public Github repository. Well, now I think that was a naive decision, since there is a lot of copying of features between coins. Therefore, I will release commits to the public on a 2 week lagging schedule. Since the first private commits were on September 3, you'll see those commits on Github on September 17 (8 days from now). They will be in the "zc" branch of our repo: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/zc

I think this is a good balance between transparency and business sense. It's not good to go to the extreme that Darkcoin went to, where they kept their DarkSend feature closed-source long after production software was released.

Also, see my last update, if you missed it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8599297

Is this why the ANC price has been rising steadily these last few days.  I know we've had a few false starts over the last few months, but it doesn't look like ANC currently has any real or solid competitors to implementing Zerocoin so far AFAIK.  The few PnD coins I have seen released recently promising Zerocoin haven't mentioned utilizing RSA UFO's.  And look like they just want to rip ANC's GitHub.
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Hello, Friends.
I am back after a long time.
How are you guys? Did we take over the world yet?
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
Huh Huh
Don't get too excited guys. It's not that the volume was very high. One can move the market significantly with "only" 5 BTC : )

@ TheKoziTwo - Nice stats : )

Makes sense.

The anecdote was the funny part, the message here is that ANC could be more actively promoted by supporters on Twitter.. It seems Newbies accounts are taken more seriously on that platform Wink

Count on me!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Is there any timetable for implementing the auxPoW myriad yet.  Also I know Litecoin and Monero have been chosen plus that you was thinking of Primecoin too.  Although have you decided on the other two auxPoW chains yet.  The two biggest and strongest GPU chains not including Darkcoin are Feathercoin and Vertcoin.  And I feel strongly that you should choose them two to give GPU miners a chance.  TBF you could just settle for a three chain myriad of Litecoin, Monero and Feathercoin or Vertcoin.  To open the mining up to the original Scrypt miners, CPU miners and GPU miners.
You dont choose a coin for AuxPoW, you select a algo for AuxPoW. Lets say we want that Litecoin ppl can MM Anoncoin, then all coins which have the same scrypt settings (regarind PoW) can also MM Anoncoin.

Thanks for that, but it sounds like you're claiming that I don't know the difference between the terms Litecoin and Scrypt, or Monero and Cryptonight.  Healthy networks must be chosen for the myriad hence using the names of the coins and network chain algorithms interchangeably.  I do know that if ANC is arranged to merge-mine with the Monero chain then you could in effect choose any other Cryptonight chain to auxPoW with.  Although the larger networks are a lot more favourable to target as it potentially brings in more merged-miners to in return strengthen ANC chosen myriad chains.

https://minergate.com - already offers Cryptonight merged-mining.  So maybe they'd be quick to implement ANC auxPoW with Cryptonight chains.
Jump to: