Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 196. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
What meeh wrote was incoherent babble (but I'm curious about those services). Do you want your currency to be shorted, because this is how you get your currency shorted.

There are 7 bitcoins worth of ANC buy orders on the cryptsy order books.
Activity: 546
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Previous estimations have proven to be completely off so I'm not feeling too confident in the new "in 1.5 months" estimation.

If we read the blog it says testnet should be out by the end of April or early May. Not sure who is behind their twitter account but in March it was stated: "we expect to start testing it on testnet later this week Smiley". That twitter entry is from 31st of March, so what happened? Gnosis didn't just draw his own day job out of a hat, it's been there all along so surely any estimation would be made with that taken into account.

If we look at the github commits there is an awful lot of small fixes, space indents and typo fixes. Not much actual code for zerocoin. Is he holding it back to avoid competition or is there really almost no progress being made?

If zerocoin was implemented today anoncoin would increase a lot in value, no doubt. If Gnosis is realistically able to finish this in 1.5 months with his current day job what does it take for him to quit today and work 100% on zerocoin and how soon will it finish? If he would give some info on his needs perhaps the community would donate to make this happen. I certainly would. I hold 5-digit amount of anoncoins and realize they are either going to be worthless or turn into a little fortune depending on this implementation and when it is released. I'd be willing to put up a bounty to make this happen. But right now there is no indication of anything going on and why the estimation turned out to be an epic failure.

Why did the testnet planned for release first month of April suddenly become 2-4 months delayed? How could the estimation be off by 2-4 months? Any comment on that?

Yes . We need one schedule here.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Previous estimations have proven to be completely off so I'm not feeling too confident in the new "in 1.5 months" estimation.

If we read the blog it says testnet should be out by the end of April or early May. Not sure who is behind their twitter account but in March it was stated: "we expect to start testing it on testnet later this week Smiley". That twitter entry is from 31st of March, so what happened? Gnosis didn't just draw his own day job out of a hat, it's been there all along so surely any estimation would be made with that taken into account.

If we look at the github commits there is an awful lot of small fixes, space indents and typo fixes. Not much actual code for zerocoin. Is he holding it back to avoid competition or is there really almost no progress being made?

If zerocoin was implemented today anoncoin would increase a lot in value, no doubt. If Gnosis is realistically able to finish this in 1.5 months with his current day job what does it take for him to quit today and work 100% on zerocoin and how soon will it finish? If he would give some info on his needs perhaps the community would donate to make this happen. I certainly would. I hold 5-digit amount of anoncoins and realize they are either going to be worthless or turn into a little fortune depending on this implementation and when it is released. I'd be willing to put up a bounty to make this happen. But right now there is no indication of anything going on and why the estimation turned out to be an epic failure.

Why did the testnet planned for release first month of April suddenly become 2-4 months delayed? How could the estimation be off by 2-4 months? Any comment on that?
Activity: 686
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
Hi everyone

Just wanted to post an update regarding http://anc.hashfaster.com

We've upgraded everything, new theme, new stratum, etc.  I am not sure where everyone is mining ANC now-a-days but I figured I'd bump in to let everyone know HashFaster is still proud to operate an ANC pool.

ZC

I can't seem to login now.  And the auto-payment function is not working for me.  Ticket sent May 19th(!!!), and still not resolved & no contact for over a week.

meanwhile, anon.cryptocoins.net is giving me no problems at all.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
I have some ideas about how to integrate (parts of) the Zerocash system http://zerocash-project.org/paper into Anoncoin. If the ANC devs are interested in experimenting with a few things on testnet please let me know.

Unfortunately for ANC if substantial progress is not made soon I am afraid DRK (or potentially a few others) will win the battle for anonymous coin supremacy (by winning the adoption race) even if its technology is not necessarily the best.

I don't think that the competition is Dark Coin: they will slowly go away as better solutions are offered. Nevertheless, if Matthew Green and his team releases Zerocash before Anoncoin releases their version of Zerocoin, Anoncoin will be dead with no hope of resurrection, EVER. Matthew Green brings "respectability" to the table (at least to some, I could care less) as an academic crytptographer, and they are certain to find a setup of their initial parameters that will likely be "acceptable", even if it is not trustless. It is true that you can not monitor the total money supply of Zerocash, and that trust is an important issue, but if people trust Darkcoin and CryptoNote, they will certainly trust Zerocash. Furthermore, as a coin coming from academia, I am certain that Zerocash will be introduced in a fair manner (unlike DRK), and will come with ample documentation.

According to Ian Meirs's twitter feed, they are planning a Zerocash release in 3-6 months time (https://twitter.com/secparam/status/468784402558771200). The Anoncoin devs are way behind schedule, have not set up the testnet,  and are not responding at all to help that is being offered from the community. I have tried to contact them via this forum, reddit, and the irc channel, offering 20 cores for the entire month of June for their brute force attacks on RSA UFOs, and have received no response. A previous poster offered 5000 USD in matching funds for Gnosis if he finished Zerocoin by June 1, and he wasn't even interested (10k in ANC would certainly become 1 million a month later, if successful....). Though Meeh stated in March that Gnosis received financial backing to implement Zerocoin, Meeh's last post states that Gnosis is busy with his other full time job and can not commit ample time to Zerocoin. Meeh's idea of "I'll get back with more Anoncoin updates soon!" is 3 months time. In three more months, zerocash could already be here.

So, my prognosis is the following: If the developers have nothing to show us by July 1, this coin will die.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Hi everyone

We've upgraded everything, new theme, new stratum, etc.  I am not sure where everyone is mining ANC now-a-days but I figured I'd bump in to let everyone know HashFaster is still proud to operate an ANC pool.

ZC

I cant register at all?
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
send me your address and I will return it..... im mining on poolerinos pool and the last transaction "the one I showed cant seem to be found or something? I cant seem to figure it out

any ideas on what I should do?
I already send the pools admin a few emails but no replies now for a few hours...

1757 2014-06-02 18:30:02 Debit_MP Confirmed  AJQKP7ym...KmX1U3xs 5e1a0e07...57aacf34 n/a 2.55943081
I have not received this in my wallet? and trying to find it on the block chain explorer is not able to find this transaction?
please help

Your address looks available here : http://ancblockchain.com/address/AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs
Activity: 306
Hi everyone

ZC
Activity: 290
I just installed the wallet and its all synced up and I sent a few coins there and its been a few hours....

http://ancblockchain.com/search?q=AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs

as I click on the link for my wallet it says its not seen on the network but on my computer it shows its up and running and synced? how do I retrieve these coins?

I really don't know what im doing wrong?

help please?

Try to restart the wallet. Even if it seems to be running fine that is not always the case.

restarted and synced again and its still not showing up

11:14:43

validateaddress AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs

{
"isvalid" : true,
"address" : "AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs",
"ismine" : true,
"isscript" : false,
"pubkey" : "03f0e21cc884b9c8adcc868051cc6f7c70e94e245409af5de3e517f14fc1e203d0",
"iscompressed" : true,
"account" : ""
}

The address shows as valid in my wallet too. I sent 0.01 as a test. Seems to be working fine..

send me your address and I will return it..... im mining on poolerinos pool and the last transaction "the one I showed cant seem to be found or something? I cant seem to figure it out

I already send the pools admin a few emails but no replies now for a few hours...

1757 2014-06-02 18:30:02 Debit_MP Confirmed  AJQKP7ym...KmX1U3xs 5e1a0e07...57aacf34 n/a 2.55943081
I have not received this in my wallet? and trying to find it on the block chain explorer is not able to find this transaction?
please help

You will have to wait for a response from the pool admin. The issue is most likely that their system did not send the transaction for some reason.
Activity: 686
I have some ideas about how to integrate (parts of) the Zerocash system http://zerocash-project.org/paper into Anoncoin. If the ANC devs are interested in experimenting with a few things on testnet please let me know.

Unfortunately for ANC if substantial progress is not made soon I am afraid DRK (or potentially a few others) will win the battle for anonymous coin supremacy (by winning the adoption race) even if its technology is not necessarily the best.

I just installed the wallet and its all synced up and I sent a few coins there and its been a few hours....

as I click on the link for my wallet it says its not seen on the network but on my computer it shows its up and running and synced? how do I retrieve these coins?

help please?

Try to restart the wallet. Even if it seems to be running fine that is not always the case.

{
"pubkey" : "03f0e21cc884b9c8adcc868051cc6f7c70e94e245409af5de3e517f14fc1e203d0",
}

The address shows as valid in my wallet too. I sent 0.01 as a test. Seems to be working fine..

please help

help please?

{
}

help please?

{
}

help please?

help please?

tr# 5e1a0e076c2b85df7d3017c972fcc63adff51ea3a3e52e06228b32b757aacf34

help please?
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Fixed wrong addresses in transaction pages , tweaked the server to make it more stable and changed design at ancblockchain.com
Please provide your feedback.

Good job.
You mention a project of developer resource center in your signature. It would be an API to allow everyone to interact with the ANC blockchain?
If yes, it would be Great Smiley
API already exists for basic requests , like checking balance, current difficulty etc.  Please let me know what type of API are you looking for.
Activity: 8
I think the most needed are Russian, Mandarin(china), Portugalese, Spain and Arabian languages. Cry
Jump to: