Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 492. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
C4n10, is long polling working properly? This looks like LP issue.

Not sure... I have two other miners that are cpu miners running different software and their stale rates are about 1.2% so I'm pretty sure it's not the pool if that's what you are asking...
CPU mining is not only most likely the cause but also a complete waste of time.
As per the README, it's not supported.

I never said the miner in question was a cpu miner.

And yes, I know cpu's are pointless for BTC mining. That's why my cpu miners are mining litecoins right now. The one using cgminer, (the one I am having a problem with and the focus of this thread) is a gpu miner.
Then you need to provide a lot more information than 'I get high stales' ...........

Compare mining on 2 different pools.

What does the screen show during an LP?

Provide some actual numbers and the pool name from the cgminer screen.

GPU? OS? Cgminer version?

Is it P2Pool so you may as well expect high rejects?

Did you turn on --no-submit-stale?
(You don't get stales unless you do that - you get rejects - and rarely should you ever turn that on)

I don't really think I need to compare my mining on two different pools to know that a 10% - 12% stale ratio is high...

I also don't see why the pool name is relevant being that my cpu miners in the exact same pool have a stale rate of less than 1.5% but if you insist, I am on OzCoin.

During an LP the screen shows what it is supposed to show, it tells me when the long polling has detected a new block, it tells me when a share has been accepted or when a share has been rejected.

What numbers would you like me to provide you other than the ratio of stales I am getting? Are there other numbers which would be relevant to the number of stales I am getting?

GPU - Geforce gt 520 (yes, I am aware that it is a piece of crap in relation to mining)
OS - Windows 7 64-bit
cgminer version - 2.7.5

I am not using the --no-submit-stale flag (i'm not using ANY flags actually) and yes, I AM getting stales as opposed to rejects. cgminer specifically says that they are stales ("prevhash submitted" or something along those lines).
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Not sure... I have two other miners that are cpu miners running different software and their stale rates are about 1.2% so I'm pretty sure it's not the pool if that's what you are asking...

And yes, I know cpu's are pointless for BTC mining. That's why my cpu miners are mining litecoins right now. The one using cgminer, (the one I am having a problem with and the focus of this thread) is a gpu miner.
Then you need to provide a lot more information than 'I get high stales' ...........

Compare mining on 2 different pools.

What does the screen show during an LP?

Provide some actual numbers and the pool name from the cgminer screen.

GPU? OS? Cgminer version?

Is it P2Pool so you may as well expect high rejects?

Did you turn on --no-submit-stale?
(You don't get stales unless you do that - you get rejects - and rarely should you ever turn that on)

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Can somebody give me some tips on reducing stales in my cgminer? I'm seeing about 8% - 12% stales...
Activity: 467

Because I don't see a link anywhere, cgminer 2.7.5 compiled under raspbian, tar'd up entire source directory (14 meg):

http://www.filedropper.com/cgminer275raspbian

(if someone can tell me the minimum required files, I can pick them out of the source tree and make a new download available)

compiled with the following options:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgminer 2.7.5
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: ncurses
  OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
  scrypt...............: Disabled (needs OpenCL)
  ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED

BitForce.FPGAs.......: Enabled
  Icarus.FPGAs.........: Enabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Enabled
  Ztex.FPGAs...........: Enabled
  libudev.detection....: yes

CPU Mining...........: Enabled
  ASM.(for CPU mining).: true

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................:  -lcurl   compat/jansson/libjansson.a -lpthread     -lm -ludev -lusb-1.0

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local

I don't have any USB FPGA miners attached to my PI at the moment, but it's mining been CPU mining at 118K/hash for the last hour.

Feedback/PM welcomed.

Activity: 591
Merit: 500
Hi,

I am trying to install cgminer 2.7.5 on Ubuntu 12.04 to run a new BFL single, but can not get cgminer to find the BFL single. I followed the standard instructions and did:

$ CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure
$ make

If I then run this, I get:
$ ./cgminer -o [pool] -u username -p pw
All devices disabled, cannot mine!

If I try to force cgminer to scan for the device, I get the following error:
$ ./cgminer -o [pool] -u username -p pw --scan-serial
[2012-09-20 22:08:55] ./cgminer --scan-serial: unrecognized option

There must be something basic I am doing wrong, but have spent a few hours and can not figure it out.

BTW, the single is plugged in fine, running
$ lsusb
returns
"Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC"
So, I assume it is not a connection issue...

Any help or pointers would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Change this
Code:
to this.
Code:
$ CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --enable-bitforce

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000
Hi,

I am trying to install cgminer 2.7.5 on Ubuntu 12.04 to run a new BFL single, but can not get cgminer to find the BFL single. I followed the standard instructions and did:

$ make

If I then run this, I get:
$ ./cgminer -o [pool] -u username -p pw
All devices disabled, cannot mine!

If I try to force cgminer to scan for the device, I get the following error:
$ ./cgminer -o [pool] -u username -p pw --scan-serial
[2012-09-20 22:08:55] ./cgminer --scan-serial: unrecognized option

There must be something basic I am doing wrong, but have spent a few hours and can not figure it out.

BTW, the single is plugged in fine, running
$ lsusb
returns
"Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC"
So, I assume it is not a connection issue...

Any help or pointers would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Activity: 322
Since you went to the effort of really trying hard and providing lots of info, I will try my best to decipher what your problem may be. Fortunately it's a little bit more than "dunno" but not certain.
...snip...
You'll see that GPU1 never actually gets going. There's a good chance the code just gets stuck waiting for this device to respond and it never happens, and meanwhile the rest is already underway with GPU0.

I doubt a driver update will do anything for you, but I suggest you try mining with just GPU0 by adding something like
Code:
-D 0 --remove-disabled
and see if that gets it going. There's a good chance that GPU1 will be so bad at scrypt mining even if you do get it working that it's not worth it.

Thanks for your time, and input. I have fixed the "missing header" issue by upgrading/installing.  I did the easyone first, that didn't "fix" it... I installed something called AMD APP SDK v2.7  

Manual reboot (cuz i wanted to) and nothing fixed.

Then I did what I was afraid to do, I upgraded Catalyst.  I was able to find version 12.6 and installed it w/o incident.  I didn't even reboot, and cgMiner 2.6.4 (and 2.7.5) shows me the header/menu!!

Once again, I thank Kano & ckolivas for their time and troubles. I was just afraid to upgrade Catalyst and if I ultimately gave up on LTC, and wanted to mine BTC, that 12.6 was going to be a bitch to take off/downgrade. (cuz I had to do that late last year)

Incidentally, you may have missed it on my previous post, but I was manually disabling GPU 1 with --device 0 in the batch file.

But just for shits & giggles, I added that switch, and GPU 1 is not shown in the header, but when I go to change settings, it still asks me which GPU I want to make changes on, so I'll just let it "show" me the disabled card. cheers.

My next challenge, tweaking the hashrates!!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi,

I just want to report that it seems cgminer 2.7.4 and cgminer 2.7.5 have an odd bug when used for GPU mining Litecoin with BAMT 0.5c. You cannot get more than 5-10 khash whatever the GPU is and whatever the settings are.

I've used the 2.6.1 version of cgminer, and everything went fine.

BAMT has no support for later versions of cgminer and they've officially dropped support for it I believe in the next version.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Okay, I spent all night reading the other thread that started the bounty to get ckolivas working on scrypt support for cgminer. I also read the cgminer readme twice. I learned a lot of stuff, and do not know what the problem could be yet.  
Code:
 [2012-09-20 09:24:55] CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.1 AMD-APP (831.4)
 [2012-09-20 09:24:55] Platform 0 devices: 2
 [2012-09-20 09:24:55] 0 Barts
 [2012-09-20 09:24:55] 1 ATI RV730
 [2012-09-20 09:24:55] GPU 0 iAdapterIndex 0 strUDID PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_673E&SUBSYS_174B174B&REV_00_4&7E682FB&0&0010A iBusNumber 1 iDeviceNumber 0 iFunctionNumber 0 iVendorID 1002 strAdapterName  AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
 [2012-09-20 09:24:55] GPU 1 iAdapterIndex 3 strUDID PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_9498&SUBSYS_22691787&REV_00_4&2B0E28C7&0&0020A iBusNumber 2 iDeviceNumber 0 iFunctionNumber 0 iVendorID 1002 strAdapterName  ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

[2012-09-20 09:25:18] GPU0                | (5s):0.0 (avg):153.3 Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 U:0.0/m I:12
 [2012-09-20 09:25:18] GPU1                | (5s):0.0 (avg):0.0 Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 U:0.0/m I:12
Shutdown signal received.

There is no cgminer.conf file.

I don't know what other info to provide.

I know I can upgrade the Catalyst to 12.8 but not sure if it doesn't work out, how to get back to 11.12 (which I know works for BTC mining).
But how do I know what SDK I have? What are curses?

To recap my problem... cgMiner is running Solo mining, but from a different computer on the same home network, but it does not "show" the header, and does not update the window. However it DOES hash as confirmed with the pool I try it with by itself.

ckolivas, titiez, if you can read this, what is going on? I would like your input, even if it's "I dunno". Thanks.

Since you went to the effort of really trying hard and providing lots of info, I will try my best to decipher what your problem may be. Fortunately it's a little bit more than "dunno" but not certain.

AMD/ATI in their usual wisdom decided that their SDK version number would tell you nothing about what fucking version it actually is. They did the same with the driver and the SDK

You have
Code:
CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.1 AMD-APP (831.4)
Which from memory is the pre-release of SDK 2.6 that came with the december 2011 driver (11.12). 2.6 SDK is the minimum required to do scrypt mining.

"curses" is the software component that gives you the running menu and "header" as you called it, and it's never getting to that stage.

The one thing about your setup that may be the cause of your problem is this:
Code:
1	ATI RV730
I have a suspicion that the scrypt kernel may not even run on that particular hardware in any form with the settings you are choosing.

This is what makes me suspicious:
Code:
 [2012-09-20 09:25:18] GPU0                | (5s):0.0 (avg):153.3 Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 U:0.0/m I:12
 [2012-09-20 09:25:18] GPU1                | (5s):0.0 (avg):0.0 Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 U:0.0/m I:12

You'll see that GPU1 never actually gets going. There's a good chance the code just gets stuck waiting for this device to respond and it never happens, and meanwhile the rest is already underway with GPU0.

I doubt a driver update will do anything for you, but I suggest you try mining with just GPU0 by adding something like
Code:
-d 0 --remove-disabled
(edited was -D 0 but meant to be -d 0)
and see if that gets it going. There's a good chance that GPU1 will be so bad at scrypt mining even if you do get it working that it's not worth it.
Activity: 632
Merit: 500
Hi,

I just want to report that it seems cgminer 2.7.4 and cgminer 2.7.5 have an odd bug when used for GPU mining Litecoin with BAMT 0.5c. You cannot get more than 5-10 khash whatever the GPU is and whatever the settings are.

I've used the 2.6.1 version of cgminer, and everything went fine.

Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
And on the eighth day, He created Luke-Jr...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

(about Luke-Jr)

His agenda is some sort of power/control of BTC (which has been going on for a long time) and he believes his religious ideals are reason for him to take control and make things only how he thinks they should be - his belief is that he is righteous.
I make this comment in all seriousness.

I have only been on these forums for a short while and interested in bitcoin only a while before that but I am starting to see that too based on his comments on different threads. Nothing is right unless sanctioned by him .. or should that be Him? Cheesy

amen...
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

(about Luke-Jr)

His agenda is some sort of power/control of BTC (which has been going on for a long time) and he believes his religious ideals are reason for him to take control and make things only how he thinks they should be - his belief is that he is righteous.
I make this comment in all seriousness.

I have only been on these forums for a short while and interested in bitcoin only a while before that but I am starting to see that too based on his comments on different threads. Nothing is right unless sanctioned by him .. or should that be Him? Cheesy
legendary
Other possibilities I can think of are:
1) Some problem with your curses library
2) Some default cgminer.conf file setting some unexpected setting
3) Different version of windows
Otherwise - no idea.

Thanks kano...

Okay, I spent all night reading the other thread that started the bounty to get ckolivas working on scrypt support for cgminer. I also read the cgminer readme twice. I learned a lot of stuff, and do not know what the problem could be yet.  

To recap my problem... cgMiner is running Solo mining, but from a different computer on the same home network, but it does not "show" the header, and does not update the window. However it DOES hash as confirmed with the pool I try it with by itself.

ckolivas, titiez, if you can read this, what is going on? I would like your input, even if it's "I dunno". Thanks.

So basically - it sounds like a combo of 1) and 3)
For some reason curses isn't working, and when you disable curses (-T) it works fine.
When curses is enabled (no -T) mining works fine but the screen doesn't display properly.
Pointing directly as some curses problem.

However, since it is mining, if you enable the API, any tool (including miner.php with cgminer) should work fine also.
legendary
Hello. I have two cars on my mining rig. How can I use them for different usernames or pools? For example 6850 on deepbit, 6950 on btcguild.
Run 2 cgminers - one for each card.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hello. I have two cars on my mining rig. How can I use them for different usernames or pools? For example 6850 on deepbit, 6950 on btcguild.
Jump to: