Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 198. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Is this thread and coin related our BTT hero Annon? Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
personaly i think ANC i real deal.
This is very rare coin. Devs don't rush developments for income but true price won't come with bursting it just like that in DRK train...
Generaly great name too and concept from beginning.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Everything is going as it should , but some ppl were disappointed with the speed of implantation.
Especially when you look at some competitive coins of lesser quality that rapid progress .
My opinion is , except when the growth on end of the last year when they grew all the coins , this is healthy development of coin like Anoncoin .

In addition to speed , I see unhappy ppl with what they have missed the DRK train,
dissatisfied with what they have sold the ANC although perhaps profited .
Dissatisfied with what they sold while it was lower than when they purchased it.

We do not need a weak hand on our solid ANC , I must point out , with a small circulation , only 4.2M

After ZC in the ANC , and halving at start of next year , once again I predict 100$+ per ANC
Meeh is all well explained , very honest and encouraging.
There are no ambiguous messages as "other coins" , should be read with understanding, not anti cheering.

ANC is serious coin on market , currently what missing is his little volume , but as one member pointed out, volume is on the DRK and a few other lesser quality coins. It will easily change it after and maybe few days before ZC.

Do not miss out on this anonymous train!

Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

We've added AnonCoin in our wiki. if you wanna add something else, let us know.

http://coinwik.org/AnonCoin
Activity: 32
It seems to be working very well. Cheesy
WDL
Activity: 54
"The lack of news is a strategy of the devs. "----------------Don't cheat yourself,the posf of meeh reveals the truth there is no work at ANC,and incredibly meeh worked other coins,originally We had the best ideas and the best option of technology,but we lose more chances.Yes,Darksend of DRK is no match for Zerocoin which holds Zero-Knowledge-Proof,but Darksend has been developed while dev of ANC developed nothing.Work rather than promise takes advantage.
"it would be one and a half month at max away from a ready implementation. "---I am very very sad when I saw these.
Zerocoin implement,NO DELAY AGAIN,PLEASE.
I can wait because I believe Zero-Knowledge-Proof , but I have to see someone in the effort. GOD tells me, only work to succeed.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
WDL
Activity: 54
Other coins???  I feel betrayed.
Originally we had huge advantage over DRK,but now,even XC is beyond us.
Zerocoin implement,NO DELAY AGAIN,PLEASE.I still have faith in ANC.

That's it, thanks for the tip, and keep working!
Come again soon, and good luck
Smiley
Activity: 490
:)
Hi all,

First of all, the project is not abandoned. But we clearly got another way of working that the other coins. But I will try to update you as good as I can now. Also I need to catch up with all the posts so I probably need to post twice and maybe more.

First of all, a bit of the Zerocoin part:
As earlier stated Gnosis has a dayjob that pushes him much, and that is delaying the project. (But he is thinking of quiting the dayjob)
So he's code is delayed. Meanwhile, we're going to setup a "bruteforce" attack on some RSA UFOs, where whoever can contribute cpu power for attacking the UFOs. Simple saying we're trying to find the factors of the UFOs. This is an important and time consuming task. Simple saying we're testing our own security by attacking it. Gnosis also got some numbers he need to distribute to all the testing machines I and some other ppl have setup, this is just a GMP process running made by an python script. This is something we have already done, and will continue with. I can be better in announcing such.

This is also a attempt to get around the original size of an RSA UFO (typ. 20k+ bit) to multiple small UFOs, which will ultimate end with less CPU costs for verifying the ZC processing. This is something all clients need to do, even the clients that don't mine, so that's why much focus also goes to time & power consumption.

From what Gnosis told in the public anoncoin IRC channels a few days ago, he's thinking the deadline (with current life situation, dayjob) it would be one and a half month at max away from a ready implementation. While he works on the backend stuff, I've made it clear that I will make the GUI for speeding up the progress, and I will start as soon as we got any good design plans on the GUI part. (What needs to be shown of information, buttons, texts, what options, etc)

When we're at it, and we're ready to fork we should also have found a new type of algo. to run. Which, is not decided yet, so suggestions are welcome. Also the gravity well will be upgraded, but not necessarily any known patch yet.

Then, why haven't I been online on this forum? (Just saying, both I and Gnosis has replied people on IRC.) Back some weeks I realized I had really too much to do vs. time. Since I've got both a dayjob, this project, got a ISP corp. of my own (that's not the dayjob), friends and replying on questions from users. Simple saying, all the leftover time I had to not do my dayjob + critical task where gone. So I decided to logoff for a while so I could do some productive. Services for coins is often the lack that make a coin fall, and I wanted to change that for at least ANC and maybe some others.

This has resulted in me having some services to announce not far in the future. Those will accept coins as well as regular fiat payments. I can give you hints now that it's at least three services, two for regular users, and one for more advanced (not all beeing released at once). The two services meant for all people would help anonymize them more, and, for not saying too much "in some situations, bypassing some annoying you couldn't do before". I've also used a lot of time on making all this with "No point of single failure", meaning that even if a server goes down, the services should still be up and not noticeable for the user. I've setup servers both in Asia, The US and Europe for this. (Where all information would be stored _outside_ of the US because of their ... nice surveillance program). All traffic between the places is encrypted in different layers.

On the other hand, even I shoundn't use time on such, since I lack time already, I've partly disassembled DRK's hidden part of the code, looking for strange behavior or other noticeable things. And got some psudo code from some of it I'm thinking of releasing for research (About ~1800 lines), not at least some mindmaps which shows the links between the assembly segments together etc. There is a lot of code so I need to spend more time on it before I can say anything. Also, as usual, the news about the total surveillance keeps bugging me so I've unwillingly wondered if there is anything to do to stop them, but then I realized that they would probably never stop, and we would probably never stop them, and encryption is never "unbreakable", it's just about time. Then I realized misleading and "social obfuscation" is the way to go. I can't say much about it yet, because it's a shitload of money in personal information collection and this is something that would just make all that data ... invalid. (My mind don't stop yelling about privacy) Smiley

Activity: 43
Vote for anoncoin at the exchange https://hitbtc.com/vote
Isn't yet at the list, but i have made a propose.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
There is a lot of anger in this thread now. Just sharing my own opinion. Smiley

I started to follow anoncoin back in oktober 2013 and i have followed the development since. I just hold a small amount of coins. I don't feel that the devs owe me anything at all. There is in my opinion no broken promises, and no significant errors have occured. Of course I would which for better marketing and faster development, but as far as i have seen these things have not been directly promised. The fact that anc is scarce and extremly fair distributed is actually a problem. Without several huge holders working their asses of promoting a coin for their own sake, thus getting the sheep to follow, it is hard to break trough.

When it comes to darkcoin I am still very glad that I never bought a single coin. 2000% gain in 2 weeks would have been nice, but what goes up must go down, and i feel sorry for all the newbies who are going to loose big investing in that scam. I am pretty sure darkcoin will be as "dead" as quark/megacoin in a few months.
If you do not like Darkcoin, try with Monero,
and PM me if you want to sell my favorite Anoncoins
Smiley

I understand your anger, and I appreciate the desire.

I think there will not be any respond until ZC is ready, maybe meeh decide that,
and therefore all these debates, and our dissatisfaction with the lack of information.

We are early adopters, and who buy before ZC will be early adopters.
That is good thing of not much info of progress.

Activity: 175

I don't get it either. 10,000 USD will likely become 1 million USD at the peak of the post zerocoin bubble. Either the devs are already wealthy, extremely idealistic, extremely naive, or just screwed up.

+1, I couldn't have said it better except maybe for adding the option the devs are utterly antisocial guys.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
I don;t know what is going on with this project, are the devs still working on it? do they still plan on implementing zerocoin? any time frames?
Yes
Yes
I cant give you an ETA, ask Gnosis. Also this would only be a rough guestimate.
I asked Gnosis about the time frame - no reply
I also asked Meeh - no reply

As you are an anoncoin developer, do you have contact with Gnosis and Meeh? They told us that the test net would go live about two months ago, but since then, there has been complete radio silence. In Meeh's March blog entry, a lot was promised, but nothing has yet materialized.

We all understand that these things usually take longer than planned, and we would of course like them to get things right, but a simple update from time to time doesn't seem like too much to ask for. I am not asking them to pump this coin with propaganda in any way like darkcoin, but their disregard for the Anoncoin "community" (if you can call it that, you just need to read this thread and count the number of people who have become disillusioned) shows a complete lack of professionalism. Sure, perhaps this is just a small side project for them, but if that were the case, Meeh should not say on the official Anoncoin website that this is his full time job.

If Zerocoin is implemented, that would be great for Anoncoin in the short term. Nevertheless, other copycats will certainly follow. Ultimately, I will chose to use that coin which has the best community, and which has the best development team that is committed to implementing new features. I really doubt that the real winner in the end will be Anoncoin. I hope to be proven wrong, because I am truly impressed with how knowledgable the developers are.

You see, I offered these guys a fiat donation for implementing ZC and they called it just a stack of bills... totally nuts.

Brotroxer is little awkwardly expressed at the end of the response, and didn't contacted the major developers.
After that Gnos1s accept your offer.

Actually I was clear in the sense that I'd match donations from the community up to $5,000... so I expected to see some action from them in this regard, but they didn't move a finger AFAIK. I understand Gnosis is a busy person (though I disagree with his absolute lack of communication), but he could have delegated the task of managing donations to someone such as... Brotroxer? What again does that guy do?

Also I don't think ZC will be ready by June 1st, there's just no time left, and even if they managed to do it somehow, there'd be no donations for matching.

I don't get it either. 10,000 USD will likely become 1 million USD at the peak of the post zerocoin bubble. Either the devs are already wealthy, extremely idealistic, extremely naive, or just screwed up.

I have brought up "delegation" before, and they don't seem to get it: If you look at the website, you will notice that they recently added "We are in need of a person (or team) to perform PR, and community support. You can donate your time, or get paid for your work on a regular basis." This is exactly what I suggested should be done about a month ago in this thread (i.e., a team of about three people). They even copy-pasted my coinwiki article on Anoncoin (in an extremely awkward way) into their site (no tips, THANKS ALOT!). I already offered to help, for free: no reply.

At this point, I just don't care anymore. If the devs pull this off, I will cash out at the first opportunistic moment, and support the first zerocoin clone that comes along. If the devs think that I am in this just for a quick investment, they can go fuck themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
You see, I'd be much more inclined to extending the deadline if I had seen some interest from those who could benefit from my offer.

A potential $10,000 reward (best case if the community donated $5,000) isn't negligible but apart from saying "I accept your offer" there was no further post, indicator of interest, or milestone achieved.

I don't know if Gnosis will ever finish ZC (hope he does as he seems a knowledgeable guy), but being a superior technical product is far from being sufficient for having a winning product/big market share. History is full of examples: betamax versus VHS, Windows versus Linux and so on.
I, once again, dropped them a message they should write something here.
I don;t know what is going on with this project, are the devs still working on it? do they still plan on implementing zerocoin? any time frames?
Yes
Yes

As you are an anoncoin developer, do you have contact with Gnosis and Meeh? They told us that the test net would go live about two months ago, but since then, there has been complete radio silence. In Meeh's March blog entry, a lot was promised, but nothing has yet materialized.

We all understand that these things usually take longer than planned, and we would of course like them to get things right, but a simple update from time to time doesn't seem like too much to ask for. I am not asking them to pump this coin with propaganda in any way like darkcoin, but their disregard for the Anoncoin "community" (if you can call it that, you just need to read this thread and count the number of people who have become disillusioned) shows a complete lack of professionalism. Sure, perhaps this is just a small side project for them, but if that were the case, Meeh should not say on the official Anoncoin website that this is his full time job.

If Zerocoin is implemented, that would be great for Anoncoin in the short term. Nevertheless, other copycats will certainly follow. Ultimately, I will chose to use that coin which has the best community, and which has the best development team that is committed to implementing new features. I really doubt that the real winner in the end will be Anoncoin. I hope to be proven wrong, because I am truly impressed with how knowledgable the developers are.

You see, I offered these guys a fiat donation for implementing ZC and they called it just a stack of bills... totally nuts.

Brotroxer is little awkwardly expressed at the end of the response, and didn't contacted the major developers.

Actually I was clear in the sense that I'd match donations from the community up to $5,000... so I expected to see some action from them in this regard, but they didn't move a finger AFAIK. I understand Gnosis is a busy person (though I disagree with his absolute lack of communication), but he could have delegated the task of managing donations to someone such as... Brotroxer? What again does that guy do?

Also I don't think ZC will be ready by June 1st, there's just no time left, and even if they managed to do it somehow, there'd be no donations for matching.

Awkwardly expressed, and that's a fact. They do not have the custom to emerge, and after implantation will be much more active in my opinion.

BroTroxer and K1773R are active on the forum to respond to the current technical condition Anoncoin and if someone has a problem.
They do all what they must, but they not involved in the implantation nor authorized for reporting on progress, at this time.

There is no PR for ANC, and he will not even need much PR after implantation of ZC.

Gnos1s may fail to June 1st, but it does not matter except that you will keep 5k$ in your pocket.

Smiley

I believe that he could arrange something unfinished until June 1st, but I expect a perfect product,
and Gnos1s will do that for sure!

You see, I'd be much more inclined to extending the deadline if I had seen some interest from those who could benefit from my offer.

A potential $10,000 reward (best case if the community donated $5,000) isn't negligible but apart from saying "I accept your offer" there was no further post, indicator of interest, or milestone achieved.

I don't know if Gnosis will ever finish ZC (hope he does as he seems a knowledgeable guy), but being a superior technical product is far from being sufficient for having a winning product/big market share. History is full of examples: betamax versus VHS, Windows versus Linux and so on.

Yes
Yes

Awkwardly expressed, and that's a fact. They do not have the custom to emerge, and after implantation will be much more active in my opinion.

BroTroxer and K1773R are active on the forum to respond to the current technical condition Anoncoin and if someone has a problem.
They do all what they must, but they not involved in the implantation nor authorized for reporting on progress, at this time.

There is no PR for ANC, and he will not even need much PR after implantation of ZC.

Gnos1s may fail to June 1st, but it does not matter except that you will keep 5k$ in your pocket.

Smiley

I believe that he could arrange something unfinished until June 1st, but I expect a perfect product,
and Gnos1s will do that for sure!

Yes
Yes

Yes
Yes

Jump to: