Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 628. (Read 5805546 times)

Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Anyone can now build Cgminer on Windows.

http://pastebin.com/3pzivj32

I spent a lot of time documenting and testing the documentation step by step on both Windows 7 and Windows XP. Shouldn't take more than 30 min to set up the build environment.

Thanks for taking the time to write this! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
I know it'll compile fine without CPU mining, but I want to do some testing with it enabled... I want to see how Anubis handles it. If it's more trouble to get it working than it's worth, I'll forget about supporting CPUs in Anubis.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The code looks OK, and digging into the Makefile, it's OK too. I can't work out why it doesn't work :/
If you remove the --enable-cpumining you added it will work fine in windows.
Yes even without the ".exe" showing in that line I'd know that is a windows CPU mining link error.
legendary
This is not OK.
The code looks OK, and digging into the Makefile, it's OK too. I can't work out why it doesn't work :/
legendary
I'm trying to compile cgminer for windows with CPU mining enabled, but I can't get it to link when I specify -msse2.
It seems that sha256_xmm.o isn't being included.
I'm getting the following error:

Code:
  CCLD   cgminer.exe
cgminer-sha256_sse2_i386.o:sha256_sse2_i386.c:(.text+0x155): undefined reference
 to `@CalcSha256_x86@12'
cgminer-sha256_sse2_i386.o:sha256_sse2_i386.c:(.text+0x16a): undefined reference
 to `@CalcSha256_x86@12'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

without -msse2 it compiles fine, but of course, without the SSE2 optimised code.

Any help to kick this into action???
Cheesy
You have to edit the code to fix that Smiley
CPU mining isn't supported.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Is there a way to set the OpenCL platform per card? Cgminer keeps crashing with a mixed 5xxx and 6xxx rig.

I'm not sure as to why it is crashing on you. I have a rig that has 3 5870's and 1 6970, and it runs just fine. Cgminer also automatically generates .bin's for each type of card (Caymen and Cypress).

Anyway, right out of the freaking manual (README)...

Q: I have multiple SDKs installed, can I choose which one it uses?
A: Run cgminer with the -n option and it will list all the platforms currently
installed. Then you can tell cgminer which platform to use with --gpu-platform.

--kernel|-k    Override kernel to use (diablo, poclbm, phatk or diakgcn) - one value or comma separated

I'm trying to use the 2.1 SDK for the 5xxx and 2.6 for the 6xxx. Everything works fine using the 2.6 sdk, but it obviously isnt efficient for the 5xxx series.
Phoenix 2.0 lets me use the setup I want, but it lacks lots of features.

I also tried making cgminer use bins compiled for 2.1 while using the 2.6 sdk but it just recompiles them again. The ideal would be making --gpu-platform a per device option, something like --gpu-platform 0,0,1

I am using 2.5 SDK for 3 5870's and 1 6970 (960/170 for all cards). I am getting 428 Mh/s on the 6970, and 442 Mh/s on the 5870's. Now if your 5xxx cards are not cypress then I guess you would want a lower version of the SDK. I let Cgminer create it's own .bin's (phatk).

You could use the -d option to force Cgminer to create a .bin for each type of card and then maybe use the -k option using comma's to specify more than one. I have never had to do any of that funky stuff so I really cannot help you with mixed SDK's.
legendary
This is not OK.
I'm trying to compile cgminer for windows with CPU mining enabled, but I can't get it to link when I specify -msse2.
It seems that sha256_xmm.o isn't being included.
I'm getting the following error:

Code:
  CCLD   cgminer.exe
cgminer-sha256_sse2_i386.o:sha256_sse2_i386.c:(.text+0x155): undefined reference
 to `@CalcSha256_x86@12'
cgminer-sha256_sse2_i386.o:sha256_sse2_i386.c:(.text+0x16a): undefined reference
 to `@CalcSha256_x86@12'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

without -msse2 it compiles fine, but of course, without the SSE2 optimised code.

Any help to kick this into action???
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Is there a way to set the OpenCL platform per card? Cgminer keeps crashing with a mixed 5xxx and 6xxx rig.

I'm not sure as to why it is crashing on you. I have a rig that has 3 5870's and 1 6970, and it runs just fine. Cgminer also automatically generates .bin's for each type of card (Caymen and Cypress).

--kernel|-k    Override kernel to use (diablo, poclbm, phatk or diakgcn) - one value or comma separated

I'm trying to use the 2.1 SDK for the 5xxx and 2.6 for the 6xxx. Everything works fine using the 2.6 sdk, but it obviously isnt efficient for the 5xxx series.
Phoenix 2.0 lets me use the setup I want, but it lacks lots of features.

I also tried making cgminer use bins compiled for 2.1 while using the 2.6 sdk but it just recompiles them again. The ideal would be making --gpu-platform a per device option, something like --gpu-platform 0,0,1
Cool. Let me know if you need any help making it build/work on Windows.

Thanks.

Anyone can now build Cgminer on Windows.

http://pastebin.com/3pzivj32

I spent a lot of time documenting and testing the documentation step by step on both Windows 7 and Windows XP. Shouldn't take more than 30 min to set up the build environment.

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
legendary
Is there a way to get an email notification when GPU goes into SICK or DEAD state?

If not, can the APIs be used to query stats from cgminer.  If possible, we could write cgminer-watchdog
to monitor the critical stats and notify you via email or sms.
That's what I'm writing at the moment ... ... but it will allow you to check many different things ...
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Yeah it doesn't supply numbers that can be calculated directly - that would be a waste.

It's Accepted / Getworks ( * 100)

However, remember that the number is not very useful - it is just how many shares you found per getwork.
RollNTime allows that to be up to 500% with cgminer.

And pools with higher difficulty shares (like p2pool) or frequent LP (like merge mining alt-chain with much lower difficulty) can have an efficiency that is much lower even when everything is optimal.  Really efficiency only matters as a pool op.  Deepbit collectively finds ~700 shares per second.  That is a lot of getworks.  Even a modest improvement in efficiency reduces load but even that is marginal because peak load will still happen at an LP even with 500% efficiency.

I think a stat like the following would be a more useful metric (and prevent continually obsession w/ efficiency):

Effectiveness = accepted / worked
Effectiveness = accepted / (accepted + rejected + stale share + hardware failure)

Having a high effectiveness (no it isn't a stat in cgminer) is more important than a high efficiency.
legendary
Yeah it doesn't supply numbers that can be calculated directly - that would be a waste.

It's Accepted / Getworks ( * 100)

However, remember that the number is not very useful - it is just how many shares you found per getwork.
RollNTime allows that to be up to 500% with cgminer.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
First off, this is going to sound extremely STUPID because I know neither how to code or the proper questions to ask.....lol

'Efficiency' (E)
Can this value be queried using RPC ? or does this value have to be calculated locally using 'Q' and 'A' (say, for a monitoring Script)....?

ie. I can retreive the ACCEPTED value per miner (A) value using ($value['Accepted'])......the REJECTED value per miner using ($value['Rejected'])

I have tried throwing in 'Efficiency' as a tag and can't seem to get a value per miner for it. A little help ?

Again, I apologize for soiling the sanctity of coding....and for being so stupid...lol
legendary
legendary
Kano & Conman,

I have my BFL single running on BAMT with cgminer but it would seem that the API call "devs" does not report back about the BFL single. Here is the output from the "devs" call.

So the devs call is missing all BFL info.

Yeah, cgminer is missing all FPGA related API stuff
Feel free to add to the bounty Cheesy Cheesy
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-35-btc-integrate-support-for-other-devices-in-the-cgminer-api-66699
legendary
This is not OK.
Kano & Conman,

I have my BFL single running on BAMT with cgminer but it would seem that the API call "devs" does not report back about the BFL single. Here is the output from the "devs" call.

Code:
     STATUS=S
    ,Code=9
    ,Msg=2 GPU(s)
    ,Description=cgminer 2.2.7
        |GPU=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=73.50,Fan Speed=2355,Fan Percent=48,GPU Clock=895,Memory Clock=1000,GPU Voltage=1.100,GPU Activity=99,Powertune=0,MHS av=364.64,MHS 5s=368.09,Accepted=81,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=4.87,Intensity=9,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1330436872
        |GPU=1,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=73.50,Fan Speed=1892,Fan Percent=42,GPU Clock=895,Memory Clock=1000,GPU Voltage=1.100,GPU Activity=99,Powertune=0,MHS av=363.33,MHS 5s=367.82,Accepted=73,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=4.38,Intensity=9,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1330436857

So the devs call is missing all BFL info.

Yeah, cgminer is missing all FPGA related API stuff
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Jump to: