Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 192. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
जगत् िमत
Geekz, block time is one every 3 min, they changed it from the 3.42 min initially chosen.
480 block a day hence 2400 ANC for the moment

Thanks for the info.  I am still verifying it from blockchain.
जगत् िमत

Ask yourself this: what's preferable -- a true dev like gnos1s working on zerocoin implementation and not giving updates very often or a slick scammer promoting his twinkle dust instamine scam (50% of total coins)?

Red pill or blue pill?

Very well said. And Thanks for the bounty.  Smiley Will keep you guys updated on the progress.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

The Darkcoin is supposed to have anonymity. The devs did the work and the product has value. And it makes sense to do PR as well for the product.

On the other side, the Anoncoin does not have anonymity. It has only a lot of months of promises. There is no product, so it is tanking. Who is going to promote coin made of promises?

I worked many years as a SW developer and I bought Anoncoin on expectations that I will invest my work into Anoncoin. I offered help three times but guess what? So now I have lost significant portion of my savings due to the false promises given by Anoncoin devs.

Ask yourself this: what's preferable -- a true dev like gnos1s working on zerocoin implementation and not giving updates very often or a slick scammer promoting his twinkle dust instamine scam (50% of total coins)?

Red pill or blue pill?
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
If anyone else can help produce the above table (taking into account the change of block time from 3.42 to 3), it will be much appreciated.  Did the block time change from 3.42 to 3 minutes on the 12th October 2013 with the release of the 0.8.5.5 version?
legendary
OK I calculated for you:

current block=194160
halving nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 306600)
306600 - 194160 = 109440 block
1 block every 3 min : 328320 min remaining for halving

--> next halving the thursday 22 january 2015, with block reward 2.5

next halving after that @block 613200
hence samedi 22 october 2016, with block reward 1.25

next halving after that @block 919800
hence monday 23 july 2018, with block reward 0.625

next halving after that @block 1226400
hence wednesday 22 april 2020, with block reward 0.3125

Blocks are every 3 min now, no more every 3.42 min...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6920430

When did the block time change? (Date?)

Please can someone help verify this tabulation of block rewards:

Thank you.  I will tabulate it all again.  If it still looks wrong, please advise me further.
Activity: 43
Torcoin makes sensation on crypto news portals like cryptocurrencynews....

The coin is dead!

If you look at future potensial at least 99% of all alt coins are dead. Even those not created yet.

Anoncoin is not among them. Why?

1. Because it have active DEVELOPMENT. (Development is not the same as active copy-pasting)  Grin
2. It is not created soley to enrich the developeres.

The main issue is that the opposite is the true. The other coins not only have active development, but they implemented features indeed. That is why other coins became valuable. And while other coins harvest results of active development, this coin has ideas, but no development, no features, thus no future. The devs could become famous for implementing a great idea but they are going to be forgotten soon, because they only accumulate more unfulfilled promises while their competitors are not talking but implementing.

Who wants to pay for a product which consists only of a couple of promises? People pay for a product, for a value itself, not promises.
Then why Darkcoin have such high price? Because it provides false anonimity? Maybe because of premine ? no.no... It's all because of PR!

The Darkcoin is supposed to have anonymity. The devs did the work and the product has value. And it makes sense to do PR as well for the product.

On the other side, the Anoncoin does not have anonymity. It has only a lot of months of promises. There is no product, so it is tanking. Who is going to promote coin made of promises?

I worked many years as a SW developer and I bought Anoncoin on expectations that I will invest my work into Anoncoin. I offered help three times but guess what? So now I have lost significant portion of my savings due to the false promises given by Anoncoin devs.
I2P and TOR network support doesn't provide any anonimity?
Activity: 57
Geekz, block time is one every 3 min, they changed it from the 3.42 min initially chosen.

480 block a day hence 2400 ANC for the moment

You can calculate the excepcted amount in excel. I dont have the any time now, but I can set up a table later.

Looks like i figured it out.
Basics of Anoncoin
Total 4.2 million Anoncoins can be mined. Anoncoin network processes a block every 3.42 minutes, i.e. 420 blocks a day.
Currently in 2014 , Block Reward is 5 . So,  5 x 420 = 2100 coins can be mined per day.

Here are the fun facts :

*NOTE : I am not sure about the accuracy , because , i am finding a lot of discrepancy when i verify it with exact data from the blockchain at ancblockchain.com. Advice from other experts needed for further clarification.

OK I calculated for you:

current block=194160
halving nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 306600)
306600 - 194160 = 109440 block
1 block every 3 min : 328320 min remaining for halving

--> next halving the thursday 22 january 2015, with block reward 2.5

next halving after that @block 613200
hence samedi 22 october 2016, with block reward 1.25

next halving after that @block 919800
hence monday 23 july 2018, with block reward 0.625

next halving after that @block 1226400
hence wednesday 22 april 2020, with block reward 0.3125

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zs1a1t.png
legendary

Activity: 2
Salutations, internet ne’erdowells!

I have just sent 51 ANC to geekz.

God be with you,

Duke_of_Cambridge

Will start development for mobile bitcoinj for ANC at https://github.com/geekz/bitcoinj
Any help would be appreciated. It will be a simple java wallet and without i2p or tor features for now.

Great!  Cool

I will give you 50 ANC as a bounty for this Wink

Here is your bounty address: ANdroicLmsxioNySJcrMaDM4hE4YjYD575

I will give all the ANC there is on it to you as soon as a working implementation of android wallet is done Wink

Others peoples who wanna give some ANC for the android wallet can use this address (although they will have to trust me Wink).

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zs1a1t.png
legendary

legendary
Did this apply in July 2013?

"The block payout changes will kick in at block 77.777 where the blocks begin paying 5 ANC per block (Down from current 7). From there the block payout will continue halving every ~2 years (5 -> 2.5 -> 1.25 -> 0.75). This will add to the lifetime of the coin, and shuld along with the diff adjustments prevent the pump and dump behavior on exchanges as several thousand coins won't be instantly mined and dumped."

I have worked out that the block reward (coins per block) halves every year from block 77,777.  Please help. 
WDL
Activity: 54

The coin is dead!

If you look at future potensial at least 99% of all alt coins are dead. Even those not created yet.

1. Because it have active DEVELOPMENT. (Development is not the same as active copy-pasting)  Grin

The main issue is that the opposite is the true. The other coins not only have active development, but they implemented features indeed. That is why other coins became valuable. And while other coins harvest results of active development, this coin has ideas, but no development, no features, thus no future. The devs could become famous for implementing a great idea but they are going to be forgotten soon, because they only accumulate more unfulfilled promises while their competitors are not talking but implementing.

Who wants to pay for a product which consists only of a couple of promises? People pay for a product, for a value itself, not promises.
Then why Darkcoin have such high price? Because it provides false anonimity? Maybe because of premine ? no.no... It's all because of PR!

YES,In view of  Zerocash is coming there is no more time for ANC  ,I wish the DEV realise it.
WDL
Activity: 54
Anoncoin value is falling off the cliff in exchanges.  It now costs less than 1 mBTC. And you might be worried about it.

You can help Anoncoin community by doing following things.
1. Participate actively in the forum and on IRC chat.  Write articles about anoncoin on blogs and forums. At least one new article in the forum or blogs in every 12 hours.
2. Create supernodes of Anoncoins to strengthen the Anoncoin Network.
3. If you are developer , there are many possibilities on what you can do by creating applications and tools.
4. Tweet about Anoncoin and its features. Discuss about the difference with Darkcoin and how its better.

Finally,  You can also donate few ANCs to my address, so that i can build more applications and services.http://ancblockchain.com/address/ASAdJpndrVcuMzfA52XBGzQMhFRQfdCh7k .

Could you tell me what a supernode is, and how you can set this up?

Supernode  reminds me XC,whose anon feature derived from the Dual-Path Peer-to-Peer approach,in which the trusted servers called supernode,and it is called XNODE in XC:D
Activity: 5

The coin is dead!

legendary
Anoncoin is in my book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" Beginner's Reference.  Here is first draft of IFC:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7131241

MAIN CRYPTOCURRENCY BOOK THREAD: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrency-the-alt-ernative-beginners-reference-book-483187

Anoncoin will look similar to the first draft of IFC.  Coin specifications, history, exchanges and other miscellaneous details will be included.  Please help fund the publication of this book which I plan to publish this summer.  

ANVLEZMHZYZRtS9mT4WNxunwLN7xi89imD

Here was the original ANC preliminary section.  It has been improved and corrected since it was written.  I am spending my time today researching ANC history and exchange activity.

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Hello Everyone.
Anyone interested to see Top 50 Rich addresses in Anoncoins??

Please vote , and places your guesses. What do you think is the balance of the richest address?
What percentage does the top 10 or 50 addresses hold???

Reply and share your guesses..

I will release the list on ancblockchain.com very soon.. Smiley
K1773R (AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA) = 6004.2 ANC
Meeh (AMeehr1AtpyMaZKVLv4Tb1wdRtVfx3wDj3) = 6580.86402573 ANC

Neither is in the top 20, but it is good to know that they have a modest stake in anoncoin.
जगत् िमत
There is already such list: https://coinplorer.com/ANC/Addresses/0/Top (not saying another is not welcome)

Oh Yes! I didn't know that.  Thanks.
I would be adding Ranking list and charts at ancblockchain.com , within a week.  Smiley
Hopefully, will get the news and blog section ready. 
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Hello Everyone.
Anyone interested to see Top 50 Rich addresses in Anoncoins??

Please vote , and places your guesses. What do you think is the balance of the richest address?
What percentage does the top 10 or 50 addresses hold???

Reply and share your guesses..

I will release the list on ancblockchain.com very soon.. Smiley
There is already such list: https://coinplorer.com/ANC/Addresses/0/Top (not saying another is not welcome)
Jump to: