Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 142. (Read 530609 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Zerocoin update!
First of all, I wanted to clear up any confusion with respect to Matthew Green and the other Zerocoin project members.   The "new" Zerocoin, called "Zerocash", is based on completely different cryptography than the "old" Zerocoin (I will be implementing the old one).  The Zerocoin project has essentially abandoned their previous idea in favor of Zerocash, and expect to release both the paper and the coin in late May.

We are very grateful for the excellent work of the Zerocoin people in developing the original Zerocoin, however they have apparently chosen to ignore our communications, for unknown reasons.  Fortunately, I have the knowledge needed to implement this without their help.  Cheesy

It is reasonable to ask why we are working on implementing the old Zerocoin when the cryptographers responsible for it are working on their own alt-coin implementing a new idea.  There are two reasons: 1) there is no way of knowing for sure that this new Zerocash coin will be released on time, or will work correctly, and there is strong demand for a truly anonymous crypto-currency ASAP; and 2) the new Zerocash may be fatally dependent on a trustworthy party for setting up the initial parameters, as is suggested by my readings about zkSNARKs.  It is an incredible stroke of luck that a workaround exists to this problem for the old Zerocoin (so-called "RSA UFOs", which I am working on at present), and it is likely that no workaround exists for Zerocash.

I've heard this is not technically possible to start Zerocoin in a trustless manner and this is why Matthew Green and members abandoned the first Zercoin project.

Are you just trolling or did you not even Google your username -

When a zerocoin is minted, the coin is added as a member to the set of all zerocoins by way of a one-way cryptographic accumulator. In order to prove later that a given zerocoin belongs to this set, during the initial setup of the accumulator, it is necessary to define a number N that is the product of two prime numbers P and Q. If the prime numbers are large enough, it would be infeasible for any party to factor N to obtain knowledge of P and Q. However, if the party who setup the accumulator were to know these prime factors, then this party would be able to bypass the security of the system and forge zerocoin membership proofs. Anoncoin solves this setup problem by using RSA UFOs (generalized RSA moduli of unknown complete factorization) for the number N, which can be generated in a trustless manner.

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
Yes he is. Only accusations with no real argument/proof.
I wonder how such ppl can look in the mirror in the morning...

If the zerocoin algo, or its security, rely on the infeasibilty of factoring N to get primes P and Q then basically you are giving a shelflife to zerocoin. You are saying at some point in the future all previous transactions will be decrypted.

Considering the nature of math, of primes and so on, the algo is not likely to last long. Considering further the possibility that there may be entities with access to extremely high computing power i.e., supercomputers, it is a blind guess whether the algo will even be trustable the very day it is released.

This is no secret. The implementation of zerocoin into anc is either a deliberate scam or some sort of attempt to discredit it.
legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015
A article on the different technologies being used by certain coins might be nice on the wiki...
ANC vs DRK, Cloak, Monero ... once ZC is done ofc.

So people can have a look and decide which coin to choose for anonymity.

maybe a knowlegable person in this field can come up with the table listing coins on the left and features on top - ticking appropriate boxes. could be very helpful.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
A article on the different technologies being used by certain coins might be nice on the wiki...
ANC vs DRK, Cloak, Monero ... once ZC is done ofc.

So people can have a look and decide which coin to choose for anonymity.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Zerocoin update!
First of all, I wanted to clear up any confusion with respect to Matthew Green and the other Zerocoin project members.   The "new" Zerocoin, called "Zerocash", is based on completely different cryptography than the "old" Zerocoin (I will be implementing the old one).  The Zerocoin project has essentially abandoned their previous idea in favor of Zerocash, and expect to release both the paper and the coin in late May.

We are very grateful for the excellent work of the Zerocoin people in developing the original Zerocoin, however they have apparently chosen to ignore our communications, for unknown reasons.  Fortunately, I have the knowledge needed to implement this without their help.  Cheesy

It is reasonable to ask why we are working on implementing the old Zerocoin when the cryptographers responsible for it are working on their own alt-coin implementing a new idea.  There are two reasons: 1) there is no way of knowing for sure that this new Zerocash coin will be released on time, or will work correctly, and there is strong demand for a truly anonymous crypto-currency ASAP; and 2) the new Zerocash may be fatally dependent on a trustworthy party for setting up the initial parameters, as is suggested by my readings about zkSNARKs.  It is an incredible stroke of luck that a workaround exists to this problem for the old Zerocoin (so-called "RSA UFOs", which I am working on at present), and it is likely that no workaround exists for Zerocash.

I've heard this is not technically possible to start Zerocoin in a trustless manner and this is why Matthew Green and members abandoned the first Zercoin project.

When a zerocoin is minted, the coin is added as a member to the set of all zerocoins by way of a one-way cryptographic accumulator. In order to prove later that a given zerocoin belongs to this set, during the initial setup of the accumulator, it is necessary to define a number N that is the product of two prime numbers P and Q. If the prime numbers are large enough, it would be infeasible for any party to factor N to obtain knowledge of P and Q. However, if the party who setup the accumulator were to know these prime factors, then this party would be able to bypass the security of the system and forge zerocoin membership proofs. Anoncoin solves this setup problem by using RSA UFOs (generalized RSA moduli of unknown complete factorization) for the number N, which can be generated in a trustless manner.

Yes he is. Only accusations with no real argument/proof.
I wonder how such ppl can look in the mirror in the morning...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Zerocoin update!

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
If you read back in the thread you will read that the RSA UFO generation will end around September the 15th.  And that it was also stated that around then an announcement on the progress of the overall implementation of the ZC protocol will be announced.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
dev, any schedule or plan about ANC launch the Zerocoin function?

thanks.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Agreed, Info on ZC might be nice @gnosis x : )

I think he don't know how to express himself and not to pump price before he gets paycheck from dayjob

Grin Grin

+

EDIT:   what is with that 0.000420 buys in history , msg from meeh??  Cheesy

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/66
If this address is rising day by day, must be something behind the scenes what he know  Huh

https://coinplorer.com/ANC/Addresses/ATep63upG6ZXQs5Dvzsnzu7CY24QCEAWh7

Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 508
I'm making progress on the DarkNet exchange. No date for competion yet (don't want to disappoint) but i hope to provide the community a secure, anonymous, no js, trading experience.

Do not worry,  we are just lazy to respond or go on twitter..
The thing is that we know ANC will be on bunch of exchanges very soon, with ZC release.

Everybody is watching you, so keep good work with promotion!

I'm not too euphoric, made my bad experiences with Crypto ... sadly -,-

Agreed, Info on ZC might be nice @gnosis x : )
I have some good news: I will be working on Zerocoin full time at least until October 1, and possibly after. Since I started this, I have been working on ZC part time, which meant very slow progress. Also, I underestimated the size of the project, so deadlines got pushed back. Estimating the time to finish a software project is hard in any case, so that partly explains the uncertainty.  I am reluctant to give another deadline, but I know you all are clamoring for trustless anonymous money, so in 2 weeks, I'll give an accurate estimate of when I'm done. I will also give regular updates on my progress (every few days or so). One thing is for certain: this will go much faster now! Cheesy

Also, we have experienced some blockchain "turbulence" recently. I am working with Meeh and K1773R to address this and make sure that blocks come in regularly and that the network is more resistent to all sorts of attacks.

Lastly, I wanted to give an update on the UFO project: it is ongoing and will finish on September 15, when ANC rewards will be issued and the server source will be published to our Github. The largest factor found so far is 143551628346878317311308640667091515671003679, which is 45 digits (147 bits).  For some perspective, the world record for factors found using this method is 78 digits (though for all we know, the NSA/GCHQ/$spook_agency have factored larger ones...). I'd like to thank all the participants for contributing their CPU core-months (core-years, in some cases) to this project -- this effort was essential for creating a trustless Zerocoin implementation using RSA UFOs.

Hello gnosis,

can you give us some info about progress?

Gracias
Great news @Meeh. : )
Lay off the Energy drinks though ... they can be pretty harmful to your system.

Due to the high acid level in'em bladder stones can build easily....

Okay another thing, I got word from Bittrex ... I don't know if you guys are interested to get this listed on another exchange

Bittrex:
Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.

Well alright, I figure nobody is interested so I drop the idea.
Sad that there are so few people with Anoncoin really, I always wondered why there are so few  Huh

Do not worry,  we are just lazy to respond or go on twitter..
The thing is that we know ANC will be on bunch of exchanges very soon, with ZC release.

Everybody is watching you, so keep good work with promotion!

Okay another thing, I got word from Bittrex ... I don't know if you guys are interested to get this listed on another exchange

Bittrex:
Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.

Well alright, I figure nobody is interested so I drop the idea.
Sad that there are so few people with Anoncoin really, I always wondered why there are so few  Huh
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
I checked it.

Cryptsy DOES NOT show the whole order book.

Plus we can't be sure about the bots filling orders in seconds and giving volume to the market.
Still I dislike what's happening^^

Look at the order depth now. The small buy orders are gone and you can see the actual buy orders.

Bittrex:
Activity: 490
:)

Good question really Wink hehe.. Well, I've been a "bit" over-stressed with my dayjob tasks the past week, moving BB metric system before my SSD says 0b left, writing some of the big ANC change, getting more known with the internal logic of I2P since we're embedding it as well, and blog, and mail, etc... So I've jumped over sleep for a night here and there the past week to get time to make urgent tasks both at ANC and I2P. Tongue drinking however waaaay to much energy drinks. Tongue

And of course now when heading to bed, I think maybe I found a start on a trustless decentralized exchange.. wee.. Tongue anyway writing notes now and will discuss with Gnosis or Orignal for help with checking my math, and if my idea is possible.. Just say I've borrowed some fundamentals in ZC. Smiley Since I've been awake a while now, I probably done something wrong.. But with luck maybe it was something... If so I'll get back with awesome news haha Smiley Night Night!

Also, I hope (I should ) get time to patch insight as a new blockexplorer for ANC within the week. Did some local tests earlier today too.

Activity: 490
:)
Hi girls,

so what about the Logo now? Is the one on the wiki the official one now?
If so I will request changing them on coinmarketcap and cryptmarketcap.

I also requested a listing of ANC on bittrex and asked bitinfocharts.com for a listing too.

Another question, what about the Android wallet? I would know 2 people who made Wallets for Coins... should I contact them or is the wallet already in the works?
wrt logo, yes it is

I will add graphics to the new codebase on the same commit as my Qt tweaks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Hi girls,

I also requested a listing of ANC on bittrex and asked bitinfocharts.com for a listing too.

Another question, what about the Android wallet? I would know 2 people who made Wallets for Coins... should I contact them or is the wallet already in the works?
wrt logo, yes it is
Hi girls,

Jump to: