Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 18. (Read 5805299 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 101
hi guys! sorry for being noob for this one, Im not too particular with the jargons so im going to ask it directly.
>Do I need other hardware? or just my laptop is good?
>Do i need to be good in programming to work this one?
>do i need to invest to work this?

I really aprreciate if someone answer this on details. Sorry again for being noob  Sad

1. Yes ideally you would use ASIC miners for Bitcoin or gaming GPUs for other alts.
2. You don't need to be a programmer but you need to know how to install things on your PC and how to run software via command line.
3. Unless you have ASIC miners or GPUs already yes you will have to spend some money to get yourself some mining hardware.
Activity: 272
Merit: 100
hi guys! sorry for being noob for this one, Im not too particular with the jargons so im going to ask it directly.
>Do I need other hardware? or just my laptop is good?
>Do i need to be good in programming to work this one?
>do i need to invest to work this?

I really aprreciate if someone answer this on details. Sorry again for being noob  Sad
Activity: 775
Merit: 500
I'm trying to build on BSD but I'm getting the following error:

Code:
cc  -O2 -pipe  -Wall -march=native -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing   -fstack-protector -o cgminer cgminer-cgminer.o cgminer-util.o  cgminer-sha2.o cgminer-api.o  cgminer-logging.o cgminer-klist.o  cgminer-noncedup.o  cgminer-usbutils.o                                   cgminer-driver-bitmain.o     -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl  -ljansson  -lpthread     -lusb     -lm lib/libgnu.a ccan/libccan.a  -lncurses -lpthread
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x468): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_auto'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x4a0): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_overheat'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x4c8): undefined reference to `set_bitmain_fan'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x548): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_hwerror'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x5b8): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_temp'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x5f0): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_workdelay'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x660): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_beeper'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x698): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_checkall'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x6d0): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_checkn2diff'
cgminer-cgminer.o:(.data+0x708): undefined reference to `opt_bitmain_tempoverctrl'
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
thanks for the software, its a bit complicated tho for me xD
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
It appears that with v4.10.0, cgminer no longer runs on WinXP machines, is this correct?  I realize that XP is old and outdated and not supported by most stuff any more, but I just wanted to be sure, thanks.
legendary
This is in relation to version 4.9.2

Does version support gridseed 80 chips blades miner?
I see nothing on readme!
That hardware support scrypt

I hope that version support scrypt and that miner hardware!

I need know the following setting in command line:
1) enable scrypt
2) auto detect gridseed 80 chips blades and as well other related settings I need providing
3) Pool information

Will be great receiving code containing the above!

If latest version support the above let  me know as well!

like he said CGMINER in it present state only does SHA256 coins with no support offered for ALt coins or any kind of Script coins beyond your version but you can mine SHa256 alt coins with CGMNIER even this version with out issue i do it all the time, but I use it mostly to mine BTC ,,  I'm being nice SO, don't ask for support here for alt coins, you more then likely won't get any support for any kind of alt coins here and told you won't in worse words then mine .  just a heads up before you try to push the Issue ....
legendary
16.10 Ubuntu only ?  i have it running on a RPI 3 controlling my A6 using Minera as the GUI on ubuntu 16.4.02. Smiley .... and can use it  with any of my PI types that run Ubuntu 16.4 with minera 7.0 not the beta version but can use it with the Minera beta version and have ..sense it came out in Jan Smiley ...CGMINER 4.10.0
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
CGMiner is for Bitcoin only.  It doesn't support altcoins.  Although some use it to mine sha256 altcoins, it's still not supported.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
This is in relation to version 4.9.2

Does version support gridseed 80 chips blades miner?
I see nothing on readme!
That hardware support scrypt

I hope that version support scrypt and that miner hardware!

I need know the following setting in command line:
1) enable scrypt
2) auto detect gridseed 80 chips blades and as well other related settings I need providing
3) Pool information

Will be great receiving code containing the above!

If latest version support the above let  me know as well!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065
Is there a way to use CGMiner on a ZedBoard with Zynq FPGA+ARM?
I have the hardware and really want to start mining.
can you give me a hint where to start?
The introductory project and code is in the official Xilinx marketing materials "Xcell journal" from 3rd quarter of 2013.

http://www.xilinx.com/publications/archives/xcell/Xcell84.pdf

Obviously, this was over 3 years ago, it is now competitively obsolete. But it is a good educational starting point for porting the modern mining code.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/efficient-bitcoin-miner-system-implemented-on-zynq-soc-262195
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
No. You'd have to write your own driver for it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I have the hardware and really want to start mining.
can you give me a hint where to start?
legendary
Activity: 2459
Merit: 1477
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
I'm currently having an issue with Ubuntu and the latest version of CGminer. I'm attempting to compile it and got the error to install libusb-1.0. So I installed libusb-1.0

Code:
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  libusb-0.1-4:a 2:0.1.12-28  amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0:a 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0-d 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0-d 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-doc 2:1.0.20-1   all          documentation for userspace USB p
un  libusb-dev                 (no description available)
un  libusbmuxd-too             (no description available)
ii  libusbmuxd4:am 1.0.10-2ubun amd64        USB multiplexor daemon for iPhone

So I tried compiling again but got the same error:

Code:
checking for LIBUSB... no
configure: error: Could not find usb library - please install libusb-1.0

Anyone have an idea?

libudev-dev is missing as far as I can see..
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
I'm currently having an issue with Ubuntu and the latest version of CGminer. I'm attempting to compile it and got the error to install libusb-1.0. So I installed libusb-1.0

Code:
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  libusb-0.1-4:a 2:0.1.12-28  amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0:a 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0-d 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0-d 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-doc 2:1.0.20-1   all          documentation for userspace USB p
un  libusb-dev                   (no description available)
un  libusbmuxd-too               (no description available)
ii  libusbmuxd4:am 1.0.10-2ubun amd64        USB multiplexor daemon for iPhone

So I tried compiling again but got the same error:

Code:
checking for LIBUSB... no
configure: error: Could not find usb library - please install libusb-1.0

Anyone have an idea?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Total noob question. How does one update Cgminer in an Antminer S5?
IMs appreciated, Im still learning so dont bash me too bad.
The cgminer in an antminer S5 is usually precompiled in firmware provided by bitmain and is based on an old forked version of cgminer. It is not supported by the official cgminer version and would be far from trivial to be supported and build a binary for the embedded controller of the S5. In short you cannot build the latest cgminer for S5. I built a temporary binary for the S5 a while ago which you can copy to the S5 here:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s5/
But it does not stay on the device across reboots and is based on 4.9.0 code. If you are not having trouble with your S5 there is little to gain by updating the software anyway, accepting the shortcomings of the forked older version from bitmain. Except in the case of mining on p2pool (which I recommend against with any antminer because of their code problems), most of the issues with their version of cgminer are not showstoppers.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Total noob question. How does one update Cgminer in an Antminer S5?
IMs appreciated, Im still learning so dont bash me too bad.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
on my windows setup the 4.10.0 keeps testing the pool and testing and testing Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Ok, with cgminer-4.9.2, my AU3 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016CWBYJK/) gets 12.5Gh/s over several days.  With cgminer-4.10.0, it gets 8.5Gh/s over several days.  The older USB miners all get the same on both versions.  Both versions have all generic USB drivers enabled.  I get the same results on both my 256M arm controller and an x86_64 desktop running Fedora 25.  On the arm controller, both versions crash with "echo -n summary | nc 127.0.0.1 4028".  I'm also getting a lot more accepted hashes with 4.9.2 - several times more, which the modest increase in total hashing power doesn't explain.  

Conclusion: There may be a (subtle and hard to debug) problem with 4.10.0.  :-(

Subtle or otherwise, if you do a git bisect to find the point of slowdown between 4.9.2 and 4.10.0 you should be able to find it what commit is responsible.

If you're getting a crash on any platform, if you build a debug version (with CFLAGS -g only) and then run it in gdb you should be able to get a backtrace to find the crash debug. But if you're out of ram/resources, there's not much I can suggest.

Also please don't post 3 consecutive posts for the same issue. Edit your last post or create a new post, deleting your old one.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Just downloaded 4.10 for windows

Have an RX 480
Cgminer is bitcoin mining software for ASIC mining hardware, not GPUs.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Just downloaded 4.10 for windows

Have an RX 480, figured since I was working away and have solar panels etc, I'd set my RX doing some work.  Not looking to overclock, just some default settings.

However whenever I try to run cgminer, it runs, enter URL U/P etc and nothing happens - ok not setup to use my GPU, so I go to settings and write and press enter for default settings and it crashes.

It's done it repeatedly - can't get past it.

Been looking for some sort of default config file, but not sure what I should be putting in the for the 8GB RX 480 - I'm assuming core is 1266 and mem is 677? (been told 1/3 of total memory is safe?)

Regardless, nothing happens at all.  Perhaps it's a permissions issue?

Running windows 10 - any help appreciated![/s]
Pages:
Jump to: