Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 199. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
I don;t know what is going on with this project, are the devs still working on it? do they still plan on implementing zerocoin? any time frames?
Yes
Yes
I cant give you an ETA, ask Gnosis. Also this would only be a rough guestimate.
I asked Gnosis about the time frame - no reply
I also asked Meeh - no reply

As you are an anoncoin developer, do you have contact with Gnosis and Meeh? They told us that the test net would go live about two months ago, but since then, there has been complete radio silence. In Meeh's March blog entry, a lot was promised, but nothing has yet materialized.

We all understand that these things usually take longer than planned, and we would of course like them to get things right, but a simple update from time to time doesn't seem like too much to ask for. I am not asking them to pump this coin with propaganda in any way like darkcoin, but their disregard for the Anoncoin "community" (if you can call it that, you just need to read this thread and count the number of people who have become disillusioned) shows a complete lack of professionalism. Sure, perhaps this is just a small side project for them, but if that were the case, Meeh should not say on the official Anoncoin website that this is his full time job.

If Zerocoin is implemented, that would be great for Anoncoin in the short term. Nevertheless, other copycats will certainly follow. Ultimately, I will chose to use that coin which has the best community, and which has the best development team that is committed to implementing new features. I really doubt that the real winner in the end will be Anoncoin. I hope to be proven wrong, because I am truly impressed with how knowledgable the developers are.

You see, I offered these guys a fiat donation for implementing ZC and they called it just a stack of bills... totally nuts.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
I don;t know what is going on with this project, are the devs still working on it? do they still plan on implementing zerocoin? any time frames?
Yes
Yes

As you are an anoncoin developer, do you have contact with Gnosis and Meeh? They told us that the test net would go live about two months ago, but since then, there has been complete radio silence. In Meeh's March blog entry, a lot was promised, but nothing has yet materialized.

We all understand that these things usually take longer than planned, and we would of course like them to get things right, but a simple update from time to time doesn't seem like too much to ask for. I am not asking them to pump this coin with propaganda in any way like darkcoin, but their disregard for the Anoncoin "community" (if you can call it that, you just need to read this thread and count the number of people who have become disillusioned) shows a complete lack of professionalism. Sure, perhaps this is just a small side project for them, but if that were the case, Meeh should not say on the official Anoncoin website that this is his full time job.

If Zerocoin is implemented, that would be great for Anoncoin in the short term. Nevertheless, other copycats will certainly follow. Ultimately, I will chose to use that coin which has the best community, and which has the best development team that is committed to implementing new features. I really doubt that the real winner in the end will be Anoncoin. I hope to be proven wrong, because I am truly impressed with how knowledgable the developers are.

Maybe Meeh is Satoshi?

I only can blame them for promises , but like you say these things usually take longer..

And the winner will be Anoncoin, I'm sure, and predict 100$/1 ANC until end of this year.

Smiley
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Yes
Yes

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I think an upgrade for the Coin's logo should be made. I know it's not your first priority right now with Zerocoin implementation in the works, but still the log is a bit unappealing. Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

Q
"Will it be possible to choose the initial setup parameters for zerocash without relying on trusted third parties, such as with RSA-UFOs as has been proposed for Anoncoin's version of zerocoin?"

A
"Probably not for years. This would be a major breakthrough if cryptographers could find a way to do this."
https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/25z2fw/differences_between_zerocoin_and_zerocash/chnxw39
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
I think that value (marketcap) of DRK coin is the value for ANC.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Yes
Yes
legendary
Activity: 910
Activity: 224
VocalPlatform.com
I am now convinced that the difficulty setting was a bad idea.
I have never seen a coin swing so wildly.
Do you guys even mine your own coin to keep the difficulty level at a reasonable level?
Oh well I'm keeping them, but I hope it becomes more stable in the future.
Where is the Anoncoin support? We just rised 90%

Most of us buy at 300-1000% higher prices,
and we are tired of waiting for ZC in ANC.

Developers are not active any more like they were in past,
but that is ok for me. They doing what they know, and work on Anoncoin behind the scene.

Community must fight for their coin.

When/If they make implantation of zero, you will read many new posts and support.

Gnos1s have 5 days for reward of 5k$,

what do you think?

We are all winners in that case.  I can't wait to see.. Smiley
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत

Raised what for?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I think you got it wrong with subsidy.

Code:
int64 nSubsidy = 5 * COIN;
    // Some adjustments to the start of the lifetime to Anoncoin
    if (nHeight < 42000) {
        nSubsidy = 4.2 * COIN;
    } else if (nHeight < 77777) { // All luck is seven ;)
        nSubsidy = 7 * COIN;
    } else if (nHeight == 77778) {
        nSubsidy = 10 * COIN;
    } else {
        nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 306600); // Anoncoin: 306600 blocks in ~2 years

static const int64 BlocksTargetSpacing = 3 * 60; // 3 minutes

Block time was initially 3.42 min but now it is 3 min.

Hence, halving is at block 306600 (I dont think we have to add 77777, but I may be wrong). The chain is at block 187256 hence it remains 119344 blocks. A block is 3 min, 358032 min for 119344 blocks or 5967 h or 248 days.

This give 28 january 2015 as the date for reward halving to occur.

In exchanges you can add bleutrade.com

Also you can say the developpers are implementing Zerocoin (zerocoin.org) in a trustless manner. The zero-knowledge proofs combined with I2P will make it the most useful coin for anonymity in the near future.

Activity: 196
Merit: 104
Here is the first 3 page section draft for Anoncoin.  Please say if anything is incorrect or missing.  Any major historical events the community can put forward are highly welcome.  Here are the pages:

Any donations to the future summer publication of this book are welcome - ANVLEZMHZYZRtS9mT4WNxunwLN7xi89imD

Thank you

Looks pretty good although you mention the word darknet a lot and there is also a typo where it says "coins are mixed from may different wallet.." on that last page.

Also looks like ANC is doing really well today ^_^
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Here is the first 3 page section draft for Anoncoin.  Please say if anything is incorrect or missing.  Any major historical events the community can put forward are highly welcome.  Here are the pages:

Any donations to the future summer publication of this book are welcome - ANVLEZMHZYZRtS9mT4WNxunwLN7xi89imD

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Anoncoin finally has a real-time exchange. Time to say the laggy craptsy goodbye!

Check it out https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ANC/BTC Smiley

It would be good if some ppl could help bootstrap it.
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Is it easy to setup another blockchain explorer for anoncoin? I'm having issues finding a working one. Could I maybe throw a couple coins some way to help with hosting? I'm still hashing it out with Cryptsy and it would be nice to track TXids a bit easier to my wallet. I love them, don't get me wrong, and they usually fix stuff eventually... just... yeahhhhhh. Is 6/1 looking likely? 
use this http://api.altexplorer.net/chains
Guys dont forget http://ancblockchain.com
For info, here are the links to the zerocash project and paper. Have't yet had time to read them yet

http://zerocash-project.org/

http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf

Hi gnos1s,

After skimming the Zerocash paper, I wonder if you could clear up a few points for us:

First, in your opinion, will it be possible to use zk-SNARKs to reduce the size of the zerocoin proof? The authors are not too clear on this point.

Second, will it be possible to choose the initial setup parameters for zerocash without relying on trusted third parties, such as with RSA-UFOs?

Finally, it is my understanding that the total amount encoded into zerocash can not be calculated, as the amount is hidden in the zerocash coin commitment. Would it be possible to create new coins (or perhaps double spend) without getting caught if the initial setup parameters were known? Or would this just let the person steal existing zerocash coins?

In my opinion, we need to do a very good job at explaining to the community the strengths and weaknesses of Zerocoin and Zerocash. If zerocash is released (which seems very likely), there is likely to be a mad dash to ditch zerocoin/anoncoin for zerocash. Many people are already referring to zerocash as "v2", with the implication that v2 is better than, and makes obsolete, v1....

Answered on reddit: https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/25z2fw/differences_between_zerocoin_and_zerocash/chnxw39

when will zerocoin be implemented in anoncoin?

If I tell you, then you'll buy now and sell at the first price increase.
We need you to buying at high prices!
Wink
legendary
Activity: 1182
For info, here are the links to the zerocash project and paper. Have't yet had time to read them yet

http://zerocash-project.org/

http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf

Hi gnos1s,

After skimming the Zerocash paper, I wonder if you could clear up a few points for us:

First, in your opinion, will it be possible to use zk-SNARKs to reduce the size of the zerocoin proof? The authors are not too clear on this point.

Second, will it be possible to choose the initial setup parameters for zerocash without relying on trusted third parties, such as with RSA-UFOs?

Finally, it is my understanding that the total amount encoded into zerocash can not be calculated, as the amount is hidden in the zerocash coin commitment. Would it be possible to create new coins (or perhaps double spend) without getting caught if the initial setup parameters were known? Or would this just let the person steal existing zerocash coins?

In my opinion, we need to do a very good job at explaining to the community the strengths and weaknesses of Zerocoin and Zerocash. If zerocash is released (which seems very likely), there is likely to be a mad dash to ditch zerocoin/anoncoin for zerocash. Many people are already referring to zerocash as "v2", with the implication that v2 is better than, and makes obsolete, v1....

Answered on reddit: https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/25z2fw/differences_between_zerocoin_and_zerocash/chnxw39

when will zerocoin be implemented in anoncoin?
Jump to: