Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] Cryptsy News **Ripple added 132 Ripple Markets now active** - page 9. (Read 26650 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Mining Contracts 2 (MN2)

Bitcoin Mining Contract #2
This is our second issuance of mining contracts for Bitcoin with a total hashing power of 100Th/s.

What is a mining contract?
For this offering, we have 100 Th/s of hashing power dedicated to mining bitcoin which is part of a much larger network of hashing power. This means more consistent payouts of blocks mined. Every day, users who own shares of this will receive 1/10000 of the payout for each share owned. Users can buy any number of shares available (each share represents 10 Gh/s of hashing power). These are lifetime shares, which mean they never expire.

How much do I get paid and when?
The 100Th/s total hashing power is part of a network of over 3 Ph/s. On a daily basis we calculate and distribute to users who have shares of this contract 1/10000 of the total contract payout to each of the shares. If you own 100 shares, then you will receive 1/100 of the total contract payout. You must be holding shares at the time of disbursement to receive a payout.

Who is providing the mining?
Currently the provider has asked us not to disclose this information. You can be assured that we would not do business with anybody who is less than reputable.

What is a lifetime contract?
This means that it isn't a term agreement like 1 year. You could continue to hold these for multiple years. There will, however, come a time where Bitcoin difficulty has risen to a level where 100 Th/s is no longer producing very many dividends. We anticipate a full rate of return within 12 months or less with shares still having value at that point.

Mining Contract 2 Specifications

• 100 Th/s Total Mining Power
  • Lifetime Contract - Payouts on this contract never end
  • Available in increments of 10 Gh/s
  • Total Shares Available: 10,000
  • Initial Price: 0.180 BTC Each for first 24 hours of offering (04/22/2014 18:10:00 EST)
  • Price: 0.185 BTC Each for 24 - 48 hours from initial offering (If not all sold)
  • Price: 0.19 BTC Each after 48 hours of initial offering (If not all sold)
  • No Trade Fees Until Initial 10,000 Shares have been disbursed
  • Daily Mining Payouts Directly To Your Cryptsy Balance

Go to MN2/BTC Market https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/196
@Bit_John
added our subreddit to the main thread we will start updating there frequently as well

http://www.reddit.com/r/cryptsy/
@Bit_John
Great job best exchange!

Thanks! I invite everyone to utilize our social outlets we will host random contests on them from time to time.

Site: https://Cryptsy.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCryptsy
Google + : https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107784758603655102646/107784758603655102646 (We will be hosting a YouTube channel with how to's etc very soon)
Twitter: @cryptsy

You can also follow me on twitter @bit_john
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Great job best exchange!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Response to the issues yesterday
http://blog.cryptsy.com/

4/16/2014 Maintenance Post-Mortem
What the?  What happened?
So here is what we were doing last night and what happened:
All accounts use a ledger in our system.  User balances and audits depend on this ledger.   When the system was initially designed, we had one ledger for all currencies.
As we have grown, the one ledger was getting quite large and we started to see some performance issues.   About a month ago it was determined we would move to a per currency based ledger system, meaning for every currency in our system it would have it’s own ledger.
Yesterday we began to move to the new ledger system.  This move required modifications to our audit program to look at both the main ledger and currency ledger while we moved the data.   We were basically attempting to perform this change without having to take the site offline.
The modifications to the audit program did not work as expected as many of the data migrations took longer than anticipated.  This resulted in inaccurate user balances.
We initially turned off withdrawals and continued to attempt the live migration, however the balance issues where affecting trading.   It was then determined that we needed to shutdown trading while we finished the migration.
After the migration was completed, we ran a full system audit for every user to ensure accuracy of balances.   
We are now on the new ledger system and everything is working normally.
Paul Vernon
"BigVern"

you guys ALWAYS do that and it always winds up string up a lot of drama with crap loads of noobs flipping out..
is all the support tickets and bad PR / bad reputation your going to get worth trying to keep the site running for upgrades etc ?

i think most people will back me up when i say just make a simple little announcement ahead of time like a day or two ahead or what ever
that says, hey we gotta shut down for 8 hrs or something and when we come back we will have improvements made etc.

this has been suggested by me and other so many times before i couldn't count..
you guys REALLY make people mad with account drama combined with man power having to deal with tickets
i just don't see how you guys would think it's worth staying running during upgrades or maintenance etc..
just shut it down and do what ya gotta do guys ..trust me most of us all would understand and be a 1000x less pissed off Wink

not trying to be a jerk but just bring up a constructive criticism *again Wink
i can safely say you guys doing this has damaged your reputation.. worth it ?
@Bit_John
Cryptsy has added the following markets

WC/BTC
DMC/LTC
KARM/LTC

welcome!
@Bit_John
Response to the issues yesterday
http://blog.cryptsy.com/

4/16/2014 Maintenance Post-Mortem
What the?  What happened?
So here is what we were doing last night and what happened:
All accounts use a ledger in our system.  User balances and audits depend on this ledger.   When the system was initially designed, we had one ledger for all currencies.
As we have grown, the one ledger was getting quite large and we started to see some performance issues.   About a month ago it was determined we would move to a per currency based ledger system, meaning for every currency in our system it would have it’s own ledger.
Yesterday we began to move to the new ledger system.  This move required modifications to our audit program to look at both the main ledger and currency ledger while we moved the data.   We were basically attempting to perform this change without having to take the site offline.
The modifications to the audit program did not work as expected as many of the data migrations took longer than anticipated.  This resulted in inaccurate user balances.
We initially turned off withdrawals and continued to attempt the live migration, however the balance issues where affecting trading.   It was then determined that we needed to shutdown trading while we finished the migration.
After the migration was completed, we ran a full system audit for every user to ensure accuracy of balances.   
We are now on the new ledger system and everything is working normally.
Paul Vernon
"BigVern"
@Bit_John
once you've fixed todays issues maybe we can have an update as to what happened?

Well give you something official when trading resumes.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
once you've fixed todays issues maybe we can have an update as to what happened?
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

Ill get you fixed. PM'd you.

Pool Minor,  
Within the context of all notes spoken, it appeared to me that you were calling the new Cryptsy Facebook a scam.  
If this were not your intentions, then I sincerely apologize. We have removed the ban.

Cryptsy Jim

Thanks.  Smiley
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Pool Minor,  
Within the context of all notes spoken, it appeared to me that you were calling the new Cryptsy Facebook a scam.  
If this were not your intentions, then I sincerely apologize. We have removed the ban.

Cryptsy Jim
@Bit_John

Ill get you fixed. PM'd you.
@Bit_John
Cryptsy now carries Fluttercoin (FLT). Welcome Fluttercoin miners and traders!

Cryptsy now has BC/LTC market enjoy!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hi BitJohn,

Can you please add NoirShares (NRS) to the voting list?  Thanks.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Simple question:

what makes Cryptsy to decide not to put a new coin in the voting system?

We will add any coin requested but its a manual process at the moment. We will streamline it so they get on the list faster.

Pesetacoin has been asked at least 3 times, plus there is a big post in your forum about adding it, and never a reply was given.

It is on the voting list.

Thank you for adding it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Cryptsy Chat Box has returned enjoy!

Oh lord, here comes Sp*****k flaming again and others....LOL

When are the fiat markets coming online?

I have never flamed anyone before but i have been terrorized by a guy for one year who punches me in the face then runs for it
and then lies and says i hit him first then tries to rally everyone after me like i am so monster sitting around picking on people for no reason.

your comment is vicious and offensive and pure bs and that is way worse than even if i was trolling.
it's childish to go out of you way to attack someone.. was i here on this topic saying anything about you ?

what a surprise i have criticized coins for ages like a bunch of other people and some how that makes me a monster..
Big surprise.. people that make and support scam coins think i am a Troll
if that's the case there is lots more Wink

and i appreciate what BitJohn did (adding back chat) but honestly i won't get much use from it these days.. the bar has been lowered way too far in the Altcoin scene.
so no i don't want to talk to scam coin supporters.. you guys can circle jerk it with it me lol

The troll you should be worried about is iGotSpots..
after all he admitted to me when i asked why he has followed me around Trolling on me for almost a year and he said "because it's fun".
Real professional coin dev Troll there lol
he spent all his time trying to make me look bad on Chat and rallied people against me constantly through any means necessary and people bought what ever he sold..
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Cryptsy made good on MRY.  Comments withdrawn.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
for when we have PTC on cryptsy?
 Angry
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
LYC deposits have been down for days, any news?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Why has Cryptsy not issued a new ssl cert?
Pages:
Jump to: