Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] Cryptsy News **Ripple added 132 Ripple Markets now active** - page 11. (Read 26652 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Feeling charitable?  I lost close to 8.3 btc trading on Cryptsy.  17h9cugT8w2XkKPUuUCr74aDEbm8vNpbDB
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Can we see some photos of this 10th/s please?

Hmm I suppose you cannot just take our word for it eh. We don't do the mining, it's done through a 3rd party who currently wants not to be named (for various reasons I cannot get into). I can assure you its a very reputable mining operation.

Well, if it smells like a Ponzi and there's no proof it isn't...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
interesting move with these mining contracts
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John

Hmm I suppose you cannot just take our word for it eh. We don't do the mining, it's done through a 3rd party who currently wants not to be named (for various reasons I cannot get into). I can assure you its a very reputable mining operation.
Activity: 756
@Bit_John
Cryptsy now carries mining contracts.

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/139

Mining Contract 1 Description

Bitcoin Mining Contract #1
This is our first issuance of mining contracts for Bitcoin with a total hashing power of 10Th/s.

What is a mining contract?
For this offering, we have 10 Th/s of hashing power dedicated to mining bitcoin which is part of a much larger network of hashing power. This means more consistent payouts of blocks mined. Every day, users who own shares of this will receive 1/10000 of the payout for each share owned. Users can buy any number of shares available (each share represents 1 Gh/s of hashing power). These are lifetime shares, which mean they never expire.

How much do I get paid and when?
The 10Th/s total hashing power is part of a network of over 1 Ph/s. On a daily basis we calculate and distribute to users who have shares of this contract 1/10000 of the total contract payout to each of the shares. If you own 100 shares, then you will receive 1/100 of the total contract payout.

Can I sell my shares?
Yes, once the initial allocation of 10,000 shares are sold we will open the market to allow anybody to buy and sell their shares.

Mining Contract 1 Specifications

10 Th/s Total Mining Power
Lifetime Contract - Payouts on this contract never end
Available in increments of 1 Gh/s
Total Shares Available: 10,000
Initial Price: 0.0185 BTC Each
No Trade Fees Until Initial 10,000 Shares have been disbursed
Daily Mining Payouts Directly To Your Cryptsy Balance
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Is anyone else having problems getting on to cryptsy, haven't been able to get the page to load at home for 24 hours, no problem getting it to load from the office though? almost like my home ip address is blocked? any ideas?
Thanks

PM me your IP it is unlikely your being blocked but I can sure take a look. Might try clearing the cache on your computer as well.

thanks have pm'd you my ip
tried both firefox and chrome and clearing cache
still no luck getting the page to load this morning

EDIT: IE page not loading and flushed dns

problem solved, reset the ip, thanks anyway

Maybe you pissed off incapsula? All I can think of

I show no evidence we attempted to block you.

Glad to here you got it figured it out
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
I think you have a bug with COL volume calculation - take a look at the "Trade" page:

Code:
COL/LTC 	ColossusCoin 	0 BTC 	0.00000011 LTC 	0.00000008 LTC
COL/XPM ColossusCoin 0 BTC 0.00000134 XPM 0.00000109 XPM

So in the "Volume in BTC" column we see "0 BTC". But: if we will open COL/LTC market (https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/109), we'll see a lot of recent trades, some of them are quite large:

Code:
2014-03-14 12:57:18	Sell	0.00000008	300000000.00000000	24.00000000
2014-03-14 12:57:07 Sell 0.00000008 322534171.25836840 25.80273370
The real volume is at least (24.00000000+25.80273370)*0.02626721 ~ 1.3 BTC, if I'm calculating it right. Please look into it (I think the possible reason is that COL's price in BTC is less than 0.00000001).

Also, COL's "BTC Value" column at "Balances" page is always 0.00000000, I think it's manifestation of the same bug.

Another illustration (it's not only COL market):

All coins with current price which is less than 0.00000001 BTC (~ 0.00000035 LTC) have erroneous volume of 0 BTC.

This bug seems to be fixed now, real volumes are shown (and numbers in "BTC Value" column at "Balances" page are fixed too). Thanks, Cryptsy!
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Is anyone else having problems getting on to cryptsy, haven't been able to get the page to load at home for 24 hours, no problem getting it to load from the office though? almost like my home ip address is blocked? any ideas?
Thanks

PM me your IP it is unlikely your being blocked but I can sure take a look. Might try clearing the cache on your computer as well.

problem solved, reset the ip, thanks anyway
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
skipped over MRY in coin votes for nyan..  Roll Eyes

From
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

"Although most of our new coins will be informed by the feedback from our user polling process, we reserve the right to add new markets outside of this list from time to time."

Oh I'm well aware of that.. doesn't negate the "  Roll Eyes "
If you are aware then there is no reason to roll eyes. Huh, they are doing something that they said they would do occasionally, so I should make a stupid comment about it with a stupid emoticon.

Thanks

Activity: 518
Thanks

What browser do you run? Some times Firefox and Chrome can have issues with Cryptsy, I personally like Firefox. Try IE.

But is does sound like you need to flush you dns cache and clear the cache on your browser?
@Bit_John
Thanks

Thanks
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
that would be great as it is holding us back a bit from growing again. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1064
Nice job adding USD trading, I hope the transition goes smoothly; I also look forward to your fee shares going up.  Wink

Edit:
This better not be an elaborate April fools joke.  Roll Eyes

No april fools joke here Smiley We have been working hard on this for months

People are being urged on IRC to withdraw all coins due to massive exchange hacks and avoid situations like that on VirCurex

Do you have enough coins to cover a 'bank run' if everyone withdraws all their expensive coins in the next couple of days ?

Yes unlike banks we do NOT operate on fractional reserves. In most cases we have more funds then are allocated to users

I have reported this to support and they acknowledge it a repair is required. Not sure what they are doing about it though.

Ill sit down with Vern again and see what we can find there
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Nice job adding USD trading, I hope the transition goes smoothly; I also look forward to your fee shares going up.  Wink

Edit:
This better not be an elaborate April fools joke.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1526
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
BatCoin is the highest coin on the votes for a week now, when will it be added?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Than perhaps a few tickets to cryptsy should get the ball rolling??
Pages:
Jump to: