Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 47. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 508
screenshot:

This looks great! Will multi sig be used or will the exchange have to be trusted by its users?
At this moment MutliSig is not implemented as it is not practical and really only good for buyer/seller/escrow type marketplaces. If a trader feels anxious about holding funds on the exchange the most secure option would be to hold them in a privately owned wallet on their computer and only deposit the minimum required for trading. One of the security features that is being implemented is call TimeVault. When a trader stores funds in a time vault the funds are sent to a secure cold storage wallet and the user received a Txid so they can monitor this cold wallet on the block chain themselves. All withdrawals from the TimeVault are delayed for ~ 7 days so if a hacked gained access to your account you would have 7 days to before they could steal your funds where you could freeze your account. Similarly funds in cold storage cannot be accessed if we get hacked.

Security is a priority and we have the following security measures among many others:

Database:
    Atomic Request based Transactions
    ACID complient   
Wallets:
   Store the majority of customer funds in a cold storage wallet
   Double check withdrawal submissitions for overdrawing
Authenication:
   Passwords are stored as salted hashes
   Secure session based authentication
Input:
   Regex to sanitize input strings
   Limit post and get requests to minimize Denial of Service attacks and prevent cracking account passwords and other malacious activity.
   Protect against Cross-site request forgery using csfr tokens
Operating Environment:
   Hosted on Gentoo Hardened OS
   SELinux
   GRsecurity
Activity: 150
Merit: 102
screenshot:

This looks great! Will multi sig be used or will the exchange have to be trusted by its users?
the problem with riecoin merged mining and primecoin as well continues to be the low hash rate of those coins. merging with a chain with hashrate that low is less secure. although at some point in the future imo moving in this direction is not a bad idea, now with interest in anon-coin diminished it is not a good idea.

I remember reading that the devs were considering implementing the Primecoin hashing algo as one of the auxPoW hashing algo's in a myriad of chains.  Why not implement the Riecoin algo instead or as well of as one of the three chains minimum that are needed to run a myriad properly.

How is Riecoin different from Primecoin?

Primecoin uses the Fermat primality test, which has some flaws. Carmichael numbers are not prime and still pass Fermat's test for all bases, however those are relatively rare. Secondly, in general, if Fermat's test says a number is prime, it has at least a 50% probability of being prime. Primecoin uses only one Fermat test with base 2. While base 2 may provide more confidence than the general bound of 50%, still many composites will pass as primes. What's worst, is that Euler-Lagrange-Lifchitz test used for the other primes in the chain assumes the previous number in the chain is prime. So if the chain starts with a number that is not prime, then the Euler-Lagrange-Lifchitz test is not guaranteed to work, and all numbers in the chain may be composite.
Short version: Primecoin numbers are not guarranteed to be prime, they may be Fermat pseudoprimes to the base 2. There is an infinite list of Fermat pseudoprimes to the base 2 (oeis.org/A001567). Riecoin uses enough Rabin-Miller tests with random bases, so the probability of a number that is not prime being accepted by the majority of the Riecoin network is negligible.

We propose the n/s "range explored (numbers) per second" metric instead of pps (primes per second) or shorter-chains per second. This is the quantity of numbers tested (whether by sieve of explicit primality test) and discarded as not constituting a valid PoW per second. While it is still difficult to compare this number for different difficulties, it is a much better metric: it can be used to meaningfully compare different algorithms, hardware speed, etc as long as you have the same diff. More n/s always means more blocks. For example a mining rig would be advertised as having X n/s@minimum diff. Something similar like "multipliers per second" might be possible for Primecoin, but it wouldn't scale as well when difficulty grows. In Primecoin, PPS is "just for fun" and shorter chains per second may not be accurate to compare the performance of algorithms for full-length chains per second.

Assuming the Riemann Hypothesis and the Hardy-Littlewood k-tuple conjectures are true, by using Hardy-Littlewood constants a miner can estimate the average time before a block is found, allowing profit calculations and to estimate the computing power of the network.

In Primecoin there is no practical way of estimating the time before finding a block, moreover difficulty 10.1 is easier than 9.9 making it impossible to estimate how secure the network is.

A centralized checkpoint system is implemented inside Primecoin. While it is disabled by default, if FUD about attacks start to spread, I believe some people will panic and enable it. A centralized checkpoint allows its controllers to perform double spends without any need for any % of hash rate. Can we be sure it will not be hacked and/or abused?

Riecoin is capped to a fixed amount of coins (84M), but Primecoin has no limit. While it is arguable, we believe our deflationary model - similar to Bitcoin's - is better.

1min block speed would bloat the blockchain and create more orphans, stales. We have 2.5min which was tested for years in LTC. I don't know of any 1min coin that has years of testing. I think it's not true that 1min is fast enough for waiting in a line when you buy a coffee: with blocks targeted each minute, you have a 1 in 150 chance of having to wait more than 5 minutes for a block, this would still be unacceptable for some coffee stores. Also, with 2.5 each block requires more work, meaning we will have larger prime numbers sooner.
screenshot:

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
I remember reading that the devs were considering implementing the Primecoin hashing algo as one of the auxPoW hashing algo's in a myriad of chains.  Why not implement the Riecoin algo instead or as well of as one of the three chains minimum that are needed to run a myriad properly.

How is Riecoin different from Primecoin?

Primecoin uses the Fermat primality test, which has some flaws. Carmichael numbers are not prime and still pass Fermat's test for all bases, however those are relatively rare. Secondly, in general, if Fermat's test says a number is prime, it has at least a 50% probability of being prime. Primecoin uses only one Fermat test with base 2. While base 2 may provide more confidence than the general bound of 50%, still many composites will pass as primes. What's worst, is that Euler-Lagrange-Lifchitz test used for the other primes in the chain assumes the previous number in the chain is prime. So if the chain starts with a number that is not prime, then the Euler-Lagrange-Lifchitz test is not guaranteed to work, and all numbers in the chain may be composite.
Short version: Primecoin numbers are not guarranteed to be prime, they may be Fermat pseudoprimes to the base 2. There is an infinite list of Fermat pseudoprimes to the base 2 (oeis.org/A001567). Riecoin uses enough Rabin-Miller tests with random bases, so the probability of a number that is not prime being accepted by the majority of the Riecoin network is negligible.

We propose the n/s "range explored (numbers) per second" metric instead of pps (primes per second) or shorter-chains per second. This is the quantity of numbers tested (whether by sieve of explicit primality test) and discarded as not constituting a valid PoW per second. While it is still difficult to compare this number for different difficulties, it is a much better metric: it can be used to meaningfully compare different algorithms, hardware speed, etc as long as you have the same diff. More n/s always means more blocks. For example a mining rig would be advertised as having X n/s@minimum diff. Something similar like "multipliers per second" might be possible for Primecoin, but it wouldn't scale as well when difficulty grows. In Primecoin, PPS is "just for fun" and shorter chains per second may not be accurate to compare the performance of algorithms for full-length chains per second.

Assuming the Riemann Hypothesis and the Hardy-Littlewood k-tuple conjectures are true, by using Hardy-Littlewood constants a miner can estimate the average time before a block is found, allowing profit calculations and to estimate the computing power of the network.

In Primecoin there is no practical way of estimating the time before finding a block, moreover difficulty 10.1 is easier than 9.9 making it impossible to estimate how secure the network is.

A centralized checkpoint system is implemented inside Primecoin. While it is disabled by default, if FUD about attacks start to spread, I believe some people will panic and enable it. A centralized checkpoint allows its controllers to perform double spends without any need for any % of hash rate. Can we be sure it will not be hacked and/or abused?

Riecoin is capped to a fixed amount of coins (84M), but Primecoin has no limit. While it is arguable, we believe our deflationary model - similar to Bitcoin's - is better.

1min block speed would bloat the blockchain and create more orphans, stales. We have 2.5min which was tested for years in LTC. I don't know of any 1min coin that has years of testing. I think it's not true that 1min is fast enough for waiting in a line when you buy a coffee: with blocks targeted each minute, you have a 1 in 150 chance of having to wait more than 5 minutes for a block, this would still be unacceptable for some coffee stores. Also, with 2.5 each block requires more work, meaning we will have larger prime numbers sooner.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
I've got a stuck withdrawal on crypsy since may the 29th, are we back to square 1 with wallet issues?

Did they give you a tx ID that you cannot see on the blockchain with any block explorer?

exactly that. wrote 3 email to support, still stuck

Im also waiting for my withdrawal from cryptsy.. Same problem.
I hope that they get it sorted out soon

Maybe send a PM to Mullick?

They do not seem very tech savvy at Cryptsy but I think they eventually respond to everyone. I am guessing all the errors on the exchange platform overwhelm customer service so it takes a while for tickets to get forwarded to the people who actually are capable of fixing things.
Code:
 ________   _______ _    _          _   _  _____ ______   _____ ___  _____  
|  ____\ \ / / ____| |  | |   /\   | \ | |/ ____|  ____| |_   _|__ \|  __ \
| |__   \ V / |    | |__| |  /  \  |  \| | |  __| |__      | |    ) | |__) |
|  __|   > <| |    |  __  | / /\ \ | . ` | | |_ |  __|     | |   / /|  ___/
| |____ / . \ |____| |  | |/ ____ \| |\  | |__| | |____ _ _| |_ / /_| |    
|______/_/ \_\_____|_|  |_/_/    \_\_| \_|\_____|______(_)_____|____|_|  Alpha

Fuck cryptsy. I am pleased to announce the upcoming june30 launch of the first ever darknet cryptocurrency exchange.

We are currently in late stages of bug testing. If anyone would like a preview pm me for the alpha launch server link. also follow the progress on irc2p in #exchange
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
When is the next Anoncoin block reduction and how often do they occur.  Also when will 90% of the coins be distributed and then 99%.  I couldn't seem to find this info on the Anoncoin wiki.  All the wiki says is the following -

What is the current block reward, and when will it halve?
The current block reward is 2.5 ANC. This is expected to halve to 2.5 ANC around November 2016.

If someone can give me a good explanation I'll try and add to the wiki.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I've got a stuck withdrawal on crypsy since may the 29th, are we back to square 1 with wallet issues?

Did they give you a tx ID that you cannot see on the blockchain with any block explorer?

they werent capable the last time, why should they now be able to handle it?
HzE
Activity: 161
Merit: 100

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

My GUESS is that they are still only using clearnet and only run their daemon sporadically.  Therefore it can sometimes take multiple days before transactions are broadcast to the network.

Activity: 556
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
My clearnet wallet has not been updating for the last 3 days and has been displaying the following:

Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

What to do?

P.S  I am a noob ....... so please go slow while explaining......

Thanks in advance...
you said it yourself, your only using clearnet!
use I2P.
windows build are old and lack the DNSSeed.

Thank you for your response.
You can also run Anoncoin through Tor. This will allow you to connect to additional Tor hidden servers that are not accessible from a normal clearnet connection. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_setup_Anoncoin_to_use_Tor
Activity: 481
Woking as a binman sucks.
lol " a coin without trolls is a coin in decline"  didn't marcus aurelius say that?
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
What's up with anonmining.com?? I had been mining there for a while and had about 5 ANC in my account that I hadn't withdrawn yet. Haven't checked to see if they paid out before disappearing, this is just them having forgotten to pay for their domain, or if they ran off with whatever was there?
For those of you who use Anoncoin with I2P

In our new client v0.9.6.1 (which is now being tested on our testnet), we have made some changes to how I2P peers are treated. In particular, your I2P address will only be advertised to others if you are using a static I2P address. Dynamic I2P addresses will still work fine, but they will not be shared across the anoncoin network, as they become obsolete as soon as you shut down your client.

So... if you use Anoncoin with I2P, can you please choose to use a static I2P address, as opposed to a dynamic one? This will help strengthen the network. With our old v0.8 clients, you just need to put

Code:
mydestination=xxxxx

in your anoncoin.conf file. For our newer developer builds, you can find instructions on what to do here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Sample_anoncoin.conf

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

It's a random walk ...

There is no system behind it, as seen the past week.

random walk theory is a fantasy, price movement follow certain rules of supply and demand. if it was random walk one day price for an asset would be a million dollars, next day zero and on day three a trillion it could be any price at any moment in time. But this is not the case. Just look at price chart and you will see more or less repetative patterns. The more liquid market the more pronounced is this phenomenon generally.

If you want to explain random walk theory then explain it right.

It's not entirely true that random walk means "one day price for an asset would be one million dollars, next day zero"
Random walk is much more than that.

We people want to believe that there is a pattern for prices, even in this sucky Alternative-Coin-Market. You can explain a price rise and you can explain a falling price... but it's just an explanation you believe is correct.

Well ok altcoin is not a liquid market. But generally speaking there is an entire industry that uses purely statistical models to beat the market, and some of them do it by far and consistently. They could not do this if the price action was random. How can they build winning algorithms under such conditions? Hope I did not misunderstand you.

It's a random walk ...

random walk theory is a fantasy, price movement follow certain rules of supply and demand. if it was random walk one day price for an asset would be a million dollars, next day zero and on day three a trillion it could be any price at any moment in time. But this is not the case. Just look at price chart and you will see more or less repetative patterns. The more liquid market the more pronounced is this phenomenon generally.

It's not entirely true that random walk means "one day price for an asset would be one million dollars, next day zero"

We people want to believe that there is a pattern for prices, even in this sucky Alternative-Coin-Market. You can explain a price rise and you can explain a falling price... but it's just an explanation you believe is correct.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RandomWalk1-Dimensional.html
Smiley
Activity: 298

It's a random walk ...

Pages:
Jump to: