Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 10. (Read 39166 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 37
What is the best process to tune an Apollo miner?

I have a more powerful PSU available and have reduced the noise to low enough to run 2 Apollos in the bedroom.

How do I find the maximum heat output and hashrate without drastically reducing the durability of the ASICs?

I can easily find the highest power setting that allows me to run the miner with an acceptable noise level, but how do I determine the best hashrate for that power level?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Yeah, there's a marketplace section, for a Miner it should be on Goods: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0 or inside there, in Computer Hardware: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Thanks for the guidance!
Activity: 952
Merit: 938
I am selling my FutureBit miners.  Is there an appropriate forum to post on this site?  --Thanks
Yeah, there's a marketplace section, for a Miner it should be on Goods: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0 or inside there, in Computer Hardware: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
Activity: 31
I am selling my FutureBit miners.  Is there an appropriate forum to post on this site?  --Thanks
Activity: 4
Anyone been able to min on lincoin? whenever I change the pool address the miner won't start. When I change it back to slushpool it works flawlessly.
 I tried it with and without stratum+tcp://

Thanks

PS. any news on the solo mining upgrade? ;-)
Activity: 2
Hello,
I've been running the BTC miner with full node for a while now, but since this week end the node randomly goes offline and does not reconnect.
Anyone having this issue? I need the node to stay online.
The miner is still mining but the node just goes offline

I have been having the exact same issue, which means it's not us but something wrong on futurebit's end. I wrote them and they never wrote back  Huh
Good luck trying to get support, its almost non existent, if not EXTINCT... 

Not sure where you are coming up with this, we respond to every email and im looking at our support que right now and there are only 10 outstanding tickets that will probably be answered in the next few hours (and we only have queues after weekends).

So if your definition of non existent support means not answering your immediate question within 10 minutes, then yes we have non existent support and will continue to have non existent support. Im not hiring random support agents from India and driving up costs of our units by 20% to satisfy this urge.

All our support emails are answered by my team that work on the units themselves (including myself) and can actually answer your question, but this means you might not have a response for a few days.

Now in terms of the nodes issues we are not seeing anything on our test systems, nor any widespread outages (my first thought was the ordinals/BRC-20 fiasco causing issues, but even with 1G mempool we have plenty of memory overhead).

Second issue could be if you have a recent system (bought after Nov/Dec last year), we switch to a new controller heatsink and some units were assembled without the heatsink adhesive properly installed. If your node/system is shutting down, or your your MCU temp (the one on the top menu bar) is higher than 85c then this could be the issue. You'll need to remove the side panel the MCU is on and remove the MCU and reseat the heatsink (press down on it hard for at least 10 seconds to make sure the thermal pad is stuck on there well).

Second step if your still having an issue is to reflash your SD card to make sure there is no corruption that could be causing system instability, if your still having node issues email us with two below logs:

take a screenshot of system monitor while the node is still active (preferably after it has started up and synced), you can open a terminal and type htop for this
send log file of bitcoind, its in the Bitcoin folder inside the node drive (debug.log)

So it appears the node goes offline only when I connect to it after a few minutes (via Sparrow Wallet). Can it be because it is overheating, connecting to the node actually makes it run hotter?!? I bought the unit couple years ago and I just cleaned it so it shouldn't overheat? The fan is on Auto as well.

No, unless sparrow wallet is doing something crazy when you connect to it. Can you email us your logs after this happens (logs are in node drive /Bitcoin folder).

Any updates on this? Having the same issue.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Activity: 9
Activity: 1
HI All,
Running apollo btc full node and 2 miners. Up and running for 2 weeks no issues.

I searched for my node on bitnodes and it was unreachable, even though i have steady 30-32 connections.
1) i restarted my router/modem and also the node - unreachable
2) I tried reaching when there were definately available connections - unreachable
3) I tried both my ipv4 and ipv6 ip address - unreachable

Any advice there appreaciated

Second issue/question
I turned on TOR, restarted the node, and after 24 hours i still have 0/32 connections
I know it says connections can take longer, but what is a reasonable time to start having connections?

I run the node simply to support the network. happily.  Ideally I would be able to reach it on bitnodes to monitor my rank.

Thank you for any advice!!
Hi,
I'm a new Apollo BTC standart unit user, which I control from RasPi. I learned how to start, and stop mining - everything is fine here. I only can't figure out how to safely turn off the standard unit, so it can be disconnected from power? I want to understand how to avoid incidents when I'd need to remove the miner from power.
The second topic is that the stop script which use python inline command, to from what understand, reset the hashboard, is failing while piping to /dev/ttyACM0:
termios.tcsendbreak(3, 0)
termios.error: (32, 'Broken pipe')

What can be the reasons?

Any help is welcomed Smiley Thanks, best regards!
legendary
One of my Apollo's has a problem and I want to figure out how to fix it or at least diagnose what is wrong.

I can temporarily get rid of the problem by unplugging the USB cable to the standard unit, then plug it in again and then restart the miner.

Then it will run for maybe half a day before becoming erratic again, as shown below:

It seems to me there is something wrong, either related to the USB ports (they are fickle and often don't work) or maybe related to total power requirements of the OrangePi not being met at times, so that either an extra USB plugged in, or the HDMi cable plugged in will kick it over the edge into malfunction.

This looks like an internet connectivity issue, if you're running on wifi can you try ethernet and see if it resolves?

Adding another device via USB wont increase power requirements for controller, standard units have internal USB power and only use data lines on USB cords. One usb port is les reliable than the rest on the device (keep forgetting which it is but think its one of the USB 3 ports), and a good way to avoid is to use a USB hub (trying to get this fixed in time for the next major upgrade to the OS)

HDMI does activate the GPU on the controller which does use a lot more power, also double check your heatsink on the controller is firmly attached and has not come loose.
One of my Apollo's has a problem and I want to figure out how to fix it or at least diagnose what is wrong.

I can temporarily get rid of the problem by unplugging the USB cable to the standard unit, then plug it in again and then restart the miner.

Then it will run for maybe half a day before becoming erratic again, as shown below:

It seems to me there is something wrong, either related to the USB ports (they are fickle and often don't work) or maybe related to total power requirements of the OrangePi not being met at times, so that either an extra USB plugged in, or the HDMi cable plugged in will kick it over the edge into malfunction.

I think the fault is in the OrangePi, because the Apollo still mines as it should when I connect it as a Standard unit.

It had been hashing and node-ing away happily until it suddenly stopped to send hashes to the pool, so I had a look.

Turning off the power and turning it back on did not lead to the usual unsupervised resumption of hashing and sharing operations.

Then, it started working again for no apparent reason and I did not post this, that was a few weeks ago.

But now it's playing up again, the connection to the pool is strangely intermittent, see image. Its a full node and a standard node.

The other issue is that the HDMI does not reliably connect to a monitor, and the resolution is all wrong and very grainy.

Another miner is running fine on the same pool and WiFi connection.
"So it appears the node goes offline only when I connect to it after a few minutes (via Sparrow Wallet). Can it be because it is overheating, connecting to the node actually makes it run hotter?!? I bought the unit couple years ago and I just cleaned it so it shouldn't overheat? The fan is on Auto as well."

You are not the only one, I am having the exact same issue. My node runs fine until I connect remotely to Sparrow, after which it randomly shut down in minutes or hours.

Same troubles for a while now. No luck fixing the issue but I also have verified that the node goes offline hours after connecting the latest release of Sparrow. Node stays up as long as it is not connected to my wallet. Was not happening before I updated Sparrow to the latest release.
Activity: 11
Merit: 3
"So it appears the node goes offline only when I connect to it after a few minutes (via Sparrow Wallet). Can it be because it is overheating, connecting to the node actually makes it run hotter?!? I bought the unit couple years ago and I just cleaned it so it shouldn't overheat? The fan is on Auto as well."

You are not the only one, I am having the exact same issue. My node runs fine until I connect remotely to Sparrow, after which it randomly shut down in minutes or hours.
legendary
Hello,
I've been running the BTC miner with full node for a while now, but since this week end the node randomly goes offline and does not reconnect.

I have been having the exact same issue, which means it's not us but something wrong on futurebit's end. I wrote them and they never wrote back  Huh

Not sure where you are coming up with this, we respond to every email and im looking at our support que right now and there are only 10 outstanding tickets that will probably be answered in the next few hours (and we only have queues after weekends).

So if your definition of non existent support means not answering your immediate question within 10 minutes, then yes we have non existent support and will continue to have non existent support. Im not hiring random support agents from India and driving up costs of our units by 20% to satisfy this urge.

All our support emails are answered by my team that work on the units themselves (including myself) and can actually answer your question, but this means you might not have a response for a few days.

Now in terms of the nodes issues we are not seeing anything on our test systems, nor any widespread outages (my first thought was the ordinals/BRC-20 fiasco causing issues, but even with 1G mempool we have plenty of memory overhead).

Second issue could be if you have a recent system (bought after Nov/Dec last year), we switch to a new controller heatsink and some units were assembled without the heatsink adhesive properly installed. If your node/system is shutting down, or your your MCU temp (the one on the top menu bar) is higher than 85c then this could be the issue. You'll need to remove the side panel the MCU is on and remove the MCU and reseat the heatsink (press down on it hard for at least 10 seconds to make sure the thermal pad is stuck on there well).

Second step if your still having an issue is to reflash your SD card to make sure there is no corruption that could be causing system instability, if your still having node issues email us with two below logs:

take a screenshot of system monitor while the node is still active (preferably after it has started up and synced), you can open a terminal and type htop for this
send log file of bitcoind, its in the Bitcoin folder inside the node drive (debug.log)

So it appears the node goes offline only when I connect to it after a few minutes (via Sparrow Wallet). Can it be because it is overheating, connecting to the node actually makes it run hotter?!? I bought the unit couple years ago and I just cleaned it so it shouldn't overheat? The fan is on Auto as well.

No, unless sparrow wallet is doing something crazy when you connect to it. Can you email us your logs after this happens (logs are in node drive /Bitcoin folder).
Activity: 3
Hello,

The only time I've had this issue is when the inlets/heatsinks were full of dust. Once cleaned all good.
Activity: 44
Hello,

Activity: 7
I can't reach one of my FutureBit Apollo FullNode with Ethernet LAN.
It does not appear in Portscanner. It was 2 weeks not in operation, before it worked fine.
The other two Fullnodes appear in Portscanner.
What is my problem?

https://abload.de/img/apollofuturebiti2d65.jpg

edits
- Reset of Router, no success
- Turn On/Off FullNode, no sucess

Activity: 9
I'm having two separate issues with my Apollo Node (Full + Standard) affecting its continued operation:
(1) The unit randomly stops working while maintaining power and the appearance of hashing activity.  The miners remain on with the fans running, but the unit does not "wake up" when the mouse or keyboard are manipulated and there is no output from the video (HDMI) port to my monitor.  I have tried all possible layer 1 manipulations to wake the machine, but my mining pool shows a reported hashrate of 0, and the only way to regain control of the system is a hard shutdown and restart.  This wastes both my time and my power at a premium.

(2) ...

I think I have the LAN issues figured out (2), but still getting random equipment stops as is laid out in (1) above --unit appears to be running, hashing, but it is actually doing nothing.  My mining pool shows no connection and periphery manipulation is unable to wake the device, the keyboard caps/num lock are both unresponsive, and the monitor says its receiving no signal and auto powers itself down.  I've already reached out to this group but did not receive a response to my initial post.  Anyone have any ideas, or do I just contact support and knock on their door until they answer a warranty call?
Pages:
Jump to: